Infanta Cristina and Family, Current Events Part 4: December 2005 - March 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
monica821 said:

The Dukes of Palma are concluding the restoration works of their new house. Infanta Cristina and Iñaki Urdangarín plan to move to the new home before the Summer. Although still in works, the house that the Dukes of Palma bought in Pedralbes in October 2004 already has become one of the attractions to tourists that visit the most exclusive district of the city of Barcelona.

The house that belonged to the lawyer Mario Blacksmith was bought by six million euros and now hardly conserves any vestiges of its original structure. The initial budget of 600,000 euros in reforms has gone off and has now surpassed the million euros. The transformation of the house has been total.

From the original house of three floors that the architect Vilallonga built in 1952 only part of the structure was maintained. The eight windows in French style which used to bring light into the main room of the house have now been replaced by an ample window, and the trees, which once protected the facades from the indiscrete glances, have been destroyed.

The original interior has had worse luck, since it was completely demolished. The walls have been demolished with the purpose of obtaining ample spaces and much more light than the original ones. The house has also won surface, since it has been extended to the old garden, for the inhabitable surface now surpasses the 1,200 square meters that it already had.

The property, which counts on an enormous garden, swimming pool and sport zone, occupies an extension of 2,150 square meters and it is placed in the high zone of Barcelona. Given its exceptional characteristics, this space is much more comfortable for a numerous family that the 300 square meters flat where the clan Urdangarín-Borbón lives.

With the sale of this flat, also located in the district of Pedralbes, the family got part of the total price of the new house, which will probably serve to welcome now the other members of the royal family, whenever they visit the Catalan branch.

Last edited:
Elsa M. is someone telling you that your translation are very good ! Congratulations, it's a real pleasure to read you.

adelaide said:
Elsa M. is someone telling you that your translation are very good ! Congratulations, it's a real pleasure to read you.
Your words are all kindness, dear Adelaide... those attempts of mine are not that good actually, but it's the best I can do, so I'm very flattered indeed!:)

Hundreds of friends and relatives dismiss Jesus Rollán

Infanta Cristina and her husband, Iñaki Urdangarín, to which Rollán had presented/displayed in the Games of Atlantá96, attended the religious act that preceded to the incineration. Both gave the condolence to the relatives and conversed minutes with many of the waterpolistas, to which it unites one narrow friendship to them

http://www.elmundo.es/elmundodeporte/2006/03/13/masdeporte/1142261806.html

http://www.as.com/articulo.html?d_date=20060313&xref=20060313dasdasmas_7&type=Tes&anchor=dasmas

Last edited:
Hundreds of friends, between whom were the Dukes of Palm, and the maximum Spanish sport authorities, headed by Jaime Lissavetzsky, Secretary of State for Deporte, attended sepelio of Jesus Rollán, (Madrid, 1969), who was celebrated in the Tanatorio La Paz of Three Songs.

http://www.cityfmradio.com/noticia.asp?idnoticia=3433

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 201
From Hola:

Infanta Cristina and Iñaki Urdangarín attended in the Madrilenian locality of Three Songs the burial of the ex- Olympic waterpolista, Jesus Rollán, deceased Saturday to the 37 years after hurrying to the street from a terrace of the Barcelonian bath of Garriga, in where she took from the month of October in medical treatment. Proclaimed the best doorman of waterpolo of the world after obtaining with the Spanish selection, in Fukuoka 2001, his second world-wide title, Rollán it was outstanding figure in the main successes of the selection as they are the gold medal in the Olympic Games of Atlantá.

palmafuneral19gk.jpg

Last edited:
Iñaki cannot win: if he works then his position as son-in-law gets on the way, if he didn't work then people would start thinking of him as a kept man.:(

is true crisiñaki, I do not see badly that have business

Last edited:
...JuAnItA... said:

Is there a translation for this article? I gather that from the subsequent posts by other members the story is accusing Inaki of shady business dealings?

I thought he worked as a consultant for a sports apparel company? How shady could deals with such a company get? It's not as if he's dealing in insider trading tips or something like that.

Alexandria said:
Is there a translation for this article? I gather that from the subsequent posts by other members the story is accusing Inaki of shady business dealings?

I thought he worked as a consultant for a sports apparel company? How shady could deals with such a company get? It's not as if he's dealing in insider trading tips or something like that.

The point of the article is that supposedly the Balearic Government (where Palma de Mallorca is) is paying Iñaki about 12 millon euro for sports publicity since it's his dukedom and he's a handball legend and people think that behavior is not fitting to a member of the Royal Family (which i don't believe).

Everyone is innocent unless proven the contrary so until then I'll believe in Iñaki:cool:

Is she the one who is rumoured to want to divorce her husband or the really pretty one on cisinakis avatar.

Princejohnny25 said:
Is she the one who is rumoured to want to divorce her husband or the really pretty one on cisinakis avatar.

Is Cristina, the middle child of the Kings and the one in Crisinaki's avatar

Princejohnny25 said:

Yay, I'm famous!!!:D :D :D
The one who supposedly want to divorce Dracula I mean Jaime de marichalar is Infanta Elena, the eldest child of the Kings of Spain even if divorce in catholic monarchies would happen when hell freezes over:rolleyes: :cool:

monica821 said:
From Hola:

Infanta Cristina and Iñaki Urdangarín attended in the Madrilenian locality of Three Songs the burial of the ex- Olympic waterpolista, Jesus Rollán, deceased Saturday to the 37 years after hurrying to the street from a terrace of the Barcelonian bath of Garriga, in where she took from the month of October in medical treatment. Proclaimed the best doorman of waterpolo of the world after obtaining with the Spanish selection, in Fukuoka 2001, his second world-wide title, Rollán it was outstanding figure in the main successes of the selection as they are the gold medal in the Olympic Games of Atlantá.

! Sad this boy's death ¡
He was a personage known , was nice and intimate. And remembered for having donated his medal of gold in a Olympic Games for a charitable act, a real sorrow that was finishing this way.:(

Another article on the Economics Prize, this time from the region:
http://www.elbierzodigital.com/bierzo/?noti=33739

There's another "scandal" new this time about Cristina and the president of Catalunya Jordi Pujol who's said to be exploiting the fact that the Urdangarin de Borbon family lives in Barcelona, I saw the article once but haven't been able to find it again, so if anyone can please post it.

Thanks a lot:)

Beautiful images of a wonderful family. Irene is a sweet, like his brothers.

Thank you so much for these wonderful photos, Monica!
This is a beautiful family! :)

monica821 said:
From Lecturas:

Thank you, Monica.

Great pictures! One can see how Infanta Cristina keeps that figure to die for;) ... What better workout than have your kids out for a walk :D ?!

Irene seems so serene. A true princess :) .

Regards,

mtbc

Thanks for scanning these pics, Monica!:) The family is precious and it was sooo cute to see little Pablo pushing "del cochecito:D"!

"after hurrying to the street from a terrace of the Barcelonian bath of Garriga, in where she took from the month of October in medical treatment."

does this mean their friend fell off a balcony? how awful and so young, they both seem very emotional and sad. I love this happy growing family. thanks for the photos.

The Infanta Cristina will deliver tomorrow the reward to Antonio Pulido

http://actualidad.terra.es/nacional/articulo/infanta_cristina_antonio_pulido_785576.htm

The parlor of acts of the building of Services of the Campus Verganzana of Ponferrada (Lion) will receive tomorrow, from the 12.00 hours, the delivery of the XI Prize of Economy of Castille and Leon, Infanta Cristina in which this year has fallen in the professor of Economy Applied of the Autonomous University of Madrid Antonio Pulido San Román. The act of delivery will be the duty of the Infanta Cristina, that will be accompanied by the president of the Meeting of Castille and Leon, Juan Vicente Blacksmith, and by its husband, Iñaki Urdangarín, among others authorities of the Community.

http://www.icalnews.com/FichaNoticia.cfm?id=90966

1. Thanks Mon for the awesome pics:)
2. If you check the Irene's close-up pic you'll see that she looks like daddy:)
3. The Dukes have such a beautiful family and are excellent parents:)
4. It's great the way they seek comfort from each other, I always see them having any kind of contact : holding hands, kissing and hugging each other or just looking at each other, we all want to have a marriage like theirs:)
5. It seems like the trend of dressing the boys with the same clothes is ending ;) :D
6. I gotta say that Cristina looks very stylish (as always);)

Last edited:
12.00 hours: S. A. R. The Infanta Cristina delivers the prize of Economy of Castille and Lion "Infanta Cristina" to Antonio Pulido San Román, in the Campus of Ponferrada of the University of Lion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom