The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 12:56 AM
Courtier

I love the inquisitive looks on Felix's face..haha..
It seems like the Princess' sons have cultivated a great friendship with Martin.

Never let go of anyone that you could not go a day without thinking about. There just might be a very good reason why they're always on your mind. Sometimes, it's the brain that knows too well what the heart tries so hard to deny
~ ~ Anonymous ~ ~
Old 10-23-2006, 11:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricarda
I say:
She married, she is divorced now, so why not be a hard working business executive again?
Well for one she's been out of the workplace for so long it may well prove very difficult for her to find a job again. Finance and banking is a very competitive field, most employers would want somebody who is fresh and able to dedicate her time fully.

Old 10-23-2006, 12:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Why take a job that would require long hours and most likely travels away from her children. She can affort to concentrate on working with organizations in the capacity of unpaid sponsor and representative. Such organizations will benefit from her professional expertise and her recognition as a loved and respected princess. It is a win-win situation and she can affort it.
Old 10-23-2006, 02:53 PM
Courtier

Does Alexandra receive some sort of payment for all of her work with organizations and charities? Or from the Royal House, the Queen maybe? Just wondering becuase she was part of the family and she did bear two royal children... Sorry if this has already been asked and discussed....

Old 10-23-2006, 05:19 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelD
Does Alexandra receive some sort of payment for all of her work with organizations and charities? Or from the Royal House, the Queen maybe? Just wondering becuase she was part of the family and she did bear two royal children... Sorry if this has already been asked and discussed....

When the couple divorced Alexandra was granted DKK 1.8m (Joachim gets DKK 1.9m) per year (see http://kongehuset.dk/publish.php?dogtag=k_en_org_sta at the bottom)
Old 10-23-2006, 05:50 PM
Courtier

Thank you UserDane! By the way...I love your avatar! I just love Colin Firth!
O.k. now I'm probably going to get reprimanded for mentioning him... sorry!
Old 10-23-2006, 06:59 PM
Aristocracy

I like Princess Alexandra very much and enjoy seeing her,but I wish she would get a new suit and hat.I have lost count of the times she has worn them!
Old 10-23-2006, 07:10 PM
Moderator Emeritus

i love those shoes!

Old 10-23-2006, 07:52 PM
Administrator

I believed Alexandra worked in sales and marketing prior to her marriage. I daresay, if the situation changed and she no longer received money from the Danish government. She could and would get a job.
Old 10-23-2006, 10:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk
I believed Alexandra worked in sales and marketing prior to her marriage. I daresay, if the situation changed and she no longer received money from the Danish government. She could and would get a job.
but she still as granted DKK but she will visit people and kids but she been patrons and president but she will known as no matter for that but she is no longer of Royals and im sure they cant give their money from Government i dont know if she will receive money come from i have no idea like as late Diana,Princess of Wales receive money when she divorces from Prince Charles in 1996
Old 10-24-2006, 08:06 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
Well for one she's been out of the workplace for so long it may well prove very difficult for her to find a job again. Finance and banking is a very competitive field, most employers would want somebody who is fresh and able to dedicate her time fully.
I was originally commenting an article which mentioned that she could very easily get a job because of her know-how and her connections.
Therefore your argument isn't valid.

Alexandra could work if she would want it and I am sure she could even get a part-time job.
But obviously she is content with her current situation - and who wouldn't be?
Old 10-24-2006, 09:58 AM
Aristocracy

Alexandra's skirt is far too short to cross her legs like - "total miss" in terms of style. She looks so "awful"!

Credit Madeleine Glindorf for the photo.
Old 10-24-2006, 10:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

No need for the photographer to take a photo at that angle and even less need to post it here.
Old 10-24-2006, 10:43 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan
No need for the photographer to take a photo at that angle and even less need to post it here.
Alexandra is 42 years old and she should understand well the consequences of her behaviour and actions. In my opinion, Alexandra may pose it on purpose so that she can draw all the photographers' attention to her.

Don't blame on the photographer since Alexandra is NOT a kid! I think Alexandra is an attention seeker and she likes in the spotlight. She definitely loves to show off herself for the cameras.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

I stand by my comment. In order to see up someones leg you have to crouch down. It is the photographer that has an issue in this case and not Princess Alexandra.
Old 10-24-2006, 12:38 PM
Serene Highness

I think there's nothing wrong on that photo. And I also think, that skirt isn't that short. In my oppinion the biggest problem is in her style of sitting.
So it's not problem of Madeleine, of skirt, but of princess Anyway she has beautiful legs
Old 10-24-2006, 01:11 PM
Courtier

MaddeDK, your pictures are wonderful. It is not the angle or the photographer, it is just the skirt was way too short! It is easier, however, to blame the photographer...she needs to make her skirts longer by a couple of inches. Great photos! Wonderful job!
Old 10-24-2006, 01:28 PM
Administrator

I am confused.

How long is her skirt supposed to be? If you look at post 91...the skirt reaches her knees...are we saying that another two inches past her knees would make that much of a difference. I think not...but everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion.

I am also baffled by the comments that she should know better and she is looking for attention cause she is 42 years old! Sorry Linda Hsu..not trying to pick on you BUT its not like she is dressing like Lindsay Lohan or Paris Hilton for goodness sake. Other than the angle picture..she is very appropriately clothed for an public event.

And thank you MaddeK for the pics..they look great as usual. And it should be noted that this outfit is a retread..she has worn it several times before in the past.
Old 10-24-2006, 02:09 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan
I stand by my comment. In order to see up someones leg you have to crouch down. It is the photographer that has an issue in this case and not Princess Alexandra.
I disagree.
Alexandra should know by now what she can wear and how she should sit while wearing it.
She knew and saw that there were photographers in front of her,
and she could see that some of them were crouching down.
But obviously she likes to show her legs.
Remember the baptism of Prince Christian?
Alexandra in her coat dress with no skirt underneath?
You could see her legs up to her hips while she walked down the middleway of the church.
But I guess that was the fault of the TV-cameramen?
Old 10-24-2006, 02:29 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricarda
I disagree.
Alexandra should know by now what she can wear and how she should sit while wearing it.
She knew and saw that there were photographers in front of her,
and she could see that some of them were crouching down.
But obviously she likes to show her legs.
Remember the baptism of Prince Christian?
Alexandra in her coat dress with no skirt underneath?
You could see her legs up to her hips while she walked down the middleway of the church.
But I guess that was the fault of the TV-cameramen?
Ricarda...I am going to take a shot in the dark and say based upon this posts and others...that you don't care for Alexandra. And you are certainly entitled to your opinion.....you don't need to explain your dislike and I am not trying to make this into a What don't you like Alexandra thread HOWEVER..I am confused about your statement regarding her outfit during the baptism of Prince Christian. I reviewd the baptism thread..and she was dressed appropriately again IMO. Her coat dress ended at her knees. Are you referring to the end of the ceremony when the wind blew up her dress a little? I wouldn't say she did that on purpose.

Closed Thread