Princess Alexandra, Current Events 3: April 2006 - March 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She is indeed. Denmark has really been lucky with getting two 'new' princesses who are both really great at doing their jobs - and who are both stylish and elegant to boot.

BT today has an article on what Alexandra might do, should she marry Martin and have to pay tax on her allowance and purchases. They've talked to a director and a recruiter who consider that with her previous experience from Hong Kong, as well as the network she has in Denmark, she would be an asset to the companies. She has also shown that she can handle pressure. A yearly wage mentioned would be around 2.5 milion DKK, plus benefits, says the recruiter. http://www.bt.dk/royalt/artikel:aid=471732/

Let us just see what the future has in store for her!
She is such a great woman!

I think that article is very interesting.
Because it shows us what could be.

So far it looks to me as if Alexandra picked out the best pieces of the cake.
She gets a lot of money from the state for very few engagements (~20 in 2006 until now)
and can be either a "royal" or a "private person" just as she likes.

I always had the feeling that Alexandra married Joachim to become a princess (I never saw them as a matching couple)
and therefore never really warmed up with her.
But I give her (and Joachim) credit for the classy way of handling their divorce.
It did not change my opinion, though.
I mean, if you want to stay a princess despite your divorce then you have to behave well and do not annoy the queen.:ROFLMAO:

If Alexandra would stop playing the princess and go her own way,
meaning start working again and marry Martin (or someone else)
then I would admit that I was wrong and begin to call her a great woman.

I don't like the way Alexandra has been pulling her hair back so tightly at the last 2 events. A little looser would look much better I think.

But her body is incredible shape!

norwegianne said:
BT today has an article on what Alexandra might do, should she marry Martin and have to pay tax on her allowance and purchases. They've talked to a director and a recruiter who consider that with her previous experience from Hong Kong, as well as the network she has in Denmark, she would be an asset to the companies. She has also shown that she can handle pressure. A yearly wage mentioned would be around 2.5 milion DKK, plus benefits, says the recruiter. http://www.bt.dk/royalt/artikel:aid=471732/
Princess Alexandra has been seen as a qualified person in doing her duty and the news above have shown that it has been approved by some experts. I could see that not every princess has this and then not every princess might have a good offer and chance like what Alex has (including to get a bigger salary than the one from a princess job) after they divorced their prince husband. Now I start comparing between many princesses and think who will get something like what Alex got if they divorced their prince husband:neutral:.

Paulette said:
Let us just see what the future has in store for her!
She is such a great woman!
I hope she will choose the best one for her. She has been seen as a great lady so far, and I think she will still be it no matter with that princess title or not; marry or not.

ricarda said:
I think that article is very interesting.
Because it shows us what could be.

So far it looks to me as if Alexandra picked out the best pieces of the cake.
She gets a lot of money from the state for very few engagements (~20 in 2006 until now)
and can be either a "royal" or a "private person" just as she likes.

I always had the feeling that Alexandra married Joachim to become a princess (I never saw them as a matching couple)
and therefore never really warmed up with her.
But I give her (and Joachim) credit for the classy way of handling their divorce.
It did not change my opinion, though.
I mean, if you want to stay a princess despite your divorce then you have to behave well and do not annoy the queen.:ROFLMAO:

If Alexandra would stop playing the princess and go her own way,
meaning start working again and marry Martin (or someone else)
then I would admit that I was wrong and begin to call her a great woman.

I respectively disagree with you. Alexandra was a hardworking business executive before she married Joachim. During their marriage, she did many royal engagements - many more than she is doing now. The royal household probably has a say in how many engagements she should be going - as a divorced princess they seemed to want to keep her part of the family but not as their principal representative. It makes a lot of sense to me. Alexandra's role is reduced as Mary's profile increases.

Could you please read my post carefully before disagreeing?
Did I refer in any way to what Alexandra was before she married?

I say:
She married, she is divorced now, so why not be a hard working business executive again?

It's quite clear that Alex's role is reduced while Mary's role increases. This would have been in any case.

But Alexandra gets a lot of money from the state now,
and it was said this is because she will continue her work with her patronages.
She is supposed to be so dedicated to her patronages.
So, why does she work so little?

About her many engagements during her marriage:
As far as I can remember, Alexandra did not do much in the first years of her marriage, then she had her children, then came her busiest years: 2003-2005, ~1 1/2 year before and ~1 1/2year after the announcement of divorce.

Last edited:
Princess Alexandra and Crown Princess Mary are both amazing women... the Danish royal family really has found wonderful additions to the family.

Alexandra is doing a great job as a divorced member of the royal family, as a mother and as a public figure. I'm happy that she's found happiness again.

I love the inquisitive looks on Felix's face..haha..
It seems like the Princess' sons have cultivated a great friendship with Martin.

ricarda said:
I say:
She married, she is divorced now, so why not be a hard working business executive again?
Well for one she's been out of the workplace for so long it may well prove very difficult for her to find a job again. Finance and banking is a very competitive field, most employers would want somebody who is fresh and able to dedicate her time fully.

Why take a job that would require long hours and most likely travels away from her children. She can affort to concentrate on working with organizations in the capacity of unpaid sponsor and representative. Such organizations will benefit from her professional expertise and her recognition as a loved and respected princess. It is a win-win situation and she can affort it.

Does Alexandra receive some sort of payment for all of her work with organizations and charities? Or from the Royal House, the Queen maybe? Just wondering becuase she was part of the family and she did bear two royal children... Sorry if this has already been asked and discussed....

:flowers:

RachelD said:
Does Alexandra receive some sort of payment for all of her work with organizations and charities? Or from the Royal House, the Queen maybe? Just wondering becuase she was part of the family and she did bear two royal children... Sorry if this has already been asked and discussed....

:flowers:
When the couple divorced Alexandra was granted DKK 1.8m (Joachim gets DKK 1.9m) per year (see http://kongehuset.dk/publish.php?dogtag=k_en_org_sta at the bottom)

Thank you UserDane! By the way...I love your avatar! I just love Colin Firth!
O.k. now I'm probably going to get reprimanded for mentioning him...:wub: sorry!

I like Princess Alexandra very much and enjoy seeing her,but I wish she would get a new suit and hat.I have lost count of the times she has worn them!

i love those shoes!

I believed Alexandra worked in sales and marketing prior to her marriage. I daresay, if the situation changed and she no longer received money from the Danish government. She could and would get a job.

Zonk said:
I believed Alexandra worked in sales and marketing prior to her marriage. I daresay, if the situation changed and she no longer received money from the Danish government. She could and would get a job.

but she still as granted DKK but she will visit people and kids but she been patrons and president but she will known as no matter for that but she is no longer of Royals and im sure they cant give their money from Government i dont know if she will receive money come from i have no idea like as late Diana,Princess of Wales receive money when she divorces from Prince Charles in 1996

Little_star said:
Well for one she's been out of the workplace for so long it may well prove very difficult for her to find a job again. Finance and banking is a very competitive field, most employers would want somebody who is fresh and able to dedicate her time fully.

I was originally commenting an article which mentioned that she could very easily get a job because of her know-how and her connections.
Therefore your argument isn't valid.

Alexandra could work if she would want it and I am sure she could even get a part-time job.
But obviously she is content with her current situation - and who wouldn't be?

pic05.jpg

Alexandra's skirt is far too short to cross her legs like - "total miss" in terms of style. She looks so "awful"! :rolleyes:

Credit Madeleine Glindorf for the photo.

Last edited:
No need for the photographer to take a photo at that angle and even less need to post it here.

grevinnan said:
No need for the photographer to take a photo at that angle and even less need to post it here.

Alexandra is 42 years old and she should understand well the consequences of her behaviour and actions. In my opinion, Alexandra may pose it on purpose so that she can draw all the photographers' attention to her.

Don't blame on the photographer since Alexandra is NOT a kid! :rolleyes: I think Alexandra is an attention seeker and she likes in the spotlight. She definitely loves to show off herself for the cameras.

Last edited:
I stand by my comment. In order to see up someones leg you have to crouch down. It is the photographer that has an issue in this case and not Princess Alexandra.

I think there's nothing wrong on that photo. And I also think, that skirt isn't that short. In my oppinion the biggest problem is in her style of sitting.
So it's not problem of Madeleine, of skirt, but of princess :lol: Anyway she has beautiful legs :lol: :ROFLMAO:

MaddeDK, your pictures are wonderful. It is not the angle or the photographer, it is just the skirt was way too short! It is easier, however, to blame the photographer...she needs to make her skirts longer by a couple of inches. Great photos! Wonderful job!

I am confused.

How long is her skirt supposed to be? If you look at post 91...the skirt reaches her knees...are we saying that another two inches past her knees would make that much of a difference. I think not...but everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion.

I am also baffled by the comments that she should know better and she is looking for attention cause she is 42 years old! Sorry Linda Hsu..not trying to pick on you BUT its not like she is dressing like Lindsay Lohan or Paris Hilton for goodness sake. Other than the angle picture..she is very appropriately clothed for an public event.

And thank you MaddeK for the pics..they look great as usual. And it should be noted that this outfit is a retread..she has worn it several times before in the past.

grevinnan said:
I stand by my comment. In order to see up someones leg you have to crouch down. It is the photographer that has an issue in this case and not Princess Alexandra.

I disagree.
Alexandra should know by now what she can wear and how she should sit while wearing it.
She knew and saw that there were photographers in front of her,
and she could see that some of them were crouching down.
But obviously she likes to show her legs.
Remember the baptism of Prince Christian?
Alexandra in her coat dress with no skirt underneath?
You could see her legs up to her hips while she walked down the middleway of the church.
But I guess that was the fault of the TV-cameramen?

ricarda said:
I disagree.
Alexandra should know by now what she can wear and how she should sit while wearing it.
She knew and saw that there were photographers in front of her,
and she could see that some of them were crouching down.
But obviously she likes to show her legs.
Remember the baptism of Prince Christian?
Alexandra in her coat dress with no skirt underneath?
You could see her legs up to her hips while she walked down the middleway of the church.
But I guess that was the fault of the TV-cameramen?

Ricarda...I am going to take a shot in the dark and say based upon this posts and others...that you don't care for Alexandra. And you are certainly entitled to your opinion.....you don't need to explain your dislike and I am not trying to make this into a What don't you like Alexandra thread:neutral: HOWEVER..I am confused about your statement regarding her outfit during the baptism of Prince Christian. I reviewd the baptism thread..and she was dressed appropriately again IMO. Her coat dress ended at her knees. Are you referring to the end of the ceremony when the wind blew up her dress a little? I wouldn't say she did that on purpose.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom