The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 04:17 PM
Royal Highness

DPA

Old 07-04-2006, 11:51 AM
Royal Highness

Saturday, when it appeared in the castle of Berg, in Luxembourg, in order to be present in the celebration by the silver wedding of the Great Dukes of Luxembourg, infant Elena left to more of an assistant with the open mouth.
The greater daughter of the kings of Spain, of 43 years, it arrived, of the hand of its husband, Jaime de Marichalar, Duke of Lugo, shining a red long dress with gold embroiderings and with which the clock and the fan matched. Lucia like a youngster.
The Spanish press, always letter to the details of the real family, it emphasized the suit of Elena immediately, to that it defined with single word: it called it spectacular.

http://www.aldia.co.cr/ad_ee/2006/ju...arandula2.html

Old 07-06-2006, 02:46 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

PARIS - JULY 5: (L-R) Jaime de Marichalar, Doris Brynner and Marie Chantal de Grece attend the Valentino Fashion show during Paris Fashion Week (Haute Couture) Fall-Winter 2006/07 at Theatre National de Chaillot July 5, 2006 in Paris, France. (Photo by Eric Ryan/Getty Images):

Old 07-06-2006, 04:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

And in Dior, with Doris Bryner and the family Arnault

From getty
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	71376725.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	253589   Click image for larger version

Name:	71376773.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	253590  
Old 07-06-2006, 10:34 AM
Royal Highness

Lecturas

Old 07-06-2006, 03:19 PM
Gentry

I'm not a fan of Jaime (sorry DON Jaime), so I won't say a word about him, including why he is at a fashion show, but I will comment on Infanta Elena. She looks wonderful in that dress and I always love her smile.
Old 07-07-2006, 06:48 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Thanks for posting the nice magazine clippings, Mon :)

Jaime yesterday at "CHRISTIAN LACROIX " - COLLECTION HAUTE COUTURE - AUTOMNE HIVER 2006 2007 Sur la photo : Jaime de Marichalar et Pia de Brantes © Yann Dejardin / Deadline"

(deadline)
Old 07-07-2006, 07:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

I must say I didn't like too much the red gown when Elena used it for the first time, but during the dinner in Luxembourg she was simply glowing and looked absolutely splendit. We can say that garmets aren't everyhing, beautiful smile is paramount as well:)

Old 07-07-2006, 08:26 AM
Courtier

Few days ago ive said that she seems not doing so good (not in the best moods), well..that is past, in her last activities, specially at Luxembourg she was really glowing, with a beautiful smile. Im really glad for her.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:50 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower
Jaime yesterday at "CHRISTIAN LACROIX " - COLLECTION HAUTE COUTURE - AUTOMNE HIVER 2006 2007 Sur la photo : Jaime de Marichalar et Pia de Brantes © Yann Dejardin / Deadline"
http://i6.tinypic.com/1z6trb5.jpg
He uses lots of rings..... but i cannot see the wedding ring

I think the wedding ring is the last one (and the smaller one ) in his little finger.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:07 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallis
I'm not a fan of Jaime (sorry DON Jaime), so I won't say a word about him, including why he is at a fashion show, but I will comment on Infanta Elena. She looks wonderful in that dress and I always love her smile.
Love your comment, a great example of the power of understatement. I agree about Jaime and the fashion show thing. What's up with that?
Old 07-07-2006, 04:23 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...JuAnItA...
He uses lots of rings..... but i cannot see the wedding ring
I think that gentlemen of the royal or aristocratic classes usually wear a ring on the pinkie finger symbolizing the crest or symbol of their family. I would like to know from the posters who know more about the protocols of the nobilty or aristocracy if this information is correct. I could have sworn that I've seen pictures of Prince Pavlos of Greece also wearing a ring showing his family crest.

Other than that, I hardly doubt he is missing his wedding band because of trouble in the marriage. He seems to be very much in love with the Infanta Elena.
Old 07-07-2006, 04:35 PM
Nobility

Jaime is soooo frivolous
Old 07-07-2006, 10:47 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redferns
Jaime is soooo frivolous
What a good word for him. Was he always this way or did this start after he had that stroke? He seems to go to a lot of fashion shows, doesn't he have any sort of a job?
Old 07-10-2006, 12:03 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by royaltywatcher
He seems to go to a lot of fashion shows, doesn't he have any sort of a job?
Yes, he has a job. Actually, attending fashion shows is part of his job, since he works for Louis Vuitton.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

iHola!: Vote for Infanta Elena as The Most Elegant Woman (outfit from Pope Benedict's visit)!!!
http://www.hola.com/club/trajelegante/

Old 07-12-2006, 10:30 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallis
I think that gentlemen of the royal or aristocratic classes usually wear a ring on the pinkie finger symbolizing the crest or symbol of their family. I would like to know from the posters who know more about the protocols of the nobilty or aristocracy if this information is correct. I could have sworn that I've seen pictures of Prince Pavlos of Greece also wearing a ring showing his family crest.

Other than that, I hardly doubt he is missing his wedding band because of trouble in the marriage. He seems to be very much in love with the Infanta Elena.
I can't speak for Prince Pavlos of Greece, but the men of the British Royal Family also tend to wear their wedding rings not on the "normal" finger but rather on the pinky with the ring of their family crest. The Prince Charles, Prince Andrew (when he was married) as well as Prince Edward have done this.

In response to the comments regarding Elena's dress in Luxembourg...I thought she looked fabulous! While most will say she doesn't have the "pretty" features of her sister or sister in law..I have always thought she was a beautiful woman. Happy with life!

Old 07-16-2006, 05:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Don Jaime de Marichalar along with the Don Infant Carlos and his wife Ana of France attended in afternoon of yesterday the wedding of Cristian Abelló and Paula Luengo

http://www.abc.es/20060716/gente-gen...607160312.html
Old 07-16-2006, 05:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanletizia
Infant Elena and her husband Don Jaime de Marichalar along with the Don Infant Carlos and his wife Ana of France attended in afternoon of yesterday the wedding of Cristian Abelló and Paula Luengo

http://www.abc.es/20060716/gente-gen...607160312.html
The Infanta Elena did not come only Jaime ... the article says " The presence of the husband of the infanta Elena "
Old 07-19-2006, 08:44 AM
Royal Highness

from diez minutos

Infanta Elena, of reductions

For days, the greater daughter of the Kings of Spain went of reductions.
Although Elena bought in the centric district in which lives, one moved of store in store in a Mini red convertible that she herself drived.
Among other establishments, the Infant was in Zara, a very well-known store in which the Duchess of Lugo acquired a very simple article and in that one was proving several models.

Vacations in family

After remaining half an hour, approximately, in this establishment, the Infant took her Mini ones, that it had parked in the door of the store, and, drawing for the intense Madrilenian traffic, it returned to its house.
Perhaps Doña Elena is preparing the clothes for her vacations in Palma de Mallorca, that they will begin shortly.
As it comes being habitual, the Dukes of Lugo and their children, Felipe Juan Froilán and Victoria Federica, they will spend its summer vacations next to the rest of the members of the Royal Family in the Balearic island.

http://www.diezminutos.wanadoo.es/ca...os/146355.html