Queen Margrethe II and Prince Henrik, Current Events 2: January 2007 - August 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics 12.11.2009

Queen Margrethe visited the annual celebrations of the
University of Copenhagen, Denmark, November 12, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Two events in one picture gallery, dated November 12, 2009

1. Copenhagen Queen Margrethe attends the celebration of honour at the University in Copenhagen
2. Queen Margrethe at a concert at the Opera in Copenhagen.

Picture Gallery PPE

How funny. Doesn't every girl want a dish named after her? :D

Queen Margrethe handed out "The Queen's Watch" to Jonas
Nielsen of the Royal Life Guard at a parade, Copenhagen,
Denmark, November 18, 2009

Pics 28.11.2009

Queen Margrethe christened the Marine Home Guards new
boat MHV 911 in in Dragör, Denmark, November 28, 2009:

:previous:
Beautiful picture of Margrethe. She has looked rather wonderful lately. :)

2009 Christmas Card

Has anyone seen the Christmas card for 2009? Have they been sent or published yet?

I loved the summer photo shoot with the Crown Princely family in red and white, and the balloons.

Has anyone seen the Christmas card for 2009? Have they been sent or published yet?

I loved the summer photo shoot with the Crown Princely family in red and white, and the balloons.

Which photo shoot are you speaking off? :)

Sigh. They ARE cute kids.

I suppose I considered the August shoot as something at least semi-official, as the family was dressed in variations of the red and white of Denmark and I would thnk the photogs would have been invited.

But no word on the Christmas card? I know I never saw the one for the Royal House or Royal Family for last year, either.

Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik attend an ecumenical celebration in
the Church of Our Lady in Copenhagen, Sunday, Dec. 13, 2009.

Shortly after the service Denmark's churches rang their bells 350 times
which was the central act of a worldwide international bell ringing initiative.
The bell ringing symbolizes the 350 parts per million that mark the safe
upper limit for carbon dioxide (CO2) in the atmosphere according to
scientists.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

I don't know if this was posted before and I'm not sure where exactly I should put it. So forgive me, if I make a mistake. :flowers:

JJ Film presents a portrait af H.M. Dronning Margrethe II - expected realease spring 2010. This is the trailer:

YouTube - Trailer - Dronningens Danmark

I would love to know what she is saying - obviously she is talking at one point about archaeology. The Queen has a very gentle-sounding voice.

Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik attended - as every year -
a private New Year's Party with friends, this year the theme
was "Venice", the following article link from billed-bladet includes
two pics:

Sådan var dronningen klædt ud til nytår
(How the Queen was dressed for New Year)

I'm not whether this is the correct thread to ask this question but...I read in one of the Australian woman's magazines that Queen Margrethe will be retiring as Queen in May 2010. Is this likely to happen? Or is this just another attempt at a second rate magazine to sell more copies? :flowers:

:previous:

Simply speculation on behalf of the magazine. Nothing has been stated as such by the Royal Court, and I doubt the Queen would abdicate anyway.

This should probably go in current events, but I'm not a mod. :flowers: I personally think this is HIGHLY unlikely. Margrethe has stated in the past that she views the job as a job for life and that she will stay on the throne til she falls off. Unless something's drastically changed, and we don't have any hard evidence that it has, there's no reason for her to suddenly abdicate. However, it probably does sell papers (especially in Australia, where they can focus on the fact that this will make the Tasmanian Mary Queen.) ;)

I don't know if this was posted before and I'm not sure where exactly I should put it. So forgive me, if I make a mistake. :flowers:

JJ Film presents a portrait af H.M. Dronning Margrethe II - expected realease spring 2010. This is the trailer:

YouTube - Trailer - Dronningens Danmark

The trailer was great and it looks as if it will be a fascinating film about Queen Margrethe. It is always a regret for me that I shall never know or understand my own monarch (Queen Elizabeth) in such a personal and real way as this film portrays.

This should probably go in current events, but I'm not a mod. :flowers: I personally think this is HIGHLY unlikely. Margrethe has stated in the past that she views the job as a job for life and that she will stay on the throne til she falls off. Unless something's drastically changed, and we don't have any hard evidence that it has, there's no reason for her to suddenly abdicate. However, it probably does sell papers (especially in Australia, where they can focus on the fact that this will make the Tasmanian Mary Queen.) ;)

Thanks for your response. I don't understand though why the topic of Tasmania came up. :flowers:

Thanks for your response. I don't understand though why the topic of Tasmania came up. :flowers:

If Margrethe abdicates, Mary a Tasmanian will become Queen. Just as the wedding did, that will cause quite a few celebrations. :)

Remember that Mary is often seen as 'our Mary' as she was born and raised here so anything about her will sell and the No Idea or Woman's Drivel are very good at making up stories but then again two years ago No Idea was right in their January edition about where Prince Harry was and no one else reported it for another two months so...

When she does become Queen Consort of Denmark the Australian press will go into overdrive about 'our Queen Mary' totally insulting the woman who truly is our Queen - Elizabeth II.

Billed-Bladet is reporting that Prince Henrik has gotten rid of his cane:

Billed-Bladet - Prins Henrik har smidt stokken

The article states that he has been doing rehabilitative exercises. They have helped him to improve so much that he no longer needs the cane he has been using since July 2008.

BB is reporting that Queen and Prince Henrik attended a New Years party which was hosted by a friend which took place in his castle North of Copenhagen

Article

Zahi Hawass, head of Egypt's Supreme Council of Antiquities,
and Prince Henrik cut a ribbon during the opening ceremony
of the Children's Museum, a new section of the Egyptian
Museum, in Cairo on January 18, 2009.

Was there any specific reason why Henrik went to Cairo?
Wonderful pictures. :flowers:

Was there any specific reason why Henrik went to Cairo?
Wonderful pictures. :flowers:

Well, as you can see for example in the second pic I've posted,
the exhibition of the children's museum on the ancient Egyptian
culture and civilization features LEGO models representing Egyptian
antiquities. LEGO is a Danish company, so I would say they asked
for a special representative from Denmark :)

Iceflower, P.Henrik doesnt represent or is patron of LEGO or anything, correct?
Its just interesting that they choose someone quite high to represent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom