Infanta Leonor and Infanta Sofía, News and Pictures Part 1: April - July 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
morhange said:
I've always wondered why Froilan, Victoria, Juan and Pablo had multiple names, but Miguel, Irene, Leonor and Sofia only have one. I mean, there is 'de Todos los Santos' but I don't think that counts as a NAME, but more a Borbon tradition. I thought it was a little strange considering Cristina and Felipe (not Elena, since both of her children have more than one name) have multiple names.
Does anyone know if the SRF members in the centuries ago hand multiple names? Maybe, the present SRF is reverting back to a more ancient tradition of just having one name. I read that the Spanish kings of old signed documents as "I the King" and not their given name.

I hope that the baptism is soon. :rose: :heartflower:
I miss not seeing the princess Letizia and the infants Leonor and Sofia.:easterbasket::lol:

I like the name Leonor as it is different. Sofia is a lovely classic name!

I'm quite curious on when the date of the christening will be anounced. I hope it will be soon. I can't wait to see little Sofia and adorable Leonor :wub: Of course I'm also looking forward to seeing Letizia again with her new haircut :)

In any case, isn't Leonor the spanish version of Eleanor? If so, and even if not, there have been many historic queens with the name of Eleanor. There have also been many princesses with that name.. Such as:

Queen Eleanor of Aquitane : Born a princess of Aquitane, became Queen of England.

Queen Leonora: Born Eleanor, daughter of Queen Eleanore of England, and thus a princess of England, and became Queen Leonora of Castille. She was called Leonor by her Spanish subjects.

Eleanor of Provence: Became Queen of England.

Leonor of Castille: Born Princess Leonor of Castile, daughter of Fernando III, King of Castile and Leon and his second wife, Jeanne, Countess of Ponthieu. Became Queen Eleanor of England.

Leonor of Castile: Born Leonor (1307-1359) daughter of Ferdinand IV and Constance of Portugal, married King Alfonso IV of Aragon, thus becoming Queen of Aragon.

Leonor of Castile: Eleanor of Castile (136x–1416), queen consort of Navarre (Spain): daughter of Henry II of Castile; wife of Charles III of Navarre; mother of Blanche of Navarre

Leonor of Portugal (1211-a. 1231) was a Portuguese infanta, the only daughter of King Afonso II of Portugal and his wife Urraca, princess of Castile. She was Queen consort of Denmark by marriage to Danish King Waldemar, son of Valdemar II, in 1229.

Eleanor of Aragon was the daughter of Ferdinand I of Aragon and Eleanor of Alburquerque. She was born c. 1402 and died February 19, 1445.
She married Duarte (Edward), King of Portugal on September 22, 1428

Eleanor of Portugal: was a Princess of Portugal, daughter of King Edward of Portugal and his wife Leonor of Aragon. Leonor was born in Torres Vedras on September 18, 1434. On 16 March 1452 she married the German King Frederick III and the two were crowned Holy Roman Emperor and Empress.

Eleanor of Castile (after 1363-27 February 1416) was an infanta of Castile and the Queen consort of Navarre.

Leonor of Portugal was a Portuguese infanta, youngest daughter of King Afonso IV of Portugal and his first wife Beatrice of Castile. Her maternal grandparents were Sancho IV of Castile and María de Molina.
She was born on 3 February 1328 and became Queen consort of Aragon by marriage to Peter IV on 19 November 1347.

So as you see, there is plenty of precedence, especially in Spain and England for the name of Eleanor/Leonor.

Also, princesses by this name:

Eleanor de Montfort: Princess of Wales and Lady of Snowdon (1252 - 19 June 1282) was a daughter of Simon de Montfort, 6th Earl of Leicester and Eleanor of England.

Leonor of Castile:

Leonor is a very old fashioned name that I have started to like.

you're welcome princess leonor!:flowers:
I haven't seen Sofi in any of the pics and I didn't see a second baby chair, so I guess she wasn't there;)

Hang on, is that Leonor for sure? I thuoght it was a very cute doll! ;)
Thanks for the picture crisiñaki, I missed Leonor and it was wonderful to see her again. :wub:

you're welcome princess leonor!:flowers:
I haven't seen Sofi in any of the pics and I didn't see a second baby chair, so I guess she wasn't there;)

Hum!, hum!, dear crisiñaki you looks to have a great knowledge of the new born....a baby chair for a two months baby :eek: !!! I'm going to write to I.C.P.A.T.:

"International Children Protection Against Torture ":lol::ROFLMAO:

In Fact the little Sofia was :hiding: because :photo:aren't good for the baby's skin!!!

Last edited:
Infanta Sofia is too little to go to parties, I thnk...:D But Infanta Leonor is a little lady who attends her social obligations like the Princess she is...:lol:

Vanesa. (the eternal "courtier") :ROFLMAO:

Infanta Sofia is too little to go to parties, I thnk...:D But Infanta Leonor is a little lady who attends her social obligations like the Princess she is...:lol:

Vanesa. (the eternal "courtier") :ROFLMAO:

Make an effort in two post you are winning a new grade!:graduate::yeoman:

Hum!, hum!, dear crisiñaki you looks to have a great knowledge of the new born....a baby chair for a two months baby :eek: !!! I'm going to write to I.C.P.A.T.:

"International Children Protection Against Torture ":lol:

In Fact the little Sofia was :hiding: because :photo:aren't good for the baby's skin!!!

:lol: :ROFLMAO: ICPAT :lol: :ROFLMAO:
(gotta love the emoticons in your message :D)
This is what i think they use to get Sofia when they travel in car
and This is like the one Leo is sit in;)
Baby Car Seats are one of the biggest inventions ever!

Crisiñaki thanks for the picture ... aw Leonor looks like a doll!! when was that?

Last edited:
you're most welcome!:flowers:
it was at the Luis & Laura's birthday party (they are Beltrán and Laura's kids):)

awww
de nada y gracias a ti también cari!:flowers:
(you're welcome and thanks to you too sweetie)
that pic is very cute 'cuz we see Leo's blonde curls:wub: and I just cannot resist a cute baby, it's beyond my will and self control! :lol:

I don't get tired of saying it ..Leonor is a living doll!

Awww Sofii is still to little :wub::wub::wub: to go to parties.. I can't wait to see her precious little face again!

Thanks for the pics Beauty Leonor! :)

Last edited:
Thanks for pictures. Leonor looks very cute.

thanks for these new pictures!!

can someone tell me when was it ???

thanks for these new pictures!!

can someone tell me when was it ???

It was on the occassion of the birthdays of Laura Ponte and Beltran's two children, the 1st of July, last Sunday. So probably on Sunday. It warms my heart to see Leonor again. She's so beautiful :wub:

thanks for the information about this event!!

Beautiful they all look beautiful

Posted by Paty; (Forum Organization)

Thread closed. Thank you all for your contributions, the new thread can be found here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom