Queen Margrethe II and Prince Henrik, Current Events 1: May 2003 - November 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We know the QEII has her corgis and horses, I was wondering if HM would happen to have any pets?

agisele said:
We know the QEII has her corgis and horses, I was wondering if HM would happen to have any pets?
The Danes (QM & Henrik) have Dachshunds, you can see them in pictures every now and then (especially in the summers when they are in France, they are often caught on camera around them). I don't know how many though, or the names. Does anyone know?

Here's a picture of Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik taken August 8, 2002 in Caix with one of their pets. www.polfoto.dk

Agisele, I found a few more pictures.

1. Prince Henrik kisses his dog named Polloc.
2. Queen Margrethe holds her dog named Celimen.

Bruno Press

Attachments

• 2002-08-08 Caix.JPG
    2002-08-08 Caix.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 171
  • Polloc.jpg
    Polloc.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 145
  • Celimen.jpg
    Celimen.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 152
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a lot. :) it's interesting to see how HM and Prince Henrik interact while they are around their pets.

One more pic of HM and Prince Henrik

More pics of Prince Henrik

Attachments

• h_queen.jpg
    h_queen.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 105
  • h_ferias.jpg
    h_ferias.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 110
  • h_piano.jpg
    h_piano.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 121
From Imagine Scandinavia...

Prince Henrik of Denmark attending the openingceremony for
Baltic and International Maritime Council's 100 year celebration in Tivoli
Copenhagen today.

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 147
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 139
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 124
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 138
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 118
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 157
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 142
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 136
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 153
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 184
Two more from Imagine Scandinavia.

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 151
  • untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 146
Today Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik visited the town of Svaneke (celebrating 450 years) on the island of Bornholm. They arrived with the Dannebrog. Pictures from Polfoto.

Attachments

• ch133323_guest.jpg.jpg
    ch133323_guest.jpg.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 156
  • ch133322_guest.jpg.jpg
    ch133322_guest.jpg.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 155
  • ch133321_guest.jpg.jpg
    ch133321_guest.jpg.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 171
  • ch133310_guest.jpg.jpg
    ch133310_guest.jpg.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 174
  • ch133308_guest.jpg.jpg
    ch133308_guest.jpg.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 170
  • ch133307_guest.jpg.jpg
    ch133307_guest.jpg.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 161
  • ch133306_guest.jpg.jpg
    ch133306_guest.jpg.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 147
  • ch133309_guest.jpg.jpg
    ch133309_guest.jpg.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 163
The things that i had wondered for a long time that how tall is Queen Margrethe?Anyone know that?Somebody told me 2 metres!

Prince Henrik visiting Bergen, Norway

Ai ai ai! How pretty here is.

King Olav leveled with the people when he in his days took the streetcar. Prince Henrik of Denmark rised high over Bergen when he took Fløibanen (it’s a “railway” taking you up the mountain). But he bought a ticket.

”I have a ticket!”

With three bodyguards and a valeton his tail, His Royal Highness Prince Henrik of Denmark steps in to the Fløibane hall. But like all other mortals he had to buy a ticket before the doors open and he can step on board. The Prince came without a limousine. And no red carpets awaited the very popular husband of Queen Margrethe II of Denmark when he visited Bergen. He didn’t even ask for his own Fløibane cart, and Bergens Tidende (the regional newspaper of Bergen) was welcome to join the ride.

An unexpected stop
Tourists and Princes steps in, and the cart begins to move. “So, here we go” the Prince says. He sits down where the best views are, at the front, with panoramaviews of the city that removes itself underneath him. But oh! Then the cart stops at Fjellveien (Mountain road). ”Why are we stopping?” the valet, colonel and chief of secretary Mogens Christensen wants to know. “Are we half way up?” Prince Henrik ask curiously. And the Bergens Tidende is invited for a chat, on the seat up front in the Fløybane cart. “Look at that, ai ai ai, it’s so nice” says a enthusiastic Prince, that sees both shopping centres and City Hall turn into little doll houses way down below. “I’ve been to Bergen twice before, yes, I have acctually sailed here with the Danish Royal ship – Dannebrog. But it’s not because of the views His Royal Higness is visiting Bergen.

Prince and President
Because the French born Henrik isn’t only Prince, he is also President. Not of Denmark, but of the European Culture Herigtage Organisation – Europa Nostra – which has a congress in Bergen this week. “I’ve been President in ten, wait, fifteen years. We work to preserve old buildings and prevent the distruction of them, and have decided to have the congress in Bergen, because Bryggen (the pier/dock of Bergen city centre) is on UNESCOs list” the Prince tells. The royal group already came to Bergen on Wednesday, but it hasn’t been time for sightseeing, Prince Henrik can tell. “It has been so much work and so many meetings”.

Higher than Ejer Bavnehøj
he Fløibanen has reached the top, the Prince hums a cheery tune, as he wanders off to enjoy the view and a dinner on Fløyen (the mountain has a restaurant on top). “The Prince doesn’t have such mountains to climb in his kingdom?” the journalist from Bergens Tidende would like to know. “No, in Denmark the highest mountain is 150 metres. “180” the valet corrects him. Bergens Tidende did some research, it was the valet who guessed closest. Denmarks highest mountain, Ejer Bavnehøj (Not Himmelbjerget, as we were led to believe), is 171 metres.

Attachments

• 1_231450a.jpg
    1_231450a.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 125
  • 2_231449a.jpg
    2_231449a.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 1,149
from hellomagazine.com

Queen Margrethe of Denmark has a reputation for always keeping her feet placed firmly on the ground. And the hands-on royal proved just how down to earth she can be when she paid a visit to her country's famous rock carvings of Bornholm this week.

The sprightly 65-year-old, who was dressed down in a casual brown suit, got down on all fours to get a closer look at some of the historic engravings before lying on her side to inspect another design.

Her husband Prince Henrik also seemed to find the visit fascinating, kneeling beside his wife as the two chatted animatedly about the carvings.

The island of Bornholm, which is located in the Baltic Sea between Denmark and Sweden, is famous in archaeological circles. Many of the simple designs date back to the Stone Age, while the more intricate carvings, depicting seagoing vessels, were gouged into the rocks during the Bronze and Iron Ages.

While the monarch's relaxed and informal approach might raise a few eyebrows in other countries, it will come as small surprise to the people of Denmark. Queen Margrethe, a graduate of no fewer than five universities, has always shown a greater passion for knowledge and culture than for the strictures of etiquette.

Attachments

• margrethe-dop1a.jpg
    margrethe-dop1a.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 369
  • margrethe-dop2a.jpg
    margrethe-dop2a.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 191
HM Queen Margrethe very glorious like HM Queen ElizabethII

Sara Boyce

Thanks KikkiB & marezdote for keeping us up to date with the activities of Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik. You posted very interesting articles.

marezdote said:
from hellomagazine.com

Queen Margrethe of Denmark has a reputation for always keeping her feet placed firmly on the ground. And the hands-on royal proved just how down to earth she can be when she paid a visit to her country's famous rock carvings of Bornholm this week.

The sprightly 65-year-old, who was dressed down in a casual brown suit, got down on all fours to get a closer look at some of the historic engravings before lying on her side to inspect another design.

Her husband Prince Henrik also seemed to find the visit fascinating, kneeling beside his wife as the two chatted animatedly about the carvings.

The island of Bornholm, which is located in the Baltic Sea between Denmark and Sweden, is famous in archaeological circles. Many of the simple designs date back to the Stone Age, while the more intricate carvings, depicting seagoing vessels, were gouged into the rocks during the Bronze and Iron Ages.

While the monarch's relaxed and informal approach might raise a few eyebrows in other countries, it will come as small surprise to the people of Denmark. Queen Margrethe, a graduate of no fewer than five universities, has always shown a greater passion for knowledge and culture than for the strictures of etiquette.

This is why she's my absolute favorite!!! Her Majesty is so intelligent, vibrant, elegant, and real.

I've just heard the news of Queen Margrethe's illness and I am so upset. I hope that her doctors will do all they can to ease any pain felt.

Her Majesty isn't so young anymore and I suppose a bit of this stuff is to be anticipated, but I still hope she gets some pain relief. It must be very upsetting to have your body aching all the time! :(

President Bush and Mrs Bush with their daughter Jenna have arrived in Denmark for their short visit. Fredrik and Mary did not meet them at the airport as the press wrote, instead it was the Prime Minister and his wife Anne-Mette. The President and Mrs Bush left the airport by helicopter quickly to fly to Fredensborgs Palace where they were greeted by Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik, and where they will spend the night.

Getty:

More of the President and Mrs Bush's arrival at Fredensborg Palace and the meeting with Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik...

Polfoto:

It's great to see these pictures...I think that Queen Margrethe and Laura Bush are such classy people and I'm glad to see the US president visiting some smaller nations for a change. I hope we'll see Bush with more royalty in the future.

Lyle said:
I hope we'll see Bush with more royalty in the future.
Already tomorrow, the President and Mrs Bush will be present at a dinner hosted by Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh for the G8 summit's participants at the Gleneagles in Scotland.

But before that, we have the luncheon with the Danish Royal Family to look forward too! :)

Last edited:
more photos

Attachments

• a4.jpg
    a4.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 149
  • a3.jpg
    a3.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 140
  • a2.jpg
    a2.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 157
  • a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 150
were there no pictures of the arrival, where both CP Frederick and Mary greeted President Bush?

Eliza said:
were there no pictures of the arrival, where both CP Frederick and Mary greeted President Bush?

CP Frederik and CP Mary didn't meet them. The prime minister and his wife did.

Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik will take up residence at Graasten Palace next Friday, 22 July. They will arrive with the Dannebrog to Haderslev where they will be officially greeted, and after moving on to the Gråsten village - they will be officially welcomed to it at 11:05 AM.

Great pictures Alexandria, Queen Margrethe looks great! Is AM a picture agency, btw?

Yes, great photos, Alexandria. AM is Alexandria´s watermark. It is to show us that she took the time to post these photos. And to cut back on people(from other sites) stealing photos that she has posted. They are her initials. :)

I agree, the photos are great. Thanks Alexandria. I am bit bewildered though, the use of one's initials (I have also seen this done elsewhere) just about suggests that the initials are an agency's watermark, which is not the case. Would that not be violating copyright rules?

i've found some pics of Prince Henrik from colourpress....but i dunno what the event is...maybe someone would know?!

btw...what is it that Prince Henrik is wearing around his neck?

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 132
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 121
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 136
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg