The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 07:12 AM
Administrator

Pics 2.9.2009

Prince Henrik and Queen Margrethe attended the opening of
an exhibition at Silkeborg Art Museum. September 2, 2009.
It's called "For Gods, Spirits and Ancestors Art from Africa."
and the items ate from the private collection of Prince Henrik
again.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Old 09-07-2009, 12:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Henrik will not participate in any royal hunts. His advanced age, shoulder problems, and other health concerns are preventing him from being able to keep up with the activity required during the hunts, according to this article:
Prins Henrik opgiver jagt - Royale - BT.dk

The prince also has gout, back pain, and an arm problem that keeps him from being able to properly handle the rifle.

Old 09-07-2009, 03:44 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
Prince Henrik will not participate in any royal hunts. His advanced age, shoulder problems, and other health concerns are preventing him from being able to keep up with the activity required during the hunts, according to this article:
Prins Henrik opgiver jagt - Royale - BT.dk

The prince also has gout, back pain, and an arm problem that keeps him from being able to properly handle the rifle.
Oh how awful, he sounds like he has real trouble. Is he being treated for what he has?
Old 09-07-2009, 05:40 PM
Heir Apparent

The article didn't mention treatment, but I would be very surprised if he wasn't receiving some sort of treatment. I have read in previous articles that he does work with a physical trainer.
Old 09-07-2009, 05:47 PM
Heir Apparent

I wonder if Prince Henrik has a "morphine treatment" to support his various health problems that should be a reason he looks a bit fat ?
Old 09-07-2009, 08:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Not sure about his weight, but here is an article that says Prince Henrik is still participating in hunts (just in a slightly different way):
World’s first royal GPS hunt

He hid the first royal geocache near his house in France. GPS hunting has become very popular throughout the world, and Prince Henrik is the first royal to participate in GPS hunting. His participation has been confirmed.
Old 09-19-2009, 10:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Courtesy of PPE.

Queen Margrethe at an exhibition at Charlottenborg Castle (17/09/2009).

http://i36.tinypic.com/ifafb5.jpg
http://i34.tinypic.com/e7ywc9.jpg
http://i35.tinypic.com/n528b7.jpg
http://i38.tinypic.com/2utp45l.jpg
Old 09-21-2009, 06:25 AM
Administrator

Pics 20.9.2009

Queen Margrethe attends the 150th anniversary of The Danish
Jockey Club at Copenhagen Racecourse in Klampenborg, Sept.
20, 2009

It's the same outfit the Queen already wore last week at the
end of the summer cruise

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** ppe gallery **
Old 09-21-2009, 08:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Here's a photo and an article about the Queen's visit to the Danish Jockey Club:
sn.dk - Sjśllands Nyheder - Danmark

The article says that the honorary prize went to Swedish rider Annika Sjokvist. It also says that women jockeys have been more prevalent due to a shortage of male jockeys. And that the women who have been riding have done so well that they have done better than men in this traditionally male-dominated sport.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:25 PM
Administrator

Prince Henrik attended an exhibition on September 21,
2009 and seems to have enjoyed it a lot but I
couldn't find any additional information about it:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **
Old 09-26-2009, 11:26 AM
Heir Apparent

It is great to see Prince Henrik again. I feel like it has been awhile since we have last seen him. He looks healthy and happy in the photos. Thanks for the link, Iceflower!
Old 09-26-2009, 11:34 AM
Courtier

I'm happy to see prince Henrik well too. I was missing him.
Old 10-03-2009, 07:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Courtesy of PPE.

Prince Henrik attended the opening of a new exhibition at the National Museum (2/10/2009).

http://i37.tinypic.com/2v35ukh.jpg
http://i37.tinypic.com/rkxzzb.jpg
http://i37.tinypic.com/2hhzt74.jpg

PPE Agency
Old 10-04-2009, 05:11 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

BB is reporting that P.Henrik is opening 10 Liquor stores in China, the Shanghai branch will be opened by the Prince himself
Article in English
Old 10-04-2009, 03:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
BB is reporting that P.Henrik is opening 10 Liquor stores in China, the Shanghai branch will be opened by the Prince himself
Article in English
Are these liquor stores somehow related to his winery?
Old 10-04-2009, 03:35 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
Are these liquor stores somehow related to his winery?
Yes they are from his Chateau de Cayx place.
The article also says he will be travelling to China for 14 days. They also suggesting to call the wine "The French Viking's Cellar".
Old 10-07-2009, 06:14 PM
Courtier

Prince Henrik will visit Russia on October 13. He will present first official Russian translation of cookbook - "Prince Henrik's recipes: Danish Royal cuisine" ("Рецепты принца Хенрика. Королевская кухня Дании").
The presentation will take place in the book house "Moscow" (дом книги "Москва").

I hope the Prince will enjoy his visit.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:20 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

This article from Svensk Damtidning discusses a 'secret' visit Henrik made on October 6th to MalmŲ for the 70th anniversary celebration of Alliance Francaise at the MalmŲ Town Hall. Henrik apparently took the podium at the event and read several poems in his mother tongue, French. The magazine reports that Henrik mingled with the guests, and even spoke with the SD reporter (there is a picture of them together).
Old 10-09-2009, 06:29 AM
Administrator

Prince Henrik attending a reception in his honour at the
Greenland House in Copenhagen, Denmark, October 7:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** ppe gallery **
Old 10-10-2009, 03:45 PM
Heir Apparent

The Queen and Prince Henrik visited Frederikssund:
sn.dk - Sjśllands Nyheder - Lokal - Frederikssund

Tags
current events, henrik, margrethe, margrethe ii, prince henrik, queen margrethe