Infanta Elena and Family, Current Events Part 7: April - October 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Elena as always impeccably dressed, she's so elegant and poised :flowers:

Here's a great picture gallery from Elena's visit to the
National Portrait Gallery in Washington DC from
abaca :flowers:

I really like the coat, it's very nice and seems to fit her well. But it might look even better in a different color.

does anyone know if there is a video of the speech? Elena is dressed fabulously as always

I love the picture where she is signing the guestbook. Making her to pose with her "great-great-great-great grandpa" Carlos III behind is a special occasion. You can't say she is beatiful, but you can't deny she is regal.

Vanesa.:)

La infanta Elena ensalza el legado español en EEUU | El Periódico de Catalunya | Gente

Nobody had said Wednesday, in the National Portrait Gallery de Washington, that at political level the relations between Spain and the U.S.A. do not happen through their better moment. And it is that infant Elena inaugurated the Bequeathed exhibition: Spain and the United States at the time of Independence, 1763-1848, sample of 75 pieces -- between paintings and an historical objects (maps, original documents...)-- to explain the paper, very little well-known, that Spain had in the independence of the colonies of North America of the British crown

AFP: Washington rinde homenaje a la contribución española a la independencia

Washington has been paying tribute to the Spanish contribution to independence For 2 days WASHINGTON (AFP) - Washington pays tribute as of Wednesday to the often unknown contribution from Spain to the independence of the United States, with a exhibition in the National Gallery of Pictures, a symposium and several acts organized in the American capital. Infant Doña Elena had to inaugurate Wednesday the 'Legado exhibition in the evening: Spain and the United States at the time of Independence (1763-1848)', in the National Gallery of Pictures of Washington, opening a series of acts that agree with the month of the Hispanic inheritance in the United States.

ABC.es: opinion - la-tercera - La ayuda española a los Estados Unidos
In the United States the French support to the rebels has remembered mainly and, in most of history books, our participation in the conflict like an almost accidental consequence of the pact between the borbónicas dynasties is mentioned. Nevertheless, as at their moment the founders of the new republic recognized, without the diplomatic support, the generous financial aid and the military action of Spanish Corona, had surely not been able to prevail the cause over American independence. It turns out to that revealing effect to espulgar the correspondence of George Washington, who anxiously waited the opened entrance of Spain in the conflict: "If we obtained that the Spaniards united their fleets to those of France and they initiated the hostilities - Washington wrote in October of 1778- would be sprightly all my doubts. If this does not obtain, I am afraid that the British Navy is too powerful to resist the performance of France ".

Thanks for the photos fanletizia, Victoria is so tall !!!

I find it funny (as in humurous) that Elena attended a horse show and Jaime attended a fashion show!

Stellad

Thanks for the photos fanletizia, Victoria is so tall !!!

You are very right because she is actually very tall and it's very previsible that she will be very tall when she will be adult because when she is birth she was 53 cm that is very, very tall for a baby girl, isen't it?

May be she is going to be taller than her brother because at the birth he was taller yet and now he looks yet taller - looks by comparaison with his cousin Juan who is quiet one year minor as him- but as I'm not:future: I can't have a precise idea:flowers:

I find it funny (as in humurous) that Elena attended a horse show and Jaime attended a fashion show!

Stellad
Funny indeed :lol::ROFLMAO:
Btw, I am just curious if Jaime was or is being criticized for attending fashion shows?

Last edited:
Nouwrein, Jaime is criticized for being present at fashionable parades. But what many people do not know, and is not interested in knowing, is that to part which to Jaime the fashion pleases, he is employed as counselor at one of the companies of the luxury most important of the world, the French group LVMH, and of it different designers and fashionable marks form a part, and to these parades he comes.

Jaime de Marichalar attend the Loewe fashion show, during the Spring/Summer 2008 ready-to-wear collection show at Couvent des Cordeliers on October 3, 2007 in Paris

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/771...4AD9FDB9CF19338BA63BD1FFB513731D84906CF1510F8

Last edited:
Since this thread is over ten pages it is now closed. The new thread can be found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom