Queen Margrethe II and Prince Henrik, Current Events 2: January 2007 - August 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Audienser

Januar - april 2008
Hendes Majestæt Dronningen giver i januar måned offentlig audiens mandagene den 14. og den 28., i februar måned mandagene den 11.og den 25., i marts måned mandagene den 10. og den 31. og i april måned mandag den 14. Alle dage på Christiansborg Slot kl. 10.00 (mødetid kl. 9.45).
Opmærksomheden henledes på, at adgang til slottet for audienssøgende finder sted ad Marmorbroen til den indre slotsgård.

Could some of the danish speakers please translate this for me as i dont understand what it means
it came from the official danish royal website here is the link
Kongehuset - Aktuelt - Audienser
:
The Queen will give public audiences in January month on the 14th and 28th, in February on mondays 11 and 25th, in March month the mondays 10th and 31st and in April monday the 14th. All of the days it will take place on Christiansborg at ten. People goiing to the audiences will have to meet by Marmorbroen in the inner courtyard.

thanks norwegianne for your translation but im sorry if this is a stupid question but can anyone go to these public audiences or do you have to be invited or have a special reason for going

Queen Margrethe took a quick trip to Stavanger, before heading to Oslo for the opening of the opera there. In Stavanger, she attended the opening of the exhibition "Slaget. Ryger på Hærferd. (The Battle. Ryger at war) at the Stavanger archeological museum.

The exhibition covers material from Denmark and Norway which shows how the Ryger (people from the area of Rogaland) travelled to Denmark for the purpose of war. The Queen noted that the exhibition shows the close relationship that is and has been between Denmark and Norway.

Dronning Margrethe på svipptur til Stavanger - VG Nett
Storfornøyd blomsterpike
Dronning Margrethe i Stavanger

Web television: Webtv - Stavanger Aftenblad - Aftenbladet.no
Webtv - Stavanger Aftenblad - Aftenbladet.no

:previous: Oh the poor dog, I hope everything turns out ok

I really wouldn't like to have been the driver of the car, running over a dog is bad enough but running over the Queen's dog :eek:

This is too sad! I hope the little doggie survives.

The Copenhagen Post

Cat

Come on it is not the first time it happens for the dogs,but i do hope it can teach the queen and prince to have their dogs in a leash.
If they don´t learn anything this time (i think it´s 3. time they lose a dog) i don´t think that they shoud have any dogs.:bang::bang::bang:

Wait till you see our swimming pool! | Art & Architecture | guardian.co.uk Arts

The Guardian reports that the Copenhagen Zoo has a new addition and that "once the Prince Consort and Prince Christian have declared the Elephant House open, the herd will be free to come and go"

Is this going to be Christian's first official engagement?

I dont think its his first official engagement, he has been on trips with his parents and to a few other but doesnt come to mind now, sorry.

For more on this event please check out the The Danish Royal Family Current Events: Part 5

On Tuesday June 10th, Queen Margrethe unofficially visited the new town hall of Kokkedal (because of the community reform two years ago in Denmark, many smaller towns/municipalities were intergrated into one). The Queen was received by the city counsel and the visit lasted for two hours - in which the Queen got an insight into the citizens service and the daily workings of the town hall.

Article & picture

:flowers:

*Many thanks to pogo99 at CPMMB

Yesterday (June 11), Prince Henrik awarded the King Frederik IX's Prize at Fredensborg Palace, to ECPower.

Press release (in Danish)

HQ Pictures: one**two**three

:flowers:

Last edited:
Yesterday (June 15), Queen Margrethe attended the naming of the Marinehjemmeværnsfartøj MHV 908 at the Aarhus Harbour

TV 2 Galleri

I see the polka-dots have made their gazillionth appearance :D

Earlier this week, Queen Margrethe & Prince Henrik attended the summer concert at Christiansholm Palace in Klampenborg

Margrethe
Henrik

:D Gotta love Henrik's outfit!

Last edited:
Are they a great couple or what??:flowers::flowers: I love it when people their age dress up like that instead of wearing "old people clothes".

Prince Henrik to have minor operation on shoulder

Prince Henrik to have minor operation on shoulder, July 18, 2008.

H.K.H. Prinsgemalens indlæggelse på Århus Sygehus
Amalienborg, 17. juli 2008
Pressemeddelelse

Det meddeles herved, at Hans Kongelige Højhed Prinsgemalen fredag den 18. juli indlægges på Århus Sygehus for at gennemgå en mindre operation af nogle sener i skulderen. Opholdet på sygehuset forventes at vare ca. et døgn.
Eventuelle spørgsmål kan rettes til undertegnede på telefon 33 40 1010.

Mogens Christensen
Kammerherre, oberst
Chef for Hans Kongelige Højhed Prinsgemalens Sekretariat

Kongehuset - Aktuelt - Nyheder

Last edited:
Hopefully HRH will have a smooth operation and a quick recovery.

Just a quick note about Wava Armfeldt. She was so much more than "just" a lady-in-waiting. She was perhaps the person closest to Queen Margrethe after her husband. Wava was the first to be told about Margrethe's love for a certain French count. It was in her apartment that Margrethe's parents (King Frederik IX and Queen Ingrid) first met Henrik. Over the years Miss Armfeldt dedicated her entire life to Margrethe and the Queen of Denmark repaid her devotion by granting Miss Armfeldt a grace and favour apartment close to Amalienborg palace in Copenhagen. Miss Armfeldt was much loved by all the Ladies and Gentlemen of the Danish court. She was a funny, lively lady and not at all grand. She will be sorely missed.

Just a quick note about Wava Armfeldt. She was so much more than "just" a lady-in-waiting. She was perhaps the person closest to Queen Margrethe after her husband. Wava was the first to be told about Margrethe's love for a certain French count. It was in her apartment that Margrethe's parents (King Frederik IX and Queen Ingrid) first met Henrik. Over the years Miss Armfeldt dedicated her entire life to Margrethe and the Queen of Denmark repaid her devotion by granting Miss Armfeldt a grace and favour apartment close to Amalienborg palace in Copenhagen. Miss Armfeldt was much loved by all the Ladies and Gentlemen of the Danish court. She was a funny, lively lady and not at all grand. She will be sorely missed.

Thanks for the interesting information. It must be sad for the Queen to lose someone she has been so close to for so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom