Queen Margrethe II and Prince Henrik, Current Events 1: May 2003 - November 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Press release from http://www.kongehuset.dk

Her Majesty the Queen
Amalienborg, 17. September 2006

Her Majesty the Queen has today been admitted to the National Hospital, where the Queen underwent a smaller hernia-operation. The surgery was performed by Chief Physician and Clinic Manager at the National Hospital, Professor, Dr. med. Preben Kirkegaard.

The surgery went according to plan and the Queen is expected to be released within 24 hours. After a few days of rest, the Queen is expexted to take up her daily duties in full.

Ove Ullerup
Court Chamberlain

Queen Margrethe leaves the hospital after being operated of hernia
The monarch will now rest both next days in the palace of Fredensborg soon to resume his daily activity, informed the Royal House.

COPENHAGEN. - Queen Margarita II of Denmark was registered today of the Hospital of the Kingdom of of last night unexpected the Danish capital after being entered being operated of one hernia.
The monarch will now rest both next days in the palace of Fredensborg soon to resume his daily activity, informed the Real House.
According to its spokesman, Lily M. Frederiksen, the queen is “very well” after the intervention, with “the good humor” and has walked a little.

http://www.lasegunda.com/ediciononline/elmundo/detalle/index.asp?idnoticia=301243

Yours truly in the post Royal Danish Calendar said:
September 19
The Reigning Couple boards the royal yacht “Dannebrog” at 12.00 and host a luncheon aboard the yacht at 13.00. At 15.00, the Reigning Couple disembarks the Dannebrog, thus marking the conclusion of this year’s summer cruise.
The battery Sixtus salutes.

TV2 reports that HM The Queen, in spite of her hernia surgery on Sunday, did participate in this event and has thus not let the minor surgery hold her back!

/Lasse Pedersen

Source: http://kongelig.tv2.dk/article.php?id=4910695

now back to topic. the queen is an amazing women and she looks wonderful did she really just have surgery, what strenght and fortitude. yet she's got this girly/feminine side when she's with henri thats so charming to see, that twinkle in the eye (like they share a funny secret) joy to see. thanks for the photos.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my God. What a freak !!!

Is this hideous monster replacing the little Mermaid ??

I can't believe they pay people for making aliens like this AND get recognition for it.

This artist should be ashamed of herself and consider a mental checkup.

Daneborn said:
Oh my God. What a freak !!!

Is this hideous monster replacing the little Mermaid ??

I can't believe they pay people for making aliens like this AND get recognition for it.

This artist should be ashamed of herself and consider a mental checkup.
The artist is professor Bjørn Nørgaard and I don't think he needs a mental chckup:lol: He was also the artist behind the tapestries given to QMII for her 50th (I think it was) birthday.
Besides, many of the arts of work we consider masterpieces today were scorned by their contemporary society; art must evolve and provoke - not just reflect a status quo IMO. So nothing to be ashamed of I think.

But don't worry - it's not a replacement - it's the Little Mermaid's 'genemodified sister' (see link in Danish: http://www.realdania.dk/Presse/Pressemeddelelser+2006/Pressemeddelelser+2006/Dahlerups+Torv+15-09-06.aspx) - and is just one out of several sculptures (amongst others 'the pregnant male') at a newly established space at Langelinie.

UserDane said:
The artist is professor Bjørn Nørgaard and I don't think he needs a mental chckup:lol: He was also the artist behind the tapestries given to QMII for her 50th (I think it was) birthday.
Besides, many of the arts of work we consider masterpieces today were scorned by their contemporary society; art must evolve and provoke - not just reflect a status quo IMO. So nothing to be ashamed of I think.

But don't worry - it's not a replacement - it's the Little Mermaid's 'genemodified sister' (see link in Danish: http://www.realdania.dk/Presse/Pressemeddelelser+2006/Pressemeddelelser+2006/Dahlerups+Torv+15-09-06.aspx) - and is just one out of several sculptures (amongst others 'the pregnant male') at a newly established space at Langelinie.
I have to say I really dislike any kind of art that uses distorted sexuality as a means to create attention for it. If you look at the picture above and also when you mention he's made a pregnant male I know what I need to know. This ''artist'' :wacko: I would gladly sign a piece of paper to have him committed to a mental institution.

If this is on display on Langelinie you realise that a lot of tourists will be guided past this sculptural freak show and God only knows what they will think about Denmark and the Danes. If I'm not mistaken this piece of crap, sorry art :bang:, is far bigger than the petite little Mermaid herself.

I know the Emperor's new clothes when I see them !!

off the record - so nice to see you here again userdane :flowers:

Thanks Daneborn - and likewise :flowers:

I hope to go to Copenhagen the coming weekend and take a walk at Langelinie - I'm really curious about this park. I think Bjørn Nørgaard can be brilliant - I just always have this picture in my head - from my childhood - from when he first rose to fame - by putting the remains of a slaughtered horse on glasses and the head on a stake!:sad:

Larzen said:
Thank you for the pics Madeleien, Dont know if I like this mermaid, it looks a little scary, but I guess it is art. I do know I find Henrik by far the most charismatic and interesting member of the DRF, frogs on the tie as well:lol:

Here he is with his wife earlier this week

I belive Margrethes pearls are part of the crown jewells which are stored at Rosenborg. Really an impressive castle.
th_22807_banquet7_122_527lo.jpg

Yes Larzen,the jewelry is part of the Crown Jewels,on exhibit at Rosenborg Slot::wub:
http://www.rosenborgslot.dk/asp/genstande/bigpicPage.asp?GenstandID=219&countryID=2

Copenhagen, DENMARK: French born Prince Consort Henrik of Denmark (L) appears as French translator Alain Gnaedig was awarded the literature prize of the Francophone ambassadors in Denmark in the French Embassy in Copenhagen 16 October 2006. The annual prize of around 1500 euro, institituted in 2001, was given to Gnaedig for his 2005 translation of Karen Blixen's - alias Isak Dinesen - biography 'Out of Africa ' for Gallimard.

from getty

11nv7.jpg

Last edited:
She looks pretty.Thank you all for the pictures and news.

fanletizia said:

Hey! I'm back after almost a month visiting my family...not that anyone noticed!:sad: I thought I'd been deleted but it seems I'm still "alive" but being pestered to make a comment, so here it is:

I think the Queen looks striking in this colour. (Not a very flattering photograph for the Prince, though, no? Eaten one dachsy too many...?) :lol:

Well, dear members, I am so grateful to all of you who have brought out this lovely information, pictures, translations and all about a truly spendid royal couple and family. Queen Margrethe is wonderful, as usual. You Danes are such lucky people.

Any pictures from tonights gala at Christianborg Palace attented by the Queen, Prince Henrik, Crownprince Frederik, Crownprincess Mary, Prince Joachim, Princess Benedikte and Princess Alexandra...?

:flowers:

Czech President Vaclav Klaus and his wife Livia present flowers to Queen Margrethe at Fredensborg Palace 09 November 2006. Klaus is in Denmark for a two-day official visit.
Photo credit should read KELD NAVNTOFT/AFP/Getty Images

mandyy said:
Czech President Vaclav Klaus and his wife Livia present flowers to Queen Margrethe at Fredensborg Palace 09 November 2006. Klaus is in Denmark for a two-day official visit.
Photo credit should read KELD NAVNTOFT/AFP/Getty Images

Will there be a gala?

November 10
HM The Queen presents the Ebbe Munch Prize 2006 in Fløjlsgemakket (i.e. ’the Velvet Room’) at Christiansborg Palace at 15.00.

Dr.dk has an article in Danish with photo on the event. The prize was awarded to Kai Vittrup for his outstanding achievements of establishing law and order for the UN in several crisis struck parts of the world.

/Lasse Pedersen

Princess Robijn said:
Will there be a gala?
The only event with royal participation in connection with the President's visit to Denmark was the luncheon yesterday. The reason for this is that this is an official visit, not a state visit!

/Lasse:)

DENMARK ROYAL SCENERY
Denmark's Queen Margrethe gestures as she speaks during a press conference in Copenhagen, Friday, Nov. 17, 2006. Queen Margrethe is again designing costumes and scenery for the theater, this time for a ballet, but insists that she is not giving up her job as the monarch of Denmark. Planning and drawing the outfits and scenery for a ballet, based on Hans Christian Andersen's fairy tale "The Tinder Box, " often keeps her burning the midnight oil, she told reporters Friday. The ballet will open July 14 at Copenhagen's Tivoli gardens' Chinese-inspired pantomime theater.

http://www.polfoto.dk/polfoto/ImageHandlerServlet?type=P&archive=0&objId=4702027&archType=J&classId=0&handle=-1

At the Danish newspaper B.T.'s website, there is a video of HM The Queen telling Hans Christian Andersen's fairy tale The Tinder Box. You can read the fairy tale here: The Tinder Box.

To see the video of Her Majesty, click here: B.T.: Queen Margrethe to design costumes for The Tinder Box and click on "Video fra LocalEyes:Hør Margrethes indlevende oplæsning af Fyrtårnet". You will hear that Her Majesty is an avid and very talented story-teller.

Her Majesty was present because she is to design both costumes and set-design for the ballet "The Tinder Box" which will open in Tivoli Gardens next summer. At Her Majesty's right you see Dinna Bjørn, choreographer, and on Her Majesty's left, James Price, composer.

/Lasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom