The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2004, 11:01 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel
The web site were i read it is www.confidencialdigital.com (not confidential digital as I wrote in my first email).

In any case, this is the only place where I've read this information. Hopefully it is not true as I think it is not a wise thing to do.
The woman who wrote that is a gossip columnists, so who knows if it's true or not--only time will tell. The only party related stuff I've read about in news sources is that they threw a "thank-you" reception for the people of the Zarzuela staff, the National Patrimony staff and the Royal Guard who partcipated in the planning and organization of their wedding; I also read that they plan to celebrate her birthday tomorrow quietly at home with family. But that's all I've read.

http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2004/0...095163288.html

Old 09-14-2004, 02:41 PM
Heir Apparent

el confidencial digital is not a very reliable source of information. however, i've also read that in other (more serious) papers. they were planning to do something like that.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 09-15-2004, 09:52 PM
Royal Highness

I can't recall if this picture was posted but I really like this picture. They both seem so natural and relaxed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ppe.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	41036  
Old 09-15-2004, 11:45 PM
Nobility

The following pics are from the official Casa Real website. I like Letizia's simple and classic style. She plays it safe but looks very stylish nonetheless:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	domin13g.jpeg
Views:	318
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	41076   Click image for larger version

Name:	mexic47g.jpeg
Views:	313
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	41077   Click image for larger version

Name:	domin18g.jpeg
Views:	283
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	41078  
Old 09-16-2004, 12:12 AM
Commoner

Thumbs up

Thanks Balqis for posting those pics..
=====
I always find Letizia elegant whether in formal or in casual.....she does not just jump from one style to another and trying to find her way.....I think she is clear about what she wants and has a great sense of style..
Old 09-16-2004, 09:46 AM
Courtier

I just read that the trip to the USA is on October 3, but it didn't say for how many days. Their activities will be cultural, and they will visit New Mexico, Washington and New York City.

I also read--from a less reliable source--that they are in the midst of planning official visits to the different Autonomous Regions in Spain.
Old 09-16-2004, 01:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balqis
The following pics are from the official Casa Real website. I like Letizia's simple and classic style. She plays it safe but looks very stylish nonetheless:
the best royal families are dull and the Spanish Royals know this as no others. (I think I like the Spanish most of all, except when they visit bull fights)
Old 09-17-2004, 02:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Talking about what someone have already said, the Spanish Royal Family is really down to earth. I think that they're close to their subjects and it's difficult to see (please correct me if I'm wrong) the other royal families acting so relaxed near their grandchildren.

Froilán, Victoria, Juan, Pablo and Miguel seem so normal (who can forget Froilán's behavior at Felipe and Letizia's wedding?) I guess that their upbringing is really normal and they're been educated to act as down to earth as possible, to have a connection to their "subjects", to know what's going on beyond the walls of the palace.

Another thing that I remember reading at the time of the wedding in elmundo, was that, as soon as the protocol was over in the banquet, with the photographers gone and the fun really beginning, was that Cristina and Elena took their shoes off to dance and several guests followed suit. I don't know if this is true or not, but, if it is, it really shows that they're human beings, not different from us.

Inside the wedding, by an invitee - In Spanish

Sorry for the long post

Anna
Old 09-17-2004, 04:14 PM
Aristocracy

I agree Anna! I this is one of my favorite royal pictures...show the deep connection to his people.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	apnov95.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	41415  
Old 09-18-2004, 01:00 AM
Nobility

Yes, I agree too!! During the funeral, they looked so touched, they even cried!! Some people critisized them for that, because they think they are royals and shouldnt show their emotions. That is not at all how I feel. Yes, they are royals, but first of all they are human beings, and they have feelings like everybody on earth. I think there is no shame to cry in public, not in such occasions as a State funeral!!

Just to say that I think it was good of them to show their emotions, as they were not "fake" ones, it showed how close they are to Spanish people.
Old 09-18-2004, 03:24 PM
Courtier

Letizia and Felipe attended a wedding today.Sorry for me she doesn´t dress nice today.
Old 09-18-2004, 04:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Felipe and Letizia today attended the wedding of his paternal cousin BeTRFán Gómez Acebo Borbón married model Laura Ponte today in Segovia, Spain. Letizia wore a dress by Lorenzo Caprile.

Pictures courtesy of the Glittering Royal Events MB.

(Nice that Felipe's tie seemed to match Letizia's skirt! :) )
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	felipe letizia-1.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	41537   Click image for larger version

Name:	felipe letizia-2.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	41538  
Old 09-18-2004, 10:48 PM
Nobility

I will wait till we can see more pics before I pass my hmmm... "judgement"

My first reaction was WOW, very striking but is it suitable for a wedding? Is this what Spanish ladies wear to a wedding? Can some Spaniards let us know? I do like the fan and the red with black is very daring. I would like to see the pattern on the skirt more.
Old 09-18-2004, 11:05 PM
Heir Apparent

From a link Mandy posted in the Something New, Old and Blue forum for BeTRFan and Laura's wedding today, last night there was a dinner which Felipe and Letizia attended.

Original Source: Imagine Scandinavia
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Party-1.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	41583   Click image for larger version

Name:	Party-2.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	41584   Click image for larger version

Name:	Party-3.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	41585   Click image for larger version

Name:	Party-4.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	41586  

Name:	Party-5.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	41587   Click image for larger version

Name:	Party-6.jpg
Views:	426
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	41588  
Old 09-19-2004, 03:45 AM
Nobility

I liked the way she was dressed for the dinner. The wedding, well. I mean, the top and the skirt are both really nice, in my opinion, but wearing themtogether is not a really good idea, it looks kind of dull to me.
Old 09-19-2004, 10:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Pictures from the GREMB of Felipe and Letizia at Beltran's wedding yesterday. A very good close up of Letizia where you can admire the detailing on her skirt.

Original source: Seegerpress
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	letty-1.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	41697   Click image for larger version

Name:	letty-2.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	41698  
Old 09-19-2004, 11:28 AM
Royal Highness

some more

More pics from Letizia and Filipe.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ee.JPG
Views:	130
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	41744   Click image for larger version

Name:	q.JPG
Views:	154
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	41745   Click image for larger version

Name:	r.JPG
Views:	135
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	41746   Click image for larger version

Name:	t.JPG
Views:	119
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	41747  

Name:	u.JPG
Views:	138
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	41748   Click image for larger version

Name:	y.JPG
Views:	264
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	41749  
Old 09-19-2004, 11:50 AM
Royal Highness

Some more from the wedding!!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	a.JPG
Views:	153
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	41750   Click image for larger version

Name:	b.JPG
Views:	103
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	41751   Click image for larger version

Name:	c.JPG
Views:	98
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	41752   Click image for larger version

Name:	d.JPG
Views:	167
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	41753  

Name:	e.JPG
Views:	148
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	41754  
Old 09-19-2004, 11:56 AM
Royal Highness

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...chmentid=41749

I like her shoes, they look high tech and different, it doesn't look like something she would normally wear. But I must say they look like they could fracture her metatarsals easily.
Old 09-19-2004, 07:06 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
Pictures from the GREMB of Felipe and Letizia at BeTRFan's wedding yesterday. A very good close up of Letizia where you can admire the detailing on her skirt.

Original source: Seegerpress
Thanks Alexandria. The embroidery on the skirt is superb. Very beautiful. I love it. Really great outfit. Not everyone's cup of tea I would imagine, but it's definitely very striking and fitting look for a Spanish princess.

Tags
felipe, letizia, prince of asturias, princess of asturias