Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 54: February - September 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don`t care if they were invited right at the beginning or later, important is that they are going to attend. The recent visit of Charles and Camilla showed that the families have friendly relations, so I`m not surprised that Charles - or the BRF in general - wants the Princes at the wedding and that the Princes accepted.

I dont believe that F&L will enjoy going
I seriously doubt that you know what the Princes do and don`t enjoy :whistling:

what is your very own interpretation...
the so called "mis-information" or "mis-interpretation" is highly subjective and goes both ways since every poster will and has the right to draw own conclusion from pictures or footage or articles which is fine and there is no need to tell somebody what - supposedly - is right or what is wrong :)

Amen, Duke!

Does any one know the protocol of entertaining a Sheikh?
Would it be offensive to host a dinner while wearing a shoulderless evening gown where a Sheikh and Sheikha were attending as special guests?

The Sheikhs and Sheikhas are covered from head to toe.
Is the host at liberty to wear whatever they would normally wear,
given that it is a dinner in their own country?
Or is it polite to dress in a way where the guests feel comfortable?
What would the visitors normally expect? Does any one know?

This question is influenced by the recent pictures of visit of a Sheikh and Sheikha to Spain. The Spanish royal family, I see, are dressed modestly
- except for Letizia - in a gorgeous shoulderless navy gown.

Last edited:
Does any one know the protocol of entertaining a Sheikh?
Would it be offensive to host a dinner while wearing a shoulderless evening gown where a Sheikh and Sheikha were attending as special guests?

The Sheikhs and Sheikhas are covered from head to toe.
Is the host at liberty to wear whatever they would normally wear,
given that it is a dinner in their own country?
Or is it polite to dress in a way where the guests feel comfortable?
What would the visitors normally expect? Does any one know?

This question is influenced by the recent pictures of visit of a Sheikh and Sheikha to Spain. The Spanish royal family, I see, are dressed modestly
- except for Letizia - in a gorgeous shoulderless navy gown.

Carla Bruni had this dress at the state visit of the emir to France:
mujerhoy

I wonder have the Prince & Princess arrived in Rome?

Letizia looks beautiful!

She looks good, so fresh. Maybe a different make-up?

Henri, Grand Duke of Luxembourg and Maria Teresa, Grand Duchess of Luxembourg greet Spain's Prince Felipe and his wife Letizia Ortiz upon arrival for the beatification ceremony of late pope John Paul II

It seems like an insult to Prince Felipe to refer to Letizia as ...his wife Letizia Ortiz. Or am I missing something of the Spanish way of referring to royals?

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems like an insult to Prince Felipe to refer to Letizia as ...his wife Letizia Ortiz. Or am I missing something of the Spanish way of referring to royals?
Well, her name is still Letizia Ortiz de Borbon. In Spain women use their "first surnames" (paternal surnames) also after they got married. There's nothing wrong with calling her Letizia Ortiz, for she still is Letizia Ortiz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, her name is still Letizia Ortiz de Borbon. In Spain women use their "first surnames" (paternal surnames) also after they got married. There's nothing wrong with calling her Letizia Ortiz, for she still is Letizia Ortiz.

Actually Spanish women keep BOTH their paternal and maternal surnames, they don't adopt any of her husband's surnames. So she's still Letizia Ortiz Rocasolano. And her eldest daughter's surnames are "de Borbón y Ortiz".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom