Queen Margrethe II and Prince Henrik, Current Events 3: August 2010 - January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This evening, April 19, Prince Henrik attended the opening of Borreby's new theatre and
attended the opening performance of the musical "Jekyll & Hyde":

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** sn.dk gallery ** sn.dk gallery 2 **

Last edited:
Oh I love Preben Christensen as her majesty. :lol:

The new official pictures are very nice indeed.
However I wish she had worn a new dress for them. This dress is rather old - first worn at CP Frederik & Mary's wedding, I believe.

Those new officials are stunning, I have always had a fondness for the pink dress. It's suits Margrethe very well.

I wouldn't mind if Ulf Pilgaard made an entire show just consisting of him as the Queen, that is my highlight of "Cirkusrevyen" and if there's a year they don't include that sketch I'm always very disappointed.

Don't think so.
More a question of "flattering" angles.
Prince Henrik is simply like wine, more full and rounder by the age. :p

You are welcome, Gerry :)

The expression: "Fyyy, Margrethe = shame om you, Margrethe" has become Ulf Pilgaards trademark in his impersonations, when he has delivered a particularly pointy remark.

Muhler, your description of Prince Henrik is even more wonderful than the youtube! I will use it for myself too, if you don't mind! (we don't have any wine glass smileys and I don't really drink beer in the spring, so you get another rose!:flowers:

:previous:

It was the usual recommissioning after the winter break, not the start of a larger tour yet.

Prince Henrik is in Bretagne, France right now. Billed-Bladet - Prinsgemalen på sejlerferie med kongeskibet i Bretagne

Here he is taking part in a sailing competition for sail boats. However, he let's his three mates do most of the work and that might explain why his boat, Quicksilver is at 48. place.
Prince Henrik and his friends are staying onboard Dannebrog.

It's far from the first time Prince Henrik has gone sailing with Dannebrog alone and on trips that are private. It's basically dress rehersal for in particular the conscript sailors before the summer cruises where things should preferably work fine. That also gives them time to find their sealegs.
There are 39 conscripts onboard Dannebrog and there is a two year waiting list to serve as a volunteers conscript on Dannebrog.
The DRF reside aft of the smokestack, the crew live in front.
In addition to the conscripts there are 20 officers, NCO's and professional sailors onboard Dannebrog, who serve for two-four years.
Dannebrog is a venerable lady who will turn 80 very soon, so there will be more about her when her birthday is celebrated.

May 9, 2012
*HM the Queen is responsible for the award ceremony of The Brain Prize at the Royal. Library, the Black Diamond, Copenhagen, at. 17.00.

Picture and a brief summary of the event can be found here

Daylife.com gallery

Queen Margrethe of Denmark (R) speaks alongside Danish Minister of Foreign Affairs Villy Søvndal (R) and US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton at the Amalienborg Palace in Copenhagen, Denmark, May 31, 2012.

newscom pictures

ImageBam
ImageBam
ImageBam

Hillary Clinton's busy day in Copenhagen

...Clinton’s time in Copenhagen was both short and busy. After a brief meeting with Queen Margrethe at Amalienborg Palace, which she travelled to on a canal boat accompanied by Søvndal, Clinton was on to the Royal Library to engage in an interview with TV2 News... cphpost.dk article

Last edited:
Brief summary of article in Billed Bladet #23, 2012.
Glad Prins på farten - Happy Prince on the move.
Written by Annelise Weimann.

Prince Henrik has been quietly busy lately.

Watching a parody of himself and saying: "You did brilliantly".
Driving a car to Tivoli, wearing s Scottish sixpence and with a dachshund on his lap.
Cruising around Copenhagen Harbour in a steam chalup (grand barge) from 1874. (The chalup belongs to the Frigate Jutland from 1850's. She's on permanent display in a small town called Ebeltoft). The boat was hyper modern in the 1870's.
Prince Henrik is patron for the frigate, which until the first Dannebrog was launched also doubled as the royal flagship.

As well as being interviewed by the French magazine Paris Match, where he said about our Marie: "To get a daughter-in-law with the same nationality as myself and on top of that a beautiful and elegant women delighted my tremendously.
When you enter a court you are thrown into a completely new life. From time to time I've told Marie: Watch out, in Denmark it's better to do so and so. Marie has adapted well, she has so to speak no longer any need for me".

Last edited:

Prince Henrik has been in Wismar, Germany, today, 17 June 2012. The main purpose of his visit has been a concert of the Concerto Kopenhagen as part of a cultural festival, but he also viewed some churches, attended a reception and an exhibition workshop.

Wismar is a northern coastal town, so Henrik was able to travel with the Dannebrog.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

** ndr.de gallery: Ein Prinz mit Jacht legt in Wismar an **

** ndr.de video: Dänemarks Prinzgemahl in Wismar **

** svz.de: Königlicher Besuch in der Kreisstadt ** translation **

** nordkurier.de: Ein königlicher Lehmziegel für Wismar ** translation **

Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik arrived in Aarhus with the royal yacht Dannebrog this morning, June 25, and will reside at their summer residence Marselisborg Castle for the next weeks. As a little surprise Margrethe was presented with a bollard with the
inscription "Margrethe II of Denmark - On the occasion of the 40-year government anniversary January 14, 2012". The bollard is
marked with 41 bronze highlights, one for each time the royal yacht has officially entered Aarhus.

** stiften.dk gallery ** sn.dk gallery ** tv2.dk gallery **

** BB: Rørt majestæt kom til Aarhus ** translation **

Thanks, Iceflower. :flowers:

The photographers always, always wait until the royal dachshunds have been led off the ship and left their "greeting card" on the quay.
For some reason that often become a story in itself in the local papers.

Queen Margrethe has visited the Viking Ship Museum in Roskilde today, July 8, to mark the 50th anniversary of the excavation of the five Viking ships from Roskilde Fjord. She viewed the anniversary exhibition "Heart Blood - 50 years with Viking ships" and was on board of a viking ship.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** sn.dk gallery **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom