Infanta Elena and Family, Current Events Part 3: September 2005 - January 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LaChicaMadrilena said:
Cristina's young gentelmen go to a privat french school.

Juan, Pablo and Miguel go to the Lycee FranÇais in Barcelona:D

Dukes of Lugo inaugurate the exhibition ´The House of Borbón´ this Thursday

The Valencian Museum of the Illustration and Modernity (Muvim) will welcome from morning Thursday to the 19 March the exhibition "the house of Borbón. Science and Technique in the illustrated Spain ", in which, according to his promoters, it tries "to break with the false topic of little the national contributions to the scientific development".
The sample deals with to gather examples of the scientific contributions made by Spaniards the time in sectors so varied as the medicine, chemistry, astronomy, cartography, nautical, physical or mathematical.

http://www.panorama-actual.es/noticias/not188404.htm

HRH Infanta Doña Elena and Don Jaime de Marichalar

Inauguration of the exhibition "The Illustration and the Borbones: Science and technique in the Spain of XVIII century".

from terra

Attachments

• 720750bec492eg.jpg
    720750bec492eg.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 258
  • 720750bec4419g.jpg
    720750bec4419g.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 334
1.Well, it seems like she's gotten rid of the Braid, my prayers have been answered, this new looks suits her a lot better, she has great hair:)
2. Did you see the portrait that's behind her?; the genetics in that family hasn't changed much, she has the same bone structure and nose of the king in the portrait; years and years of endogamy assured that in the Borbon dynasty

I agree with the above posts, she really does look good with that hairdo. Just the other day I saw a side photo of her and I was thinking she would look so much better with some bulk (high bun or ponytail) in the back of her head instead of her hair being flat. What I love about this pony tail is that it balances out her strong facial features some. I think this is very attractive -- go for it Elena!

I thought the same thing. The ponytail is a more youthful look for her and it does balance her strong features. Perhaps she's been reading our posts??

California Girl said:
I thought the same thing. The ponytail is a more youthful look for her and it does balance her strong features. Perhaps she's been reading our posts??

Or she got a new stylist:D

http://www.lasprovincias.es/valencia/pg060120/prensa/noticias/Ocio/200601/20/VAL-OCI-216.html

The Dukes of Lugo revise in Valencia the history of the science in the epoch of the Borbones

The infanta Elena showed interest for the collection of furniture and the compound microscopes and Jaime de Marichalar, for the portraits of Carlos III and Carlos IV The Dukes of Lugo revised yesterday in Valencia the history of the science in the epoch of the Borbones and the support that this Royal House offered in the XVIIth and XVIIIth century. In the visit to the MuVIM, the infanta Elena showed interest for the collection of furniture and for the microscopes, and Jaime de Marichalar, for the portraits of Carlos III and Carlos IV.

Attachments

• 7392545.jpg
    7392545.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 361
Jaime de Marichalar supervised the restoration works in what will be his family’s home. Dukes of Lugo have been living for ten years in a rent flat located in the most expensive area in Madrid. , 01/19/2006

from newscom

Attachments

• gamma308588.jpg
    gamma308588.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 259
  • gamma308589.jpg
    gamma308589.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 287
yeah.. i noticed that too, Elsa..
Jaime seems to be a typical businessman where he has to be mobile & in-touch everywhere he go. this time with a bluetooth...
i remembered when he went to the athens olympic games, he always have a cellphone's headset on his ear & neck.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo:eek:
Cape Season is back, or as some of us like to call it: Duke Dracula drives Audi
You know what the duke remark stands for, don't you?:D
I understand Madrid is cold in this season of the year, but he's gonna scare the kids with that thing (except his own because they are used to it, I hope); does he even know what is a overcoat?
What's the difference between a cape and a mantle, I'm kind of confused about that

Last edited:
crisiñaki said:
What's the difference between a cape and a mantle, I'm kind of confused about that
They're synonyms I guess. Mantle is a bit more formal word, I believe, but their basically the same. I don’t know why, but if I put things like this, I would say that cape recalls me Superman (and don’t ask me why…), while mantle is more suitable for Dracula…

...well, nevermind:cool:

Jaime Marichalar... out of the cape, but still with the bluetooth ;)

Manolo Blahnik has been named honour member of the Spanish Fashion Creators Asociation, in Madrid, Spain
January 23, 2006
(from newscom)

Attachments

• gamma310313.jpg
    gamma310313.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 237
  • gamma310317.jpg
    gamma310317.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 175
  • gamma310637.jpg
    gamma310637.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:
Jaime has been busy...

Celebs arriving at Christian Dior Spring-Summer 2006 Haute Couture show
Paris, France
January 23, 2006
(from newscom)

Attachments

• gamma309615.jpg
    gamma309615.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 188
  • gamma309973.jpg
    gamma309973.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 198
  • gamma309974.jpg
    gamma309974.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 171
seto said:
What does jaime do for a living?

He works how counselor in several companies, in Winterthur and in the Group of the luxury LVMH (owner of companies how Loewe or Christian Dior)

lula said:
He works how counselor in several companies, in Winterthur and in the Group of the luxury LVMH (owner of companies how Loewe or Christian Dior)

and still he doesn't dress well, the guy is hopeless:(

Schooling

What grades are Froilan and Victoria in? :confused: Do they attend the same school?

ladejesus said:
What grades are Froilan and Victoria in? :confused: Do they attend the same school?
Felipe Froilán is 7 years old and Victoria is 5. I believe this corresponds to a 2nd grade to the boy and kindergarten still for the girl.

jaime in New York making some shops. face to face

Attachments

• 00848809.jpg
    00848809.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 211
  • 00848811.jpg
    00848811.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 163
  • 00848812.jpg
    00848812.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 177
  • 00848813.jpg
    00848813.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 154
  • 00848835.jpg
    00848835.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 211
He has such a large variety:eek: of inyeresting trousers: green trausers, red trausers... I'm really impressed, what can I say...:D:D:D

Those pants are hideous and rather illfitting! I wonder what Jaime bought at Apple;)

purple_platinum said:
i remembered when he went to the athens olympic games, he always have a cellphone's headset on his ear & neck.

I have noticed a headset, too. But he wears it ALL the time -- even in formal situations which has made me wonder if sometimes it isn't a headset but other times it resembles a headset but actually is a monitor for any stroke-like activity. Maybe I'm all wrong on this one, but there are occasions (I wish I could recall exact photos) where I have seen him with that "headset like thing" and where it is clearly inappropriate to be wearing something like that, and that has led me to wonder if it isn't a device that is somehow medically helpful to him. On the other hand, does he have the type of 'individualistic' personality that would make him do what he wants regardless of the situation -- in that case, perhaps it is a headset?

He dresses weird and funny for someone who is in the fashion business.

Everytime I look at him I remember the Santa Claus' elves, the only thing missing is the red-striped shirt and the suspenders;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom