The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-01-2018, 09:46 PM
Commoner

Thank you, JR76 and Benjamin!

Old 03-02-2018, 06:34 AM
Heir Apparent

His Mother Beatrice and his Aunt Anne , both divorcees, often attend important events in Paris.

Old 03-02-2018, 10:38 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
His Mother Beatrice and his Aunt Anne , both divorcees, often attend important events in Paris.
What kind of events? political? Charity? diplomatic?
As far as I understand, Princess Beatrice lives in Paris. Where does the Dowager Princess live?
Old 03-02-2018, 10:40 PM
Commoner

Beatrice

RoyalistForLife,

From what I understand most of it is charity and some historical society work especially for the Constantian Order.

The Princess Dowager, if we are talking about Princess Alix, lives mostly in Switzerland at an old family estate.
Old 03-03-2018, 06:26 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlekVad View Post
RoyalistForLife,

From what I understand most of it is charity and some historical society work especially for the Constantian Order.

The Princess Dowager, if we are talking about Princess Alix, lives mostly in Switzerland at an old family estate.
Thank you for the information
Old 03-03-2018, 09:05 AM
Commoner

You're welcome RoyalistforLife.

I do hope that Princess Alix lives long and in good health. Her grandson may be Bonaparte by blood, but his grandmere is the true representative across the globe.
Her grandson is very busy and while the legacy of Napoleon is historical it demands respect and hundreds of thousands of people are in wonder over the French emperor. Who will be the representative to the historical societies when the Princess is no longer able to?
Old 03-03-2018, 11:28 AM
Commoner

Quote:
You're welcome RoyalistforLife.

I do hope that Princess Alix lives long and in good health. Her grandson may be Bonaparte by blood, but his grandmere is the true representative across the globe.
Her grandson is very busy and while the legacy of Napoleon is historical it demands respect and hundreds of thousands of people are in wonder over the French emperor. Who will be the representative to the historical societies when the Princess is no longer able to?
I do hope so too. She is a remarkable woman and I wish her many more years in good health.

Well, JC will marry at some point so let's hope the woman will be a beautiful representative of the family, and may I add not as numbingly boring as his current girlfriend (Olympia?). I am really sorry for saying this, just my opinion, she might be the best person in the world, she just doesn't have a good presence, in my view.

I am sad to see that Prince Charles's current wife is not seen at all - she seems not to be interested in being a representative for them? Or she isn't allowed?
Old 03-03-2018, 12:20 PM
Commoner

Princess Alix is indeed truly remarkable. If she were Empress legally she would make an excellent empress.

I thought JC and Olympia were broken up? Je ne sais pas.
I know Prince Charles didn't attend the funeral of his father because he wasn't allowed to bring his wife. Louis apparently hated Charles' second marriage that much. Which seems harsh.
Her lack of presence may be due to not being allowed or she doesn't care. It seems strange that Princess Beatrice attends the Invalides event, but not Caroline or Sophie (as far as I know).
Old 03-03-2018, 08:59 PM
Royal Highness

Here are some images of Prince Jean-Christophe's mother and paternal grandmother over the years: one can see that the Dowager Princess Napoléon and Princess Béatrice of Bourbon-Two Sicilies have remained close.

Although Prince Charles Napoléon has been politically active, socially he does not seem to mix in the same circles as his mother or first wife. His siblings, especially his sisters, have also lived very discreet lives. Princess Catherine Napoléon's first marriage to a nephew of Queen Paola of Belgium was a huge Gotha event.

Princess Catherine's second husband died in 2017; they had two daughters together. Princess Laure was widowed in 2009; she and Monsieur Lecomte had one son.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	108387093.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	153.4 KB
ID:	301125   Click image for larger version

Name:	179100543.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	198.2 KB
ID:	301126   Click image for larger version

Name:	187192232.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	215.1 KB
ID:	301127   Click image for larger version

Name:	453406674.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	213.0 KB
ID:	301128  

Old 03-03-2018, 10:43 PM
Commoner

I did not know that about the husbands of Catherine and Laure. I really hope they are doing well. Even if tension remains between Charles and Alix, I'm glad that JC and his father have long since reconciled.
LeMonde said that Charles sometimes leads tours through the 70? cities were Napoleon went through and left a mark. Sounds like an awesome vacation. I also plan to visit France for the Bicentenary of Napoelon's death. Does anyone know if France will plan anything on a grand scale in honor of the event?
Old 03-04-2018, 01:17 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Princess Alix is indeed truly remarkable. If she were Empress legally she would make an excellent empress.
Yes! Totally agree! She is so regal, I can hardly name any reigning royals who are!

Quote:
I thought JC and Olympia were broken up? Je ne sais pas.
I don't know either. I think last year they were still together at some functions?

Quote:
I know Prince Charles didn't attend the funeral of his father because he wasn't allowed to bring his wife. Louis apparently hated Charles' second marriage that much. Which seems harsh.
Wonder what's to hate about that? Divorces happen and it's not just one person's fault. Is it because she doesn't belong to the nobility?

Quote:
Her lack of presence may be due to not being allowed or she doesn't care. It seems strange that Princess Beatrice attends the Invalides event, but not Caroline or Sophie (as far as I know)
That's interesting indeed that Princess Beatrice attends such events but she's the mother of the head of the house who works abroad and seems to be building a career so quite busy. But strange that the other members don't participate.
Old 03-04-2018, 01:20 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
Here are some images of Prince Jean-Christophe's mother and paternal grandmother over the years: one can see that the Dowager Princess Napoléon and Princess Béatrice of Bourbon-Two Sicilies have remained close.

Although Prince Charles Napoléon has been politically active, socially he does not seem to mix in the same circles as his mother or first wife. His siblings, especially his sisters, have also lived very discreet lives. Princess Catherine Napoléon's first marriage to a nephew of Queen Paola of Belgium was a huge Gotha event.

Princess Catherine's second husband died in 2017; they had two daughters together. Princess Laure was widowed in 2009; she and Monsieur Lecomte had one son.
Thank you for the photographs and for the information on Charles and the other members. Princesses Alix and Beatrice are really beautiful and they are aging so gracefully. No surprise JC seems to be a very stable and regal man - he has been under the influence of these two great women.
Old 03-04-2018, 01:22 AM
Commoner

Quote:
I did not know that about the husbands of Catherine and Laure. I really hope they are doing well. Even if tension remains between Charles and Alix, I'm glad that JC and his father have long since reconciled.
LeMonde said that Charles sometimes leads tours through the 70? cities were Napoleon went through and left a mark. Sounds like an awesome vacation. I also plan to visit France for the Bicentenary of Napoelon's death. Does anyone know if France will plan anything on a grand scale in honor of the event?
Does JC spend time with his father's family? Is he close with the 2? sisters on that side?

I would love to be on such a tour! will appreciate any information on it
Old 03-04-2018, 02:32 AM
Serene Highness

There is also an uncle Jérôme, youngest son of Alix, who married Licia Innocenti in 2013
Old 03-04-2018, 08:13 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjetajiem View Post
There is also an uncle Jérôme, youngest son of Alix, who married Licia Innocenti in 2013
That's the one who is a librarian at Geneva University and his wife works somewhere in a bank or some sort of executive, right?

What does Charles' current wife do?

All this legacy of Napoleon (overwhelmingly negative for most of Europe) must be a really hard thing to live with I think. Not many remember anything positive Napoleon did.
Old 03-04-2018, 09:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalistforLife View Post
That's the one who is a librarian at Geneva University and his wife works somewhere in a bank or some sort of executive, right?

What does Charles' current wife do?

All this legacy of Napoleon (overwhelmingly negative for most of Europe) must be a really hard thing to live with I think. Not many remember anything positive Napoleon did.
Napoleon is still seen as a great figure in France, with countless exhibitions, lectures, books about him, his court etc. He's seen as the father of modern France, not less.
The general public is fascinated by the Empire (1st and 2nd). Last week the castle of Fontainebleau reopened with great fanfare a museum dedicated to Napoleon (mainly visited by ... Russians !).
So the Napoléons are highly respected and i can assure you that they maintain the legagy with pride and panache (especially the Princess).
Old 03-04-2018, 02:43 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalistforLife View Post
Yes! Totally agree! She is so regal, I can hardly name any reigning royals who are!

I don't know either. I think last year they were still together at some functions?

Wonder what's to hate about that? Divorces happen and it's not just one person's fault. Is it because she doesn't belong to the nobility?

That's interesting indeed that Princess Beatrice attends such events but she's the mother of the head of the house who works abroad and seems to be building a career so quite busy. But strange that the other members don't participate.

I think the break with the divorce was because Charles didn't ask for his father's permission to divorce or remarry. According to some imperial rule if a member of the imperial family wants a divorce or another marriage s/he must ask for permission from the head of the imperial family.

As for JC and Olympia those functions were in 2016. Time flies by doesn't it?
I don't know if JC visits any of his father's cousins either.
I would give you more info on the Napoleon tour, but the moderator won't let me.
Old 03-05-2018, 06:07 AM
Commoner

Quote:
I think the break with the divorce was because Charles didn't ask for his father's permission to divorce or remarry. According to some imperial rule if a member of the imperial family wants a divorce or another marriage s/he must ask for permission from the head of the imperial family.

As for JC and Olympia those functions were in 2016. Time flies by doesn't it?
I don't know if JC visits any of his father's cousins either.
I would give you more info on the Napoleon tour, but the moderator won't let me.
Understand it now about the permission issue, thanks!

I think I saw a picture circulating on the internet of JC and Olympia on a holiday together somewhere in Latin America last year - I might be wrong though. I checked their linkedin pages (I am ashamed of myself) and she's based in NY and he is in London. Distance may be a problem... or maybe they grew out of that relationship and are happy with other people now. Time will show.

I will try to find information on that tour, thank you for the tip!
Old 07-04-2018, 02:27 AM

Jean-Christophe girlfriend

Hello
A couple of days ago I found this pictures of prince Napoleon on which it seems to be with countess Olympia Arco. Those where taken this year in May 5th 2018. Does anyone know if they still been a couple?? (I’m referring about the woman in white and black coat)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E18B2126-2061-4758-B14F-80F1AC18E8FB.jpeg
Views:	623
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	301346   Click image for larger version

Name:	37E8A3D0-8A27-4CF9-A4B4-2A8FF2696069.jpeg
Views:	650
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	301347   Click image for larger version

Name:	09473F10-F975-49B4-937B-9C5877ACA8CE.jpeg
Views:	381
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	301348   Click image for larger version

Name:	E0753391-BBFB-4312-B8D4-92BE3E48D055.jpeg
Views:	726
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	301349  

Old 07-04-2018, 03:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napez View Post
Hello
A couple of days ago I found this pictures of prince Napoleon on which it seems to be with countess Olympia Arco. Those where taken this year in May 5th 2018. Does anyone know if they still been a couple?? (I’m referring about the woman in white and black coat)
The pair has been a couple since at least 2011 so I guess that if they're pictured together just a few weeks ago it means that they're still together.

Tags
bonaparte, british, french, jean christophe, princenapoleon, wedding