Infanta Cristina and Family, Current Events Part 2: April - August 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lucys said:
She's looking wonderful for a woman you gave birth two weeks ago and just turned 40. A delightful family.

Hi everyone, I'm a new member. I had been reading the forum for a few months and I decided to become a member because I wanted to be able to share my feelings concerning the european royal families with the members of TRF.

I agree, cristina looks smashing for someone who gave birth not long ago and her kids are all very beautiful.

BTW I'm french.

Sorry that I've posted that pics again, but I can't see the pics marezdote posts. Are they posted via Image Shack? Because I think that I can't see any pics posted via Image Shack.

Florence said:
Hi everyone, I'm a new member.
Welcome, Florence!
Have a nice time around here!:)

Elsa M. said:
Welcome, Florence!
Have a nice time around here!:)

Thanks Elsa M. I'm really happy to be a member of this forum. :)

Great! First "public" scroll of little Irene! Her mummy looks really beautiful!

tbhrc said:
Caption:
BARCELONA Spain 23_06_2005
Princess Cristina of Spain and her family out in the city of Barcelona
http://noticias.hispavista.com/corazon/20050624111940/Los-duques-de-Palma-acuden-al-colegio-de-sus-hijos-para-hablar-con-sus-profesoras/

Infanta Cristina and Iñaki Urdangarín went last Thursday morning to the school of their eldest children, Juan Valentín and Pablo Nicolás. At the French Grammar School, they chatted with the tutors of the children, who explained the progresses made by the boys during this school year.

The Dukes of Palma were accompanied by little Miguel, who will leave the nursery school, to begin with his classes at the grammar school. His parents wanted the boy to become familiar with the new school and the teachers who will teach him from September on.

Last edited:
titles?

what are the official titles of the little "princes" i guess i really don't know what they are called, i know that in spain they are refered to by first name etc. and that even Crown Prince Felipe, and Princess Letizia are refered to alot by first name basis. Does this have something to do with the "relaxed "atmosphere pervaded by the Royal Family or in Spain has it just not been as important. I know about all of Felipes titles such as Todos los Santos Prinicipe de Sicily .. and all that etc., and Duques de Lugo etc. but what about the children besided being Juan Pablo, Miguel, etc. And do the Infanta's family's have bodyguards? you allways see them walking amongst their people or down the street but never any bodyguards which you might think would be a necessity considering the heightened levels of terrorism, and the even the ETA. Maybe the bodyguards of these families stay out of sight to ensure no "pretentious appearances?". But even then you would think their would be security for this family she is the daughter of a King and these are the King's grandchildren. Just asking .... Thanks! :)

BaylorBear06 said:
what are the official titles of the little "princes" what about the children besided being Juan Pablo, Miguel, etc.

They are known as "Grandes de España", something like "Great of Spain" and have treatment of Excelencia (Excellence).

BaylorBear06 said:
And do the Infanta's family's have bodyguards? you allways see them walking amongst their people or down the street but never any bodyguards which you might think would be a necessity considering the heightened levels of terrorism, and the even the ETA. Maybe the bodyguards of these families stay out of sight to ensure no "pretentious appearances?". But even then you would think their would be security for this family she is the daughter of a King and these are the King's grandchildren. Just asking .... Thanks! :)

Yes, I guess they do, although they probably, as you've said yourself, "work in the shadows" as I don't recall ever seeing the infantas or their families accompanied by them.

No, she's just Irene Urdanganrín y de Borbón.

Larzen said:
Queen Sofia Particiapate in the traditional end of the year party at her grandchildrens school in Barcelona:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=230386&postcount=92

The children are adorable, and smiling, usually they are quite serious, Infanta Cristina looks great and happy, and the usually elegant Queen is wearing something God awfull that makes me quite dizzy

They btw have sooo many pictures of Cristina and her family, it would be nice if they was left a little more alone

Oh, the boys are so lovely! I can't say who is the cuttes one! Miguel was lovely in costume. And Queen Sofia seems to adore her grandchildren. And who doesn't? :)

this baby is irene? the photo is fron all things royal

Attachments

• irene5.JPG
    irene5.JPG
    8.9 KB · Views: 406
Spanish Royal Family give a great deal to family values!!! They were very closer and caring people!! Queen Sofia is a grandmother like other...she´s very sensible and sweet person! I admire this family for that...they have strong ties of love and friendship.

corazon said:
this baby is irene? the photo is fron all things royal

No, that's Felicia, the daughter of Prince Maurits and Princess Màrilene of the Netherlands. She's born on 31 may 2005

ok, thanks so much for you enswer

tbhrc said:
Caption:
Copyright Imagine 2005/BCN/KORPA 20009
BARCELONA Spain 23_06_2005
Princess Cristina of Spain and her family out in the city of Barcelona

How did you do to view any images of that page?:confused:

I can´t see them...!!!!!:(

Please help me!

marezdote said:
From Imagine Scandinavia

http://www.diezminutos.wanadoo.es/carticulos/87653.html

Infanta Cristina caught her eldest children at the club of tennis, while calmly strolling with her daughter Irene, who will be baptized on July 14th. Cristina was then pushing the baby pram of Irene, a small pram that is now very fashionable among celebrities worldwide.

Actresses and models, like Gwyneth Patrow, Heidi Klum and Kate Hudson also take a walk with their babies, pushing the "Bugaboo", which incorporates the most modern technology. It has revolving wheels with adjustable suspension, reversible handlebars, all-terrain back wheels and seat with three different positions… for the low price of 679 €.

pics taken september 2001

Attachments

• zumaphotos105824.jpg
    zumaphotos105824.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 238
  • zumaphotos105825.jpg
    zumaphotos105825.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 222
  • zumaphotos105826.jpg
    zumaphotos105826.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 205
  • zumaphotos105827.jpg
    zumaphotos105827.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 219
fiesta de fin de curso (school party)

Photos from starface:

Attachments

• as.JPG
    as.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 276
  • as1.JPG
    as1.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 239
  • as22.JPG
    as22.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 221
Last edited by a moderator:
Inaki today at the third day of the IOC session in Singapore. It's during a press conference.

Attachments

• 53196447.jpg
    53196447.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 183
Another picture of Inaki in Singapore. From Getty.

Attachments

• 53195844.jpg
    53195844.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 147
old pics of cristina and inaki from starface.

Attachments

• cristina_praia.JPG
    cristina_praia.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 298
  • cristina_praia3.JPG
    cristina_praia3.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 231
  • cristina_praia2.JPG
    cristina_praia2.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 255
  • cristina_praia1.JPG
    cristina_praia1.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 248
  • cristinasofia_atenas.JPG
    cristinasofia_atenas.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 248
  • cristinasofia_atenas1.JPG
    cristinasofia_atenas1.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 204
  • cristinasofia_atenas2.JPG
    cristinasofia_atenas2.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 267
  • inaki_chamaolimpica.JPG
    inaki_chamaolimpica.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 225
  • infantas_atenas.JPG
    infantas_atenas.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 240
  • cristinaabeber.JPG
    cristinaabeber.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 193
Thanks for the pics rchainho! ;)

And I love the photo that Sue posted, Iñaki looks completely handsome in it! :eek: :p

Here and article from El Mundo Deportivo:

Urdangarín: " The sensation of sadness has destroyed us " " It is a disappointment, but not a fail because we have had the opportunity to be in an impressive race "

The vice-president of the Olympic Spanish Committee, Iñaki Urdangarín, summarized briefly the deep disappointment that the good-bye to the Olympic dream of the candidacy of Madrid 2012 caused. " The sensation of sadness has destroyed us ". After the words of Jacques Rogge, president of the COI, he confessed that there was " a big silence". "It demonstrates surprise and disappointment, but not a fail because we have had the opportunity to be in an impressive race".

" We have demonstrated that we are in the highest level, and that we are satisfied of having arrive here. Now we have to get up and return walking to the pace that the institutions decide. It is necessary to know which is the scrutiny of votes to know which have been our real options and to know which is our following step. We will see the sadness and disappointment re-done to continue fighting for this project. We have years to prepare candidacies and to convince the members of the COI that the Games are possible in Madrid ", he added.

Ex-waterpolista Manuel Estiarte catalogued of exploit that Madrid has aspired to organize the Games of 2012. Estiarte, Olympic champion in Atlanta and subchampion in Barcelona, admits that " there were a lot of illusions" in a project that was "great and in which we did all the things good", and because of it he congratulated his persons in charge.

Inaki in Singapore taken by me

Hi,

Here is a picture of Inaki that I took at the IOC meeting last wednesday.

Attachments

• 1Inaki Urdagarin.jpg
    1Inaki Urdagarin.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 206
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom