Princess Alexandra, Current Events 3: April 2006 - March 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, well, I couldn't translate every word, so maybe some Dane might help us out here. ;) But here it goes:
Gerda Prize for Anni and Laila Kanafani

21-08-2006 Princess Alexandra handed over the Gerda Prize to Anni Kanafani and her daughter Laila Kanafani who accepted the Prize on monday for their work with [at drive bornehave = ?] according to the art pedagogical principle in the palestinian refugee [camps?] in Lebanon, even in summer during the war. The purpose of the Gerda Prize is to honor foreign participation and engagement in [daginstitutions = ?] and social pedagogy.
So she gave a prize to a non-danish mother- daughter- duo. Is that correct?

P.S.: Good to see her again. It's so few and far between nowadays. :sad:

P.P.S.: Over at the GREMB someone posted that Joachim and Martin were at Nikolai's birthday!

Last edited:
Ms Griffin said:
P.P.S.: Over at the GREMB someone posted that Joachim and Martin were at Nikolai's birthday!

I thought they'd broken up? I'm glad he put in an appearance, no matter what their status.

Pss. Alexandra looks wonderful!

Ms Griffin said:
Okay, well, I couldn't translate every word, so maybe some Dane might help us out here. ;) But here it goes: So she gave a prize to a non-danish mother- daughter- duo. Is that correct?

'drive børnehave' means to run a kindergarten. And 'daginstitutioner' refers to day nurseries and kindergartens.

A short video clips of princess Alexandra, I like her lively expression when she talks to people, it shows that she has interested in many thing and seems to know the topic quiet well to keep the conversation goes well (well it my impression of her from some of video clips only of course). http://www.dr.dk/DR1/TVAVISEN/tvaindslag.htm 30 August in news time 18.30 click the last news Alexandra på kaj (the last news):flowers:

It is nice to see Ps Alexandra after such a long time.
I like the bond that unites her with her sons.

Thanks UserDane. :flowers: I had translated daginstitutioner with the german Tagesinstitution (day institution) which would have been another word for kindergarten, but wasn't sure if it was right. But it makes sense with all the pedagogy! Should have known. :lol:

And thanks for the clip galuhcandrakirana. :flowers:

galuhcandrakirana said:
A short video clips of princess Alexandra, I like her lively expression when she talks to people, it shows that she has interested in many thing and seems to know the topic quiet well to keep the conversation goes well (well it my impression of her from some of video clips only of course). http://www.dr.dk/DR1/TVAVISEN/tvaindslag.htm 30 August in news time 18.30 click the last news Alexandra på kaj (the last news):flowers:
Pictures from this event, Alexandra opens maritime festival, from scanpix via TV2

This is a link to a REALLY nice article about Alexandra going to Nikolai's birthday party. I think that Joachim and Alexandra are a wonderful example of divorced parents who still remain on very good terms, even at the least, for the sake of their children. They should be an example to other couples, although I'd hate to see forced interaction. But Joachim and Alexandra always seem to still care for each other, in a way. It's very good for both boys to see their parents being affectionate, even if they are no longer together.

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7004724023
Princess Alexandra Joins Former Husband At Son's Birthday Party

Copenhagen, Denmark (BANG) - The entire royal family gathered for Denmark's Prince Nikolai's birthday, including his parents, who have made a constant effort to be actively present together at special occasions such as their son's birthday celebration.

According to Hello! magazine, the prince's mother, Princess Alexandra, was photographed arriving at her son's birthday event and greeting her former husband, Joachim, with a kiss on the cheek, as her son Nikolai played tag with his four-year old brother, Felix.

At least, it is better now because we have new pictures of her from her recent appearances. I do hope that we could see her performing more duties in public in the near future.

If to base from her recent pictures, I would say that the princess has not lost her touch of style and charisma. She embodies a woman of simplicity yet of good grace and intelligence. I love that last picture of her hugging a girl. She did not even mind that her hat was somewhat removed from her head.. =)

With regards to the article on Nikolai's birthday, I am very delighted that even though Princess Alex and Prince Joachim are already divorced but still they maintain a good relationship. It is one very important aspect that they should consider especially that they have two sons who are not yet that mature enough to be able to grasp the whole idea of marriage/divorce matters of couples. I hope that they would still continue to support each other especially in matters pertaining with the kids.

Bravo to Alexandra and Joachim putting up a united front for their childen. Apparently a warm one too. Others could learn from their example.

its really wonderful to see Princess Alexandria performing public duty again, hope she continues.

i am glad alexandra is still friends with joachim , sometimes it can be really hard to stay friends but i am sure its for their childrens sake , but i am sure they still care for each other the way friends do

alexandra is looking well and looks younger than her age , her children seem to grow up quick

I love her hat! It's nice to see her happy like this! :flowers:

m_23736063_0.jpg
First public outing for princess Alexandra and Martin Joergensen during the wedding of friends in Copenhagen at the weekend. :flowers: She is very nice and Martin too. Beautiful princess

From Hello

Last edited:
kil said:
First public outing for princess Alexandra and Martin Joergensen during the wedding of friends friends in Copenhagen at the weekend. :flowers: She is very nice and Martin too. Beautiful princess

From Hello

FINALLY! :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the colour of her dress it suits her very well.She looks very happy with Martin.

Even with a new beau she is still a huge asset for the Danish monarchy. Love her!

wow, I am speechless! Alex looks stunning and yet very brave to show the public about her relationship with Martin is steady. You go girl!!

Azur said:
wow, I am speechless! Alex looks stunning and yet very brave to show the public about her relationship with Martin is steady. You go girl!!
Couldn't agree more! Good for her!!:flowers:

I agree. She looks v happy with Martin at the wedding. I like how she has taken time before being 'officially' seen, as such, with him. It makes me think that this is a relationship she wants to keep as private and normal as can be.

Lizy said:
I agree. She looks v happy with Martin at the wedding. I like how she has taken time before being 'officially' seen, as such, with him. It makes me think that this is a relationship she wants to keep as private and normal as can be.
Yes I agree with this, definitely. And the fact that Alexandra and her boyfriend came together to the wedding of one of Joachim's best friends, with him attending, shows also that they're all really trying to let each other be happy and make it work.

Danielane said:
I thought they had broken up :huh:
Another proof telling us not to believe every single thing the press writes! :lol:

its so nice to see her again in public . . . wish to see her more.

Princess Alexandra is a very stylish and charismatic women.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom