Infanta Cristina and Family, Current Events Part 12: July 2008 - March 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Infanta Cristina visited the 'Black and White House', a solar home
designed and built by the University of Madrid during the American
Solar Decathlon 2009 competition that was held from 8th to 16th
October. Washington, October 19, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Oh wouldnt it be great to be a princess and be able to take your children to the Children's Version of the Opera.....lovely to see! Little Irene is such a sweet and beautiful child.

Thanks Zonk, for the lovely picture of the Infanta and little Irene. She is certainly a beauty of a child!

lulu, thanks for the link of the family arriving in Barcelona. The boys are getting so big, they looked a little jet lagged. How lucky these children are to be able to travel and live abroad, it is something I hope they will look back upon and be glad they had the chance to do this. I always wanted to live in England as a child.

I bet Queen Sofia is very happy with the arrival of her daughter and family. The children looked jet lagged, but it is a long journey.

Pics 29.10.2009

Chairman of Telefonica International USA and husband of Princess
Cristina de Borbon, Iñaki Urdangarín, delivers his speech during the
presentation of the project "the economical value of the Spanish
language" at the inter-American Bank of Development (BID), in
Washington, United States, 29 October 09

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Chairman of Telefonica International USA and husband of Princess
Cristina de Borbon, Iñaki Urdangarín, delivers his speech during the
presentation of the project "the economical value of the Spanish
language" at the inter-American Bank of Development (BID), in
Washington, United States, 29 October 09

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

I just noticed that the Duke is not wearing his wedding ring :ermm:

Pics 20.11.2009

Infanta Cristina of Spain holds a Vietnamese child at a medical centre
and visits Den Do temple in Bac Ninh province near Hanoi November 20,
2009. The princess is in Vietnam to support a vaccination campaign
sponsored by GAVI Alliance (formerly The Global Alliance for Vaccines
and Immunisation).

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 **

Infanta Cristina of Spain holds a Vietnamese child at a medical centre
and visits Den Do temple in Bac Ninh province near Hanoi November 20,
2009. The princess is in Vietnam to support a vaccination campaign
sponsored by GAVI Alliance (formerly The Global Alliance for Vaccines
and Immunisation).

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 **

Former Irish President,Mary Robinson is with her in the 3rd picture :)

Here's an additional article with pics from hola.

Doña Cristina concluye su viaje humanitario por el sureste asiático

It also talks about the terrible problem of mines that ruin the
development of Cambodia. Most mine accidents occured during
everyday activities such as cultivating, collecting firewood or
moving from one town to another. In many cases, the affected
are children and young people while playing or working in the fields,
so a difficult theme Cristina is faced with..

How wonderful that the Infanta is involved with such a serious theme. As a Mother (and a dedicated one), she must feel deeply for the plight of those poor children.

I spotted Princess Cristina and Princess Elena last night at the Washington Wizards basketball game in Washington last night. I was in the arena and I thought I saw them in person during the game with some kids, but I wasn't sure until this morning when I was watching the local sports news and the basketball reporter mentioned that they'd been there.

They saw a good game. The Wizards lost, but it went into overtime and was tied up to the last second.

I spotted Princess Cristina and Princess Elena last night at the Washington Wizards basketball game in Washington last night. I was in the arena and I thought I saw them in person during the game with some kids, but I wasn't sure until this morning when I was watching the local sports news and the basketball reporter mentioned that they'd been there.

They saw a good game. The Wizards lost, but it went into overtime and was tied up to the last second.
I think it's nice that they are close. I must be a comfort to Elena to have her sister near when she is going through with her divorse and it was probably a great getaway for her to come to Washington.;)

I was very happy to know that the Infantas were together in Washington, along with their brood of lovely children. It´s great to see two sisters who enjoy each others company and also know that their children are close as they are.

She seems to be adjusting and blending well in Washington.

Will the Infanta Cristina & family be returning to Spain for Christmas ?

Will the Infanta Cristina & family be returning to Spain for Christmas ?

In the SRF family thread there are pictures showing Cristina buying a christmas tree, either they do a pre-christmas in the USA and come to Spain close to the day or they will stay in the US alltogether.

My guess is that they will come back to Spain to have a full SRF christmas, given the good relation of the sisters it would be safe to say that Elena and her kids will be joining Cristina and her family, wherever that may be.

It's sort of tradition in the US to set up the Christmas tree right after Thanksgiving (which was Nov. 26th). I would think that they're just setting it up to get into the Christmas spirit since the kids probably won't go on Christmas break until the Friday before Christmas at which point I think they'll probably return to Spain.

:previous: Well, I would rather say they are following the tradition for Catholics to set up the Christmas tree on December 8th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom