Queen Margrethe II and Prince Henrik, Current Events 2: January 2007 - August 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Day Visit to Denmark by the Czech President; February 2nd, 2010

HM the Queen receives Czech President Klaus Vaclac of Christian IX's Palace, Amalienborg at
11.30​

Does anyone know if this will turn into an official visit and if any other member of the family will attened?

Iceflower, P.Henrik doesnt represent or is patron of LEGO or anything, correct?
Its just interesting that they choose someone quite high to represent.

No, I don't think he's a patron or an official representative,
it would actually surprise me if he was, as it's a big company..

Prince Henrik made a tour through Egypt during the last days,
following the official opening of the museum in Cairo on Monday.
He was accompanied by some friends, including Henrik's 23 year
old nephew, Bertrand de Monpezat, Gunnar Nielsen, who works
as a physiotherapist and trainer or Jacob Johannsen who often
travels with the Prince on private occasions.

Here are some pics, more can be found in the following link:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** Prins Henrik i Egypten med vennerne - se de private billeder **

The article says that the pics are private ones.

Well, as you can see for example in the second pic I've posted,
the exhibition of the children's museum on the ancient Egyptian
culture and civilization features LEGO models representing Egyptian
antiquities. LEGO is a Danish company, so I would say they asked
for a special representative from Denmark :)

Ahhh hadn't noticed that. :)
Thank you for the information, its wonderful that prince Henrik came out. :flowers:

Does anyone know if this will turn into an official visit and if any other member of the family will attened?

Wow, I didn't know that he is planning visit of Denmark. I will try to find more info on czech website;)

On Czech president's websites it is written that it is his work travel and that he will be received by HM Margrethe II and he will meet the head of parliament Thore Pedersen, so I think that other members will not attend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I dont speak frech, but for what I can understand, according to the Académie des Sciences d'Outre-Mer, Prince Henrik will give a conference on the theme "The Monpezat: 3 generation of a family in Indochine", is this right?
Maybe some frech speaker could confrim this.
Académie des Sciences d'Outre-Mer

Danish Queen Queen Margrethe receives Czech President Vaclav Klaus
on February 2, 2010 at Amalienborg Royal Palace in Copenhagen.

Klaus came to promote and talk about his 2007 book "Blue Planet in
Green Chains -- What is Endangered: Climate or Freedom?" in which he
advocates that the current environment ideology is threatening world
economy and people's freedom.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga **

Hre is also the picture (wthout text, so I think it is better;))
Klaus se setkal s dánskou královnou*– Novinky.cz

Danish Queen Queen Margrethe receives Czech President Vaclav Klaus
on February 2, 2010 at Amalienborg Royal Palace in Copenhagen.

Klaus came to promote and talk about his 2007 book "Blue Planet in
Green Chains -- What is Endangered: Climate or Freedom?" in which he
advocates that the current environment ideology is threatening world
economy and people's freedom.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga **

He gave this book to the queen like a present.

Last edited by a moderator:

Prince Henrik made a tour through Egypt during the last days,
following the official opening of the museum in Cairo on Monday.
He was accompanied by some friends, including Henrik's 23 year
old nephew, Bertrand de Monpezat, Gunnar Nielsen, who works
as a physiotherapist and trainer or Jacob Johannsen who often
travels with the Prince on private occasions.

Some more pics of the trip to Egypt have been released, including
some funny ones. I guess it's Bertrand de Monpezat on the first,
isn't it?!

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Day Visit to Denmark by the German President; February 16th, 2010

Queen Margrethe II and her sister Princess Benedikte welcome German
President Horst Koehler at Amalienburg Palace in Copenhagen, Germany,
16 February 2010. Koehler is on a one-day visit to Denmark to attend
the opening of the exhibition 'Belief - Strength - Love, Denmark-Saxony
1548-1709'.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Pics from the exhibition of German Art at the Rosenborg Castle:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 **

_______

Last edited:
Another picture via ANP from the museum visit

Apparentley there was a lunch

HM the Queen is hosting a lunch for the German Federal President Horst Köhler and Minister of Saxony Stanislaw Tillich in Christian VII's Palace at
12.30​

Last edited:
Is Princess Benedikte living in Germany or in Denemark. She attends all the official events alone.

My understanding is that she pretty much splits her time between both, although she is maybe slightly more in Germany. Her husband usually does not come with her when she goes to Denmark - I don't think Richard much cares for being a part of the royal menagerie, and I think he's much happier on his estate in the countryside than he is at court.

First time I've ever heard of a Day Trip between Heads of State. I suppose that would be convenient in Europe where countires are relativley close together.

Today the sarcophags for Queen margrethe and Prince Henrike qwhere presented. When the time comes they will be buried in it. The sarcophaghes will be be places in St. Birgitte's Chapel inside Roskilde Domkirke. the Chapel is next to the Glücksborg Chapel whre the sarcophages of King Christian IX. and Queen Louise, King Frederik VIII and Queen Lovia, King Christian X. and Queen Alexandrine are.
The sarcophages are designed by Bjorn Noorgaard who among others also made the tapestries who are hanging at the Riddersaal of Christansborg Castle.

Google Oversæt

Google Oversæt

Google Oversæt

Even though this is probably a fairly standard procedure for royals, I really did not want to see that! Sure, it's important to be prepared for death, but I wish this could've been kept private. This way, for me, it feels like a funeral is just around the corner! Makes me uneasy and sad!

Even though this is probably a fairly standard procedure for royals, I really did not want to see that! Sure, it's important to be prepared for death, but I wish this could've been kept private. This way, for me, it feels like a funeral is just around the corner! Makes me uneasy and sad!

Well, I am glad that thing seem to be well prepared. And the fact is that the sarcophagus takes about 6-7 years to make, so I don't think anyone expects their deaths to be an iminent threat...

I agree that while it's probably the normal thing to do for royalty, it is a little morbid.

It takes 6-7 years to make a royal sarcophagus? What happens if a young royal dies unexpectedly - for instance, what if Fred or Mary dropped dead of an undetected brain tumor tomorrow? I'm assuming there's no sarcophagus ready for either of them.

Interesting to say the least.
Were Queen Ingrid and King Frederik IX not buried in Glücksborg Chapel?
And are any other royals buried in sarcophargus'?

I agree that while it's probably the normal thing to do for royalty, it is a little morbid.

It takes 6-7 years to make a royal sarcophagus? What happens if a young royal dies unexpectedly - for instance, what if Fred or Mary dropped dead of an undetected brain tumor tomorrow? I'm assuming there's no sarcophagus ready for either of them.

Actually, some sarcophagus have only been completed after the persons have died. Apparently, the sarcophagus for Frederik IX was completed long after he was buried.

Interesting to say the least.
Were Queen Ingrid and King Frederik IX not buried in Glücksborg Chapel?
And are any other royals buried in sarcophargus'?

No both Queen Ingrid and King Frederik IX are buried outeside the Chathedral in Roskilde. As i remember it ther is made a huge shipanchor for the graveside of the King and Queen.

No both Queen Ingrid and King Frederik IX are buried outeside the Chathedral in Roskilde. As i remember it ther is made a huge shipanchor for the graveside of the King and Queen.

The gracestone shows and anchor. But the Octagon was only build after the death of King Frederik IX. and was only ready in 1985. Before it was ready the coffin of the King was standing inside the Glücksborg Chapel.

What order has the painter placed on Margrethe, UserDane? It looks like the Norwegian Order of St Olav. Or is it another Danish order that I'm not aware of? :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom