Princess Marie, Current Events Part 1: March 2009 - June 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, indeed. Marie looks beautiful, did a lovely job with the speech. She appeared polished in every respect, attire, hairdo, demeanor. She always seems interested in her surroundings, has that lovely smile, which is a winner.

Joachim must be beaming with pride, and rightly so.

i loved seeing marie in her latest engagement, it definitely proves she is getting on well with her new role and her pregnancy. i'm also very glad she is now mastering danish. i also think she looked lovely with the trench and the hair updo.

http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Mar2009/PPE09030588.jpg

i can't believe the papparazzi managed to take so many pictures with her not noticing at all!

Unbelievably invasive.

There is no question about how well she looked at the UNESCO event. However, it seems that the coat sleeves were sewn on the wrong sides. The cuffs should be going the other way, I believe. Did anyone else notice this? What a pity !

Last edited by a moderator:
It's nice to see her going out on her solo engagement. She looked so beautiful in her brown dress. I really love her hairdo! It's great to hear her speaking in Danish. Her voice sounds very nice.:flowers:

Pics 10.3.2009

10-03-2009 Copenhagen : Princess Marie attended a meeting
at Unesco in Copenhagen

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Last edited:
I love her coat. Does anyone know if she plans to make UNESCO a patronage? She seems to enjoy working with them.

I don't know if any of you have seen these, but I saw some recent pictures from the BilledBladet of Princess Marie, and she is definitely glowing in her pregnancy. I'm excited to see if she has a boy or a girl.

http://i41.tinypic.com/dpg3up.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
She has at least 2 activities in April. (Unless it's a last-minute change)

01/04 09 Regentparret, Kronprinsparret, D.K.H. Prins Joachim og Prinsesse Marie og H.K.H. Prinsesse Benedikte deltager i markering af Hjemmeværnets 60-års jubilæum i Nymindegab kl. 14.00.

04/04 09 D.K.H. Prins Joachim og Prinsesse Marie overværer koncert med Kammerkoret Euphonia m.fl. i Christiansborg Slotskirke kl. 16.00.

What is the translation of the events on 4/01 and 4/04 ?

:previous:

Princess Robijn;916351 01/04 09 [B said:
Regentparret, Kronprinsparret, D.K.H. Prins Joachim og Prinsesse Marie og H.K.H. Prinsesse Benedikte[/b] deltager i markering af Hjemmeværnets 60-års jubilæum i Nymindegab kl. 14.00.

04/04 09 D.K.H. Prins Joachim og Prinsesse Marie overværer koncert med Kammerkoret Euphonia m.fl. i Christiansborg Slotskirke kl. 16.00.

01/04 Regent Couple, Crown Prince Couple, Prince Joachim and Princess Marie and Princess Benedikte participate in marking of the Home Guard's 60th anniversary at the Home Guard school in Nymindegab at 14:00

04/04 Prince Joachim and Princess Marie attend a concert by the Chamber Choir "Euphonia" at the Christiansborg Palace Church at 16:00

It looks like Princess Marie will have a couple of events in October. On the 2nd, she will attend an event with Prince Joachim at the University of Southern Denmark. I don't know what this event is exactly, it just lists it as a commemoration on the official calendar. She will also participate with the rest of the royal family in the opening of the Danish Parliament on the 6th of October.

From the royal family's website:
02/10 09 D.K.H. Prins Joachim og Prinsesse Marie deltager ved Syddansk Universitets årsfest i Odense kl. 16.00.

06/10 09 Regentparret, Kronprinsparret, D.K.H. Prins Joachim og Prinsesse Marie samt H.K.H. Prinsesse Benedikte overværer Folketingets åbning på Christiansborg Slot kl. 12.00.

She was very well dressed at last year's opening of parliament. She was also expecting the baby, though nothing had been said officially at the time.

I'm glad to hear that Princess Marie has started taking on more royal duties.I'm sure she can manage anything she wants.I wish her the best of luck :flowers: Good for us the "royal watchers",too,as we'll be seeing her and her outfits more often ;)

Princess Marie will attend a UNESCO conference, according to the DRF's website:

27/10 09 H.K.H. Prinsesse Marie deltager i den officielle åbning af UNESCO Asia-Europe Classroom Network Conference på Comwell Sønderborg, Rosengade 2 kl. 9.00.

It doesn't say that she is the patron of this event, just that she will attend.

It will be good to see her in an event involving other nations as well. Very nice.

She's beginning to spread her wings and bring her assets forward, like fluent French and English, international living, education, etc.

i'm quite interested to know whether marie will become some sort of patron for UNESCO - It would certainly be quite a nice role to take over, and seeing that alexandra and mary are involved with the UN, i trust it's quite a possibility.

i'm quite interested to know whether marie will become some sort of patron for UNESCO - It would certainly be quite a nice role to take over, and seeing that alexandra and mary are involved with the UN, i trust it's quite a possibility.

I feel the same way, Carlota. After Marie's engagement with UNESCO this spring, I thought that we would hear an announcement of a patronage. It would be a great thing for her to become involved in, especially now that she is the patron for the university's programs for international students. This is sort of a related area (international organization, focus on children, science, culture, education, etc).

great, it looks like she did a speech! is it available anywhere? i'd love to read it :)

Unfortunately, the Danish Royal House site don't publish the speeches of the Members of the Royal Family. Only the Crown Prince Couple site do.

great, it looks like she did a speech! is it available anywhere? i'd love to read it :)

Carlota, I posted a video clip of Marie speaking. Scroll back a few posts. She gave a speech in English, which makes sense since this was an international event.

I would love to see her getting involved with UNESCO as a patron. This is the second event (I think) that she has had with them this year. It seems like a good fit for her.

I can only get audio on yhe speech video link. I love P Marie's French/English accent- its so delecate, soft and elegant.....

Is really funny the way she pronounces words with "S"

what's different about her "s"?

this is a super event for marie, i hope it evolves into a patronage with UNESCO - they certainly make a very interesting job and could mean interesting opportunities of collaboration for marie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom