Queen Margrethe II and Prince Henrik, Current Events 2: January 2007 - August 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the interesting information. It must be sad for the Queen to lose someone she has been so close to for so long.
It is very sad, indeed. The Queen broke off her holiday to attend Miss Armfeldt's funeral in Southern Zealand. The former Lord Chamberlain Søren Haslund-Christensen as well as the current, Ove Ullerup, did the same. As I said, Miss Armfeldt will be missed.

There's an article here from yesterday, to say that the Queen is making a film, in which she will be the scriptwriter with the father of Countess Alexandra's husband, based on a fairytale of Hans Christian Anderson.
Billed-Bladet - Margrethe laver film med Martin Jørgensens far

Translated version:
http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige/ArticleFolder/2008/9/Margrethe%20laver%20film%20med%20Martin%20Joergensens%20far.aspx translated by GramTrans

Lovely project, no doubt, but shouldn't HM spend more time on her day-job instead of all these creative projects? There are quite a few paralympic athletes, for instance, who would have loved to see their sovereign amongst them, but I guess HM was too busy with her scriptwriting.!

Lovely project, no doubt, but shouldn't HM spend more time on her day-job instead of all these creative projects? There are quite a few paralympic athletes, for instance, who would have loved to see their sovereign amongst them, but I guess HM was too busy with her scriptwriting.!

It's really funny (or sad, depends on how you look at it) that a free-lance journalist who lives on being creative should deny her queen the same right to creativity only because said queen has been born into her position and thus had to take on her duties, not choosing them as Villemann could with her professional aims.

Being creative is a part of a personality and if you feel the need to write or design, then it doesn't matter how many people wish to get something from you, you yourself have a right to do what your personality needs in order to be sustained emotionally. It's not after all that she skips meetings of her council in order to sing and dance aimlessly.

And talking about disabled sportspeople: yes, one would wish to see more officials thinking of handicapped people and their needs but so far I got the feeling that the Danish RF are really interested in helping and supporting handicapped people: maybe not attending the events Villemann chooses for them but certainly enough others to give the impression that they're caring.

Apparently Queen Margrethe II has been criticized by the Danish media for only inviting the sporters of the Olympics to the palace on the 21st of October at Fredensborg and not the sporters of the Paralympics.

Acording to the court there is no discrimination here, the paralympic sporters will be invited later and seperately.

Article (in Dutch) here.

The Queen takes part in the Queen's Parade at the Royal Life Guards and awards "H.M. The Queen's Watch" at their barracks on November 12th

Pic 1 -- Pic 2 -- Pic 3 -- Pic 4 -- Pic 5 -- Pic 6

(Imagine Scandinavia)

My good what has happend to Prince Henrik and his face ? I thourgth that he was on a diet from Italy or was it from France ?

Last edited by a moderator:
My good what has happend to Prince Henrik and his face ? I thourgth that he was on a diet from Italy or was it from France ?

I don't know, but he looks really angry in the first photo. Perhaps he was caught by surprise when the photo was taken?

Does anyone know who was invited to this hunting event?

It looks as though he has been enjoying the meals during christmas a little bit to much :whistling:

It looks as though he has been enjoying the meals during christmas a little bit to much :whistling:

I think you are rigth Lilla...if he was my dad i woud tell him that he has to lose alot of weigth and stop drinking all that redvin or perhaps starte walking a bit mor then he is use to.

I think you are rigth Lilla...if he was my dad i woud tell him that he has to lose alot of weigth and stop drinking all that redvin or perhaps starte walking a bit mor then he is use to.

:lol::lol::lol:

And if he was my dad - and I said so to him - he would say to me: "Likewise to you dear Lilla ...................." :ermm:

:lol::lol::lol:

And if he was my dad - and I said so to him - he would say to me: "Likewise to you dear Lilla ...................." :ermm:

I don´t hope that his sons turne out to be like him...not thinking of his health at all..it´s a bit scarry that a person like Prince Henrik don´t think about how he look like when he is when the press is ther an is taking pictures of him.

I don´t hope that his sons turne out to be like him...not thinking of his health at all..it´s a bit scarry that a person like Prince Henrik don´t think about how he look like when he is when the press is ther an is taking pictures of him.

I think he has got an age by now that gives him the luxury of not regarding looks as the most relevant. Living every day to the fuldest is more important.

I think he has got an age by now that gives him the luxury of not regarding looks as the most relevant. Living every day to the fuldest is more important.

Peraps you are rigth Lilla...okayyyy he is going to be 75 this year,but i know som men at thate age and they love their life and family ans is also living their day to the fuldest but don´t have that kinde of problem with their weigth like Prince Henrik has.

Can somebody translates pleas? Thanks in advance.

It has somthing to do with the galla opening of the new concert hall in Copenhagen.. apperently Queen Margrethe won´t let Countess Alexandra and her husband Martin participate the grand opening of the new concert hall next saturday,so Countess Alexandra and Martin has said declinde the invitation from the girlschorus withs Alexandra is working with.

If you ask me i think it is a story witch is maid up by som journalists who dislike the rolyal family her in Denmark.

I am almost sure this ball still has to take place on the 17 March.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom