Queen Margrethe II and Prince Henrik, Current Events 2: January 2007 - August 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to close this thread as it has reached 10 pages. The new thread can be found here.

Thanks, and happy posting.

Happy Birthday Prince Henrik
he was such a dashingly handsome young man and they are so in love in their wedding photos OMG is beautiful to see 40 years later the love is even deeper. he's my favorite of all the grandpa consorts. he just seems like the kind of man with old world manners (you know he stands up when a woman walks in the room (my dad still does, usually the only one) and is charming and funny with an open loving relationship with his grandchildren. no wonder the queen is still openly crazy about him.

great pics! thanks KikkiB!! Denamark has a wonderful royal family.

Aquarela said:
great pics! thanks KikkiB!! Denamark has a wonderful royal family.

Aquarela, I agree with you.
DRF are nice and very simple.

Thanks for the photos, I think it's lovely that they included their grandchildren in their photos.

However I hope that doesn't detract from the fact that they are celebrating such a milestone.

Little_star said:
Thanks for the photos, I think it's lovely that they included their grandchildren in their photos.

However I hope that doesn't detract from the fact that they are celebrating such a milestone.

I don't think that it will. I think that Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik wanted to show something that makes them happy, and I really can't think of anything that makes them happier than their grandchildren. They have Nikolai and Felix, who are both growing up fast, Prince Christian, who is just too cute for words, and they are still over the moon about their grandaughter, who is already getting spoiled by all those boys, you can tell.

No but 40 years is such a massive achievement and it's easy to forget that when looking at all those cute little faces.

I found a close-up of Lillepigen when Henrik's holding her...

http://littleroyals.web-log.nl/photos/uncategorized/kleindochter.jpg

This is from a blog called littleroyals. It's in Dutch, so I don't know where they got it! Sorry!

But anyway, Henrik's tie has Mickey Mouses on it. I thought that was a really sweet idea for having a picture with his grandkids. I'm sure Mickey is something that even little Christian recognizes. I bet it's a favorite with the grandkids.

Sorry if it's OT, but I just thought that it was cool that Henrik likes Mickey Mouse, just like me!

Last edited by a moderator:
On June 13, the reigning couple arrived at Holbæk aboard The Royal Yacht at
At 10am they payed a visit to Holbæk and Ruds Vedby.

Here is a short [url=http://www.dr.dk/extention/playWindowsMediaODP.aframe?id=264174&ListType=nyheder&bitrate=low]clip[/url]

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/Photos of the day can be viewed via the link above. Thanks to Santa for finding the Soren Steffen photos originally.:)

At 7:30pm they held a reception at Kongeskibet. To read more about the reigning couple's current events, please click http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/here which will take you to the June 2007 calender.

According to the June 2007 calender, on June 14 at 10am
the reigning couple arrived at Frederiksværk aboard The Royal Yacht at and pay a visit to the town.

At 7:30pm a reception aboard the royal yacht Dannebrog.

Click http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/here to see what happened.

article from hellomagazine Royal grandkids help royal couple mark ruby anniversary

Royal grandkids help royal couple mark ruby anniversary
11 JUNE 2007

When deciding on the official images to commemorate their 40th wedding anniversary, doting grandparents Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik knew exactly what they wanted. The Danish royals chose to mark the special occasion by posing with the youngest members of the royal brood - for a series of snaps with their four grandchildren.

Last edited by a moderator:
For anyone who is interested, Queen Margrethe and the Prince Consort along with Frederik are in Norway celebrating Queen Sonja's 70th birthday.

The reigning couple will sail on the royal yacht Dannebrog alongside the Norge, royal house of Norway's yacht.

To view the amazing events that have already happended please click here to see the latest photos and articles.

:flowers:

Danish Queen to Visit South Korea

Queen Margrethe of Denmark will visit South Korea in October upon the invitation of President Roh Moo-hyun, the government said Thursday.
The 67-year-old monarch and her French-born husband, Prince Henrik, will be in Seoul Oct. 8-10.

Danish Queen to Visit South Korea - Forbes.com

Nordjyske.dk

Today Prince Henrik and the royal yacht Dannebrog was involved in a rescue operation north of Skagen (the peninsula north of Jutland).

As the Dannebrog was getting ready to assist 4 Norwegian sailers in distress a rapid rescue vessel from Skagen turned up and towed the unfortunate boat to Skagen.

Prince Henrik was monitoring from the ship's bridge (along with the captain).

TV 2 Nyhederne - Kongeskibet til undsætning

There was a really good clip on TV2-news, but it's a little hard to link to.
it's from TV 2 Nyhederne then you click on Video and the text ''Kort nyt: Indland'' (short news domestic). It starts with a report from a car crash in Emdrup north of Copenhagen, and then the news about Dannebrog comes up.

Winds on Skagerrak were heavy this night with all high speed crafts connecting Scandinavian harbours being cancelled.

There will be a photo shoot with the RF at Graasten Palace on august 4th,
followed by a meeting with the press at the chateau in France on august 7th.
:flowers:

I hope that Her Majesty will be with her charming dachsund during the photo session as it was last year....

In the latest edition of Billed Bladet, the journalist believes that when Queen Margrethe and the Prince Consort will have their annual press conference at Caix, that she might announce thef engagement between Marie and Joachim, "Queen Margrethe may divulge the secret about a royal engaged at the press conference at Cayx." This year there is some stress about the whole thing and what the queen has to and might say. They note that in the past Margrethe accidently acknowleged Mary in 2003 prior to the official engagement announcement in October 2003.

So come next Tuesday everyone is overly excited to know whether or not Margrethe will spill the beans again, and acknowledge Marie as a "lovely person" or accidently announce that Joachim is indeed engaged to be married.

It won't happen, but it's a nice thought.

To read and see the photo yourself, please click here.

He is wearing a gold chain round his neck :D
her sandels are also very unflattering, she is not as chique as Sofia

Well Queen Sofia doent have bad knees like Queen Margrethe does. She have had many surgerys for that, so i can absolutely understand that she wears those sandals that are good for her

BerlingskeSøndag today has extracts (Dronning Margrethe: Et held at kongefamilien ikke kom til at bo på Christiansborg - Danmark) from a new book 'Borgen - Christiansborg 100 år' which has just been published and which is written by an editor and a political commentator at Berlingske Tidende - about Christiansborg and democracy and some about the monarchy. Margrethe is quoted for saying how she and her parents - and her grandparents - were happy that the royal family didn't have to live at Christiansborg (the seat of the Parliament) though it was originally planned so but instead could live at Amalienborg. The article has some interesting observations from Margrethe from the time she became queen - of the need to change and be able to change but also the need to understand when not to push for change.

Danish Queen Margrethe explains about the new ballet "The Brave Tinsoldier" after at fairytale of H.C. Andersen on a presseconference in Copenhagen November 6, 2007. The Queen is scenographer and has made the costumes for the ballet and has also made the poster for the show (ANP)

on stage 1 -- on stage 2 -- pic 1 -- pic 2 -- pic 3 -- pic 4 -- pic 5

Denmarks Prince Consort Henrik, at Fredensborg Palace Monday November 12. 2007 at the presentation of his new Book "Helt Magnifique" on the ancient royal kitchen, the book written together with Barbara Zalewski (ANP)

pic 1 -- pic 2 -- pic 3 -- pic 4 -- pic 5 -- pic 6 -- pic 7 -- pic 8

Queen Margrethe of Denmark and Prince Consort Henrik paid a visit to the Danish Supreme Court, the first since 1986, Tuesday 13. November (anp pictures)

Pic 1 -- Pic 2 -- Pic 3 -- Pic 4 -- Pic 5

Queen Margrethe of Denmark and Prince Consort Henrik arrives at the annual festival at the Copenhagen University Thursday, Nov 15, 2007 (ANP)

Pic 1 -- Pic 2 -- Pic 3

Apparently Prince Henrik is having some problems with his wine and he had to take many bottles back from the stores in Denmark. There was a mistake made with the korks of the bottles of red wine from Chateau Caix 1999. The problem is that the korks don´t do of as they were too long! The bottles were sent back to France where they will be re-bottled.

source: royalblog.nl

I was surprised to find that the Queen's new year's speach was better than ever this year.

She touched so many delicate subjects with her firm, yet gentle voice; like the power of materialism and development and our responsibility for those not included to the party, the climate change and our personal responsibility for it, and she welcomed all foreigners to Denmark. She also kind of touched the battles on the streets of Copenhagen between youngsters and the police in the spring. Her mimique at approx. 2.40 - 2.50 into the speech is priceless.

Plus the usual greetings to the army, the Foroyar Islands and Greenland. She mentioned princess Isabella and Marie Cavallier by name.

I suspect she has a new ghost writer at the chancellor's office. The ''bridges'' between subjects, and the vivid imaginative descriptions, were brilliant.

40% of the Danes watch the speach live on TV on Dec 31st.

TV 2 Nyhederne - Dronningens nytårstale 2007

Prince Henrik is interviewed in this week's edition of Billedbladet. Here are some highlights:

* He talks about his wine production, and how the funding of the wine is done by him, by money he inherited from his father. The winery goes well, both production-wise and financially.

* He could imagine retiring, and have more time to do things for himself. He feels more tired, and have started down-sizing his protectorates some, by giving 10% of them to the younger generation. He does, however, believe that the monarch should sit on the throne as long as they live. Born a king/queen, die a king/queen.

* Not surprisingly - we don't know everything that goes on behind the palace walls - he mentions that he has loads of meetings that the press isn't informed about.

* He has talked with his children about taking over at Cayx, but they say that it is his domain. (Joachim seems to be an obvious choice to take it over, and they've talked about it, but not decided anything).

* He doesn't smoke - and haven't done so for 12 years.

* He doesn't think it is as difficult for Mary and Marie to get into the royal family as it is to get into a new country with a different culture. But they have to get used to less freedom, with longer work days (eight in the morning to midnight, frequently).

* He has never contemplated divorce, as he sees divorce as the ultimate failure. He and the Queen tried talking Prince Joachim out of the divorce with Alexandra.

he sees divorce as the ultimate failure. He and the Queen tried talking Prince Joachim out of the divorce with Alexandra.

:ohmy:...I had to read this one twice... well, at least we can't say the Prince is overly diplomatic, especially considering he is a former diplomat....

Last edited:
Audienser

Januar - april 2008
Hendes Majestæt Dronningen giver i januar måned offentlig audiens mandagene den 14. og den 28., i februar måned mandagene den 11.og den 25., i marts måned mandagene den 10. og den 31. og i april måned mandag den 14. Alle dage på Christiansborg Slot kl. 10.00 (mødetid kl. 9.45).
Opmærksomheden henledes på, at adgang til slottet for audienssøgende finder sted ad Marmorbroen til den indre slotsgård.

Could some of the danish speakers please translate this for me as i dont understand what it means
it came from the official danish royal website here is the link
Kongehuset - Aktuelt - Audienser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom