Infanta Elena and Family, Current Events Part 7: April - October 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks lula. Neither of them looks particularly happy to have the press around; quite understandable. What school does Victoria go to?

Thanks Lula. They don't really look happy at all. I don't blame them though. Elena seems to be particularly annoyed, looking down at the ground all the time. I thought Froilan and Victoria went to the same school, but I guess I was wrong

Wow she looks annoyed. This is more than her usual not-too-happy look.

Froilan had his hair cut, it's now as short as Cristina's boys' hairdo. Perfect look as the summer vacations are around the corner :)

Has Infanta Elena banished the braid?;)

I can understand now why she's always wearing ponytail or braid. Her hair in the pix seems thick that could get poofy like mine.

thanks for the photos!!!
Elena is very elegant.

thanks for the photos!!!
Elena is very elegant.
She looks wonderful for 44! (I'm about 5 months older and I'm a tad envious of her figure and self-discipline.);)

Does the article state that she went from a size 48 to a size 40 after marrying Jaime? That is quite a dramatic change.

Yes, it is what is stated int he Hola article.
THey also say that she had to cope with very high difficulties such as her husband stroke and the abortion she suffered in 2003.

I must say that I don't like her look when she was younger but now Elena looks beautiful and elegant...
:)

I must say that I don't like her look when she was younger but now Elena looks beautiful and elegant...
:)

I totally agree! I think the same could be said for Infanta Cristina. Part of it is a function of the fashion of the time, but these two women really do deserve a lot of praise for becoming so stylish and elegant.:flowers:

Yes, it is what is stated int he Hola article.
THey also say that she had to cope with very high difficulties such as her husband stroke and the abortion she suffered in 2003.

Abortion? You mean miscarriage? To my understanding abortion means you deliberately terminated the pregnancy.

Abortion? You mean miscarriage? To my understanding abortion means you deliberately terminated the pregnancy.

In Spanish "aborto" also means miscarriage. I think this is a problem of directly translating from Spanish to English.

Yes. For Spanish speakers "abortion" could be a natural miscarriage and not a self-inflicted abortion as it is in English. The term "miscarriage" doesn't exist among us.

Vanesa.

Thanks lula. Those pants look familiar. Has she worn them on another occasion?

Abortion in english and spanish also means misscarriage. Nowadays we associate the word abortion with having a procidure done to terminate a pregnanacy.

I had the impression that it was Cristina and not Elena who had an abortion. Is it true that the pregnancy was announced but that the abortion happened soon after?

Abortion in english and spanish also means misscarriage. Nowadays we associate the word abortion with having a procidure done to terminate a pregnanacy.

I had the impression that it was Cristina and not Elena who had an abortion. Is it true that the pregnancy was announced but that the abortion happened soon after?

No it has definitely been Elena who had a miscarriage. It was very sad actually. THe King and Queen announced Elena's pregnancy during a visit somewhere and were absolutely extatic about it, they looked so incredibly happy. The next day Elena lost the baby she was expecting. :bang: It was really terrible

Here are three more pics from yesterday :) Wonderful hairdo Elena had!

Dukes of Lugo, Infanta Elena and Jaime de Marichalar attended the opening of a exhibition that joins painting by the
Flemish Joachim Patenier at Prado Museum., 07/02/2007

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

Not a fan of the pants, though she somehow manages to carry them off! The Infanta looked lovely though. Thanks iceflower :)

Horrible pants, but I believe she's already worn it before during the time Pope Benedict visited Spain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom