Infanta Elena and Family, Current Events Part 2: April - September 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I right in thinking that Jaime had a stroke some time ago? I heard bits and pieces but could never put together what happened to him and why it was causing problems for the marriage.

Yes, in December 2001, he suffered a stroke, which caused him a paralysis of the left side of his body. He was assisted in the hospital Gregorio Marañón and since then, he has made physiotherapy treatments, which allow him to recover. However, it's usual that people who suffer this kind of problems become more impacient, sometimes even aggressive. I guess the worst part is already surpassed, but it was a hard time for sure.

From newscom:

King Juan Carlos grandsons, Felipe Juan Froil·n and Victoria Federica, get their hair cut at a Muslim hairdresser.

Attachments

• gamma172752.jpg
    gamma172752.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 323
  • gamma172753.jpg
    gamma172753.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 270
  • gamma172754.jpg
    gamma172754.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 294
  • gamma172755.jpg
    gamma172755.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 255
  • gamma172756.jpg
    gamma172756.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 286
  • gamma172757.jpg
    gamma172757.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 303
lula said:
King Juan Carlos' grandsons, Felipe Juan Froilan and Victoria Federica, get their hair cut at a Muslim hairdresser.
Thanks, Lula. Do you know when and where were these photos taken?

Elsa M. said:
Thanks, Lula. Do you know when and where were these photos taken?
I believe that the photos are of this week, they are taken in Madrid

OK, what is up with this little boy?? I understand that some children can be out of control sometimes, but every time I see pics of him, he's kicking or jumping or something that it's appropriate for the environment. I know that I don't seem him 24/7, but after seeing these newest pics, I don't think that I could deal with him for very long.

lula said:
I believe that the photos are of this week, they are taken in Madrid
O.K., thanks. I found now the referrence of those photos. They are from yesterday (July 27th).
That tall lady is María Zurita (Infanta Margarita's daughter) and she brought Froilán and Victoria to a Muslim hairdresser, in Madrid.

Froilan is my favourite royal child but he doesn't seem to have been badly brought up... How sad...

Excuse me, I mean, he SEEMS to have been badly brought up!!
I think Froilan may be a hyperactive child. Everytime I see pictures of him, he always jumping everywhere, making faces, sticking out his tongue to people, etc... How sad!!

Last edited:
Maybe he is SPOILED! Please do the world a favor and never spoil your kids!

Infanta elena is also in Portugal for competition Vimeiro with horses. The first 2 days weren't good for infanta because "The horse that she uses in the competitions are from the spanish army so that she are in disavantage to the others persons" says her coach (spanish employee from the defense ministry).
She is in the hotel golf mar (http://www.eav.pt/hotel_golf_mar.htm). Here's the link to the compeptition: http://www.csivimeiro.com/concursos.php

http://www.oesteonline.pt/noticias/noticia.asp?nid=6643&oro=2&pesquisa=infanta+elena

Infanta Elena of Spain visited Medieval Market

THE Spanish princess, Infanta Owner Elena, was in the day 22 of July in Óbidos. The princess, in a casual style and passing barely unnoticed between the tourists, visited some of the main points of interest of the Town, nomeadamente the Church of Holy Maria, having, subsequently, deed a visit to the Medieval Market.
To Infanta Elena dislocated itself to Portugal for participate in the contest hípico of jumps, in the Vimeiro. In one of the pauses of the test, the princess dislocated himself informally to Óbidos, having been received by elements of the Municipal Chamber of Óbidos and of the Region of Tourism of the West.

http://www.oesteonline.pt/noticias/noticia.asp?nid=9845&oro=2&pesquisa=infanta+elena

The Center Hípico Hotel Golf Sea presented this Saturday, 23 of July, a spectacle of the Brazilian singer Ivete Sangalo, in a fantastic setting next to the Atlantic one, integrated in the International Contest of Jumps of the Vimeiro.
Ivete Sangalo acted in the driving ranch of the Hotel Golf Sea, a space with 10.500m2 and with around 8 thousand persons. In the stage amounted to the free air, the Bahian singer, counted on the presence of 14 musicians and 7 ballet dancers, between them their husband.
To Brazilian sung successes as «Herself I did not love you so much like this», «Party» and «Rare Beauty», some of the which you fear of the Band Eva, of the which Ivete Sangalo was vocalista.
It watch to this spectacle were several and international renown riders endless number figures public, between them, Infanta D. Elena of Borbon, Daisy Santana Lopes, Paulo and Miguel Santana Lopes, Cristina Holy Hisses.
In the end of the spectacle, Ivete Sangalo spoke to the journalists, praising the Portuguese public that in nothing stayed behind the Brazilian, in the form as both receive warmly its music.

http://www.oesteonline.pt/noticias/noticia.asp?nid=9852&oro=2&pesquisa=infanta+elena

VI Contest of International Jumps Michel Robert defeats Big Prémio of the Vimeiro

Michel Robert Finished yesterday, Sunday, in the Center Hípico Hotel Golf it I SAW Edition of the Contest of International Jumps of the Vimeiro, where participated endless number international riders of this modality. Miguel Santana Lopes, Luís Sabino Gonçalves, Michel Robert and Gonçalo Oak Martins were the big winners of the last day of him I SAW Contest of International Jumps.
This last day was composed by more four supply: Test Selenis; Test Tourism of Portugal; Big Prémio Waters of the Vimeiro and Test BP Gas Light.
The Portuguese one Miguel Santana Lopes was the big winner of the Test Selenis, with a gross one of prémios of 2.400,00 Euros. The Italian one Karl Wechselberger and the Portuguese one Filipe Malta of the Coast, respectively were classified in second and third place in this supply.
In the Test Tourism of Portugal, with a gross one of prémios of 4.000,00 Euros, the Portuguese one Luís Sabino Gonçalves conquered the first place. The Portuguese Filipe Malta of the Coast and Eduardo Kol Netto of Almeida classified itself respectively in the Monday and third position.
The Big one Prémio Waters of the Vimeiro, was conquered by the French one Michel Robert with a prémio of 10.000,00 Euros, following himself in second place Francisco Noble Guedes (Portuguese) and in third Manufactures Dumartin (French). This supply totalled up a prémio of 40.000 Euros.
Finally, the Portuguese one Gonçalo Oak Martins defeated the Test BP Gas Light with a gross one of prémios of 1.000,00 Euros. The Portuguese Joana Malta of the Coast and Ana Mello respectively were classified in second and third place.
I SAW Contest of International Jumps of the Vimeiro, of three stars, counted on the presence of riders of 13 nationalities, between them to Infanta Elena of Borbon. Portugal, Spain, France, Belgium, Italy, England, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Malta, Africa of the South, Australia and Philippines were the countries represented.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a question when the infanta is going to mallorca

Loli said:
Excuse me, I mean, he SEEMS to have been badly brought up!!
I think Froilan may be a hyperactive child. Everytime I see pictures of him, he always jumping everywhere, making faces, sticking out his tongue to people, etc... How sad!!

I agree with you. I don't believe I could stand him or his sister for too long. In another thread I questioned Elena's abilities as a parent. The kids seem very stressed and, unlike Christina's boys, they do not seem to find peace or comfort around their parents (I'm referring to the picture where Christina put a calming hand on one of her sons' head). Maybe Jaime's stroke is badly affecting the entire family. I might also be less forgiving because Christina's boys are so cute.

camila said:
I have a question when the infanta is going to mallorca
isabella_ said:
I was wondering the same thing right now... :confused:

Anyway, here some information about Jaime’s whereabouts. ;)

Jaime de Marichalar in Tauste

The customers of the restaurant El Torreón were so surprised when they saw Infanta Elena's husband in Tauste. Jaime de Marichalar ate in El Torreón on Saturday rounded with the curiosity of the rest of the people and a few onlookers who got to know the unexpected visit. The persons in charge of the restaurant paid attention to the request of discretion which was done by Marichalar and there were neither regards nor photos to capture the moment. Maria Jose was in that place last Saturday and she explained that though Marichalar ate in the reserved zone of the restaurant, the children were running around the whole place followed closely by a bodyguard.

In addition, both physiognomies turn out to be difficult to confuse so it wasn't any doubts about their identities. Some people waited patiently in the exit to be able to observe them closely. Maria Jose told yesterday that this visit was lived with illusion. Well, you can’t find in Tauste one of the king's sons-in-law very frequently, though he was there just for a few hours.

(Source: Ejea Noticias)

Last edited:
rchainho said:
i have some photos of elena in portugal in the competions. But now i am abroad and i don't have the pics with me. I put them in the weekend ok?

Ok! Thanks in advance!;)

It'll be great to see Infanta Elena again, because... it's just me or we haven't seen her in a quite long time? :confused:

You'd think that they had good nannies to raise the kids if hte parents aren't capable.

did you know if she is going to mallorca.

i really don't know.:confused:

The contest will finish until september. It has many stages.

Last edited:
For those who (like me) are wondering were on Earth has been Elena this summer, here some clues about her whereabouts. :p

(It’s extracted from an article about the holidays of the Spanish Royal Family. Source: El Semanal Digital)

"Since the Infantas Elenas and Cristina got married, their presence in Majorca has been lessened. Infanta Elena shows affection for more chics places, places which can be better protected from indiscreet onlookers. Some people say that Doña Elena is influenced by her husband, Jaime de Marichalar, who has a reputation of being a "bon vivant" who really loves the luxury and the friendship with people who are on the habit of having very high standard of living."

I think that elena and jaime are tried to save the marriage that is the reason why are far away

I have other question how jaime relatiosnhip with the queen and king

Last edited by a moderator:
isabella_ said:
For those who (like me) are wondering were on Earth has been Elena this summer, here some clues about her whereabouts. :p

(It’s extracted from an article about the holidays of the Spanish Royal Family. Source: El Semanal Digital)

"Since the Infantas Elenas and Cristina got married, their presence in Majorca has been lessened. Infanta Elena shows affection for more chics places, places which can be better protected from indiscreet onlookers. Some people say that Doña Elena is influenced by her husband, Jaime de Marichalar, who has a reputation of being a "bon vivant" who really loves the luxury and the friendship with people who are on the habit of having very high standard of living."[/QUOTE]

Ha ha! That extract of the Spanish journal confirms my suspicions about Jaime's negative influence on Elena. But the French expression «bon vivant» is inappropriate here, a «bon vivant» enjoys life and its pleasures to its fullest but is not a snob. You can be a bon vivant without a lot of money. Uptight Snob would be better words to describe Jaime.

I totally agree with you Princess BellyFlop... I'm French and the expression "being a bon vivant" doesn't fit the meaning at all...

i second you Princess BellyFlop and Loli !

it's ruther curious that they made that kind of mistake (a big one!) ;)

Thanks Princess BellyFlop for the explanation.:) I wasn’t sure about the translation of “bon vivant”, so I didn't translate it when I translated the rest of the article. Anyway, these types of mistakes aren’t so odd… they're called "erratas" in Spain and they appear a lot of times in the newspapers and magazines.

Jaime is a member of the Royal Family after all. Perhaps the newspapers aren't allowed to bring discredit on him too much??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom