Princess Alexandra, Current Events 2: May 2005 - April 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
norwegianne said:
You can find the Danish laws, among other places, on http://www.ft.dk (in Danish) or http://www.retsinfo.dk (also Danish)

Law about yearly money for Princess Alexandra:
- She has a yearly basic sum of 1.526.000 DKR
- The sum is regulated on April 1st, and October 1st, in concurrence with Danish Statistic Index for Government Employees.
- The sum is paid in monthly rates.
- As long as she doesn't marry again, she'll not have to pay tax out of the money.
- When/if she marries, the yearly sum is replaced by a special tribute, with the same basic sum, but have to pay tax.
- As long as Princess Alexandra gets the yearly sum, or the special tribute, she can't get subsidized for working for the government.

(A mangled translation. I'm a bit tired.)
The sum has been raised since the law was made. Alexandra now gets 1.8 million.
http://kongehuset.dk/artikel.php?dogtag=k_dk_org_okonomi

Stargate said:
She should remarry. She is too good for him. Just because he has statues, it doesn't mean he is the right one for her. He didn't earn his statues,she did through hard work. It's not too healthy to always stay in the snobbish circle, she needs fresh air. She doesn't need to continue to do charity for Denmark just to put up a show. She should spend her time that are more meaningful for herself. The kids should not always stay in that snobbish circle either. She is asian,although she is of mixed ancestry, but she still is asian. Asians cannot be fully accepted in the european circle and cannot fully understand their mentality. I think it's time that she moves on to a better life, being mentally and psycologically healthy. That uppe class circle is really phony in many ways, just look at how innocent Diana was suffering tremendously. Certain women can endure that kind of loneliness, but not everybody. She is natural, unpretentious, that can be seen on her face. She is beautiful enough already, she doen't need a fake fascade to brighten her up.

Good luck my dear princess! Treat yourself well! Forget about him, he is nothing compared to you. Your real prince is waiting for you!!!!
Too bad some people seem to want to make an issue of her ancestry:(

Notice that her children are also partially asian as well, like their mother -- and they are also royalty. It is ridiculous to think, in my opinion, that her heritage keeps her from being accepted. That would mean that her children wounld not be accepted fully also -- which I think is a crazy notion. Anyone with that idea on her, well, she does not need to ever be bothered with such small minded people anyway.

In the end, wealth, power, privledge and status tend to negate all that other crazy stuff that people want to use to divide themselves. She and her children have all of that (what most people think they themselves want) so it does not matter what anyone thinks anyway.

I like her, she's great!:)

Stargate said:
She should remarry. She is too good for him. Just because he has statues, it doesn't mean he is the right one for her. He didn't earn his statues,she did through hard work. It's not too healthy to always stay in the snobbish circle, she needs fresh air. She doesn't need to continue to do charity for Denmark just to put up a show. She should spend her time that are more meaningful for herself. The kids should not always stay in that snobbish circle either. She is asian,although she is of mixed ancestry, but she still is asian. Asians cannot be fully accepted in the european circle and cannot fully understand their mentality. I think it's time that she moves on to a better life, being mentally and psycologically healthy. That uppe class circle is really phony in many ways, just look at how innocent Diana was suffering tremendously. Certain women can endure that kind of loneliness, but not everybody. She is natural, unpretentious, that can be seen on her face. She is beautiful enough already, she doen't need a fake fascade to brighten her up.

Good luck my dear princess! Treat yourself well! Forget about him, he is nothing compared to you. Your real prince is waiting for you!!!!

I don't think that ancestry has anything to do with it. Neither do I think has culture have anything to do with it. If that were true then I cite Crown Princess Mary and Crown Princess Maxima who were not of that cultural background but still are accepted. Or are you talking about race here? If so, you're wrong. If anyone of these princesses didn't think they could rise to the occasion and perform in anyway up to the standards, I'm sure they would have chosen another path.

Just put yourself in their shoes, could you do that? Could you leave your home, traditions, friends, language and go to another world where you would have to learn everything from scratch? I salute these brave women who rose to the challenge and made a very good life despite having to live in an "alien" culture (in other words something they didn't grow up in) and embracing it as their own.

First of all , in comparison to all the pure european royalty, she does look asian, that' s undeniable. I'm not saying that's negative. I think she is a great looking asian-european lady.

Second of all, it's not a crazy notion. Racial segregation and discriminations are everywhere. And i never said that her being multiracial is what led to her divorce.

"she does not need to ever be bothered with such small minded people anyway."

I am not small minded. You shouldn't make such a remark based on one thing a person says. Living in a multi-racial society and based on observations, i have noticed the complexities in the real world.

And i never said i didn't like her. I never try to attack her or anything. I was just giving out my opinion, like all of the rest of you.

I think it's great that their royal kids are muti-racial. They are differnt and unique

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont think she is asian . yeah she looks a little like asian but still she isnt asian

april said:
i dont think she is asian . yeah she looks a little like asian but still she isnt asian

She is ½ Chinese and ½ Austrian. Her dad is Chinese and her mum is Austrian.

Princess Alexandra arrives and opens the 14the Nordic Adoption Conference & First Gobal Research Conference on Adoption at Copenhagen University 3 years Christian Von Der Lieth presents bouquet flowers to Princess Alexandra Copenhagen Denmark Sept.9,2005

from newscom

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 164
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 227
  • 25.jpg
    25.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 188
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 258
  • 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 191
  • 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 161
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 160
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 212
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 215
bigheadshirmp said:
Princess Alexandra arrives and opens the 14the Nordic Adoption Conference & First Gobal Research Conference on Adoption at Copenhagen University
Princess Alexandra looks very elegant and stylish! Mon dieu! :) Very nice colour on her, and it fits her like a glove.

So great to see her involvement in adoption issues also, I hope the conference was interesting.

rchainho said:
is the 3rd time she uses the hat.

Well she has to save her money now :p :p :p :p but i think it is a nice thing to se that she and her former mother in-law and her former sister in-law are recycling ther dress when they are out on ther jobs.

april said:
no . her dad is 1/2 chinese ,so she just 1/4 chinese

Does anyone have pictures of her parents? Would you please advise if there are any old threads that I can visit?

Thanks,

Princess Alexandra, Countess of Frederiksborg, as protector, attended the opening of Copenhagen International Children’s Festival “BUSTER” at the Palads Cinema. (Translated by GrandDuchess)

www.facetoface.de

Attachments

• 00750502.jpg
    00750502.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 274
  • 00750503.jpg
    00750503.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 237
  • 00750505.jpg
    00750505.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 232
  • 00750526.jpg
    00750526.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 305
  • 00750528.jpg
    00750528.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 254
  • 00750506.jpg
    00750506.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 223
pdas1201 said:
Princess Alexandra, Countess of Frederiksborg, as protector, attended the opening of Copenhagen International Children’s Festival “BUSTER” at the Palads Cinema. (Translated by GrandDuchess)

www.facetoface.de
Princess Alexandra looks smashing, so happy and relaxed! At ease with herself and life.

april said:
no . her dad is 1/2 chinese ,so she just 1/4 chinese

even though, her facial features are more oriental than her sisters.

april said:

Princess Alexandra's Mom is Austrian, her Dad is Chinese, she was born in Hong Kong. Last I checked, Hong Kong is in South East Asia... I think she's Asian :) Or to be more precise, she's Eurasian.

galuhcandrakirana said:
I think its a normal situation that when she agrees to keep working for those charity organisations (of course which belong to Denmark) then the country has to pay her. A princess or not when somebody work for someone they deserve to have payment. Alexandra has proofed that she is capable in doing her job then I am not very surprise if they want her to continue her job as a profesional (doesn't matter she remaries or not). About paying money for life time I don't know the real reason behind the decision (any Danish here can help explain more?), may be paying for life time means including pay her retire salary just like the other retire worker get. About what Joachim pay to her, I think she just gets what pre nuptial agreement had said:) .

I would love to see Princess Alexandra in the public eye and remarried. But look at the otherside of the coin. Prince Joachim will one day remarry and if and when that happens, would his wife take over where Alexandra left off? Will she, the future Princess Joachim, take over Alexandra's patronages as an official member of the Danish Royal Family? Something to think about.

More pics of Alexandra at Caroline Flemming's 30th Birthday Party Masked Ball.

www.rexfeatures.com

Attachments

• 549283a.jpg
    549283a.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 463
  • 549283B.jpg
    549283B.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 496
Lisele said:
I would love to see Princess Alexandra in the public eye and remarried. But look at the otherside of the coin. Prince Joachim will one day remarry and if and when that happens, would his wife take over where Alexandra left off? Will she, the future Princess Joachim, take over Alexandra's patronages as an official member of the Danish Royal Family? Something to think about.

Highly unlikely. She will have to make her own way and decide what her interests are and how she can help the people of Denmark. Any future wife of Joachim will have to create her own role for herself. Alexandra is no longer married to Joachim but has not left Denmark or her responsibilities there. She clearly plans to remain there and there is no reason for her to pass on the responsibilities of her patronages.

Lisele said:
Princess Alexandra's Mom is Austrian, her Dad is Chinese, she was born in Hong Kong. Last I checked, Hong Kong is in South East Asia... I think she's Asian :) Or to be more precise, she's Eurasian.
Her dad half Chinese half British, source: http://www.princessalexandradk.com/MANLEY.htm
"Alexandra's parents are from what background :Richard Manley he is half British and half Chinese .He moved from Shanghai, China to Hong Kong with his family back in 1948. Christa Maria Nigel Manley is from Austria".

Hongkong is part of East Asia, not in South east asia:).
http://www.info.gov.hk/info/hkbrief/eng/ahk.htm

Hong Kong is ideally positioned at the centre of rapidly developing East Asia”.

Last edited:
galuhcandrakirana said:
Her dad half Chinese half British, source: http://www.princessalexandradk.com/MANLEY.htm
"Alexandra's parents are from what background :Richard Manley he is half British and half Chinese .He moved from Shanghai, China to Hong Kong with his family back in 1948. Christa Maria Nigel Manley is from Austria".

Hongkong is part of East Asia, not in South east asia:).
http://www.info.gov.hk/info/hkbrief/eng/ahk.htm

Hong Kong is ideally positioned at the centre of rapidly developing East Asia”.

Hongkong is part of China.

It is really nice and cool to see pictures of royals attending special events such as costume parties, masked balls or masquerade events. I think it is a rare opportunity to look at them wearing these kind of attires because they usually wear attires in contrast to these costumes.
Besides, Princess Alex looks chic and gorgeous in that black attire with that mask thing.

Princess Alex is really close to Henrietta Zobel. They usually shop or hang out together. I have seen pictures to them.

paulette said:
Princess Alex is really close to Henrietta Zobel. They usually shop or hang out together. I have seen pictures to them.
Would you post the pictures please, it will be interesting pictures:)

alextit.gif
20 SEPTEMBER 2005

Denmark's Princess Alexandra has shown off two very different sides to her character after wearing radically contrasting outfits on the same day

CompleteStory

alexandra-dop2a.jpg
When night fell, however, she emerged with a glamorous new look for a masquerade bash
Photo: © Rex

alexandra-dop1a.jpg
The Danish princess began her day looking prim and proper in a lime green suit
Photo: © Rex

She looks great in that black suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom