Queen Margrethe II & Prince Henrik, Current Events Part 6: July 2017 - February 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the Queen travel on Danish military jets? It would not surprise me if one is on standby (if even still in Denmark just on standby to fly to France for a pick up) ready to bring the Queen back to Denmark in an emergency?

Does the Queen travel on Danish military jets? It would not surprise me if one is on standby (if even still in Denmark just on standby to fly to France for a pick up) ready to bring the Queen back to Denmark in an emergency?
I think the DRF own, or may rent/borrow, a private jet. If I recall correctly, the Crown Prince family flew using the private jet when they visited Australia a few years ago.

She does (and so does members of the government), aboard a Challenger, which also doubles as a VIP transport. So if QMII were to be rushed back to DK a jet would pick her up, or alternatively someone would be kicked off a commercial flight to make room for her.

It does happen that they borrow a jet from one of the more affluent DK families.

Maybe Henrik travlled by such a jet, if so it would make it so easy if he felt unwell to simply fly straight back to denmark

To me the Prince left Denmark to quickly after his first operation !

:previous:

The amount of time Henrik spent in hospital after his angioplasties was about the same amount of time most patients spend after such a procedure. Cardiac angioplasty patients spend about 2-3 days in hospital and are dismissed to home if no complications arise after the procedure. A flight from Denmark to France isn't too long, not as if from Denmark to another Continent. I'm sure Henrik got the clearance from his physicians to travel, if they felt he shouldn't have flown, they would have told him not to travel.
We don't know, but there may be private duty nurses or attendants that are in France and may have traveled with him.

:previous: There are three healthcare workers employed to look after PH. Presumably at least one of them accompanied him back to DK.

On holiday...?

Perhaps the - tests - will be easier to conduct if she isn't around...?

Seriously, if PH is tested for Alzheimer or dementia, it might be better if QMII isn't around to excite him?
And the doctors might find it easier to persuade him to go through the tests.

Last edited:
If QMII hurried home to be by his side it would imply that it's something serious which I doubt it is.

Førende hjertelæge om at prins Henrik fortsat er indlagt: 'Det er bekymrende' | BT Danmark - www.bt.dk

PH is still committed to hospital and the papers have begun to notice the extraordinary long time he has been committed. But there are no news from the court. Nor any hint as to when PH is going to leave the hospital.

BT in the article posted here has asked a cardiologist who describes the length PH has been committed as worrying.
For such a routine thing he should have left the hospital by now.

- I cannot help wondering whether PH are undergoing other tests while at the hospital. I.e. tests to ascertain whether he has dementia, Alzheimer or something similar.
It would make sense to commit him, due to "complications" after a routine procedure, rather than publishing that PH is getting his head examined.

Last edited:
It could be any number of things. If Henrik is diabetic, with the procedure he had, perhaps its been taking a while to get the medications prescribed to work on an even keel with his system. Often times diabetes and medications act weird on a body.

Whatever it is, its obvious that its not knowledge for public consumption at this time. I know in the UK that Buckingham Palace will not address any medical issues by the Royal Family and its considered a private thing. A statement that Philip (or whomever) has been admitted to the hospital may be issued but other than that, we're not given specifics.

If Henrik is having medical problems, the hospital is the best place for him right now. It also keeps him away from the press. ;)

PH has today been discharged from the hospital after having been committed for ten years.
The court says he's fine, but need rest.

Ten days is an awful lot of time, even at his age.

ADDED:

The court informs that he will not return to France but instead take up residence at Fredensborg.
The doctors have deemed him to weak to travel (to France) and they'd to keep him close at hand for further observation.

QMII is expected back in DK on the 24th, then she will change her residence to Dannebrog for the second leg of the summer cruise.

Last edited:
I think all this shows perfectly the state of the couple and the marriage unfortunately

That is good to hear that he is out of the Hospital.
H.K.H. Prins Henrik udskrevet | Kongehuset

I think staying in one place and not traveling so soon will do him well. I think he might have rushed out to travel quickly the last time he left the hospital.

QMII is expected back in DK on the 24th, then she will change her residence to Dannebrog for the second leg of the summer cruise.

The summer cruise starts on the 30th. She could have changed residence to Fredensborg instead for almost a week to be near her husband now that he is out of hospital.
If she wanted to...;)

I am glad to hear that he is out of the hospital.

10 days hospitalisation without any Visit of the Queen ,his wife is sad.

:previous: It seems that QM won't be seeing him until after the Dannebrog summer cruise.

This may sound cold or harsh but, when you remember how totally enraged Henrik was about QM supposedly withholding the title "King Consort", one can only surmise that her arrival in France was less than a happy event. If that is the case then the presence of QM would not help his recovery and could even worsen his condition.

Conversely, after weeks of public humiliation who could blame QM if she is less than thrilled at the prospect of spending her holiday time with Henrik continually ranting at her or the family.

Sadly, whichever way you look at the situation it seems this last tantrum may have been the straw that broke the camel's back. QM may have come to the conclusion that there is no way their marriage can survive except as a shell with both of them living totally separate lives.

Sometimes the worse thing a parent can do with a child throwing a temper tantrum is pay more attention to the child throwing it. The child needs to stew in its own juice to realize that tantrums solve nothing. This is also true of adults that demand their own way in things sometimes. I figure QM knows this very well and as her schedule for the summer has pretty much been drawn up, she's sticking to it.

As human beings, I'd like to think that right now with Henrik and Margrethe, they're having a period of "I love you but I really don't like you too much right now" days. Not being together all the time, at this stage in their marriage, isn't really a sign of discord but rather that they're comfortable going about and doing their own thing. Henrik needs rest to recover and being with Margrethe could exacerbate the issue between them and frankly, Henrik needs to stew in his own juices and think about things and Margrethe's absence enforces her stance that she's not going to play into him. Margrethe has her own agenda to follow as Queen and she's not about to ignore that for the sake of a temper tantrum.

It works out best this way all the way around IMO. :D

It's hard to even guess at the details of someone else's relationship but the current situation does seem pretty sad. It reminds me of a quote from Robin Williams where he said something like the worst thing in life isn't ending up alone, it's ending up with people who make you feel like you're alone.

On the official side of things I think the damage has been done, unfortunately, but on a personal level I hope both Margrethe and Henrik can move on in a way that brings them both some peace and contentment.

I think all this shows perfectly the state of the couple and the marriage unfortunately

Exactly.
It seems QM wanted to do her holidays in France and Henrik's presence didnt really matter. And I doubt she discussed THAT TOPIC again with him at all, for the 42.458th time.

Queen Margrethe II & Prince Henrik, Current Events Part 6: July 2017 -

Since PH's retirement, he has led an unbelievable life, travelling, time with friends, no responsibilities, only returning to Denmark intermittently. On the other hand, QM has kept working, no matter how tired she might have been, or how troubled about her husband. Always with a smile on her face. I feel she is entitled to her two weeks holiday in France in peace. I hope she has been able to have that. PH is well looked after, and seemingly only wants her near if she will give him the title he demands. She's clearly had enough of that nonsense.

Last edited:
I don't blame HM for not changing her holiday plans to rush off to see Henrik, IMO she is within her rights to want some time away from him now. Bear in mind she did go to France to visit him and he then travelled back to Denmark to go to hospital - i.e. she stuck to her plans while he changed his (possibly with good reason).

I think we have to remember that for couples of a certain age and certain social class often feel comfortable enough spending time away from each other. Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip often do - she started her Balmoral holiday while he was staying at Sandringham. I don't think it necessarily means much and is just the routine that helps keep things together after so long. That being said, Henrik's recent "outburts" make it appear they are deliberately avoiding each other.

Dronning Margrethe flytter ind på Dannebrog | BILLED-BLADET

BB, or rather the court, offer an explanation for QMII setting up residence aboard Dannebrog, rather than at Fredensborg, when she returns to DK today. - Something that made me wonder as well...

The reason is that Dannebrog will sail for Aarhus, so that QMII can take up residence there for the opening of the annual Cultural Week.
It's too much trouble to open up Marselisborg just for one night the court says. So instead she'll stay aboard Dannebrog and then sail for Bornholm for the second part of the summer cruise.

- It does sound like a rational use of the ship. On the other hand Frederik and other members of the DRF usually use the Cavallier Building, which is located on the grounds, when they stay the night in Aarhus.
I think it will be interesting to see where QMII will take up residence when she returns from the summer cruise next week.
Usually she loves being at Fredensborg during the summer months.
And it will be equally interesting to see whether PH will remain at Fredensborg when QMII finally returns there.

Last edited:
Or will the King, sorry Prince, be well enough to return to France just before the Queen takes up residence in Fredensborg?

That'll be up to the doctors I suppose.
Another question is whether he will be... well enough... to be joined by his wife.
It sure will be odd if QMII only stay for a couple of days at Fredensborg or PH darts off within a couple of days of QMII arriving.
If that happens you'll have to be pretty optimistic not to interpret that as a de facto separation, IMO.

Dronning Margrethe flytter ind på Dannebrog | BILLED-BLADET

BB, or rather the court, offer an explanation for QMII setting up residence aboard Dannebrog, rather than at Fredensborg, when she returns to DK today. - Something that made me wonder as well...

The reason is that Dannebrog will sail for Aarhus, so that QMII can take up residence there for the opening of the annual Cultural Week.
It's too much trouble to open up Marselisborg just for one night the court says. So instead she'll stay aboard Dannebrog and then sail for Bornholm for the second part of the summer cruise.

Not a very good explanation, is it....QM's event in Aarhus is tomorrow evening. Previous years, she has been perfectly capable of travelling there from Fredensborg or Copenhagen. After Aarhus, she has two official events in Copenhagen before Bornholm.

I am going to predict that PH will be well enough to travel to France (or somewhere else) when/just before she returns from Bornholm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom