The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 05:14 PM
Aristocracy

I have a question now juan valentin go to a other school?

Old 09-07-2005, 05:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by meac
I have a question now juan valentin go to a other school?
Last year Juan was going to the same school that Pablo, not if he will have changed, maybe how he is more major simply goes at another hour, or he has to enter another door of the school.

Old 09-07-2005, 05:57 PM
Aristocracy

it can be that. I asked for that the place looks different and the children are bigger than she go to leave pablo and miguel
Old 09-07-2005, 08:33 PM
Nobility

Thanks for the pics.

Oh! Back to school! Poor little boys!
Hehe, just kidding! School is a great place where kids can have fun learning. :)

By the way, here an article about Infanta's next activity as a member of the Spanish Royal Family:

The Infanta Doña Cristina will visit the Center of Recovery of Physical Handicapped people in Salamanca

Her Royal Highness the Infanta Doña Cristina will visit the Centre of Recovery of Physical Handicapped people (CRMF) in Salamanca next Tuesday, a centre which depends on the Department of Work and Social Matters, and which is consolidated as space of reference in management and development of initiatives for applications of the new technologies in the process of rehabilitation and sociolabor integration of people with physical and sensory disability.

Source: ICALNEWS

On the other hand, this is what Iñaki Urdangarín, as member of the jury, have said about Fernando Alonso, winner of the Prince of Asturias Award for Sports 2005:

"We can talk about Fernando Alonso not only as an idol but as a model for children and teenagers who can see how, in a country without a great path in sport driving, a person can crush this wall ".

Source: Diario de Tarragona
Old 09-07-2005, 09:08 PM
Courtier

She is one of my favorite Royal Princesses;
1. Benedikte
2. Cristina
3. Angela
4. Mathilde
5. Astrid of Belgium
6. Alexandra of Berleburg
7. Alexandra of Kent
8. Victoria of Sweden
9. Alexia of Greece
Old 09-12-2005, 10:49 AM
Nobility

Iñaki Urdangarín attended the new TV show "Schwartz and Co".

The assistance of a member of the Spanish Royal Family to a TV show is a very exceptional thing, but we have to bear in mind that the host of "Schwartz and Co", Fernando Schwartz, is a very respected journalist in Spain. He also is a writer (once I read that the Infanta Cristina queued for a long time anonymously to get her book signed) and, in addition, he is married with a King Juan Carlos’s cousin, Sandra Marone.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sfernando_schwartz.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	196926  
Old 09-12-2005, 11:26 AM
Nobility

Hello everyone..Infanta Cristina is my favorite Spanish Royal..I would just like to ask anyone of you why do Spanish Princesses specifically the King's daughters are adressed as "Infanta", same with the male's case "Infante"..why not Principe or Princesa?..and I've notice also that Prince Felipe is adressed as Principe and not Infante?-is that because he's the heir??...If anyone of you would clarify this,I would highly appreciate it..and thank you very much..Gracias...

Old 09-12-2005, 11:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahoogie
Hello everyone..Infanta Cristina is my favorite Spanish Royal..I would just like to ask anyone of you why do Spanish Princesses specifically the King's daughters are adressed as "Infanta", same with the male's case "Infante"..why not Principe or Princesa?..and I've notice also that Prince Felipe is adressed as Principe and not Infante?-is that because he's the heir??...If anyone of you would clarify this,I would highly appreciate it..and thank you very much..Gracias...
In Spain prince or princess it is only the heir to the throne, the rest of children of the Kings is infantes or infantas. They are treatments that have been used for centuries. I imagine that it is for differentiating the heir who is Prince of Asturias.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:59 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Mahoogie, perhaps you could take a look at this thread:
Meaning of Infante/a and Who Gets to Use It
Old 09-13-2005, 09:44 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa M.
Mahoogie, perhaps you could take a look at this thread:
Meaning of Infante/a and Who Gets to Use It
I'll take a look at it Elsa M. Thanks a lot! :)

Old 09-13-2005, 12:41 PM
Nobility

Smile

hola.com

Infanta Cristina, accompanied by the minister José Caldera, visited a centre for handicapped people in Salamanca.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

photo from terra.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	71f9eb386f375g.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	197227   Click image for larger version

Name:	71f9eb386a54fg.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	197256  
Old 09-14-2005, 09:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

http://www.elsemanaldigital.com/arti...articulo=37778

Urdangarín, after the candidacy of Coghen to the Olympian Spanish Committee

Elsemanaldigital.com

The dispute for the Presidency of the Olympian Spanish Committee has become inflamed: a candidate of the sector who has always dominated this organ, opposite to a man of the sport.
On September 14, 2005. Next September 29 the elections will be celebrated to choose the president of the Olympian Spanish Committee, charge that at present José Maria Echevarría occupies.
Two candidates aspire to replace him. On the one hand, the president of the Federation of Judo and of the Confederacy of Sports Federations, Alejandro Blanco, who is provided with 22 guarantees and the support of the sports world, as the connoisseurs of the process count.
Face, Mercedes Coghen, an ancient player of hockey, to whom it endorses the aristocratic sector that traditionally has controlled this committee. Between his supports there appears the husband of Infanta Mrs Cristina, Don Iñaki Urdangarín, vice-president of the COE in the last years. Pero Coghen also has I dress well of the number two of the Top Council of Sports, Rafael Blanco. His chief, Jaime Lissavetzky, is, at least seemingly, impartial.
Rafael Blanco, nevertheless, not only has chosen for one of the applicants, but it is doing campaign. And it has no hair in the language to label to ex-judoka of " candidate of the PP ".
Old 09-15-2005, 07:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

http://www.levante-emv.com/secciones...&pIdSeccion=19

Urdangarín invites the directors to participate in the project "Summit"

Levante-EMV, Valencia

The vice-president of the Spanish Olympic Committee and husband of infant Cristina, Iñaki Urdangarín, met yesterday with the directors of the Universitat de València, Francisco Tomás, and with the one of the Polytechnical University, Juan Juliá.

Urdangarín, like president of the Institut Nóos, invited the directors to participate in the project "Valencia Summit". The meeting, in the seat of the Universitat, also they attended the councilman of the City council Juan academic Eduardo Santón, and other positions.

Valencia Summit is an international encounter in the university, enterprise scope and of public management, promoted by the City council and the Generalitat to debate sport events like opportunities for the development of the large cities.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

http://www.marca.es/edicion/marca/ot...lo/559667.html

Iñaki Urdangarín leaves Spanish Olimpic Comite (COE)

By GERALD RIQUELME · Madrid
Iñaki Urdangarín will let belong to the assembly of Comite' Spanish Oli'mpico (COE) in October, when the new president takes possession from the organism that governs the Olympic sport of this country, that will leave the voting of the 29 of September. The present vice-president first, the man who appeared in a beginning in all quinielas to be the successor of Jose Maria Echevarría to the front of the COE, will lose his condition of member when not appearing both in no of the positions chosen by candidates, although both maintained contacts with him to know which was going to be its position. "Now I will remain in the firing chamber", says Urdangarín, "but being always pending of the sport and ready to collaborate in all whatever it is requested to me is the task that is".

Urdangarín was chosen member of the COE the 4 of April of 2001, reason why its condition of member by election, valid for four years, already expired, and in January of 2004 it acceded to the vice-president position first, to proposal of Echevarría. "In the elections I have preferred to maintain me to the margin", confesses Urdangarín. "and until there is not a winner, I will hope. Soon, if he wants to have me, I will be enchanted to help them. Or for an precise, concrete subject, or to develop the activity that they consider ". That one would be, indeed, the only route possible to stay in the assembly del building of Arequipa, that the chosen president, or ten companies of the assembly, proposes to Urdangarín like member del Spanish Olympic Committee, something that, like minimum, will not be able to happen until March del next year, when the following meeting is held.

Good syntony with both
Urdangarín has maintained a good syntony with both candidates to the presidency Alexander Blanco and Mercedes Coghen, who have proposed to Luis Maria Cazorla and Jesus Guerrero, like substitutes of the Duke of Palm in the position of vice-president first of the COE, reason why its return to the sport organism would not have to involve many problems. "Everything what is to help the Spanish sport I likes", says to the ex- player of handball, a declaration that opens the doors so that the successor of Echevarría continues telling on Urdangarín, that next to Manel Estiarte they both seem more solid values to promote in the HAMMOCK being seen the requirements that protest in Lausana.
Old 09-15-2005, 12:37 PM
Nobility

Rchainho, thanks a lot for the latest pics and articles.
:)
Old 09-19-2005, 02:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

http://www.elconfidencial.com/gente/...9/09/2005&pass=

Infanta Cristina looks tata
Paloma for Barrientos
On Monday, September 19, 2005

The dukes of Palm have remained without tata. This way, since they hear it; rather, since they read it. The real marriage had three girls of service. Two day pupils, one of tomorrow and other one for the evening, more a favorite. This is the one that has left the domicile Urdangarín-Borbón.
I do not know the requisites to be employed at house of Infanta Cristina, but I am for presenting the résumé. I like the children. I cook requetebién Mediterranean recipes and confectioner's, especially the cake of apple, the brownie and the fairy cakes, which of spongy that go out even listen to the burbujitas. The regular plate, but since the children are always dressed of ‘ wrinkle is beautiful ’ and big heights my incapability would not be evident. Even if I put myself, I am capable of doing him the most worth Italian bun to the Infanta and, if it is necessary, to tack the word of honor. In end, which I offer myself. In end, which I offer myself. My only snag is that not if it would be capable of pretending when the tita will come Mrs Letizia to see the children. Since it scolded me (to see My misunderstanding with the journalist Letizia) I am of him afraid than to the cloudy one. I am afraid that a palmetazo would happen if to the flowerpot of aloe he was lacking edge it waters down.
When they told me that up to the daughter of a reigning king - another thing would be in the exile - it had domestic problems I remained with the mouth more open than Daniela Cicarelli when he smiles. Certainly, her ex-of Ronaldo it will parade on Wednesday in the footbridge Gaudí. Almost equal of impressed or more on having seen the duke of Palm in the newly inaugurated television Balearic islander (IB3) answering to the questions of the journalist and writer Fernando Schwartz. Neither a fantastic interview for which Iñaki Urdangarín requested previous not even questionnaire, nor programme of the chat. There was a lunch with the writer and with the managers of The World Television (producer of the Schwartz*Co) in the restaurant Flanigan and nothing more. The interview was realized in ‘ falsely directly ’ two hours earlier. It was not an imposition, but technical questions. It overcame the proof of changing a nappy in thirty seconds, told that sometimes it does the dinner by means of omelettes and told that the Infanta wanted to return to his work in The Caixa as soon as possible. It does not surprise me professional longs for that one if the alternative is to spend the vacuum cleaner.
For my taste, the critique came when he told that it was “ that to fit to the script ” and through that the Infanta and he were living of his work. That thing about to be a son-in-law and daughter of the king of Spain is not to fit to any script, but to expire with obligations because that's why they have many privileges. As for the professional topic, to gain access to managing positions (COI), to be an owner of societies (the Infanta and Urdangarín are proprietors of a company of sports events as figure like that documented in the book The solitude of the King) and adviser of some others it is for being a son-in-law and not for his professional and sports trajectory.
Impeccable, but equal to that of hundreds of ordinary Spanyards who are not married with an Infanta. For the rest, the image that it gave was that of a good type.
Continuing with the topic sons-in-law, there is certain mosqueo on the part of some designers with the duke of Lugo. It turns out that it was in New York adorning the collection of Carolina Herrera and here, in Cibeles, either the hair, or the phasmina did not even see him. It did not also remain to support the parade of Custo. It seems that he was in the hurry to return to preside at an intimate dinner of 35 persons in the shop Vuitton, much next to his domicile. Everything is for giving polish and sheen to the quarter.
Old 09-19-2005, 02:29 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchainho
The dukes of Palm have remained without tata.
Just a note to enlighten this odd translation:
"tata" is meant "nanny"... Infanta Cristina is looking for a new nanny for the children...
Old 09-20-2005, 09:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

thanks elsa. :) I forgot to say that in the translation.
Old 09-24-2005, 12:08 PM
Nobility

Some news...

Hello everybody! Now that my holidays are unlucky finished I can visit this site only the weekends, but well, here I am with some (awful) news about Infanta Cristina and Iñaki Urdangarín.

Pedro Serra, president of “Grupo Serra” has called Iñaki Urdangarín “passing reality show’s star” because of his participation in a TV Show some weeks ago. These are some of the unfortunate things he said about Iñaki:
(Source: El Mundo-El día.com)
-“When had a man of his position contributed with a coarse program?
-“This King’s son-in-law has said that his wife, his four children and him, make a simple, normal family in which the father and the mother are forced to work, because a numerous family is difficult to sustain”.
- About Iñaki’s humorous test, in which he had to change a baby doll’s diapers: “Undoubtedly, Urdangarín offered to do the demonstration in public, and that’s a backward step”.

On the other hand, Pedro Flaqué, who is the director of “Barcelona Fashion Week”, has showed his disappointment because of the fact that Infanta Cristina has never attended a Gaudí’s catwalk, “although she lives in the Catalan capital”.
(Source: El Semanal Digital)