Infanta Elena and Family, Current Events Part 1: January 2003 - April 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by DDD@May 23rd, 2004 - 5:41 pm
Did somebody see Froilan at the wedding :p
That kid is really funny :p
I know that kids are bored at weddings, but you could clearly see it at Froilan :lol:

THE LINK: (push Los niños juegan durenta la ceremonia)
http://especiales.prisacom.com/2004/bodareal/videos.html
I can't seem to get this link to work; is there something I should do besides just hitting 'Play?'

Originally posted by Alexandria+May 23rd, 2004 - 4:45 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Alexandria @ May 23rd, 2004 - 4:45 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DDD@May 23rd, 2004 - 5:41 pm
I know that kids are bored at weddings, but you could clearly see it at Froilan  :lol:

I can't seem to get this link to work; is there something I should do besides just hitting 'Play?' [/b][/quote]
try clicking on the picture.

Originally posted by DDD@May 23rd, 2004 - 4:41 pm
I know that kids are bored at weddings, but you could clearly see it at Froilan :lol:

Some pictures:
http://www.polfoto.dk/Polfoto/Photo/Live/w...08887_guest.jpg
http://estaticos.elmundo.es/especiales/200...a_elmundoes.gif
On holiday:
http://www.polfoto.dk/Polfoto/Photo/Live/w...01kwe_guest.jpg
And a article about his appearance on the wedding day
http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2004/05/22/e...1085223536.html
Is he kicking at that little girl? :huh: Excuse me for saying so but I don't find that cute. If he had done that at a wedding here, he would have been seated next to his mother so he would behave for the remainder of the ceremony. :flower:

off course you cannot tolerate such behaviour, but how old is Froilan? 5? he had had a very tiring week/days...it's a lot to deal with for a young child...they fet bored easily...

Originally posted by Martine@Jun 20th, 2004 - 2:41 pm
off course you cannot tolerate such behaviour, but how old is Froilan? 5? he had had a very tiring week/days...it's a lot to deal with for a young child...they fet bored easily...
I agree. Such behaviour should not be tolerated, but on the other hand, it was a very long and probably exhausting week for Froilan, regardless of his age. What with the rehearsal and the long day of the wedding itself, I'm sure he was not only bored but also quite tired from the morning.

I also get the impression that he is a bit of a handful and much more active and rambunctious than his cousins Juanito, Pablo and Miguel.

Originally posted by Bubbette@Jul 6th, 2004 - 8:37 am
There body language doesn't show too much affection, does it?
Well, rumor has it that things are too wonderful with the Duke and Duchess of Lugo.

Originally posted by xicamaluca@Jul 6th, 2004 - 7:17 am
From yesterday gala :)

Elena

Elena's profile
Elena's dress is quite beautiful and ornate. She seems to favour more "fancy" and ornate dresses than her younger sister Cristina. It seems to suit her personality well.

She sufered a fall during one of her jumps and she had to leave, but wasn't anything serious and later she returned to the contest :)

Elena

More new jumping-pics of infanta Elena and her family...little Victoria wasn´t in her best mood.

There is something about Don Jaime that rubs me the wrong way.... Something is not right.

Originally posted by ennyllorac@Jul 13th, 2004 - 8:39 am
There is something about Don Jaime that rubs me the wrong way.... Something is not right.
A little while ago, I heard that Jaime had suffered a stroke ~ sooo, maybe that's "why" he doesn't look too "chipper" at times. His stroke was written about twice on two reputible websites, therefore, that's why I tend to believe it. In some photos I've seen, he tries to keep his arms folded across his body and there is a slight "drooping" of the left side of his face ... so, it was probably a "mild stroke", and if it is, I hope he's undergoing some type of rehabilitation ~ ... BUT, I've also heard the stories about "some unsatisfaction" between Jaime and Elena, therefore, both of these scenarios might be true.

I think very highly of Infanta Elena and want the very best for her. She seems loyal and true to herself, her family, and her country, plus being a consciencious mother. I truly hope the best for her AND Jaime ~ sometimes, marriages hit a "snag" for a bit ~ but, in the long run, they do seem to stand the test of time.

