The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 09:35 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Queen Margrethe has participated in the 30th aniversary celebration of the Susanne
Heering Ballet school, May 15, 2011 in Naestved.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

** sn.dk: Eventyrlig dag for dronningen ** translation ** gallery ** gallery 2 **

** svenskdam.se: Härliga Margrethe! **

Old 05-18-2011, 08:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the pics, Iceflower

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #20, 2011.
Dronningen fejrede sin veninde - The Queen celebrated her (female) friend.
Written by Annelise Weimann.

QMII had wheeled to Næstved in order to attend the premiere at her very good friend Susanne Heering's Dance Institute. It was the 30th anniversary for Susanne Heering and QMII was, to put it mildly, in a great mood!
The school teaches ballet.

The children performed the ballet: A Tivoli Dream, written by QMII. She also designed the costumes and the decorations.
When it was time for the encore both QMII and Susanne Heering went on stage.
QMII, with a flower wreath on her head, grabbed a red pennant and swung it enthusiastically to the cheer of the audience.
After the show QMII and Susanne Heering curtsied to each other simultanously and QMII used both arms when she waved at the onlookers before driving back to Copenhagen. - (She may have learned something from her grandchildren).

But, even Queens can be hungry.
Before leaving QMII was seen balancing a kind of French hotdog and a cigarette in her hands while sucking up apple juice through a straw.
- That's neat coordination! And an interesting taste...

Old 05-18-2011, 10:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Only in Denmark, and I love it!

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 05-18-2011, 12:47 PM
Courtier

Does Caroline Heering also study ballet
Old 05-18-2011, 04:21 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
QMII, with a flower wreath on her head
She always gets a flower wreath on her head at this event

Quote:
But, even Queens can be hungry.
Before leaving QMII was seen balancing a kind of French hotdog and a cigarette in her hands while sucking up apple juice through a straw.
- That's neat coordination! And an interesting taste...
That´s the normal food at this event I was there one year in 1988 (or something) and at that time we got sandwiches and apple juice.

I think the apple juice is served for getting the bloodsugar up in a quick way
Old 05-19-2011, 05:04 AM
Super Moderator

Queen Margrethe dancing on the street is wonderful to look at

Here's another gallery:

** Margrethe hyldede Susanne Heering til hendes 30 års Jubilæum **
Old 05-27-2011, 09:03 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

One of Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik's close friends, Flemming von Lüttichau, has passed away following a long illness. He was 76, and formerly worked at the Royal Court as a Kammerherre (court chamberlin). His widow, Lena, was one of the Queen's ladies-in-waiting.
Billed-Bladet article

And Prince Henrik is adding perfume maker to his resume - in a few months time, his estate shop in Cahors will sell a perfume called 'H', produced by cosmetics company GOSH.
Billed-Bladet article
Old 05-31-2011, 07:28 AM
Heir Apparent

A note in Billed Bladet #22, informs us that Frederik will accompany his parents on the state visit to Russia from 6-9 September this year.
Mary is not mentioned in the note.

When the official visit is over all three of them will go sightseeing in Russia for a couple of more days.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:41 AM
Super Moderator

Yesterday, Prince Henrik presented the awards of the Prince Consort Fund on the Dannebrog.

** BB: Fornem kongelig prisoverrækkelse på Dannebrog ** translation **
Old 06-01-2011, 11:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks, Iceflower

Prins Henrik: Det er synd for kong Gustaf - Politiken.dk

Well, the problems the Swedish King is facing right now are also news here in DK. And the press tried to get a comment from Prince Henrik in that regards.

Prince Henrik replied: "Jeg synes, det er synd for ham, hvis han har problemer. Men I får ikke noget fra mig, for vi blander os ikke i andre familiers historier = I feel sorry for him if he has problems. But You will not get anything from me, because we don't interfere with the stories of other families".

Later on he commented to the idea that the "scandal" should rub off on the DRF as well: "UF! man ved aldrig med pressen, hvad de kan finde på. Men jeg vil ikke kommentere på deres problemer, vi har nok af problemer i Danmark allerede = Ah! You never know about the press, what they can come up with. But I will not comment on their problems, we have enough problems in Denmark".

- I find it silly and tactless of the press to even ask such questions and it only put the journalists themselves in a bad light.
It's equivalent to asking me whether the possible infidelity of my neighbour could influence my marriage. You would get a pretty direct reply!
I also think QMII would have answered such questions in very short writing indeed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Yesterday, Prince Henrik presented the awards of the Prince Consort Fund on the Dannebrog.

** BB: Fornem kongelig prisoverrækkelse på Dannebrog ** translation **
Old 06-01-2011, 07:13 PM
Courtier

I sometimes wonder if journalists really think they'll get answers to some of the stupid questions they ask. Why on earth would any royal ever comment on another royal's scandal?
Old 06-02-2011, 03:20 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Thanks, Iceflower

Prins Henrik: Det er synd for kong Gustaf - Politiken.dk

Well, the problems the Swedish King is facing right now are also news here in DK. And the press tried to get a comment from Prince Henrik in that regards.

The original event has been another one on the Dannebrog yesterday, June 1st.

Prince Henrik was announced 'European of the Year' during a ceremony on board,
Queen Margrethe made a surprise attendance, she wasn't listed on the calendar
prior to the event. Afterwards they met with the press and besides those unnecessary
off-topic interview questions, the following brilliant pictures were taken:

** Foto: Kongeligt højt humør da Prins Henrik blev hædret **

** ppe gallery ** Billed-Bladet gallery **
Old 06-02-2011, 05:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Prince Henrik was announced 'European of the Year' during a ceremony on board,
** Foto: Kongeligt højt humør da Prins Henrik blev hædret **
Nice pics.

It was during the speech made by chairman Erik Boel that PH and QMII too cracked up.
Erik Boel listed a number of differencies between Danish and French mentality and read out a passage with a very "French accent" and that made PH tear up with laughter.

Politiken also has an article from the event: Reportage: Endelig blev prins Henrik hædret - Politiken.dk
This passage is telling:
The sky is a delicate light blue with faint white formations of clouds and the sun is shining. For once right down on Prince Henrik.
It's after all not every day he's honored of all things. Mostly he's just scolded for being a snobby Frenchman who has never bothered to learn the Danish language proberly.
But today he'll become "European of the Year", in fact based on "that he has managed/accomplished to become Danish without compromising his French background".
That, being able to contain two nationalities in the one and same person is something that brings out respect and admiration. At least among members of the multi-political movement the Europa-Association, which aims to ensure that Europeanism will anchor/root in Denmark. (*)
But the Europa Association are well aware that not all Danes share that attitude and prefere that the Prince Consort was instead less French and much more Danish.

- The coverage on TV2 last night took a different approach. That was more about how PH is now precieved by ordinary people in general. And how that attitude has changed in recent years. Not least in light of the portrait book which was published a year or two ago and in which we got a pretty intimate picture of PH, for good or for worse.
The conclusion in the TV segment is that he has now been accepted as a slightly excentric member of the tribe and that his peculiarities have become endearing.
The comments from the public, which they showed, were that PH has also become less "stuffy" and more "rounded" (in every way, as it was pointed out) in recent years.
Prince Henrik appreciate the changed attitude, albeit that it's a bit late, as he added.
I'd say there is a good deal of truth in that, for various reasons. Time itself is the ultimate fixer of things, if you get my meaning. PH is also much more relaxed now that he has semi-retired.
But the main thing in my opinion is that PH is now occupying the backseat in earnest. M&F are taking over, some would say have taken over, as such there is more room for tolerance towards PH, now that he is no longer in the forefront.
Having said all that, I know quite a few who are less than fond of PH and that will probably never change.

(*) The Europa Movement work for increased brotherhood and integration among the European countries, as such it's a pro-EU movement and you'll find very few EU-sceptics among its members.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:28 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz View Post
One of Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik's close friends, Flemming von Lüttichau, has passed away following a long illness. He was 76, and formerly worked at the Royal Court as a Kammerherre (court chamberlin). His widow, Lena, was one of the Queen's ladies-in-waiting.
Billed-Bladet article

On May 28, Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik attended the funeral of their friend Flemming von Lüttichau at the Feldballe church.

** Pic 1 ** BB: Regentparret sagde farvel til en god ven ** translation **
Old 06-15-2011, 12:25 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Posts regarding the Queen at the Tivoli press conference have been moved to the Queen Margrethe: Work as an Artist and Scenographer thread.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Another week has passed and another issue of Billed Bladet is up.

We have a few words from Mary about Vincent and Josephine when she left the Australian embassy recently.

A bit on Frederik in Japan. I'll save that for next week, because BB states they have an interview with him in their next issue.

We have the coverage of the Regent Couple in USA.

We have something interesting in the Q&A section. About the Crown jewels. About why Princess Elizabeth have never been Rigsforstander and a little anecdote about Mary being slapped by her teacher.

We have some belated coverage of Countess Alexandra and her family in Odense Zoo. - Not much new, so I'll skip that one.

We have the latest about the Berleburg wedding.

And this:
Summary of note in Billed Bladet #24, 2011.
Dronningen har fået høreapparat - The Queen has got a hearing aide.
Written by Annelise Weimann.
http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige...reapparat.aspx

Actually she has one on both ears.
The press noticed, during the Regent Couple's visit to USA, some very disreet wirering in QMII's ears and the court confirms: "It's pretty new, but absolutely correct".

I read in another article, that the Association of the Hearing Impared, says that 300.000 use hearing aides and a similar number ought to. On average people wait seven years before they finally pull themselves together and acquire a hearing aide.

- And then there are those whose hearing is selective....

ADDED: From BT: http://www.bt.dk/danmark/har-margret...doev-i-syv-aar
Old 06-18-2011, 03:22 PM
Super Moderator

Yesterday, June 17, Queen Margrethe has attended the anniversary parade of the Royal Guard at the Royal
Guard Barracks in Copenhagen and awarded the Queen's Watch.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** sn.dk gallery: Dronning til parade **
Old 06-22-2011, 09:35 AM
Super Moderator

Today, June 22, Queen Margrethe has arrived in Århus with the royal yacht
to take up the official summer residence of Marselisborg castle.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** stiften.dk: Sronningen paa sommerferie i Aarhus **
Old 06-22-2011, 03:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you, Iceflower

A very typical arrival. QMII was recieved by the top civil servant of the area and the mayor of Aarhus.
The uniformed colourbeares were all from the Army Home Guard, and one from the police.
The local "skippers" were out as well. It's funny every time Dannebrog is near, elderly gentlemen have a tendency to dress "nautical" and strut around as if they were captains of Dannebrog. It's actually pretty charming and gives the spectators something to look at.
As always there is a sailor at the foot of the landing armed with a cutlass, - there was also one at the top of the landing. He was armed with a pistol. - It's him with the black belt.
I noticed that the Band of the Royal Lifeguard was playing. This time wearing dress uniforms.
And finally the royals dachshunds. They also provide entertainment, when they put their mark on Aarhus Harbour.
QMII's official residence is now Marselisborg Slot. But the administration of course stays home in the Yellow Mansion next to Amalienborg.

Quote:

Today, June 22, Queen Margrethe has arrived in Århus with the royal yacht
to take up the official summer residence of Marselisborg castle.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** stiften.dk: Sronningen paa sommerferie i Aarhus **
Old 06-23-2011, 06:32 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
The local "skippers" were out as well. It's funny every time Dannebrog is near, elderly gentlemen have a tendency to dress "nautical" and strut around as if they were captains of Dannebrog. It's actually pretty charming and gives the spectators something to look at.

I would love to see that myself

Billed-Bladet also has a short article about the Queen's arrival and adds why Prince Henrik wasn't there,
he's in China to do advertising for the Danish industry - quite surprising as it wasn't listed in the official
calendar..

** BB: Dronning Margrethe kom alene til Aarhus ** translation **

** sn.dk gallery: Dronningen flytter i sommerhus **

Tags
current events, prince henrik, queen margrethe, queen margrethe and prince henrik