Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 1: Nov. 2003 - August 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny seeing Felipe sign autographs. I guess even royals have to adapt to the times.

I have to say that I love Letizia. I like her and I wish her all the happiness in the world in this her new life by the most beautiful man that have ever existed. Ok, maybe that's too much but you get my point. I love them both together.

Having said this I have to open my heart. It is so hard to realize that the prince is now married. I grew up loving this guy, he was THE PRINCE. Our prince. I still haven't gotten over the fact that he got engaged back in Nov :( . And now he's married and all. And soon they'll gonna start having babies. And I still haven't gotten over the fact that he got engaged back in Nov. Seriously.

I was stuck to the TV the day of the wedding and everything was so beautiful -and kinda boring too, I have to admit. And the queen and the king and the bride and the groom. And I couldn't believe that it was the prince the person that was getting married.
And I still haven't gotten over the fact that he got engaged :cry:

Originally posted by Maca@May 25th, 2004 - 11:24 pm
Having said this I have to open my heart. It is so hard to realize that the prince is now married. I grew up loving this guy, he was THE PRINCE. Our prince. I still haven't gotten over the fact that he got engaged back in Nov :( . And now he's married and all. And soon they'll gonna start having babies. And I still haven't gotten over the fact that he got engaged back in Nov. Seriously.
Maca, i understand what you are saying... even spanish people can't explain themselves that he is now married. he is and has always been the kid of spain... :p for some people is difficult to realise that the little child who sofia was smiling when he had 7 years old is now married and preparing to be the king of spain..

I think it would be easier to believe if we had been seeing them together for months before they became engaged like Frederik and Mary. We probably would all be shocked too if we hadn't heard a word about Mary and then all of the sudden Frederik announces his engagement.

There is already on sale, in Spain, the DVD from the wedding of Felipe and Letizia. the DVD as almost 180 minutes and has a resume of the weddings of the kings and the Infantas. From May 22, there is a resume from the guests arrivial, the entire religious cerimony, the cortege in Madrid, the Atocha cerimony and the arrival to the Royal Palace (including the actuation of the "gaiteros" playing the "Asturias Patria Querida"

The gains of the sale of the DVD will be donated to the families of the 11/03 victims :)

(source: Yahoo! España)

Originally posted by Madraga@May 28th, 2004 - 1:24 am
Really??  Where can you get that?? Thanks!
I belive that is still only on sale in Spain (the article says in any "kiosko") :( I don't if/when will be on sale abroad. But i will try to see if it's possible to buy it online ;)

Ok, thanks! I hope they do sell it online, it'll be so much better if everyone can get a copy. hehehehe... :blush:

(what an awful painting of them...!)

letizia and felipe will go to el vaticano in a week. then they'll go to mexico (balneario los cabos)

Reportajes

Visitarán al Papa
Al parecer, los Príncipes también han viajado a la capital de Tailandia, Bangkok. Después, y según El Semanal Digital, parece que los Príncipes irán a Roma para recibir la bendición del Papa. Desde allí, visitarán otras ciudades europeas antes de saltar a México, donde se relajarán en el balneario de Los Cabos.

The spanish royal has already confirmed that Letizia will be with Felipe in his first activities after the honeymoon. They will be giving, in July, the military degrees from the different military academies (navy, army and air force). In July, they will also be in Navarra to the giving of the Prince of Viana awards (one of Felipe titles as heir to the throne and now also Letizia title ;)) at Leire Monastery. This year, they will travel to south america to the possetion of two presidents, in mid august to Domenican Republic and they will travel to Panama in September 1st ;)

I agree.. nice to see both of them get out for a bit.. has Felipe been active prior to his marriage in these presentation ceremonies.. or was the King the one to present in ceremonies? And yes.. I cant wait to see her outfitts also ..

This is old but for those who haven't seen a video of the first public presentation (engagement) here it is.. :flower:

video

Originally posted by Queen of Portugal@Jun 15th, 2004 - 7:08 pm
has Felipe been active prior to his marriage in these presentation ceremonies..
Felipe has long been a very active Crown Prince, both domestically and internationally (particularly in Latin America).

Hey, this is pretty cool. The Institute of Astrophysics of the Canary Islands, where scientists from some six countries work, have named a newly discovered planetary nebula after Felipe and Letizia in honor of their marriage. The new "Principes de Asturias" nebula's name was agreed to unanimously by the scientist from all the participating countries. apparently there are only six of this particular nebula in the universe. Astronomy is one of Felipe's greatest passions.

Pretty cool, no?

Principes de Asturias planetary nebula

The article

Who painted that awful portrait of them?? :yuk: :doh: They don't even have a child yet!!!! :shock: :wacko:

I was just thinking...

Do you remember how one of the reasons that Felipe and Letizia chose to marry so close to Mary and Frederik was that they didn't want to steal any limelight from the spanish soccer teams success in the Euro 2004? (so they chose to steal it from Mary and Frederik instead, but that's another story...)

Well, considering how Spain has been doing in the Euro 2004, maybe Felipe and Letizia should have gotten married in June instead... And maybe people wouldn't have noticed the Spanish team... LOL

Originally posted by Cissan@Jun 23rd, 2004 - 4:29 am

Well, considering how Spain has been doing in the Euro 2004, maybe Felipe and Letizia should have gotten married in June instead... And maybe people wouldn't have noticed the Spanish team... LOL
:p :p :p

I suppose it´s a good thing they didn´t get married closer to the Olympics then either.

Crown Prince Felipe ® and his wife Princess Letizia chat in the Royal Palace in Madrid 24 June 2004 during the ceremony of the Saint Day of King Juan Carlos of Spain

Felipe & Letizia

Felipe and Letizia have a busy few days ahead. Today Felipe and Letizia attended the funeral of one of Felipe's friends from the military academy. Love the look on the face of the military guard behind them.

Tomorrow they may be in Asturias for some family event; Sunday in Madrid Felipe lights the olympic tourch on its travel through Madrid enroute to Athens; Monday they are seen by the Pope in Rome; Wednesday the are at an awards ceremony in Navara...

Good thing they had a long honeymoon, although yesterday Felipe was very cute with the reporters and said, while smiling, it felt like a very short trip. And they remain mum about where they actually were!

The military man died at a very young age of 41 because of cancer, left behind his wife and two children, quite sad. This was the same military man who was celebrating his last birthday back in March with the attendance of Felipe and Letizia.
Felipe looks like he is in great shape, ready to run the last 400 meters of olympic tourch in Madrid next Sunday.

Originally posted by donnaK@Jun 25th, 2004 - 6:59 pm
Felipe looks like he is in great shape, ready to run the last 400 meters of olympic tourch in Madrid next Sunday.
Spanish press says that he almost about 10kg and recovered his old phisical form (last summer they started to say that Felipe was a little fat :p).

Hola's internet site has an article claiming they figured out the honeymoon destinations--although they have no pictures to prove it. Not as all over the place as we'd been led to believe, but an awesome trip if true. Apparently after leaving Jordan they went to a small island in Thailand for a few days and then spent a number of days visiting some of the great temples in Thailand, Burma and Cambodia. They then went to the Fiji island of Waikiki for a week, which has only one hotel and allows for no more than 18 guests at a time. The Prince and Princess are reported to have said they had "el viaje de nuestros sueños." (Our dream trip.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom