Princess Marie, Current Events Part 1: March 2009 - June 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
that's a definite no.
mary's service uniform doubled (unfortunately) as her dress uniform.
Then my mind is playing with me :whistling::ROFLMAO:

Thanks for clearing up, Muhler:flowers::flowers::flowers:

you know, I thought that Marie would be totally eclipsed by Mary, yet I see that that hasn't happened and marie has found her niche, and shines:flowers::):D

Was their a vido of Marie goiving her speech? Which language was her speech given in?

** BB gallery: Marie i Bella Center ** translated BB article **

** Victoria Suède versus Marie Danemark : les futures mamans s'affrontent **

Thanks, Iceflower :flowers:

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #38, 2011.
Maries søde mave - Marie's sweet belly.
Written by Henrik Salling.
http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige/ArticleFolder/2011/9/Maries lille hemmelighed.aspx

Our Marie attended the opening of EAIE, a conference about international education.
She was recieved by the president of the EAIE, the Icelandic Gudrun Paulsdottir.
The now visibly pregnant Princess gave a speech, in English, for the international audience. In that she referred to her own experiences from studying abroad.
She said: "I was both nervous and full of expectations. Because how would I adapt to life in the new school". Referring to her start at the Swiss bording school Beus Soleil. Then it was on to Boston and New York.
- "I'm glad I've studied abroad. I was afraid (apprehensive?) about coping without my friends and family, but today I don't regret. To meet so many different people has enriched my life".

The expectant Marie answered a couple of personal questions as well.
About bette Henrik: "I only speak French to him and my husband only speak Danish to him".

Has she felt any movements in the belly? "That's my little secret". Apparantly the reporter has observed the odd jolt from Marie, indicating some movement....

Last edited:
Brief summary of article in Billed Bladet #40, 2011.
Marie fejrede Susse - Marie celebrated Susse.
Written by Ulrik Ulriksen.

Our Marie attended a show in honor of the president of the Danish AIDS Foundation, Susse Wold, who has been very active in the fight against AIDS for 25 years. At the same time money was raised.
Princess Marie represented the DRF at this event where in particular who's who of women in Copenhagen showed up.

Marie may not be that familiar with Susse Wold, who was an actress and something of a diva in the 50's, 60's and 70's. She was a genuine stunner back then and today she is still able to outshine far younger women.
In case you are wondering, the red dress worn by Susse Wold is by Birgit Lindblad.

- FasterB, you are probably the right one to ask:
Susse Wold's son is gay, right?
Is it her or Marlene Schwartz who belongs to QMII's circle of friends?

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **
** Se Billeder: Prinsesse Marie på frivillig fredag i Tønder ** translation **
** jv.dk: Ny forening blev indviet af Prinsesse Marie **

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #40, 2011.
Lille Henrik ved besked - Little Henrik has been told.

Our Marie went local the other day. She went to the town of Tønder, which is almost next to Schackenborg. All she has to do is to follow her nose straight ahead for two or three kilometres. (Idiom).
And that's what she did one afternoon when a local chapter of the social support organisation Broen (the bridge) opened in Tønder.
No less than two kindergartens had been mobillized to recieve the fair Marie with flags and cheers.
Marie said in her speech: "I'm very glad to be here today. When parents cannot cope taking care of their children it's important that there are organisations like Broen".

With that done it was off to a late lunch at Tønderhus = building for social gatherings and functions, where she politely declined some rosé wine that was offered her.

Afterwards she confided to our reporter that she has attempted to explain to bette Henrik that he is going to be a big brother: "I've tried but I don't think he understands it. He's afterall very small. - But he understands a little bit".

Today, October 1st, Princess Marie has participated in the international rescue
training of the Danish Emergency Management Agency (DEMA) in Tinglev.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** jv.dk gallery ** BB gallery ** BB article **

** pp: La princesse Marie : Enceinte, mais toujours parée pour l'action **

Thank you, Iceflower :flowers:

An interesting little detail in the Jyske Vestkysten article you posted a link to.
Our Marie has the rank of korpsmester = corps master, which is equivalent to first lieutenant, and that's also the rank Mary has in the Home Guard.

- That sure is a rapid advance! But of course la charmant Marie is after all a member of the DRF.
I.e. a de facto patron of the Civil Defence.

Last edited by a moderator:
- FasterB, you are probably the right one to ask:
Susse Wold's son is gay, right?
Hmm, that was a tough question :ermm: Is his name Christian Mørk? I believe he is gay, but I´m not at all certain.
Is it her or Marlene Schwartz who belongs to QMII's circle of friends?
I don´t know that. I´ll ask my mother tomorrow :flowers:

It wouldn't hurt if our Marie gained five kilos more.

It doesn't suit her (or any woman) to look that thin.

The arms are too long on that blouse.

I don't think she's too thin. She's just needs to have her clothes tailored to her proportions.

Thanks, Iceflower. :flowers:

Another little story to brighten up an otherwise dull day here in DK.

Our Marie having to comfort the flowergirl, who was all nerves and on the verge of crying, was a very sweet touch.

The sisters in the guild left a distinctly matronely impression on me. And no, I'm not talking about about their stature or anything like that. It's their aura I'm referring to, they reminded me of stout matriarchs. Women who can take charge. I bet many of them are former head nurses, matrons.

Also of interest was Marie's response to the question in the end. She was very clear and easy to understand. She used fairly simple words but her grammar and pronounciation was very good indeed.

Sweet of Marie, she seems like a very warm and friendly person. Im sure she would have the right words to say having very young children herself.

Yesterday, September 6, Princess Marie has been present at the launch of the campaign "Give Hope" by the Børn, Unge og Sorgs (Children, Youth and Sorrows) organisation at the Cinemateket in Copenhagen.

** Pic ** bornungesorg.dk **

** nyhederne.tv2.dk video: En god sags tjeneste **

Translation of article in Billed Bladet #37, 2012.
Marie græd – Marie cried.
Written by Trine Larsen.

Princess Marie had to, just like many other who were present, find the handkerchief from the bag and wipe the eyes, when she attended the launching of a new campaign that will put focus on the work of the association Children, Youth & Grief.
The campaign is called: Give Hope, men the stories were so moving and sad that they touched the hearts of everyone and the Princess was clearly affected by the moving experiences of the youths who had lost one or both parents in connection with a critical illness. And not least the stories about how the got/struggled/worked through the grief, affected Princess Marie a lot.
Several times the Princess had to wipe her eyes, when the stories about finding a meaning in all the meaninglessness became too strong.
- “The presence of the Princess is a very appreciated pad on the shoulder for the work and we can really sense that you (formal you) are here with your heart and I cannot thank you enough for that”, said manager in Children, Youths & Grief, Preben Engelbrekt, before he thanked the many who have supported the project.
They are among others the actor Peter Gantzler, Minister for Europe Nikolai Wammen, (foreign) correspondent Rasmus Tantholdt, the singer Karen Busck, the singer Christina Chanee and the author Rushy Rashid, who all have lost parents at a young age and therefore appeared in a couple of new short films, where they in conversations on the backseat of a bus talk about how they got through the grief and the loss of their parents at a young age.
After the films, which were shown at the Cinematek in Gothersgade (a street) in Copenhagen, the Princess needed a couple of minutes to compose herself, before she was informed even more about the project and the many offers of the association, with among other things a hotline, therapy-groups, psychological counseling for children and young who have difficulties coping with the grief of losing a parent.
- “I was very moved by the stories…. As were most, I believe”, said Princess Marie, before she went into the car in order to drive home.

(For the mods: Is this a protection)?

Last edited:
Summary of article in Billed Bladet #37, 2012.
Marie trøstede Victoria - Marie comforted Victoria.
Written by our west coast correspondent Ken Richter.

Even if you are eight years old, and your name is Victoria Skov Hansen, and you have dressed up in fine new clothes and your are standing there with flowers in your hand and your mormor (maternal grandmother) is standing right beside you and you have really looked forward to meeting a real princess, your nerves can crack.
And that's what happened, the excitement, all the many people and cameras and Victoria standing there in front was too much, she quietly began to cry.
Marie went out of the car and said: "Ooh, little friend. Don't be afraid of me. Such fine flowers". They chatted briefly as Victoria said afterwards: "I told about my dog, Mille". Then Marie took her hand: "Now, you come with me, then we'll go in together".
When our Marie left later on Victoria was herself again and Marie noticed her, shook her hand and said: "Hey you". (*)

Sister Guild No. 12 "Princess Marie" is a part of the Odd Fellow Order and the guild is not named after our Marie, but her predecessor in the DRF, the very colorfull (read: somewhat excentric) Marie of Orleans, who married Prince Valdemar in 1885.
The sisters work for social issues and Marie was there to hand out donations for 90.000 DKK to local institutions. Money that has been collected by the sisters at various events in and around the town of Esbjerg.

(*) "Hej med dig". In DK used as a very informal greeting, often said by or to children.

Yesterday, September 6, Princess Marie has been present at the launch of the campaign "Give Hope" by the Børn, Unge og Sorgs (Children, Youth and Sorrows) organisation at the Cinemateket in Copenhagen.

** Pic ** bornungesorg.dk **

** nyhederne.tv2.dk video: En god sags tjeneste **

I had already thought we would not get any better pics of the event on September 6, but here are finally some nice ones published today:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

The gallery is mixed with pics of Prince Joachim's recent CARE journey and his latest event in Germany:

** pp: Princesse Marie : Des apparitions comptées, mais en beauté **

Our Marie is one cool Princess.

Here is another article with pictures with Marie putting out a fire and handing out diplomas to school children: jv.dk - Nyheder - Tønder - Se billederne: Prinsesse Marie slukker brand
From Jv.dk

Added: I see in the articles that Marie has been promoted to Korpsmester a la suite in the Civil Defence. I must admit I'm not familiar with the ranks in the Civil Defence but I will presume it's equivalent to a (honorary) lieutenant in the military. (The two stars on her shoulderstraps would make her a first lieutenant in the military, hence my theory).

Two videos of the bold Marie in action, with a fake burn on her cheek it seems. From TV2 Syd: VIDEO: Prinsesse Marie optrådte som brandmand - TV 2 Nyhederne

The indomitable Marie said: "It was a fantastic day. I think it's very important to teach children how dangerous a fire is. They have been so good. They have already learnt so much about fire and (they) have tried to put out a fire".

- And for those interested in how her Danish is: As I have said before she is very easy to understand. She does have an accent but it doesn't distract from what she is saying. She made a couple of grammattical errors and she spoke fast! - Basically she just babbled confidently ahead like a native.

And now for something completely different.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #40, 2012.
Hej med jer - Hey, ya'll.

When Marie isn't putting out fire, she is standing in for her father-in-law. He and QMII were still down at Chateau Cayz, so Marie stepped in and visited the Danish Epilepsy Association on the occasion of it's 50th anniversary.
That took place at Odense Townhall about an hour or so away from Schackenborg.

Our Marie doesn't know anyone close to her who has epilepsy so she asked a lot of questions to those present, not least the children. One of them being tewlve years old Tobias who needs supervision 24/7. He was pretty pleased: "She looks like a genuine princess", he confided to our reporter afterwards.

There was a reception and the associastion had formed a choir who sang a couple of songs for her. Afterwards she said: "It's important to put forcus on the illness that afflicts a lot of Danes every year".

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom