Queen Margrethe II & Prince Henrik, Current Events Part 5: November 2015 - July 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Queen Margrethe II & Prince Henrik, Current Events Part 5: November 2015 -

That Tweeted photo was taken in the Cupola of the ISS and where the majority of the stunning pictures of this World of ours come from. :). Cool he took up a specially made Lego Astronaut w/him. :D

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Thanks, Polyesco. I wondered why they wouldn't be there.

BB has a nice article about Peter Parkov this week. Suffice to say he was a very near and dear friend of QMII in particular. With a keen sense of humor.

It wasn´t a funeral as such, since Peter Parkov is already burned and buried, so to say. It was a memorial service, which Peter Parkov had planned to the smallest detail :)

:previous:
Well it was nice to see that he took his dogs with him, gotta love a man that loves his dogs I say. Hat, is it cold in Denmark now? Or warm like the rest of the planet. He can lend me that hat anytime as I love hats!:flowers:;)

:)
No, it's been almost tropical for a week now. Some 10-12 degrees C (10-13 F) at noon.
Not that I complain.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #52, 2015.
Written by Trine Larsen.

Recently the Regent Couple, J&M and Countess Alexandra went to the funeral service of Peter Parkov a very close childhood friend of QMII.
Actually he had been cremated a couple of days before.

Present were also most of the older friends of the DRF.

Peter Parkov's healt hadn't been too good in recent years but he was always a very dear guest at Marselisborg during Christmas and Easter or at Chateau Cayz.
Most of QMII's other childhood friends had also know him most of their lives.

Alexandra was there because he was the one who had wed her and Martin Jørgensen back in 2007.
He was also very close to the Ahlefeldt-Laurvig family.

A positive and friendly man with a wry sense of humor he was remembered fondly.

Due to ongoing renovations at Amalienborg the Regent Couple have for more than a year had their residence at Fredensborg. (I don't think they are particularly sorry about that).
That means QMII's New Year speech last year and this year will be shown live from Fredensborg.

Now, the locals are rapidly turning this into a festive tradition.

Fredensborg consist of two courts (or yards if you will). An inner that is normally closed to the public and an outer that is open.
Before 18.00 New Years Eve the locals gather at the outer court dressed for party, bringing with them champagne and glasses.
QMII's speech will be shown on big screens and at the same time an honor guard of the Lifeguard will take up position in the inner court, complete with colour, drums and fifes.

When QMII has finished her speech around 18.15, the colour will be lowered and the royal anthem will be played (on TV) then the locals in the outer court (as well as in many living rooms nationwide) will toast each other.

Dronning Margrethe klar til stor folkefest i Fredensborg | BILLED-BLADET

A view of the inner court, past the sentry in front of the main guard: http://images2.cdn.k.dk/sites/default/files/2015/01/20150101201115_0.jpg/20150101201115_0.jpg

The honor guard last year: http://blognyt.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Fredensborg-Livgarden-Nytårstale.jpg

- On New Years Eve the guardsmen wear the blue "field-uniform", but at the New Year Courts they change to the red gala-uniform. (Which prior to 1849 was the color of the field-uniform).

As is tradition the Regent Couple leave for their private New Year party right after she's given her speech.

They are a circle of close friends who take turn in hosting the party and this year the Regent Couple were the hosts and the party took place at Fredensborg Palace.
The theme this year was very appropriately the 1700's. The palace itself was build in the early 1700's.

Alas, since the Regent Couple were hosts, there are no pictures of them dressed up:
https://app.box.com/s/z6j864hjrusnbnlf05gzovb0z37svb1q
https://app.box.com/s/al0anbo5qf5qqgiieegex5u6s6h91mv3

Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik attended the musical's 25th anniversary celebration in Copenhagen

billedbladet.dk

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #04, 2016.
Written by Lisbeth Grube.

The DRF chef, Jesper Vollmer has had to quite his job after ten years due to complications after an accident.
He has been working reduced hours but alas now he has to quit.

So in this article he gives a very frank portrait of how it was to work for the Regent Couple and PH in particular. He is leaving a workplace he clearly loved.

"We are one big family down there (in the kitchens). Of course we employees are not a part of the family in regards to the royals, but I have become enormously close to the Prince Consort. Him I'll simply miss so much.
The Queen has been more distant, so it's special things I have dealt with in regards to her. But the Prince Consort and I have spend so many hours together. Both with cooking but also in sitting in the couch with cookbooks and get good ideas. That has always been a high priority with him.
We have been sitting and coming up with the must amusing lunches. It has been cozy and intimate in the way that I haven't just felt like the cook who came up to say yes, sir, to everything he wanted. We have really been sparring and developed courses together". - In fact they have worked on three cookbooks together.

"We have joked about how it can be really hard to work with the Prince Consort, because he really stirs the pots.
He can come home with funny things in the trunk, like mushrooms from a drive and change the lunch in the last second. Then one has - in citations - cursed him far away, but damn we've also often talked about how dull it would be if he wasn't there. He has a love for food that makes get up on your toes".

PH has brought his view on cooking from his childhood and held on to them.
"Not least in the way to handle the raw products. He has a deep respect for products in particular and we go out fetch one corn (maize) in the garden, which we need - and not two, because we are only going to eat one. And God help us if the leftovers that goes out are not recycled in another course. We have been told off some times, where we have used the things in a way he did not think was in order. And he was right. I have an enormously respect for his way to think food".

During the New Year Courts he was not on the job for the first time in ten years.
"For the first time in ten years I wasn't on during the New Year Table. It was so odd to turn on the TV and see how they ran around at Amalienborg and prepared for the Table. That's my business! That's when it tickled in the stomach".

"For ten years I have been hidden away in the casemates of the DRF. Now I look forward to having an opinion".

About working with PH: "We have such a cozy time together. We have been eating a lot of Asian food, because the Prince love that. But otherwise it's rustic, simple food. Just because you are royal it doesn't mean that you eat truffles and caviar every day".

It's good to read nice things about PH, instead of all the negative publicity he's had lately. Thanks, Muhler.:)

It is an excellent photo of Prince Henrik in Naples. Can anyone say why he was there?

It is an excellent photo of Prince Henrik in Naples. Can anyone say why he was there?

He was ordering a carved wooden figure of himself - in double size - as one of the shepherds in the Nativity Scene.

Many Thanks Muhler. It is a good photo of him.

:previous: Thanks, Iceflower. :flowers:

BB has more about the remarkable piece of craftsmanship - that has been dubbed a 1700's jukebox - because that's basically what it was!
Dronning Margrethe imponeret over "jukeboks" på Rosenborg | BILLED-BLADET

It was ordered some 250 years ago by King Frederik V, who commissioned it for Christiansborg Palace (later burned down) which back then was the royal residence.
The four meter "jukebox" was made by furniture-carpenter C.F. Lehmann.
And it was very expensive! The price was 6.560 Rigsdaler, which was about the same amount paid for building one of the four mansions that constitute Amalienborg.

A bell struck every 30 minutes after which music was played. And it could also be set to playing one of altogether 21 pieces of music, whatever the King preferred, every hour.
Unfortunately it broke down, or rather the "music-box inside the cabinet broke down, after a couple of years.

But now it has been restored, which took ten years.
They have somehow been able to digitize the info on the mechanism constituting what was a "storage-media" back then, so it now plays authentic music from the period, with roughly the same sound.

Queen Margrethe II of Denmark visits on February 12, 2016 the newly renovated Skagen Museum of art in the northernmost part of Denmark.

ANP picture 1 ** Picture 2

Thanks, Dazzling :flowers:

I've noticed that QMII in recent time has visited a lot of events or places related to art. - Which as you know happens to be a passion of hers.
She appears to be clearly delighted and enjoying her what we in DK would call a "senior-job".

Thanks, Dazzling :flowers:

I've noticed that QMII in recent time has visited a lot of events or places related to art. - Which as you know happens to be a passion of hers.
She appears to be clearly delighted and enjoying her what we in DK would call a "senior-job".

Just like Princess Beatrix does nowadays.

:previous: And may they both enjoy it.
They deserve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom