The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 12:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

I have noticed that the Spanish Royal ladies all wear pants to many events, including semi formal evening and church occassions. Is that the current style on the continent or is it just in Spain?

grevinnan

Old 08-22-2005, 01:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

i thinks is normal. The first lady of Portugal also wears pants.

Old 08-22-2005, 03:25 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan
I have noticed that the Spanish Royal ladies all wear pants to many events, including semi formal evening and church occassions. Is that the current style on the continent or is it just in Spain?

grevinnan

I thought pants were often worn by ladies who attend formal events in the entire world and that there was nothing odd about it.

grevinnan, why do you make that question? In which country is that considered to be unusual?

By the way, thanks everyone for the photos.:)
Old 08-22-2005, 04:23 PM
Aristocracy

thanks for all those pics everyone !

lol, i just like the way they match : her purse with his tie in black-white tones :o
Old 08-22-2005, 05:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Response to Isabella

Here in Northern California pants is not as widely used on more dressy or formal occassions. The pants - at least as it appears on the photos - are more of the sporty cut rather than dressy evening. I would not go to church - especially not a funeral - in pants.

My question came from what looked different from what I am used to seeing.

grevinnan
Old 08-22-2005, 05:45 PM
Courtier

In Denmark it is Normal to have pants on to a party. I dont mean jeans but formal pants. Women have the right to choose.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:46 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan
Response to Isabella

Here in Northern California pants is not as widely used on more dressy or formal occassions. The pants - at least as it appears on the photos - are more of the sporty cut rather than dressy evening. I would not go to church - especially not a funeral - in pants.

My question came from what looked different from what I am used to seeing.

grevinnan
Thanks a lot for your response, grevinnan.
I didn't know this until just now.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:52 AM
Nobility

Here an article about the american habits of the Dukes.

(From El Confidencial www.elconfidencial.com)

The chicest thing in New York is to have a dinner with the Dukes of Lugo

By Paloma Barrientos.

For a couple of years, the Dukes of Lugo install themselves, the first part of their holidays, in The Hamptons (USA), the chic zone where the millionaires from New York spend their summer time, they celebrate their house parties and they rest some weekends. It is also Carrie, Miranda, Charlotte and Samantha's (the girls of "Sex in New York") favourite place, and it's also the incomparable frame of the movie ' Something's Gotta Give', where the successful theatrical author Erika Barrie (Diane Keaton) decides to shelter herself.

The Infanta, her husband and their children do something like that. For the Dukes, this place allows them to have a calm life and to forget their obligations as daughter and son-in-law of the King of Spain.

The Infanta rides a horse, while Marichalar is related to the chicest people and he goes shopping to his favourite shops in the Fifth Avenue. They like this place because there they can be (not the Duke) unobservant. There are neither press which can harasses them as in Majorca, nor inaugurations as in Madrid, nor critical commentaries about the clothes of the son-in-law of the King. Besides, Jaime and madame - that's the way the Duke calls her wife when he talks about her - become a "dark object of desire" for the richest people from the zone. As their aristocracy are the Kennedy, the Hilton, the Morgan ..., to sit in the table with an Infanta and to share a picnic with the grandsons of an European monarch represents the best thing for these mega rich people "made in USA". Let's not forget that The Hamptons is the holiday’s frame of the social life which is described in 'La Hoguera de las vanidades' ('The Bonfire of the vanities').

There is an anecdote that reflects faithfully the way of seeing the life of the vacationers of this elitist and very privated place. When the financier JP Morgan died, his colleague Rockefeller read an article in a newspaper. In the obituary there was mentioned that the deceased banker was leaving his inheritors a patrimony of hundred million dollars. After reading the number, Rockefeller commented: "How wrong I was! I always believed that Morgan was a rich man! "

For the rest, when the "period USA" finishes, the family Marichalar-Borbón will be established in Marivent's pavilion, dad Juan Carlos's summer house.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:31 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Thanks, Isabella! Interesting article! :)
Old 09-05-2005, 08:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Infanta Elena has been going to the appointment of the fashion of Madrid

With the presence of infanta Elena, follower for years of the collections of Angel Schlesser, of Esperanza Aguirre, whom she loved again to show the support of the in fashion Spanish Community of Madrid, and of Ana Botella, edition of Cibeles Footbridge began the 42 today, in the Pavilion number 1 of IFEMA.

(...)

http://actualidad.terra.es/sociedad/articulo/elena_madrid_infanta_acude_cita_474580.htm
Old 09-05-2005, 08:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanletizia
Infant Elena has been going to the appointment of the fashion of Madrid

http://actualidad.terra.es/sociedad/...ita_474580.htm
It is curious, is the Fashion Week of Madrid, is habitual that one of the Infantas comes to support the Spanish Fashion, but it are never considered to be how an official act, but it is rather a personal activity. Of that forms so differently there work Royal Houses.
Old 09-05-2005, 03:04 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula
It is curious, is the Fashion Week of Madrid, is habitual that one of the Infantas comes to support the Spanish Fashion, but it are never considered to be how an official act, but it is rather a personal activity. Of that forms so differently there work Royal Houses.
Yes, indeed. The fact the Spanish Royal Family doesn't consider the attendance of fashion shows (similarly to what happened last year with the Olympics) as official duties, while some other royal houses even rely their crown princesses' activities on less more than that kind of things is very illustrative of the different standards that rule each royal house.

And must say this seriousness how the Spanish Royals face their job is one of the thinks I most like about them :)
Old 09-05-2005, 06:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Image from terra
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	71f9e83d970d9g.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	190315  
Old 09-05-2005, 06:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Images from getty
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	54829548.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	190330   Click image for larger version

Name:	54829547.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	190331  
Old 09-06-2005, 12:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa M.
Yes, indeed. The fact the Spanish Royal Family doesn't consider the attendance of fashion shows (similarly to what happened last year with the Olympics) as official duties, while some other royal houses even rely their crown princesses' activities on less more than that kind of things is very illustrative of the different standards that rule each royal house.

And must say this seriousness how the Spanish Royals face their job is one of the thinks I most like about them :)
i couldn't agree more, elsa.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 09-06-2005, 12:59 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa M.

I adore you and I love that comment.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:02 AM
Serene Highness

thanks for the photos everyone! I love Elena's jacket, it really suits her.

I totally agree with what you said Elsa M.
Old 09-06-2005, 06:56 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess BellyFlop
I adore you and I love that comment.
Well, I didn't know I had a fan, but it's good to know that...
Old 09-06-2005, 09:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

she looks lovely in that red and white suit.
Old 09-06-2005, 10:09 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Elena de Borbón at the Cibeles Footbridge.

Photos from ImagineScandinavia:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	190480   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	190481   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.JPG