The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #61  
Old 05-17-2004, 11:28 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally posted by Starr@May 16th, 2004 - 12:34 pm
Good close up of Benedikte's necklace, very nice. Did you notice Gustav and Natalie expressions in some of the pictures, they don't look like they are enjoying themselves.
I believe that all of the Berleburg-children are quite shy, and if you look at HH Prince Richard you can see where they got the trade from. He has always looked as if he wanted to be somewhere else when the media is around. (Which I can totally understand :P )
__________________

  #62  
Old 05-19-2004, 08:54 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 47
Though it does seem Alexandra enjoys these functions more than her brother and sister. Perhaps she's more like her mother.
__________________

  #63  
Old 05-19-2004, 09:12 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally posted by Starr@May 19th, 2004 - 7:54 am
Though it does seem Alexandra enjoys these functions more than her brother and sister. Perhaps she's more like her mother.
Maybe you're right, though Princess Natalie is very much like Princess Benedikte, atleast when it comes to their mutual love of horses.
  #64  
Old 05-28-2004, 04:44 PM
hailey's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Bellville, United States
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally posted by Starr@May 16th, 2004 - 11:34 am
Good close up of Benedikte's necklace, very nice. Did you notice Gustav and Natalie expressions in some of the pictures, they don't look like they are enjoying themselves.
Hi...

This has been a very nice thread on Benedikte's family. I have some questions that perhaps someone can answer.

1. Is Alexandra and her family living in Paris?? And did they live in Copenhagen before if they are living there now? Isn't her husband also from Germany?

2. Is Prince Gustav at home at Berleburg or is he still in London....was he working at a bank or something?

3. Princess Nathalie---Is she in Denmark or where does she live??

Many thanks for any reply....

Aloysia
  #65  
Old 05-29-2004, 09:44 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 47
I think Alexandra and her family live in Paris, Gustav used to work at a bank in London, but went back to Germany to help run the estate while his father was undergoing treatment for cancer. Nathalie, has Danish citizenship, like her sister and I think she may live in Denmark training for the Olympics. I believe she is going to try to make the Danish Olympic Equestrian team for Athens. From what I have seen she seems to be a gifted horsewoman, so good luck to her.
  #66  
Old 05-29-2004, 11:15 AM
hailey's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Bellville, United States
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally posted by Starr@May 29th, 2004 - 7:44 am
I think Alexandra and her family live in Paris, Gustav used to work at a bank in London, but went back to Germany to help run the estate while his father was undergoing treatment for cancer. Nathalie, has Danish citizenship, like her sister and I think she may live in Denmark training for the Olympics. I believe she is going to try to make the Danish Olympic Equestrian team for Athens. From what I have seen she seems to be a gifted horsewoman, so good luck to her.
Hi Star...

Many thanks for your reply.

I find this family so appealing in everything they do....they seem to be such good, solid citizens.

Does any of the family have a webpage??

This is only my second post but have been enjoying this site for a long while. It has sooooooo muucchhhhhhh information!!

Cheers, Aloysia
  #67  
Old 05-29-2004, 09:43 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 549
How old is Gustav now? And how old was he when he was engaged to Elvire (sic?)?
  #68  
Old 05-30-2004, 03:55 AM
Chatleen's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 324
Quote:
Originally posted by Jasl@May 29th, 2004 - 8:43 pm
How old is Gustav now? And how old was he when he was engaged to Elvire (sic?)?
Prince Gustav is 35 by now. I got my information from this webpage:

http://www.kongehuset.dk/artikel.php...g=k_en_fam_ben
  #69  
Old 06-04-2004, 02:34 PM
carlota's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 7,063
benedikte was today in spain to conmemorate the aniversary of the death of hans christian andersen.
__________________
Sign the United Nations Universal Declaration on Animal Welfare: http://www.animalsmatter.org
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE!
Feed an animal in need, click for free.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
  #70  
Old 06-19-2004, 05:25 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 549
I think Billed Bladet had an interview with Princess Benedikte recently. Here's the article, which can also be found at the Billed Bladet website.

Quote:

Interview med prinsesse Benedikte: Jeg er glad når jeg hjælper - 17.06.04
– Man skal selvfølgelig have overskud for at kunne hjælpe...
Jeg vil gerne fortælle mine børne-børn, at der er andre børn ude i verden...

– Vi har alle pligt til at hjælpe, så godt vi kan på hver vores måde.
Prinsesse Benedikte er ikke i tvivl. Har man overskud, må man hjælpe dem, som ikke har. Derfor sagde hun også med glæde ja tak i 1995 til at være protektor for SOS-Børnebyerne. Og på lørdag er prinsessen på talerstolen ved en familiefest på Plænen i Tivoli i anledning af SOS-Børnebyernes 40-års jubilæum.
– Jeg er glad for at kunne hjælpe en så velfungerende organisation som SOS-Børnebyerne. Det gør jeg blandt andet, når jeg er ude til selskaber, og talen falder på organisationen eller på noget lignende. Hvis jeg kan fornemme, at jeg møder nogle mennesker, som er interesserede, så spørger jeg dem, om ikke de har lyst til at tegne et fadderskab. Og det behøver jo ikke kun at være i selskaber blandt mine private venner. Det kan være hvor som helst, forklarer prinsesse Bene-dikte.
N.B. And if there's a Danish translating thing I can get over the net, can you pls PM me? :flower:
  #71  
Old 06-19-2004, 04:43 PM
michelleq's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Philadelphia Region, United States
Posts: 783
Can someone translate from Danish to English?

Thanx
__________________
"Love thy neighbor as thyself"
  #72  
Old 06-19-2004, 06:33 PM
MarieLouise's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally posted by Jasl@Jun 19th, 2004 - 3:25 am
I think Billed Bladet had an interview with Princess Benedikte recently. Here's the article, which can also be found at the Billed Bladet website.

Quote:

Interview med prinsesse Benedikte: Jeg er glad når jeg hjælper - 17.06.04
– Man skal selvfølgelig have overskud for at kunne hjælpe...
Jeg vil gerne fortælle mine børne-børn, at der er andre børn ude i verden...

– Vi har alle pligt til at hjælpe, så godt vi kan på hver vores måde.
Prinsesse Benedikte er ikke i tvivl. Har man overskud, må man hjælpe dem, som ikke har. Derfor sagde hun også med glæde ja tak i 1995 til at være protektor for SOS-Børnebyerne. Og på lørdag er prinsessen på talerstolen ved en familiefest på Plænen i Tivoli i anledning af SOS-Børnebyernes 40-års jubilæum.
– Jeg er glad for at kunne hjælpe en så velfungerende organisation som SOS-Børnebyerne. Det gør jeg blandt andet, når jeg er ude til selskaber, og talen falder på organisationen eller på noget lignende. Hvis jeg kan fornemme, at jeg møder nogle mennesker, som er interesserede, så spørger jeg dem, om ikke de har lyst til at tegne et fadderskab. Og det behøver jo ikke kun at være i selskaber blandt mine private venner. Det kan være hvor som helst, forklarer prinsesse Bene-dikte.
N.B. And if there's a Danish translating thing I can get over the net, can you pls PM me? :flower:
Ok I'll trye and translate this, here goes:

Interview with Princess Benedikte: I am happy, when I am helping

- Offcouse one needs strength to be able to help... I would like to tell my grandchildren, that their are other children in the world...

- We all have a duty to help as well as we can accomplish

Princess Benedikte is in no doubt. If you have the strengt, you need to hepl the ones who doesn't. That is why she happily agreed to become patroness for the SOS - Childrens cities. This saturday the princess will speak at a party for families on Plænen in Tivoli. The occation is the 40 year anniversary of the SOS childrens Cities.

- I am so happy to be able to help such a wll acting organisation. Among other things I do that at parties, if the converstion turns into organisation or something like it. If I sense that I have meet some people who are interessted I ask them if they wouldn't like to by a sponsorship. And it doesn't have only have to be at parties among my private friends. It could be enywhere, princess Benedikte explains.
-------------------------------
Hope I got it right... :flower:
__________________
Dronning, dronning kom nu frem! Ellers går vi aldrig hjem!!!
  #73  
Old 06-21-2004, 09:16 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 549
Thanks heaps MarieLouise!

And just a question, does your avatar read something like "queen come out or else we won't go home?". Because during the wedding telecast here in Australia, the commentators said that that's what the Danes say during QM's birthdays or any balcony occasion etc.
  #74  
Old 06-21-2004, 09:28 PM
Chatleen's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 324
Quote:
Originally posted by Jasl@Jun 21st, 2004 - 8:16 pm
And just a question, does your avatar read something like "queen come out or else we won't go home?". Because during the wedding telecast here in Australia, the commentators said that that's what the Danes say during QM's birthdays or any balcony occasion etc.
That's right :) In danish it is: "Dronning, dronning kom nu frem - ellers går vi aldrig hjem"
  #75  
Old 06-21-2004, 10:12 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 549
That's it, I'm going to enrol myself in language classes now. I should probably learn German and French first so its easier for me to learn Danish (haha! big ambitions.. makes it sound like its something I can do in one month ).
  #76  
Old 06-22-2004, 04:21 AM
Chatleen's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 324
Quote:
Originally posted by Jasl@Jun 21st, 2004 - 9:12 pm
That's it, I'm going to enrol myself in language classes now. I should probably learn German and French first so its easier for me to learn Danish (haha! big ambitions.. makes it sound like its something I can do in one month ).
Yeap - I guess some people would love it, if you reported on the www, that you were able to read, write and the most difficult part: speak danish in a couple of months :P
  #77  
Old 06-22-2004, 09:18 AM
MarieLouise's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally posted by Jasl@Jun 21st, 2004 - 7:16 pm
Thanks heaps MarieLouise!

And just a question, does your avatar read something like "queen come out or else we won't go home?". Because during the wedding telecast here in Australia, the commentators said that that's what the Danes say during QM's birthdays or any balcony occasion etc.
Jasl.

If you have been using that online translator, you'r dooing quite well!

You got it right! :P
__________________
Dronning, dronning kom nu frem! Ellers går vi aldrig hjem!!!
  #78  
Old 06-22-2004, 09:34 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 549
No I can't trust that thing!! (though it has its uses&#33

But "dronning" means queen, and "hjem" is home, and "kom" is come, and I heard the phrase "Queen queen, come out, or else we won't go home" (or something like that) from the Danish broadcasters here in Australia during the wedding telecast.

Any news on Greenland?
  #79  
Old 08-18-2004, 02:11 AM
michelleq's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Philadelphia Region, United States
Posts: 783
Princess Benedikte's Children

I read that at the time of Princess Benedikte's wedding, it was stated that her children would not be known as Prince/Princess' of Denmark. Can the Queen or King (Frederick) elevate them to Prince/Princess' of Denmark? Also can they be elevated to HRH from HSH since they would be Prince/Princess' of Denmark? Has it been noted anywhere that this causes any problems? I welcome all answers and/or corrections.
  #80  
Old 08-18-2004, 04:55 AM
norwegianne's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Rogaland, Norway
Posts: 5,993
http://www.geocities.com/dagtho/dk-suc-law.html

Quote:
The only time that consent to the marriage of a dynast has been given only under certain specific conditions was June 3rd 1967, when HM King Frederik IX gave consent “in the Council of State” to the marriage of his daughter, HRH Princess Benedikte to HSH Prince Richard zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg. The consent was given subject to a number of conditions agreed to in writing by Princess Benedikte:

That Princess Benedikte would take up permanent residence in Denmark should she become the closest heir to the throne

That Prince Richard, in accordance with his statement of intent, under the same circumstances would take up permanent residence and apply for naturalization as a Danish subject

That any child born in the marriage, and any descendant of such, in order to maintain succession rights to the throne:

take up permanent residence in Denmark
at the time where he (or she) should become the closest heir to the throne,
and no later than when he (or she) reaches the age of mandatory schooling according to the Danish educational laws

apply for naturalization as a Danish subject upon reaching adulthood.
Quote:
The Succession Rights of Princess Benedikte's Children

The question of the succession rights of the children of Princess Benedikte was raised in 1997, when the Princesses Alexandra and Nathalie applied for naturalization as Danish subjects and the Naturalization Committee of the Folketing asked the Ministry of Justice for an opinion as to the succession rights of the princesses.

Minister of Justice Frank Jensen in a letter dated November 12th 1997 forwarded the answer prepared as a note from the Law Department of the Ministry of Justice. It was the conclusion of the Ministry of Justice that the consent given to the marriage had been conditional, that this was a legal procedure and that the princesses "could not be seen as having succession rights to the throne, since they, given what has been informed, have not taken up permanent residence in Denmark upon reaching the age of mandatory schooling." (Notits: 4; my translation).

The Ministry of Justice did not explicitly state if any other conditions could be seen as also possibly excluding the princesses, but it would seem that they could possibly also be seen as being excluded from succession due to not having applied for naturalization as Danish subjects upon reaching adulthood.
I don't know if this was what you were looking for, but it's what I found from a link in a previous post.

I think that after the Ministry of Justice's decision it would be hard to create them Prince/Princess of Denmark without a valid reason.
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Danish Royal Family Christmas: 2003, 2004, 2006-2014 Alexandria Royal House of Denmark 506 Today 07:29 PM
Prince Juan Carlos of Spain & Princess Sofia of Greece 1962 Julia Royal Weddings 129 07-02-2016 11:39 PM
Danish Royal Family, Current Events 1: April 2003 - March 2008 Julia Current Events Archive 506 03-23-2008 06:56 PM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion poll fox news grahamm grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdulah ii king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess eugenie eveningwear princess ingrid alexandra princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania revolution royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:44 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises