The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 09:32 AM
Gentry

Where exactly is the Balearic Island? What other royal members will be there? For example, is it unusual to have both Prince Felipe and King Juan Carlos are vacation? Or does one have to stay behind to represent Spain? By the way, I love the Cooper Mini. Here in the USA, most people drive SUV's and even though I wanted a Cooper Mini, my husband insists on getting me a Volvo Wagon. Then we have the nerve to complain about gas prices.

Old 07-19-2006, 10:02 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallis
Where exactly is the Balearic Island?
I hope this link helps...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balearic_Islands

Quote:
What other royal members will be there? For example, is it unusual to have both Prince Felipe and King Juan Carlos are vacation?
Grab a cup of orange juice and join us at this thread :)
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...6-a-10280.html

Since the beggining Spanish Royal Family travel to the Island and between Official Meetings, Regatas and Leisure Walks they spend there their Summer Vacations.

Quote:
By the way, I love the Cooper Mini.
Me too. My first car was a Mini and in that time it wasn't so posh to have one but I've always loved that car. Now they improved it and anyone looks really great and posh with one. Don't abdicate your dream - you're going to look great on it .

Regards,
mtbcm :)

Old 07-19-2006, 01:59 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

The vacations in Lanzarote will last until Sunday, according to ABC. Infanta Elena and her family are taking advantage of Iñaki Urdangarín's professional commitments in the island (where he will give a conference about sports and social integration) to share some days of rest with the Barcelonan branch of the family.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...tml#post477647
Old 07-20-2006, 02:49 PM
Gentry

Thank you mtbcm for the information. I appreciate it.
Old 07-21-2006, 06:18 AM
Serene Highness

Dukes of Lugo inaugurated their new house throwing a party to their closest friends.

Here two pictures, from Hola, of some attendants to the party.

Cristina de Borbón Dos-Sicilias with Carolina Herrera and Princes Kardam and Miriam of Bulgaria

(Source: Hola magazine)
Old 07-21-2006, 10:14 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Photos of both the Infantas and their families in Lanzarote may be found here:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f21/infantas-families-vacations-lanzarote-10372.html
Old 07-21-2006, 11:52 AM
Gentry

I love the European ideal of bringing your whole family on vacations. It's nice to see the Infantas vacationing with their cousins and children. By the way, Carolina Herrara looks great in the above picture.
Old 07-27-2006, 06:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

"iHola!: Vote for Infanta Elena as the most elegant woman of this month!!!

http://www.hola.com/club/trajelegante/trajelegantemes/

Old 07-28-2006, 10:36 AM
Heir Apparent

The Dukes of Lugo attended Wednesday 26 of July a funeral mass in Madrid in memory of the count of la torre passed away the past 21 of July

source: telecinco, "Aqui hay tomate"
Old 07-28-2006, 11:59 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanletizia
The Dukes of Lugo attended Wednesday 26 of July a funeral mass in Madrid in memory of the count of la torre passed away the past 21 of July

source: telecinco, "Aqui hay tomate"
Fanletizia,

Who was Count de La Torre?! I thought that was Infanta Pilar eldest son title?! I've been looking for this information and I can't find it... could you help me?!

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Old 07-28-2006, 04:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Juan Gómez-Acebo de Borbón is the Viscount of the Tower (Vizconde de la Torre) so I don't think this is the same person, everybody would have known if he passed away...
Old 07-28-2006, 06:58 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki
Juan Gómez-Acebo de Borbón is the Viscount of the Tower (Vizconde de la Torre) so I don't think this is the same person, everybody would have known if he passed away...
Thank you, crisiñaki, for your reply.

I know that if such tragedy (knoc, knoc, knoc) happened we'd know but for a moment I was so chocked that only my heart was working :o...

I appreciated your detail in replying. Thank you, once again.

Regards,
Old 07-28-2006, 07:01 PM
Heir Apparent

you're welcome mtbcm, for a moment I thought the same as you and were but then I remembered his true title and was able to breathe normally again
if that would have happened, the entire SRF (and probably the GRF as well since they are one big happy bunch) would have been at the funeral; thank God it didn't happen!:o
Old 08-12-2006, 12:01 PM
Royal Highness

The Infanta Elena accepts the presidency of honor of the SIMed and of the International Lounge of the Horse.

The Infanta Elena accepted the presidency of honor of the Real-estate Lounge of the Mediterranean (SIMed) and of the International Lounge of the Horse of Malaga (Equmediterránea), two of the principal events that it(he,she) organizes the Palace of Fairs and Congresses of the of Malaga capital.
With this appointment, both contests achieve the support on the part of the Royal Household towards the promotion of the real-estate sector of the Mediterranean and the equestrian sector of Malaga, reinforcing hereby his(her,your) relevancy and hierarchy worldwide, they reported from the fairground enclosure of the of Malaga capital in a communique.
Likewise, they indicated that the second edition of the International Lounge of the Horse of Malaga will begin next month and will possess(rely on) one of the equestrian spectacles " more important of the region ", the Morphologic Contest and a wide representation of ranching(cattles) of the country, turning this way " in one of the principal events inside the fairground calendar of the cattle sector ". After the success of reception that obtained the fair last year, the Lounge returns to open his(her,your) doors from September 7 to September 10 with the intention of waking up the same interest that in 2005, so much publicly general as in professional visitors, they indicated. For it, have been confirmed an exhibitors' major presence and horses of Pure Spanish Race, as well as a complete offer of activities and spectacles directed the professional and general public.
During four days of duration of the event, the Palace of Fairs and Congresses of Malaga will possess(rely on) two tracks, one in which there will be carried out the Morphologic Contest of Pure Spanish Race (PRE) and destined to the different equestrian spectacles, and other one in which the warm-up will develop to the competition, which has extended and placed steps for this edition.
As last year, PRE's Morphologic Contest will be clasificatorio for the final of the Championship of Spain of Horses and Mares of Pure Spanish Race, and with Equmediterránea, " Malaga tries to turn into the most important clasificatorio before the above mentioned final ", they appeared. Hereby, the ranchers will find in the fair a point of professional meeting in that they are given he(she) mentions a wide selection of the horses that later will take part in the nacional championships of Pure Spanish Race.
The public ones will return to present an equestrian spectacle directed all in the one that will be able to be enjoyed several the disciplines related to the world of the horse, since I roll over Cossak, high school and long reins and cobras of mares.
Equally, Equmediterránea has a zone of stands qualified where the general public will be able to acquire all kinds of products related to the sector, as harness-makings, equine nourishment, laboratories, clubs and equine centers, shops of complements and auxiliary industry.

www.diariotorremolinos.com
Old 09-07-2006, 04:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Infant Elena will preside over the next Saturday the goyesca bullfight of bulls of Round that celebrated its fifty anniversary

http://www.elconfidencial.com/gente/...7/09/2006&pass=
Old 09-07-2006, 07:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanletizia
Infant Elena will preside over the next Saturday the goyesca bullfight of bulls of Round that celebrated its fifty anniversary

http://www.elconfidencial.com/gente/.../09/2006&pass=
Really, I don´t know if it is an act very adapted for the Infanta. It is nice because it is 50 Anniversary of a bullfight with many tradition. The Infanta will be delighted because she likes the bulls. But everything what makes a detour to this act is a bit polemic, the Rivera Ordoñez and their family, are every day in the television, in the " pink" programs, with rumors and polemic matters. The press is more interested in the one who is going to go and who not, that in the act.
Old 09-07-2006, 01:41 PM
Royal Highness

PRINCESS ELENA OF SPAIN TAKING HER CHILDREN TO SCHOOL

LFI

more photos

http://www.lfi.co.uk/dynevent-action...eventid=314265
Old 09-07-2006, 04:09 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica821
Thank you so much for sharing, monica... This is a funny and tender image of three friends... Victoria looks very weel smiling broadly.

Regards,
mtbcm
Old 09-07-2006, 06:07 PM
Courtier

They're so cute and happy. They look like they have so much fun together and that they really love eachother. I love how both sisters actually take their kids to school. Thanks for the great pics monica.
Old 09-07-2006, 06:48 PM
Courtier

Where do they go to school? I know the Urdangarins go to Le Lycee Francais.

Closed Thread