Queen Margrethe II and Prince Henrik, Current Events 2: January 2007 - August 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
H.M. Margrethe said:
tha fact is that he will end at 4. maby 5. place if Mary and Frederik are going to have more children.

Ekstra Bladet and other media’s recent misinterpretations of Prince Henrik’s statements in Point de Vue have yet again elicited some debate as to the ‘place’ of a prince consort in the Danish Monarchy.

HRH The Prince Consort is not and in line for the Danish throne and never will be. However, according to Danish court protocol, the spouse of the monarch is always second in terms of status, only surpassed by the monarch. When Frederik and Mary will reign, I am confident that Mary will be seen as number two by all because her husband holds the title of king and she that of queen.

In conclusion, HRH Henrik, The Prince Consort of Denmark is in fact ‘number two’, followed by HRH The Crown Prince, preceded by HM The Queen.

/Lasse Pedersen

Source (in Danish): borger.dk

Today the danish national hospital - Rigshospitalet - celebrated their 250 years birthday. I was there to get some medicine for my mother and when I came back to the lobby I suddenly stood face to face with the Queen and prince Henrik (and a couple of million of others) all on their way to an reception. As I didn't know about the birthday I was quite surprised to see the Queen that close to me. Anyway - the best part of the story is that there was free food and drinks - a good thing for a poor student like me!

:flowers:

Last edited:
Lucky you, Sophus

Has any of you seen the summer schedule for Dannebrog?

Daneborn said:
Lucky you, Sophus

Has any of you seen the summer schedule for Dannebrog?

Nope th is nothing at therir website yet.
I hope to se the all the royals in Aarhus city this easter :flowers:

I think Prince Henrik should be there with the whole family, is a big disrespect IMO not to be there and be sailling in Mallorca.

biboquinhas said:
I think Prince Henrik should be there with the whole family, is a big disrespect IMO not to be there and be sailling in Mallorca.
Be there for what? Margrethe's birthday isn't until Monday, and as stated in the press release posted by Lasse, he'll be there then. He was there over Easter with the rest of the family, walked on the beach with Joachim, Marie, Nikolai and Felix. Why shouldn't he have some time to sail if he wants?

All the family is gather now unless him who is sailling whithout his wife! I don't think that his correct even because he is Prince Henrik and he must have obligations to his country!I think he doesn't do anything in benefit of his country, I have never seen he attend public events, having some Patronages!But maybe I«am wrong....

Biboquinhas,

Prince Henrik does have engagements and I believe also patronages. If you go to the Danish Royal Watchers site and browse through past months, you can see many of the activities that Henrik does.

biboquinhas said:
All the family is gather now unless him who is sailling whithout his wife! I don't think that his correct even because he is Prince Henrik and he must have obligations to his country!I think he doesn't do anything in benefit of his country, I have never seen he attend public events, having some Patronages!But maybe I«am wrong....

biboquinhas said:
Prince Henrik's protectorates - from Kongehuset.dk:
Albert Schweizer Komitéen i Danmark
Alliance Française
De Allieredes Danske Våbenfæller
Amatørsymfonikerne
Blindes støttefond
Bloddononerne i Danmark
Danish Heritage Society of Dickson (sammen med H.M. Dronningen)
Danmarks Bridgeforbund
Danmarks Jægerforbund
Danmarks Museum for Lystsejlads
Dansk-Engelsk Selskab (sammen med H.M. Dronningen)
Dansk Epilepsiforening
Dansk Fransk Handelsunion
Dansk Møllerforening
Dansk Numismatisk Forening
Dansk Petanque Forbund
Danske Flyvere
De danske Forsvarsbrødre i København
Danske Garderforeninger i Udlandet
Dansk Kennel Klub
Dansk Korforening
Dansk militært Idrætsforbund
Dansk Røde Kors
Dansk Vandskiforbund
Dansk Vejhistorisk Selskab
EGV
Etatsorkestret
FN-Museet i Frøslevlejren
Fonden for Nyborg Fæstning
Foreningen af Officerer udenfor Aktiv tjeneste
Frantz Schubert Selskabet Danmark
Frøslevlejrens Venner
H.C. Andersen Museets Venner
Håndværker- og Industrimesserne
Den Internationale Orgelkonkurrence i Odense
Junior Chamber Danmark
Fregatten Jylland
Kattegatcentret
Kjøbenhavns Amatør-Sejlklub
Komittéen til Ulandsforeningers Kulturelle Samvirke
Kongelig Dansk Aeroklub
Københavns Akvarieforening
Københavns Drengekor
Københavns Rotary Klub
Københavnske Soldaterforeningers Samvirke
Landsforeningen af Polio-, Trafik- og Ulykkesskadede
Landskomiteen til Renovering af Fredericia Vold
Lion's Clubs International
Nicolai Malko International Competition for Young Conductors
Miljø Fonden af 1989
Museet for Fotokunst
NaturBornholm
Ebbe Munck's Mindefond (sammen med H.M. Dronningen)
Nyborg Fugleskydningsselskab af 1801
Odense Forenede Skydeselskab
Officersforeningen i København
Ordenshistorisk Selskab
Phuket Marine Biological Center
Politikompagniernes Støtteforening
Prix Littéraire des Ambassadeurs
Quercy Rail
Regates La Croix Blanche (Dansk Drageklub)
The Royal Air Forces Association, Copenhagen Branch
Scandinavian Festival of Music
Société Huguenote
Solistforeningen af 1921
Souvenir Francais
Souvenir Normand - Dansk Normannisk Selskab
Søofficers-Foreningen og Søe-Lieutenant-Selskabet
Vesterbro Ungdomsgård
Vilhelmsborg Ridecenter
Veterantogscenter Fredensborg
Zoologisk Have

He's on the board of:
De danske Kongers kronologiske Samlinger
Dronning Margrethes og Prins Henriks Fond

He's the president of:
Europa Nostra
"Comité des Patrons de la Fondation Européenne de la Culture"
WWF World Wildlife Fund, Denmark
De samvirkende Danske Forsvarsbroderselskaber
Royal Danish Yacht Club
"Association France-Danemark"
Prinsens Livregiments Soldaterforening
"International Dragon Association"

He's the chairman of:
Komiteen Kong Frederik den Niendes hæderspris for fortjenstfuld indsats for dansk eksport
Komiteen Dansk Eksportforenings diplom og Hans Kongelige Højhed Prins Henriks æresmedalje
Prins Henriks Skoles fond
bestyrelsen for Prinsgemalens Fond

Honorary Chairman or honorary member of:
"America's Cup Danmark A/S"
Marineforeningen
Aarhus Sejlklub
Tennisklubben "1900 Tennis"
Ærespræsident af Rebildselskabet
Academie de Marine
Academie de Montauban
Automobil Sports Klubben
Les Amis de l'Oeuvre et de Pensée de George Migot
l'Association Les Amis de Camille Pisarro
l'Association des Anciens du Lycée Albert Sarraut de Hanoi
l'Association Riquet et son Canal
l'Association de Sauvegarde des Eglises de Caïx et Fages
Association Internationale de Bibliophilie
Comité d'Honneur de l'Association des Amis de l'Université Paris-Sorbonne
Confrérie de la Chaine des Rôtisseurs (bailli d'honneur)
Confrérie des Chevaliers du Tastevin (commandeur)
Conservatoire Européen de Musique de Paris
The Danish Club, London
Dansk Bibliofil-klub
Dansk Gravhundeklub (sammen med H.M. Dronningen)
Det Fyenske Salutbatteri (æreskanonér)
Det kgl. Danske Geografiske Selskab
Den Danske Soldaterforening, Michigan
Deutsche Rettungsflugwacht e.V.
Foreningen til den Ædle Hesteavls Fremme
Hellerup Idræts Klub
Helsingørs Kgl. Priviligerede Skydeselskab (overordentligt medlem)
Aarhus og omegn Jagtforening
Køge og Omegns Jagtforening
International Lawn Tennis Club of Denmark
Kjøbenhavns Skytteforening
Institut d'Etude des Civilisations Normandes 1988
Det Krigsvidenskabelige Selskab
Kungliga Svenska Segelsällskapet
La Maison de la Chasse et de la Nature
Concours International d'Opera
New York Yacht Club
Officersforeningen i København
Prague Heritage Fund
Royal Thames Yacht Club, London
Sportsrideklubben
Stamford Yacht Club
Søofficers-Foreningen
Rolls-Royce Enthusiasts' Club
Vieilles Maisons Françaises
Aarhus borgerlige Skydeselskab
Det broderlige Skydeselskab i Aalborg
Aabenraa Skyttelaug.
"Maître ès Jeux" de l'Académie des Jeux Floraux de Toulouse
It might just be me, but I feel that he has plenty of protectorates and organizations he's involved it.

Just because one doesn't see as often a picture of him, or other male members of the Danish royal family, here on these forums as one does with the females, it doesn't mean that he isn't active for Denmark.

And as for the family gathering - I had presumed that to be over once Easter was done. I can't see Nikolai and Felix staying home from school and kindergarten to be with their family, and Prince Joachim has a farm to keep track of.

norwegianne said:
Prince Henrik's protectorates - from Kongehuset.dk:

It might just be me, but I feel that he has plenty of protectorates and organizations he's involved it.

Just because one doesn't see as often a picture of him, or other male members of the Danish royal family, here on these forums as one does with the females, it doesn't mean that he isn't active for Denmark.

I quite agree with you Norwegianne. Henrik has often been given a rough deal with the press and the public but I think it is high time to acknowledge him for the work he does. He really does put a lot of effort into representing Denmark, often with trade delegations. Representatives from trade and industry here have praised his efforts and his willingness to spearhead efforts to open up or extend export markets. But pictures of that apparently mostly appear in sectorial magazines :sad:.

Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik, Current Events Part 4 (May 2007 - August 2010)

what are the plans for the ruby wedding anniversary of the Queen and Prince Henrik???

Majesty magazine are doing a special section of the anniversay in the June edition

perhaps a silly question but... since the queen of denmark was visiting london, how come queen elizabeth didn't invite her or join her at the celebrations? is it perhaps because it's a danish event, rather? i find it strange. at least when other royal comes to spain, the king or other member of the royal family usually joins him of her in the visit to the country...

carlota said:
perhaps a silly question but... since the queen of denmark was visiting london, how come queen elizabeth didn't invite her or join her at the celebrations? is it perhaps because it's a danish event, rather? i find it strange. at least when other royal comes to spain, the king or other member of the royal family usually joins him of her in the visit to the country...
I think according to the pics at Polfoto, in the morning the Queen received the Ambassadors and in the afternoon, the Queen had engagements with the Military Defence in Hampshire or so and then on Friday another busy day with engagements in Romsey.

Today at 10:30am, the Queen will meet with Mexico's President at Fredensborg Slot. This is a private meeting, so I don't believe there will be many photos of this event.

To read more about it, please click here.

Finally, I have added new additions to the DRF calender. Take a look at the new events scheduled for June 2007.

Queen Margrethe II and Prince Henrik celebrate their 40th wedding anniversary today,june 10th.No grand events are scheduled to mark the day,allthough the RF will attend a concert at Tivoli in honour of Queen Ingrid.

Glorious Copenhagen,june 10th 1967:

http://www.angelfire.com/realm3/denmark/1967.html

Courtesy Ademar's wonderfull site.
:wub: :flowers:

PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE/Colourpress/Steen Brogaard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nichola said:
Happy Anniversary!! Wow, 40 years - what an achievement!!

That goes for me 2 and they have a nice and wonderful day to selebrate their big day...I think ther is about 28-30 celcius her in Denmark and the sun is shining from a blue skye.:flowers:

Last edited:
I was in Copenhagen last week - what a heat ! Seriously, I was expecting a nice fresh temperature and I walked into a Sauna..Kidding,it was very nice, I hope the're having a great day, celebrating their 40th anniversary. :flowers:

Fantastic pictures ! The Danish Royal Family publishes the best pictures ! :wub:
All the kids look so cute, and it was great seeing the little one, once more..

The pictures of the Royal Couple and their grandchildren are wonderful! :wub:
The boys and the girl all look so adorable and MII and Henrik look so proud!
I especially love the picture with all grandchildren:
When I first looked at the picture I thought Lillepge had a bow in her hair;) .

Well, it's fantastic to see the 4 cousins together.

Btw, the picture of Margrethe and Henrik looking at each other is very lovely too!

what a sweet way to celebrate their anniversary with these photos. i adore the look in grampa henris eyes holding his little granddaugher. she looks so big. unfortunate position of henris hanky makes it look like she's got an out of control bow on her head :)
delightful idea and i love lillepigens first official photo op is with her grandparents on such a happy occasion.

Wonderful pictures! Margrethe and Henrik seem so happy and proud and their picture looking to each other shows they're still in love, even after 40 years of marriage. And the kids are adorable, specially Felix, always smiling :wub: .

Yeah, it´s so nice to see the pictures of the proud grandparents and their 4 adorable grandchildren!

The boys are beautiful kids. Nikolai and Felix will be handsome guys after growing up. Christian looks so cute with his round cheek. I have little to praise the little princess, since babys look quite the same for me. But I am sure she will be a beauty. Can´t wait until the royal baptism.

Love Henrik's tie :lol:
I have grown quite fond of prince Henrik's little dress quirks I must admit - whether it is the colours that stand out or Mickey Mouse in profile!

Last edited by a moderator:
The regent couple looks wonderfull, so in love, happy and proud of their 4 grandchildren. I wish them the best!
The children are so sweet. I still think that the little one looks like Frederik. Henrik is delighted when he holds her in his arms

lucien said:
Some more from the wedding:

Danish Royal Watchers: Margrethe's & Henrik's 40th wedding anniversary

We'll see much more of the Royal couple and many family members tonight as they will attend a concert at Tivoli in honour of Queen Ingrid.
:flowers:

One of the photo from website of Danish royal watchers shows the Queen being greeted by a morning song. So te me Her Majesty seems strange with these long not tied hair....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom