Infanta Elena and Family, Current Events Part 1: January 2003 - April 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
13 January 2004. Jaime de Marichalar shops "Avenue Montaigne" in Paris.

13 January 2004. Jaime de Marichalar shops "Avenue Montaigne" in Paris.

Attachments

• jaime_1.jpg
    jaime_1.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 200
  • jaime_5.jpg
    jaime_5.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 195
Last edited by a moderator:
NIce pictures from Thread I!

I really agree with a member of LTR that Princess Elena should try sporting a new haircut. Or maybe she would have her hair straightened because its sort of curly and she always just ties it or have it in a ponytail.

I really observed that there is a big similarity between Princess Alexandra of Denmark and Infanta Elena of Spain. They both love to wear attires wherein there is an accessory in the neck part that looks like a fake fur. Their shoes are also stylish. They are the first royals I have seen who dares to wear shoes which have various fashionable colors usually stripes.

At the Franco Iberian Royals Message board, discussion of Infanta Elena's marriage to Jaime de Marichalar possibly in trouble and that a seperation might be announced after Felipe and Letizia get married and the attention is off the Spanish royals. Allegedly, part of this might be fuelled by Felipe, who does not appreciate Jaime giving his future wife the cold shoulder and being opposed to the relationship.

Follow the discussion here:
Infanta Elena's marriage crisis at the Franco Iberian Board

Allegedly, part of this might be fuelled by Felipe, who does not appreciate Jaime giving his future wife the cold shoulder and being opposed to the relationship.

Elena and Jaime had marital problems for many years and Jamine had been completely ignored by the King last summer. If it's not for Felipe's upcoming wedding, the seperation might have already been announced. I guess by bad-mouthing Letizia, Jaime possibly lost the last person he was in good terms with in the family.

Originally posted by Alexandria@Jan 27th, 2004 - 6:53 pm
Allegedly, part of this might be fuelled by Felipe

It's not fuelled by Felipe--although it is true that Felipe is said to be less than happy with Marichalar for what were some apparently not very kind words about Letizia. The marriage has been rumored to be in trouble for a very long time, in part because after Jaime had a stroke, apparently his character changed. There have also been rumors that he has been less than faithful.

The marriage has been rumored to be in trouble for a very long time, in part because after Jaime had a stroke, apparently his character changed. There have also been rumors that he has been less than faithful.

They had problems even before his stroke. I heard he is bi. Poor Elena. After so many years, she deserves to make the decision herself.

When I say "fuelled by Felipe" I don't mean to imply that he was the reason for the possible seperation of Elena and Jaime, but that Jaime's less than stellar views of Letizia and his firm stance against the marriage, might've been one of the last straws for the King to permit a seperation between his eldest daughter and her husband.

Rumours of marital discord between Elena and Jaime have been ripe for many years, and I, too, have read that the stroke changed Jaime's personality and nature, and may have made him more difficult to live with or be married to.

I have also read accounts of Jaime acting more royal than the King and Queen or pulling rank on many occasions (not with their Majesties, but in other social occasions) -- which the King and Queen don't seem to like too much.

I personally get the impression from the Spanish royals that there is very much a united front amongst the family members in public, regardless of whatever private feelings are behind closed doors. If the alleged stories of the King and Queen vehemently being opposed to Felipe marrying Letizia are true and the 'standoff' between Felipe and his parents and Elena and Jaime, while Cristina supported her brother are true, it was hard to tell from the concert before the official engagement was announced or in the several several public appearances Letizia has made with the family. With the exception of Jaime not talking to Letizia at the 25th constitution celebrations, everybody in the family, including the Queen and Elena, seemed to be chatting and smiling with Letizia.

On a similar note, with rumours of marital discord between Elena and Jaime circulating for years, and the accompanying stories that the King and Queen (but especially the King) are giving him the cold shoulder, that is, in my eyes, not so obvious in family pictures with Jaime in the past few years.

A question: If Elena and Jaime were to get divorced, what would happen to their children? For example, before marrying, Maxima had to sign a legal document that said she would give up custody of any children (or something like this that would not give her sole custody) born between her and Willem. In Elena and Jaime's case, seeing as she is the one with the royal pedigree, would Jaime be required to give up his rights to sole custody of his kids, or does this not matter since Froilan and Victoria are not as close in line to the throne as Maxima and Willem's children would be? (Does this make sense?)

Originally posted by Alexandria@Jan 27th, 2004 - 8:23 pm

A question: If Elena and Jaime were to get divorced, what would happen to their children? For example, before marrying, Maxima had to sign a legal document that said she would give up custody of any children (or something like this that would not give her sole custody) born between her and Willem. In Elena and Jaime's case, seeing as she is the one with the royal pedigree, would Jaime be required to give up his rights to sole custody of his kids, or does this not matter since Froilan and Victoria are not as close in line to the throne as Maxima and Willem's children would be? (Does this make sense?)
If Elena and Jaime had some sort of prenuptual agreement, it may have been worded that Elena get sole custody of the kids, that could change with the marriage of her brother and the birth of any children. Most legal agreements are full of "what if this happens" clauses, some rather plausable and some really off the wall. If for some sad reason the Prince does not have any children, does that put Elena's kids closer in line for the throne. My guess would be they have joint custody with the kids living with Elena, especially if the rumors about Jaime are true.

Well with Willem and Maxima and say Haakon and Mette-Marit, they signed a prenup which stated that the fathers would get sole custody of the children in event of a divorce. I think it's because they're the crown princes and their children would be higher up in the line of succession. I think you're right about Jaime and Elena probably getting joint custody- unless Jaime is deemed unfit to be guardian to Froilan and VIctoria.

Originally posted by royal_sophietje@Apr 5th, 2004 - 7:31 am
Are the rumours still going on?????
What rumours?

The rumours of marital problems between Jaime and Elena?

The rumours of Jaime's sexuality?

The rumours of Jaime's mental health problems (as a result of the stroke)?

Originally posted by Alexandria@Apr 5th, 2004 - 2:21 pm
The rumours of marital problems between Jaime and Elena?
That rumours :blush:

I thought they were one of the happiest married couples around.......

Originally posted by royal_sophietje@Apr 5th, 2004 - 1:15 pm
That rumours :blush:

I thought they were one of the happiest married couples around.......
I don't think Elena and Jaime have been a happily married couple for a long time. Certainly since his stroke I have read stories about how different he now is and how difficult he can be to live with and personality wise. Strokes of course can change a person's personality a lot, partly because of the frustration one experiences of not having the complete autonomy or capacities one had before. And that Jaime's personality changes have led to a tremendous strain on the marriage.

And also, some familiar disputes have not made Jaime more favourable in the eyes of the family or Elena, such as Jaime's staunch opposition to Letizia becoming the future Queen (though Elena was (is still?) opposed to Letizia, too, so that can't be the sole reason) or his outburst at an event in which he said someone was like Castro. During the 25th anniversary of the Spanish constitution apparently Jaime was upset/angry/annoyed that he didn't get to sit with the King and Queen and the rest of the royal family and was relegated to a side section, where Inaki (married to Infanta Cristina) and Letizia sat. I think I also read that when the King and Queen, Elena, Cristina and Felipe came in Jaime refused to clap when everyone else did, too.

Also, Elena had a miscarriage last fall, which I presume could cause a strain on a marriage, too. I don't know if Elena and Jaime had planned the baby or it was a happy surprise or what, but whatever the circumstances, when a miscarriage occurs there is a tremendous emotional as well as physical toll on a woman and by extension her partner and a marriage.

Thank you very much Alexandra for you explanation :)

:flower:

i think that jaime would have to leave the custody to elena, as in any other divorce. however, it's a different situation as maxima's and mette marit's as if there was a divorce between that couples, their children would be in custody of their fathers, as ingrid and amalia are the heirs to the thrones of norway and the netherlands, respectively. however, this is not the case of elena, as their froilan is the 6 or 7 in the sucesory line of the spanish throne. however, as he can someday be king, maybe it's considered he has to recive an 'in palace' education....

And here's another divine photo of Marichalar and Froilán, soon afterwards the "marichalazo". Isn't it tender?

p_00p01b.jpg

Originally posted by Ivanloca Republicana@Apr 8th, 2004 - 7:02 pm
And here's another divine photo of Marichalar and Froilán, soon afterwards the "marichalazo". Isn't it tender?
Hmmm...isn't that Victoria in the picture?

...their froilan is the 6 or 7 in the sucesory line of the spanish throne.
Actually, Froilan isn't 6th or 7th (yet), right now, he's 3rd in the line of succession to the Spanish throne...so he's higher up than you thought. However, that will change when Felipe and Letizia have children.

Your pics are so tender...,I think Marichalar is a handsome man,he's lovely ;) ;) and Froilan adores him...

I hope that their problems would be settled soon because I don't really like to see Elena and Jaime separating. A lot of effects would really open up once they do this. Their children would greatly be affected by this. And to be able to solve the problem, the rest of the members of the Royal Family should also support and help on whatever they could possibly do to settle things down.

She is really not dressed attractively. I mean a little lipstick at least would go along way!

I know this is already an old picture of Infante Elena taken last February 1, 1985 when she did her work and experienced being a headmistress but it's nice to look at it. Especially her hairstyle during that time.

Infante Elena

Originally posted by Bubbette@Apr 20th, 2004 - 11:51 am
She is really not dressed attractively. I mean a little lipstick at least would go along way!
She is competing in a riding competition. Some people do wear sports makeup, however Infanta Elena is a serious horse woman and I doubt that she is the least bit concerned about lipstick or any kind of makeup when she is riding. In this particualr instance, I really don't think that lipstick was necessary or of great importance.

Did somebody see Froilan at the wedding :p
That kid is really funny :p
I know that kids are bored at weddings, but you could clearly see it at Froilan :lol:

THE LINK: (push Los niños juegan durenta la ceremonia)
http://especiales.prisacom.com/2004/bodareal/videos.html

Some pictures:
http://www.polfoto.dk/Polfoto/Photo/Live/w...08887_guest.jpg
http://estaticos.elmundo.es/especiales/200...a_elmundoes.gif
On holiday:
http://www.polfoto.dk/Polfoto/Photo/Live/w...01kwe_guest.jpg
And a article about his appearance on the wedding day
http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2004/05/22/e...1085223536.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom