Queen Margrethe II and Prince Henrik, Current Events 1: May 2003 - November 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Polfoto 20-11-2003 Dronning Margrethe og Prins Henrik deltager i dag, torsdag d. 20. november i Københavns Universitets årsfest. Dronning Margrethe blev modtaget og ledsaget af Universitetets rektor Linda Johansen

Polfoto 20-11-2003 Dronning Margrethe og Prins Henrik deltager i dag, torsdag d. 20. november i Københavns Universitets årsfest. Dronning Margrethe og prins Henrik.

Polfoto 20-11-2003 Dronning Margrethe og Prins Henrik deltager i dag, torsdag d. 20. november i Københavns Universitets årsfest. Dronning Margrethe og prins Henrik.

Attachments

• 279.jpg
    279.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 205
  • 279a.jpg
    279a.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 250
  • 279b.jpg
    279b.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 237
Last edited by a moderator:
Her Majesty's outfit looks similar to one Princess Alexandra owns. (or would that be the other way around? :) )

IBL

3 - Denmark, Ribe, - 14 December 2003 - Queen Margrethe at Ribe Cathedral, Bishop inauguration.

4 - Denmark, Ribe, - 14 December 2003 - Queen Margrethe at Ribe Cathedral, Bishop inauguration.

5 - Denmark, Ribe, - 14 December 2003 - Queen Margrethe at Ribe Cathedral, Bishop inauguration.

Attachments

• DK_margrethe_502c.jpg
    DK_margrethe_502c.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 246
  • DK_margrethe_502d.jpg
    DK_margrethe_502d.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 287
  • DK_margrethe_503.jpg
    DK_margrethe_503.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 256
  • DK_margrethe_503a.jpg
    DK_margrethe_503a.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 299
  • DK_margrethe_503b.jpg
    DK_margrethe_503b.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 277
Billed Bladet

Til party med rødt øje: Sådan fester dronningen privat - 08.01.04

Først holdt hun tale for hele Danmark. Bagefter gik dronning Margrethe til nytårsfest i udklædning.

Maskering og udklædning passer perfekt til dronning Margrethes fantasi og kunstneriske færdigheder.

Efter nytårstalen i radio og TV går den stilsikkert klædte dronning med overraskende, ny frisure hvert år til sit lønkammer og finder remedierne frem til at lægge årets sidste maske – den, der er bestemt af temaet ved den fest, majestæten to timer efter årets manende ord, tager ud til sammen med de nærmeste venner.

Ved dette årsskifte var temaet bridge, kortspillet som Margrethe spiller for at hygge sig, og som prins Henrik spiller for at vinde.

Attachments

• queen_of_hearts.jpg
    queen_of_hearts.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 286
well, Queen Margrethe really is on top when it comes to fashion. All I can say, very nice attire. I loved the make-up near her eyes!!! :)

Can someone translate this article
billie-jo

Margrethe at Waldemarsudde Art Museum, Stockholm

The Spirit of the Landscape
Queen Margrethe II and Prince Eugen
Feb 7 - 23 May 2004

An active artist since the early 1970s HRH Queen Margrethe II of Denmark started out drawing, moving later to painting watercolours. Those of the latter genre inspired by Tolkien's Lord of the Rings were much appreciated. She then shifted to nature studies and abstracts. Having been shown in Odense during the autumn 2003, the exhibition offers examples of her most recent landscape paintings, many of them based on vivid colour tones in blue and green. Her paintings are shown together with her own selection of Prince Eugen´s paintings. There is no doubt but that the Queen's Swedish background has had a significant influence on her artistry. Her maternal grandfather King Gustav VI Adolf encouraged her to develop an interest in art and archaeology. Fellow artist Crown Princess Margareta of Sweden was important to her and this exhibition has thrown a sharp light on her relationship with Prince Eugen.

Here's more on the Queen and her artistic influences:

http://www.didrichsenmuseum.fi/kuningatar/nayttely_e.html

Prince Henrik always has the funniest expressions on his face. I have never been able to figure out if he is incredibly stern or incredibly funny. Sometimes he looks like a fun person, sometimes he looks like a mean person. For awhile there I had my mind made up that I didn't like him, now I just don't know.

Queen Margrethe of Denmark has been operated on her back
for pains. The Queen was operated yesterday at the Århus
Denmark after a longer period of pain in her back.
After the Queen woke up after the operation , Prince
Henrik was by her side and the operations is said to
have been successful but the Queen has to stay in the
hospital for another week. She celebrates her birthday on April 16.

Photos taken at Sofiero Slott.

So she has been in Sweden? Sofiero Slott is a swedish castle

Sofiero Slott is where her mother Queen Ingrid spent her childhood summers. It used to be the royal summer residence before Solliden. So maybe thats why she had her paintings there?
Queen Margarethe and King Carl Gustaf and Quenn Silvia met there a few years ago to. Can´t remember when tough...

Danish Royal Current Events: May 2004 - May 2005

;) Hi

I was just curious as to the pronunciation of the Queen of Denmarks name?

Is pronounced "Margareta" or "Margrete" or "Margaret (Like Princess Margaret of Britain)"

Hoping someone can help

thanks

Shane

In my opinion, when I see the spelling of her name and use the english way of prouncing words, i would prounce it Margare-th not Margaret or Margarete.

In danish its pronuced like "Maah-gree-the".
Its hard to show sounds in letters but something like that :p
It sounds different from the english Margareth...

I have always thought that it was pronounced like Mar-gar-ee-th (the TH as in TEETH)....

Ok, maybe my pronounciation thingy isnt working.... lOl

;) Hi

From that Danish News Link, it sounds like the reporter pronounces it like "Maargrater". This is actually how it was pronounced on a news program here in Australia. "Maargrater"

Shane

Being Danish let me assure you all: Yennie is right!
haha, thank you :p
I live very close to Denmark so I´m used to hear the danish "sound"

How hard was it for him to learn Danish compared to Mary? How much time did he take? And why did he speak in French at the wedding?

Well some might say that he still hasn't learnt to speak Danish. :lol:
HRH Prince Henrik had a great advantage, he already spoke several languages when he had to learn Danish, and he has a very fine vocabulary, but still struggles somewhat with the pronunciation. This HM Queen Margrethe is largely her fault, as she continued to speak french with him in private, and thus became very good at speaking french. She has later admitted that it was a mistake because he really would have benefitted from having her help in learning the language. As to why he spoke french, I don't know one can only guess.. Perhaps because that gave him the opportunity to show that he had the total command of at least one language. :p Or maybe it was because so many of his relatives were present along with other francophone guests.

I give her credit for not coloring her hair, but I think with her high forehead she might want to do a different style.

Yes, that is probably it, as everyone spoke for their relatives. How did they meet? What was his background?

If memory serves they met in London, where he was attached to the french embassy. He was born a french count (the title is somewhat disputed) and grew up in French Indochina and France. He speaks several Asian languages and writes poetry. There is information about him on www.kongehuset.dk

His Danish really isn't that bad, the speech he held at the wedding last friday was really good, and his Danish was better than it's reputation. ;)

Originally posted by Bubbette@May 17th, 2004 - 8:54 am
And why did he speak in French at the wedding?
Perhaps because French is a common language amongst most of the European royals??

Perhaps because French is a common language amongst most of the European royals?? [/b]
I don't really think it is anymore. I think English is the predominant language when the royals meet, especially the younger royals. There just aren't that many francophone royals left. Certainly the Dutch,British,Swedish,Norwegian,Greek & Danish will prefer to speak English. (I'm talking of the younger generation)

Originally posted by Bubbette@May 16th, 2004 - 8:54 pm
How hard was it for him to learn Danish compared to Mary? How much time did he take?
I think it was very hard for him, and still is. But his problem is mostly with the letters "r,æ,ø,å" it just doesn't sound danish the way he says them. The Crownprincess is getting better every time we hear her speak, so I think she will do great. But it is a difficult language. :p

Originally posted by Topsy-Turvy@May 17th, 2004 - 10:43 pm
His Danish really isn't that bad, the speech he held at the wedding last friday was really good, and his Danish was better than it's reputation. ;)
That is true, he generally gets a lot of bad press in Denmark. Some of it is fair, some of it isn't.

Theilmann  Posted: May 18th, 2004 - 9:34 pm

he generally gets a lot of bad press in Denmark. Some of it is fair, some of it isn't.
For example, on what topics does he get a fair bad press, and on which is he saluted by the press ?

Originally posted by Yennie@May 9th, 2004 - 11:22 am
In danish its pronuced like "Maah-gree-the".
Its hard to show sounds in letters but something like that :p
It sounds different from the english Margareth...
Yes, this was how it sounded like in Australia when the wedding was televised as well. But I think the reporter was a DK or TV2 reporter and Australia just got their commentary.

It sounded nothing like "Margreth", but "maahgrethe" (with the "e" at the end sounded out).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom