The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 05:53 PM
Nobility

Point de Vue (source: ebay)
http://membre.oricom.ca/mep43/leon.JPG
http://membre.oricom.ca/mep43/leon1.JPG

Old 06-06-2007, 07:23 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by morhange
I've always wondered why Froilan, Victoria, Juan and Pablo had multiple names, but Miguel, Irene, Leonor and Sofia only have one. I mean, there is 'de Todos los Santos' but I don't think that counts as a NAME, but more a Borbon tradition. I thought it was a little strange considering Cristina and Felipe (not Elena, since both of her children have more than one name) have multiple names.
Does anyone know if the SRF members in the centuries ago hand multiple names? Maybe, the present SRF is reverting back to a more ancient tradition of just having one name. I read that the Spanish kings of old signed documents as "I the King" and not their given name.

Old 06-08-2007, 01:16 PM
Gentry

I hope that the baptism is soon.
I miss not seeing the princess Letizia and the infants Leonor and Sofia.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:28 PM
Commoner

I like the name Leonor as it is different. Sofia is a lovely classic name!
Old 06-08-2007, 04:48 PM
Serene Highness

I'm quite curious on when the date of the christening will be anounced. I hope it will be soon. I can't wait to see little Sofia and adorable Leonor Of course I'm also looking forward to seeing Letizia again with her new haircut
Old 06-08-2007, 05:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

The prince said that for the first time they were able to sleep 5 hours at night. It looks like Baby Sofia didn't give them an easy time as Baby Leonor who generally ate well and slept well.

DiariodeNavarra.es -Leyre, centro de la política navarra
Old 06-08-2007, 09:01 PM
Courtier

In a Spanish magazine say the color of eyes of the infanta Sofía!

ABC.es: gente - gente - Gonzalo Miró, en el Palacio de Liria, con Cayetana en brazos
Old 06-08-2007, 09:24 PM
Heir Apparent

In any case, isn't Leonor the spanish version of Eleanor? If so, and even if not, there have been many historic queens with the name of Eleanor. There have also been many princesses with that name.. Such as:

Queen Eleanor of Aquitane : Born a princess of Aquitane, became Queen of England.

Queen Leonora: Born Eleanor, daughter of Queen Eleanore of England, and thus a princess of England, and became Queen Leonora of Castille. She was called Leonor by her Spanish subjects.

Eleanor of Provence: Became Queen of England.

Leonor of Castille: Born Princess Leonor of Castile, daughter of Fernando III, King of Castile and Leon and his second wife, Jeanne, Countess of Ponthieu. Became Queen Eleanor of England.

Leonor of Castile: Born Leonor (1307-1359) daughter of Ferdinand IV and Constance of Portugal, married King Alfonso IV of Aragon, thus becoming Queen of Aragon.

Leonor of Castile: Eleanor of Castile (136x–1416), queen consort of Navarre (Spain): daughter of Henry II of Castile; wife of Charles III of Navarre; mother of Blanche of Navarre

Leonor of Portugal (1211-a. 1231) was a Portuguese infanta, the only daughter of King Afonso II of Portugal and his wife Urraca, princess of Castile. She was Queen consort of Denmark by marriage to Danish King Waldemar, son of Valdemar II, in 1229.

Eleanor of Aragon was the daughter of Ferdinand I of Aragon and Eleanor of Alburquerque. She was born c. 1402 and died February 19, 1445.
She married Duarte (Edward), King of Portugal on September 22, 1428

Eleanor of Portugal: was a Princess of Portugal, daughter of King Edward of Portugal and his wife Leonor of Aragon. Leonor was born in Torres Vedras on September 18, 1434. On 16 March 1452 she married the German King Frederick III and the two were crowned Holy Roman Emperor and Empress.

Eleanor of Castile (after 1363-27 February1416) was an infanta of Castile and the Queen consort of Navarre.

Leonor of Portugal was a Portuguese infanta, youngest daughter of King Afonso IV of Portugal and his first wife Beatrice of Castile. Her maternal grandparents were Sancho IV of Castile and María de Molina.
She was born on 3 February 1328 and became Queen consort of Aragon by marriage to Peter IV on 19 November 1347.

So as you see, there is plenty of precedence, especially in Spain and England for the name of Eleanor/Leonor.

Also, princesses by this name:

Eleanor de Montfort: Princess of Wales and Lady of Snowdon (1252 - 19 June1282) was a daughter of Simon de Montfort, 6th Earl of Leicester and Eleanor of England.

Leonor of Castile:
Old 06-08-2007, 09:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redferns
Ohhh, Leonor is so adorable!
Old 06-08-2007, 10:26 PM
Courtier

Leonor is a very old fashioned name that I have started to like.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:32 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxsteve
Leonor is a very old fashioned name that I have started to like.
That's a really good way to say it!!
Old 07-02-2007, 05:07 PM
Heir Apparent

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/4169/24179381gz8.jpg

(LFI)
Old 07-02-2007, 05:38 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki View Post
Thanks so much for this picture cristinaki Leonor looks so incredibly cute in the backseat Does anyone happen to know if little Sofia was with them as well?
Old 07-02-2007, 06:37 PM
Heir Apparent

you're welcome princess leonor!
I haven't seen Sofi in any of the pics and I didn't see a second baby chair, so I guess she wasn't there
Old 07-02-2007, 06:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Hang on, is that Leonor for sure? I thuoght it was a very cute doll!
Thanks for the picture crisiñaki, I missed Leonor and it was wonderful to see her again.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 07-02-2007, 06:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki View Post
you're welcome princess leonor!
I haven't seen Sofi in any of the pics and I didn't see a second baby chair, so I guess she wasn't there

Hum!, hum!, dear crisiñaki you looks to have a great knowledge of the new born....a baby chair for a two months baby !!! I'm going to write to I.C.P.A.T.:

"International Children Protection Against Torture "

In Fact the little Sofia was because aren't good for the baby's skin!!!
Old 07-02-2007, 07:54 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Infanta Sofia is too little to go to parties, I thnk... But Infanta Leonor is a little lady who attends her social obligations like the Princess she is...

Vanesa. (the eternal "courtier")
Old 07-02-2007, 08:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanesa View Post
Infanta Sofia is too little to go to parties, I thnk... But Infanta Leonor is a little lady who attends her social obligations like the Princess she is...

Vanesa. (the eternal "courtier")
Make an effort in two post you are winning a new grade!
Old 07-02-2007, 08:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelaide View Post
Hum!, hum!, dear crisiñaki you looks to have a great knowledge of the new born....a baby chair for a two months baby !!! I'm going to write to I.C.P.A.T.:

"International Children Protection Against Torture "

In Fact the little Sofia was because aren't good for the baby's skin!!!
ICPAT
(gotta love the emoticons in your message )
This is what i think they use to get Sofia when they travel in car
and This is like the one Leo is sit in
Baby Car Seats are one of the biggest inventions ever!
Old 07-02-2007, 08:42 PM
Courtier

Crisiñaki thanks for the picture ... aw Leonor looks like a doll!! when was that?