Both of them have my best wishes. :heart:

Elizajane

Jaime had a stroke in end of 2001, it was public. Was realy serious. But, the rumours about problems came before that. What happen is since then, there are much more talk about problems in their wedding. Thr strange way that they lived in NY, some strange attitudes from Jaime and the fact that they live almost separeted lifes since they moved back to Madrid helped alot to the talk.

Thanks for the pictures. It's incredible how much Froilan looks like the Infanta.

Elizajane said:
A little while ago, I heard that Jaime had suffered a stroke ~ sooo, maybe that's "why" he doesn't look too "chipper" at times. His stroke was written about twice on two reputible websites, therefore, that's why I tend to believe it. In some photos I've seen, he tries to keep his arms folded across his body and there is a slight "drooping" of the left side of his face ... so, it was probably a "mild stroke", and if it is, I hope he's undergoing some type of rehabilitation ~ ... BUT, I've also heard the stories about "some unsatisfaction" between Jaime and Elena, therefore, both of these scenarios might be true.

I think very highly of Infanta Elena and want the very best for her. She seems loyal and true to herself, her family, and her country, plus being a consciencious mother. I truly hope the best for her AND Jaime ~ sometimes, marriages hit a "snag" for a bit ~ but, in the long run, they do seem to stand the test of time.

Both of them have my best wishes. :heart:

Elizajane

Many say that his stroke triggered a change in his personality and attitude. We never heard anything bad about Jaime until after his stroke. After that, he seemed more irritable, became more arrogant, and neglecting his marriage. I don't know if that's what went wrong. I'll ask a medical expert if there's any truth to that.

Anyway, I'm glad that they're willing to try and work out their relationship first, to see if it's still salvagable. Divorce is not an easy thing to swallow, but most especially with Catholics. If it can be avoided, then it will.

Su Majestad la Reina, Su Alteza Real la Infanta Doña Elena y su esposo, Don Jaime de Marichalar, en la ceremonia inaugural de los XII Juegos Paralímpicos, que se celebrarán en Atenas del 17 al 28 de septiembre de 2004.
(Atenas, 17 de septiembre de 2004)
paral06g.jpg

Now Joachim and Alexandra are getting divorced, I wondered this: if it is indeed true that Elena's marriage is bad, will the divorce of Joachim make it easier to take the step of divorce too???

royal_sophietje said:
Now Joachim and Alexandra are getting divorced, I wondered this: if it is indeed true that Elena's marriage is bad, will the divorce of Joachim make it easier to take the step of divorce too???
Spain and Denmark are very different in terms of their people's expectations and liberalties of their monarchies. Spain in comparison to Denmark's monarchy is not only relatively new (Denmark's being the oldest), but the Spanish people seem to me to be more conservative in respect to their royal family. As discussed in other threads in this forum, the Spanish monarchy is very humble and lives not nearly as extravagantly as you would expect a royal family to live. While it is partially also personal prefence, the festivities surrounding Queen Margrethe's 60th birthdays were quite grand in comparison to how King Juan Carlos celebrated his: a 'casual' photo shoots on the grounds of Zarzuela Palace with Queen Sofia and their children. There was no balcony appearance, carriage ride, no inviting dozens of royal family members to a luncheon then a gala dinner with dancing and ball gowns and tiaras.

Elena and Joachim are in similar positions: second in line to the throne and with a family already while her brother Felipe (and Frederik) is newly married and without a family -- but just because Joachim is being given the okay to divorce doesn't mean that Elena will.

Different countries, different monarchies, different expectations and different rules to oblige by.

Here Elena and Jaime attending this weekend's wedding of her cousin, Beltran to model Laura Ponte.

Attachments

• elena-1.jpg
    elena-1.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 320
  • elena-2.jpg
    elena-2.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 304
A health crisis and a miscarriage can put a strain on any marriage. Elena and Jamie are no different in any other couple in that respect. I'll ignore gossip about their marriage until I hear otherwise from the Spanish Royal Family. But I do read it.

Elena and Jamie didn't show affection like Cristina and INAKI. Earlier this month, Elena and Jamie kissed in public. They were criticized for both. I put this under the saying "you can't have it both ways."

In Athens at the opening ceremony, Elena wore her hair down. She looks so different. I thought her hair was long, but I didn't realize it was this long.

Attachments

• Elena1.jpg
    Elena1.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 363
  • Elena2.jpg
    Elena2.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 355
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom