Queen Margrethe II and Prince Henrik, Current Events 3: August 2010 - January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There will be various colors of antependia (or paraments as we call them in the US) during the different seasons of the church year. There is green which is on for most of the year, white for Christmas and Easter, red for Pentecost, and purple for Advent, so there is a significance to the colors.
Yes, these are the liturgical colours of the churchyear, but other than that I think that the antependier is only there to make the altar look beautiful :flowers:

Thanks Iceflower, I just love these high resolution pics of a beautiful room in the palace. Also you can see a good close up of HMs brooch of amethyst grapes on gold vine stems with the wire trellis denoted as diamonds. It is a lovely close up of this brooch. From Prince Henrik perhaps? Representing his vineyard perhaps?

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #4, 2013.
Flot arbejde - Good job.
Written by Annelise Weimann.

Wearing another, this time lilac, Teletubby outfit, complete with hat and fur (Made by Celli Freifeldt by the way), a decidedly pleased QMII had a closer look at the new antependier/paraments (thanks Jwandcats) in Herlufsholm Church.

The old ones were from 1870 and they were to put it mildly worn and faded. The designer is Martin Nannestad.
QMII, who has designed paraments herself (*) inspected the work and was pleased with the result, Martin Nannestad told afterwards.
QMII stayed during the celebratory service and during a christening afterwards before going to a reception at the nearby posh boarding school of Herlufsholm.

(*) If IRRC that was the episode where there was a good deal of controversy some years back.
A church had comissioned a new parament by an artist, at the same time QMII had made one. Well, a Monach sort of outweighs an artist soo the church decided to use QMII's parament. The artist however became furious and it even made the prime time news. (Must have been during the silly season). It ended up with a compromise, the church used the two paraments at various times of year.
This is from memory and please correct me if I'm wrong.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #4, 2013.
Flot arbejde - Good job.
Written by Annelise Weimann.
QMII stayed during the celebratory service and during a christening afterwards before going to a reception at the nearby posh boarding school of Herlufsholm.
The christening was held during the service - as is the norm :flowers:

Time to close this thread - thanks for all your contributions! The new thread can be found here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom