The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 05:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carminha Stalker View Post
I have read many times people complaining about Letizia excluding her daughters from their cousins. And I rarely saw any photos of them (the children) together, except for occasions like Easter or Juan and Pablo´s first communion. Maybe I´m wrong and all those people are as well.This is the impression I get.
As for Iñaki, if he has done wrong, he has to pay his price.
If the relation between Cristina and her brother had turned cold for whatever reasons, then their children didn't play together much, isn't it just logical ? Why always Letizia ? It could be the infantas who excuded their kids from playing with their cousins (little infantas) ? Although I think neither case had much truth.

Old 05-05-2010, 05:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Carminha, the princess is always blame for everything. Leonor and Sofia are Infantas, the decisions about them, to where they can or cannot go do not belong only to their mother. There is a father, a Royal House and an equipment of safety that also have opinion.

If it was true what you say, how this is explained. Cristina de Borbón Dos Sicilias, is a good friend of the Infantas, her husband is the godfather of Irene, practically she is like a third sister. Curiously, it is habitual enough to see her and her children, specially to Pedro, with the Princess and her daughters. In Christmas they were together in a Disney's spectacle and in the Kings parade.

Old 05-05-2010, 05:44 PM
Heir Apparent

After all I'm little bit confuse. Maybe I should post in other thread.
Can anyone explaine me when these "problems" between Cristina and Letizia start?
Who start it? She said something about his sister-in-law in any interview or something like this?
Or it base only on photos or videos?
How they children can play together if they live in different places? Besides there is difference in age between the children.
Old 05-06-2010, 04:19 AM
Nobility

Ever since Letizia walked into this family the problems started.

How disgusting.
Old 05-06-2010, 04:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaniaRocks View Post

How disgusting.
Problems existed always, like in any family, which happens is that in the past the press was more discreet and was covering them more. Though if one was searching in the press of the past would find many things. It is necessary to have better memory, and not think that the Spanish Royal Family began with Letizia.
Old 05-06-2010, 04:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

How disgusting.
Letizia should be responsible for Elena's divorce, marital crisis of Cristina and Inaki or Inaki's business greeds ? Sure she is also responsible for Haiti's earthquake and Spain's current 20% unemployment rate .
Come on, the SRF has always been a mess with the ongoing marital problems of JC and Sofia, Elena and Jaime even before Letizia. But I understand your frustration of seeing the bubble bursted on your 'perfect' couple now.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:09 AM
Nobility

Quote:

How disgusting.
I think that if Letizia had such a responibility in the problems of the SRF, her relationship with Queen Sofia wouldn't be as good as it is ! So don't put he blame on her please.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:46 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:

How disgusting.
That's quite unfair .
Old 05-06-2010, 07:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Really unfair, such things happen unfortunately in all the families
Old 05-06-2010, 07:29 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:

How disgusting.
Disgusting? No, ridiculous, unfair and untrue. Letizia is obviously a good wife to Felipe, a loving mother and a professional princess. She should (and I bet she is) be appreciated by the Royal Family. And even if the Infantas had a problem with Letizia, why would it be Letizia`s fault?
Old 05-06-2010, 07:50 AM
Nobility

I think these reviews are created by journalists, I believe that the Royal family are all united and they love the princess Letizia.The Queen Sofia is very close to Princess Letizia and I see them good .. .I think this is the work of certain journalists who want to criticize the monarchy and do not know how they do it and they believe that with these rumors have something to talk about ..
Old 05-06-2010, 08:02 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRIS1983 View Post
I think these reviews are created by journalists, I believe that the Royal family are all united and they love the princess Letizia.The Queen Sofia is very close to Princess Letizia and I see them good .. .I think this is the work of certain journalists who want to criticize the monarchy and do not know how they do it and they believe that with these rumors have something to talk about ..
It will be someone else's turn next week

I hope the media get bored with this story as I am,.
Its the children I feel sorry for,the media don't seem to care about the damage they most be inflicting on the Palma Family
Old 05-06-2010, 08:09 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Exclamation

It is enough, please be back on topic. Of Course Princess Letizia isn't responsible of all problems in the Spanish Royal family. Also note that rumors about a possible marriage crisis of Infanta Cristina and Iñaki Urdangarin are just pure speculations and it should be taken as that, rumors without any official sources.

Old 05-06-2010, 09:20 AM
Serene Highness

Ufff, thank you, Paty.
You are right, nothing is confirmed, but just have a look at the recent separation from madeleine and Jonas, the press made it public weeks (if not months) before the final end.

So I am interested, what will be their next steps now: the Palmas could do the next activities together to show ("proof"), that the rumors are completely untrue..... or simply ignore the rumors .... but if they then are continuing going to various events without the partner (and even refuse to wear the wedding band) the gossip will dramatically increase...
Bye Bine
Old 05-06-2010, 09:27 AM
Courtier

Even if they appear together the rumours won't disappear, everyone remembers that Elena and her then husband did go together to get their children at school, and they even kissed in front of the press. So imo they are going to ignore it, and we will have to wait and see.

But if the press has started to talk about we already know how is going to end
Old 05-06-2010, 10:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

They live between two continents, the problem of the distance and the trips it is going to be kept. Iñaki has a work and they have four little children who go to school. So the things will be the same.

According to some information the Infanta will return to Spain next week to be present at an act of the Day of the Red Cross. Tomorrow we will see if it is confirmed officially in the agenda.

Cuatrocientas personas acudirán al acto institucional de Cruz Roja - La Tribuna de Toledo Digital
La infanta Cristina presidirá en Toledo el Día Mundial de la Cruz Roja - Toledo - Toledo - ABC.es
Old 05-06-2010, 09:29 PM
Courtier

In one of the photos at Samaranch´s funeral it´s clear to be seen that Cristina wears her wedding ring.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:24 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Very surprised to read through this thread - how can people seriously believe that there is any connection between Cristina's problems and Letizia. As stated before, mainly by lula, the Infantas have known their positions from the day they were born and I never had the impression that one of them became unhappy with all the lifelong priviliges that go along with being the King's daughter while having to do very little to earn them. It was always clear that Felipe would marry some day and that the focus would shift. Not a bad thing, really.

While I believe that Cristina and Letizia stopped getting along well along the way, it is likely on a personal level what happens in many families. As I said, Cristina is the King's daughter, nothing to worry about with her father showing public affection towards her, something Letizia is missing out on.

I believe Cristina went to the US because of Inakis business, nothing else, to give him a chance to work. He is in a bad position in Spain, and the King obviously agreed. A fallout between Letizia and Cristina because of Inaki's business, as was suggested along this thread, is very unlikely because Letizia (or Felipe) do not have the slightest say in this matter, its all down to the King.

There is the saying that where there is smoke there is fire but I do hope not in this case. It would be a shame seeing this marriage fall apart.

The King and Queen were best examples for their children to pull through a dysfunctional marriage for the greater good, no real need for the Infantas to follow suit, the only person where the real stuff is at stake is Felipe and I would not except a divorce for him in a million years, no matter what the state of the marriage to Letizia will become in decades to come.
Old 05-07-2010, 08:56 AM
Royal Highness

Let´s all wish that IF there are problems in Cristina´s marriage, they will be solved. IF NOT, may the Press leave them be. I love this couple/family very much and I hope for all their sakes that it´s nothing but idle gossip.
In no time did I think that these problems were created by Letizia. It´s an absurd idea, to start with.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Very surprised to read through this thread - how can people seriously believe that there is any connection between Cristina's problems and Letizia. As stated before, mainly by lula, the Infantas have known their positions from the day they were born and I never had the impression that one of them became unhappy with all the lifelong priviliges that go along with being the King's daughter while having to do very little to earn them. It was always clear that Felipe would marry some day and that the focus would shift. Not a bad thing, really.
As one poster had already been saying, it's easy to say it in theory, however when it really happens, it's really like taking away the things you really love and are very much accustomed to. I don't think Elena had much an issue. She was always being said to be the least ambitious member in the family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post

I believe Cristina went to the US because of Inakis business, nothing else, to give him a chance to work. He is in a bad position in Spain, and the King obviously agreed. A fallout between Letizia and Cristina because of Inaki's business, as was suggested along this thread, is very unlikely because Letizia (or Felipe) do not have the slightest say in this matter, its all down to the King.
I don't think Letizia had anything to do with Zarzuela's decision on removing Inaki's business, she doesn't have much voice there IMO. My point was that the previously close relationship between Cristina and Felipe had turned cold, why didn't people ask 'why' ? The press has only been interested at the 'wars' between women, those trivial gossips said by them likely wouldn't have caused a close relationship between brother and sister turning cold (I have a brother myself too).
I know the final decision was definitely from JC to remove Inaki's business in Spain, however Cristina could be disappointed if her brother hadn't supported Inaki along the way IMO. Now more people can see it was a wise decision, but at that time, not everyone involved could think rationally, Inaki was said to be extremely angry about the decision in the book written by JC's friend collecting 16 letters written by JC to Felipe when he was studying at Georgetown.

Closed Thread

Tags
cristina, iñaki urdangarín, infanta cristina, irene urdangarín, juan urdangarín, miguel urdangarin, pablo urdangarín