Queen Margrethe II and Prince Henrik, Current Events 2: January 2007 - August 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics 2.9.2009

Prince Henrik and Queen Margrethe attended the opening of
an exhibition at Silkeborg Art Museum. September 2, 2009.
It's called "For Gods, Spirits and Ancestors Art from Africa."
and the items ate from the private collection of Prince Henrik
again.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Prince Henrik will not participate in any royal hunts. His advanced age, shoulder problems, and other health concerns are preventing him from being able to keep up with the activity required during the hunts, according to this article:
Prins Henrik opgiver jagt - Royale - BT.dk

The prince also has gout, back pain, and an arm problem that keeps him from being able to properly handle the rifle.

Prince Henrik will not participate in any royal hunts. His advanced age, shoulder problems, and other health concerns are preventing him from being able to keep up with the activity required during the hunts, according to this article:
Prins Henrik opgiver jagt - Royale - BT.dk

The prince also has gout, back pain, and an arm problem that keeps him from being able to properly handle the rifle.

Oh how awful, he sounds like he has real trouble. Is he being treated for what he has? :)

:previous: The article didn't mention treatment, but I would be very surprised if he wasn't receiving some sort of treatment. I have read in previous articles that he does work with a physical trainer.

I wonder if Prince Henrik has a "morphine treatment" to support his various health problems that should be a reason he looks a bit fat ?

:previous: Not sure about his weight, but here is an article that says Prince Henrik is still participating in hunts (just in a slightly different way):
World’s first royal GPS hunt

He hid the first royal geocache near his house in France. GPS hunting has become very popular throughout the world, and Prince Henrik is the first royal to participate in GPS hunting. His participation has been confirmed.

Pics 20.9.2009

Queen Margrethe attends the 150th anniversary of The Danish
Jockey Club at Copenhagen Racecourse in Klampenborg, Sept.
20, 2009

It's the same outfit the Queen already wore last week at the
end of the summer cruise :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** ppe gallery **

Here's a photo and an article about the Queen's visit to the Danish Jockey Club:
sn.dk - Sjællands Nyheder - Danmark

The article says that the honorary prize went to Swedish rider Annika Sjokvist. It also says that women jockeys have been more prevalent due to a shortage of male jockeys. And that the women who have been riding have done so well that they have done better than men in this traditionally male-dominated sport.

Prince Henrik attended an exhibition on September 21,
2009 and seems to have enjoyed it a lot :) but I
couldn't find any additional information about it:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

:previous: It is great to see Prince Henrik again. I feel like it has been awhile since we have last seen him. He looks healthy and happy in the photos. Thanks for the link, Iceflower!

I'm happy to see prince Henrik well too. I was missing him.

BB is reporting that P.Henrik is opening 10 Liquor stores in China, the Shanghai branch will be opened by the Prince himself
Article in English

Are these liquor stores somehow related to his winery?

Yes they are from his Chateau de Cayx place.
The article also says he will be travelling to China for 14 days. They also suggesting to call the wine "The French Viking's Cellar".

Last edited:
Prince Henrik will visit Russia on October 13. He will present first official Russian translation of cookbook - "Prince Henrik's recipes: Danish Royal cuisine" ("Рецепты принца Хенрика. Королевская кухня Дании").
The presentation will take place in the book house "Moscow" (дом книги "Москва").

I hope the Prince will enjoy his visit. :)

This article from Svensk Damtidning discusses a 'secret' visit Henrik made on October 6th to Malmö for the 70th anniversary celebration of Alliance Francaise at the Malmö Town Hall. Henrik apparently took the podium at the event and read several poems in his mother tongue, French. The magazine reports that Henrik mingled with the guests, and even spoke with the SD reporter (there is a picture of them together).

Prince Henrik will visit Russia on October 13. He will present first official Russian translation of cookbook - "Prince Henrik's recipes: Danish Royal cuisine" ("Рецепты принца Хенрика. Королевская кухня Дании").
The presentation will take place in the book house "Moscow" (дом книги "Москва").

I hope the Prince will enjoy his visit. :)

It seems he did :)

Here are some pics from today:

Henrik, Prince Consort of Denmark, holds a launch party for his cookbook
titled "Prince Henrik's recipes: Danish Royal cuisine" at Moskva bookstore,
Russia, October 13, 2009:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga **

I didn't know he was into cooking. You learn something new every day!

Thank you for those pictures from Moscow, iceflower! :flowers:
If this picture is anything to go by, he certainly enjoyed the visit. ;)

Pics 18.10.2009

Queen Margrethe at her arrival at the ballet premiere "A Midsummers
Dream", dancers of the Italian Teatro Alla Scala Ballet Compagny
performed in Aalborg, Denmark, Sunday evening October 18. 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

I like Queen Margrethe's skirt and shoes, she is a good-looking woman!:previous:
She has also a perfect body.

Isnt QM really into ballet? its good seeing her & her supporting such events.
Is that a new outfit, dont recall seeing it before.
Thanks iceflower for the pictures.

Ive moved all posts on the new book about Quuen Margrethe giving up the throne to this thread

Thank you :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom