The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #241  
Old 10-24-2006, 03:02 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 1,060
Zonk, you don't have to take a shot in the dark because I actually expressed my feelings towards Alexandra in an earlier post in this thread.

I am referring to the beginning of the baptism when Alexandra walked down the middleway of the church and sat down.
I don't know if there were pictures capturing this moment but you could clearly see it on TV (I saw it on Norwegian TV).
__________________

  #242  
Old 10-24-2006, 03:17 PM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 11,330
Like I said..its pretty clear you don't like her. And you don't have to.

IMO...Alexandra hasn't done anything (at least that I know of) that she needs ashamed of. As I mentioned before...I reviewed the baptism thread...and perhaps she could have worn a weight on the front of dress..but I don't see anyone else being criticized because the wind blew up their dress. Alexandra has always represented her sons, herself, the Queen and Denmark in an extremely positive light. I guess that is why she is so well thought of by the Danish. I am not saying all of them like or love her. But at least some of them do.......the Queen and her family and perhaps some members of the Danish government who authorized/approved her salary/budget/wages, etc. And thats all that really matters. If they had an uproar from the public...I am sure it will be reduced or not paid at all.
__________________

  #243  
Old 10-24-2006, 03:43 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 1,060
Once again..it was not the wind who blew up her dress while she was walking to her seat in the church.
I would not critizise her for that (despite my dislike).
It was a lack of skirt and decency.

And I don't know what the Danish people, royal family and government have to do with Alexandra's exhibitionism.
They will not deny her the money because of her bare legs
but perhaps if she continues to work as little as she did this year.
  #244  
Old 10-25-2006, 04:32 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: singapore, Singapore
Posts: 318
Everyone needs to calm down. I agree with Zonk. Madeleine did not do anything wrong. All she did was take some amazing photos. As mentioned they are great photos and she has been kind enough to share them with us and I think I express the sentiments of most of us when I have to say a BIG Thank You to her for her wonderful photos. Secondly, I know some of you do not like Alexandra for whatever reason, and as such, no matter what she does or wears will irritate you. She has worn this outfit numerous times before and there haven't been any negative comments about it. She could wear a cloak and some of us would have negative statements about why she is wearing a cloak!

This is a small matter that's been blown out of proportion. When we look at the grand scheme of things in life, there is no reason to get upset about the angle of a photo or a skirt someone is wearing. Let's keep things in perspective. If we can't say anything nice or positive let's try not to say anything and move on. Life is too short to harp on these little things. Don't sweat the small stuff, because it is a really small issue. I hope I haven't been a nag. So everyone have a nice day and don't stress, okay?
  #245  
Old 10-25-2006, 04:51 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessDianafan
Everyone needs to calm down. I agree with Zonk. Madeleine did not do anything wrong. All she did was take some amazing photos. As mentioned they are great photos and she has been kind enough to share them with us and I think I express the sentiments of most of us when I have to say a BIG Thank You to her for her wonderful photos. Secondly, I know some of you do not like Alexandra for whatever reason, and as such, no matter what she does or wears will irritate you. She has worn this outfit numerous times before and there haven't been any negative comments about it. She could wear a cloak and some of us would have negative statements about why she is wearing a cloak!

This is a small matter that's been blown out of proportion. When we look at the grand scheme of things in life, there is no reason to get upset about the angle of a photo or a skirt someone is wearing. Let's keep things in perspective. If we can't say anything nice or positive let's try not to say anything and move on. Life is too short to harp on these little things. Don't sweat the small stuff, because it is a really small issue. I hope I haven't been a nag. So everyone have a nice day and don't stress, okay?
Bravo! I agree wholeheartedly.
  #246  
Old 10-25-2006, 05:56 AM
Little_star's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricarda
I was originally commenting an article which mentioned that she could very easily get a job because of her know-how and her connections.
Therefore your argument isn't valid.
Would she be able to sustain it though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricarda
Alexandra could work if she would want it and I am sure she could even get a part-time job.
Queen Margrethe has always struck me a very "old school" monarch, I doubt she would want a former daughter-in-law and mother to the 4th and 5th in line of the throne working in an office.
__________________
Please give whatever you can to the DEC's Pakistan Floods Appeal. Millions of lives are at risk
http://www.dec.org.uk/index.html
  #247  
Old 10-25-2006, 07:14 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 1,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessDianafan
Everyone needs to calm down. I agree with Zonk. Madeleine did not do anything wrong. All she did was take some amazing photos. As mentioned they are great photos and she has been kind enough to share them with us and I think I express the sentiments of most of us when I have to say a BIG Thank You to her for her wonderful photos. Secondly, I know some of you do not like Alexandra for whatever reason, and as such, no matter what she does or wears will irritate you. She has worn this outfit numerous times before and there haven't been any negative comments about it. She could wear a cloak and some of us would have negative statements about why she is wearing a cloak!

This is a small matter that's been blown out of proportion. When we look at the grand scheme of things in life, there is no reason to get upset about the angle of a photo or a skirt someone is wearing. Let's keep things in perspective. If we can't say anything nice or positive let's try not to say anything and move on. Life is too short to harp on these little things. Don't sweat the small stuff, because it is a really small issue. I hope I haven't been a nag. So everyone have a nice day and don't stress, okay?
Thank you for trying to calm things down but I was actually very calm.
I just happen to have a sceptical approach towards Alexandra.
And please read posts carefully before you respond and disagree/agree.

I did not say Madeleine did anything wrong, nor did Zonk.
(Therefore I can't quite see why you agree with her on that subject.)
I also did not critizise Alexandra's recycled dress.

IMO she dressed in a conservative, ladylike way but she did not sit like a lady.
And it's not the first time she does it. That's my criticism.
It may be a small thing but for me it is somehow symbolic.
IMO Alexandra is a hypocrite, with a good-looking surface and not much underneath
(like her coatdress at the baptism).
That's why I started to dislike her.

And this is a messageboard where we can express our opinions, good and bad.
  #248  
Old 10-25-2006, 07:26 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 1,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
Would she be able to sustain it though?
Well, that's a problem every working person has to deal with, isn't it?
And why should Alexandra not be able to sustain it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
Queen Margrethe has always struck me a very "old school" monarch, I doubt she would want a former daughter-in-law and mother to the 4th and 5th in line of the throne working in an office.
I doubt she wanted the 3rd in line to the throne (and the mother and father of the 4th and 5th in line) to be divorced, but he is.
Not saying that it is Alexandra's fault but that
things do not always work out like the Queen may want them.
  #249  
Old 10-25-2006, 09:51 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: SYDNEY, Australia
Posts: 169
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricarda
Thank you for trying to calm things down but I was actually very calm.
I just happen to have a sceptical approach towards Alexandra.
And please read posts carefully before you respond and disagree/agree.

I did not say Madeleine did anything wrong, nor did Zonk.
(Therefore I can't quite see why you agree with her on that subject.)
I also did not critizise Alexandra's recycled dress.

IMO she dressed in a conservative, ladylike way but she did not sit like a lady.
And it's not the first time she does it. That's my criticism.
It may be a small thing but for me it is somehow symbolic.
IMO Alexandra is a hypocrite, with a good-looking surface and not much underneath
(like her coatdress at the baptism).
That's why I started to dislike her.

And this is a messageboard where we can express our opinions, good and bad.
Spot on......Ricarda. Very well said! I always love and enjoy your posts. You are very eloquent to put things in perspective.

Once again, you have hit the nail on the head. I agree with you wholeheartedly.

There is no fault of our beloved and talented photographer - Madeleine Glindorf. It is simply the way Alexandra sitting on the chair - the look it allows under her skirt . It is a "total miss" in terms of style, not as a Princess on an official function.

So, it is noone's fault other than Alexandra's bad and indecent sitting posture. Alexandra is accountable to herself for her own actions.
  #250  
Old 10-25-2006, 11:09 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: singapore, Singapore
Posts: 318
I think my point has been missed. The email was to not merely say it's a skirt. Okay, I may have phrased in a way that could be misread, probably I did, but I was agreeing with a previous post about it not being Madeleine's fault about the picture, as there was one post(not yours by the way) which implied she purposely took it from that angle. There is nothing anyone can do to change the way Alexandra dresses. I don't think she's the fashion icon many people think or claim she is and I don't think she is comparable to Diana as has been mentioned in articles of the past. Alexandra is going to dress how she dresses. Fergie made the same mistakes with her wardrobe, but let's not even go there.

You are entitled to your opinions, everyone is. But don't let what she wears or how she sits get to you. But don't most ladies cross their legs? Then again in the movie Princess Diaries, the princess was encouraged to sit with her legs crossed at the ankles and that is how Princess Diana sat occasionally. We will never know Alexandra's true motivations or intentions we can only make assumptions and that is a dangerous thing because assumptions may or may not be true and if it isn't we're getting all worked up for no reason. I'm not saying that this may be true, but I'm saying this from personal experience. I've assumed a lot of things and gotten worked up about things only to find out there was no reason to get worked up in the first place, do you know what I mean? As this is a forum, it is very difficult to read ones' tone, so I apologize if I misread yours as not being calm and I hope you don't misread mine. Like I said, it's a skirt, she's an ex wife of a prince and she's going to irritate some of us but not others with what she does, but let's not make a big deal out of it. Life is too short for a princess to irritate you, a boss or a colleague maybe. Let's accentuate the positive. Have a good day.
  #251  
Old 10-25-2006, 12:04 PM
fanletizia's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 4,269
Princess Alexandra visit RCT, Rehabilitation and Research Centre for Torture Victims in Copenhagen.

from polfoto




[URL=http://img102.imageshack.us/my.php?image=4473dv6.jpg][/URL
  #252  
Old 10-25-2006, 01:19 PM
Little_star's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Hsu
So, it is noone's fault other than Alexandra's bad and indecent sitting posture. Alexandra is accountable to herself for her own actions. In fact, there are many photos of Alexandra in that sitting position as below
So I guess that means most Royal ladies have "bad and indecent sitting posture" as I can recall seeing alot of them sat in a similar manner. Diana, Mary, Rania, Maxima. All bad and indecent it woudl seem!

Thank you for the new photos, fanletizia. That grey suit is gorgeous.
__________________
Please give whatever you can to the DEC's Pakistan Floods Appeal. Millions of lives are at risk
http://www.dec.org.uk/index.html
  #253  
Old 10-25-2006, 01:23 PM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 11,330
Exactly Little Star! Isn't that one of the ways a lady should sit in a chair?

And here's a question for the ladies out there...if you wore a coat dress would you also wear a skirt? Isn't that a little redundant. I have never done so...but maybe I am missing something.

Alexandra looks lovely in her most recent engagement. Thanks for the pics!
  #254  
Old 10-25-2006, 01:27 PM
Little_star's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricarda
Well, that's a problem every working person has to deal with, isn't it?
And why should Alexandra not be able to sustain it?
I was thinking from the fact that she's been out of the job market for such a long time. There is no way she would be able to re-enter the workplace at the high level she was at before.
__________________
Please give whatever you can to the DEC's Pakistan Floods Appeal. Millions of lives are at risk
http://www.dec.org.uk/index.html
  #255  
Old 10-25-2006, 01:50 PM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 11,330
I think Alexandra could go back to work (although who are we to say she isn't working now) and sustain if she'd like. But somehow.....I don't think the Queen would like her ex daughter in law to go back to office grind. She appears to be satisfied with Alex doing public engagements. I am sure if Joachim remarries...then they (Joachim, Alex, the new wife, and the Queen) will readjust their thinking but why change it now...it seems to be working.
  #256  
Old 10-25-2006, 01:57 PM
Little_star's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk
Exactly Little Star! Isn't that one of the ways a lady should sit in a chair?
Actually, I think the correct way is to sit with your feet together at the ankles. However I think most people just don't care these days.
I think the recent pictures should be put down to a combination of a bad camera angle (unintentional) and bad posture on Alex's part. After all, the skirt isn't indecently short or anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk
I think Alexandra could go back to work (although who are we to say she isn't working now) and sustain if she'd like. But somehow.....I don't think the Queen would like her ex daughter in law to go back to office grind. She appears to be satisfied with Alex doing public engagements. I am sure if Joachim remarries...then they (Joachim, Alex, the new wife, and the Queen) will readjust their thinking but why change it now...it seems to be working.
That's the way I see it as well. Moreover I think in a way it's the Queen's way of saying thanks to Alex for her dedication to the family in the past.
__________________
Please give whatever you can to the DEC's Pakistan Floods Appeal. Millions of lives are at risk
http://www.dec.org.uk/index.html
  #257  
Old 10-25-2006, 02:10 PM
RachelD's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: My Home, United States
Posts: 697
Any real lady, including royals and commoners, need to be careful when wearing knee (or shorter) length skirts and sitting. Wether you cross your legs or not, we must make sure to "tuck in" our skirts once we have been seated to avoid this sort of 'wardrobe malfunction', I guess that's what it's called, right?

I took etiquette classes (my mother forced me to do this when I was 10!) and this is one of the first things we were taught.
  #258  
Old 10-25-2006, 06:33 PM
Caswallan's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Calgary, Canada
Posts: 85
I liked this grey suit on her much better then the brown one. I wish she would wear more color. She looks really nice in Red and Turquoise.
  #259  
Old 10-25-2006, 06:50 PM
RachelD's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: My Home, United States
Posts: 697
Yes, I also liked this gray suit on her rather than the brown one.
  #260  
Old 10-25-2006, 07:44 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New Jersey, United States
Posts: 284
I was around three years ago when Alexandra and Joachim were still married and the comments on Alexandra were almost uniformly positive. Did all those people leave the boards or did they change their minds about her? She's in a bad position, and handling it gracefully. I can't believe anyone would think that Alexandra meant to be photographed in this way, or that she was unduly careless. You can clearly see that the skirt was long enough when she was standing. Why don't people give her a break?
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Princess Alexandra Current Events Part 6 Mandy Princess Caroline and Family 502 10-03-2016 09:08 AM
Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 7: November 2006 - March 2007 Lasse Pedersen Current Events Archive 397 03-20-2007 04:19 AM
Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 5: May - December 2006 Mandy Current Events Archive 433 12-19-2006 02:23 PM
Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 3: November 2004 - May 2005 Mandy Current Events Archive 513 05-26-2005 06:24 PM
Princess Alexandra, Current Events 1: November 2002 - May 2005 kelly9480 Current Events Archive 559 05-18-2005 12:03 AM




Popular Tags
90th birthday of queen elizabeth ii ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit best summer outfit 2016 catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion fashion poll fashion poll october 2016 grand duke jean greece hereditary grand duchess stéphanie kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats princess sofia and alexander queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 sheikha moza state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:52 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises