Infanta Leonor and Infanta Sofía, News and Pictures Part 1: April - July 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess of Monaco said:
And De Todos los Santos are a name?? or what is??

Thanks

It is a tradition of the Borbons (along with baptizing using water from the river Jordan) to add "de Todos los Santos" after the name(s).

Edit:

bbb said:
translation site gave me -sofia de todos los santos= sofia of all the saints. please correct me if its wrong. beautiful name, just beautiful

Yes, it is correct.

Princess of Monaco said:
I prefer one name... of course more names are elegant and curious but I've a dude when the royals go to school they write all names or only how we name...

Example: Prince Felipe (I believe he has more names), he write all names or only Felipe...

If write all I not imagine when they learn to write her names...:lol:

They just go with there first name and last name in their everyday lives.
ex: Felipe Bourbon

Thanks for the video agm! :flowers:

Beautiful photos!!
So cute of her trying to runaway from dad.. but it is as if she knew daddy would run after her :lol:.. and then give a hug and a kiss :wub:.. just look at her smile.. she's adorable!

Infanta Leonor is too precious and has a mind of her own.

Thanks to all for the pictures!
The only conclusion that I can extract is that she is a precious and happy girl, who inspires love in all with her grace!

Mari_* said:
Beautiful photos!!
So cute of her trying to runaway from dad.. but it is as if she knew daddy would run after her :lol:.. and then give a hug and a kiss :wub:.. just look at her smile.. she's adorable!

I must agree, she is so loved by her family!

Infanta Leonor looks so beautiful... and Prince Felipe :wub:. He its great

Now Infanta Leonor knows her new sister baby Infanta Sofia, I hope she has a the appareance of Letizia...:lol:

jspate said:
They just go with there first name and last name in their everyday lives.
ex: Felipe Bourbon

Thanks God... and why the royals give a lot of names to her sons or other if they not used???:neutral:

Doña Metizia said:
It is a tradition of the Borbons (along with baptizing using water from the river Jordan) to add "de Todos los Santos" after the name(s).

Thanks Metizia:lol:
Edit:

Yes, it is correct.

Thanks Metizia:lol:

Today Infanta Leonor going to know her new sister Infanta Sofia and she looks great and Prince Felipe mention she give to Sofia a lot of kisses...

Princess of Monaco said:
Thanks God... and why the royals give a lot of names to her sons or other if they not used???:neutral:

Just a tradition for centuries now but I am not sure how and why it started.

When come they out the hospital, i'll see the baby!

I think they should cute her hair a bit, maybe only in the front hair, IMO her hair is too long and it can get difficult for her to see well. She is big and tall, she resemble her parents of course! All her behaviour is clearly from a baby of 19 months, however she looks like she is a bit older because of her physical aspect inside she is just a 19 months baby!She is lovely indeed!

I know el Principe Felipe has not only one name. One of his names is Alfonso...

Infanta Leonor becomes more and more beautiful and cute. A bit naughty and also a bit quiet. I do love her very much. Ingrid Alexandra also is cute and naughty. haha

His Royal Highness the Prince of Asturias, Felipe Juan Pablo Alfonso de Todos los Santos de Borbón y de Grecia, Prince of Viana, Prince of Gerona, Duke of Montblanc, Count of Cervera and Lord of Balaguer.

The names of Felipe, Juan, Pablo and Alfonso de Todos los Santos in memory, respectively, of the first Bourbon King to reign in Spain, of the Head of the Spanish Royal Household, his paternal grandfather, of the King of Greece, his maternal grandfather, and of the former King of Spain, his great-grandfather Alfonso XIII.

Last edited:
Princess of Monaco said:

Well, my two younger brothers have three names, even though they just use the first. I think it is just a way to honor family members, or maybe because the parents went with the favored name, but also loved a particular name and wanted to use it as a part of the name too.

Take Felipe for example. Felipe Juan Pablo Alfonso. Felipe is supposed to be after one of the first Borbon kings, Juan after his paternal grandfather, Infante Juan, Count of Barcelona; Pablo after his maternal grandfather, King Paul of Greece, and Alfonso for his great-grandfather, Alfonso XIII. His sisters have the same thing as well, as with their children. Froilan's first names, Felipe Juan, are for his uncle and grandfather; Victoria's names are for Queen Victoria Eugenia and Queen Sofia's mother, Queen Frederica. Cristina's children, Juan for his grandfather, for Pablo, King Paul of Greece. Miguel, that's after Inaki's brother, I think; and Irene, for Queen Sofia's sister, Princess Irene of Greece.

Princess of Monaco said:

because they are royals:flowers: If I were Letizia I would name my daughters with 3 names and de Todos los Santos, not only Leonor de Todos los Santos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom