The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #121  
Old 08-15-2005, 04:20 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by julial
I do not understand why Alex`s parents feel inclined to keep staying at their ex-son-in-law`s estate. Isn`t it a bit weird? A bit too much, IMO. I suppose Alex has put up a lot but her parents continuing to live inside of the Joachim`s estate is a bit low-can they not afford thier own place? Or are they out of cash?
Imagine if Princess Mary's parents decided to do that...Gosh, think of all the uproar it would cause! Some people on this board would start accusing them of living off of the royal family. But, no one would dare say that about Princess Alexandra's parents.

I remember a while back some people were criticising Princess Mary for dating a much younger man before she met Prince Frederik. But, no one seems to mind the fact that Princess Alexandra is dating a man nearly half her age.

Can't you see the double standard when it comes to Princess Mary and Princess Alexandra?
__________________

  #122  
Old 08-15-2005, 04:24 AM
Australian's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 2,150
Yes, i can definately see the double standards! It seems ok for Alex but if Mary does it then its the end of the world as we know it and she is already tried and convicted.

With Mary, its as if some people think they are the judge jury and executioner. I knwo im exagerrating just a tad but its true nonetheless.
__________________

  #123  
Old 08-15-2005, 06:32 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 888
At this forum, once I had read that somebody criticized Alexandra' parents being move and live in Denmark (specially got own place inside schackenborg property)...and prize Mary's parents being stay away from their daughter new homeland.....(sorry I still don't find the post anymore may be the person regret what she/he has said and erased it :p after we know the fact that now Mary's parents move in to her daughter new land and got a good flat which normally never given to foreigner professor of institution where Mr Donaldson works now (some has said it is likely because of his position as RF in-laws and I think it is possible anyway)....

I think all what they get (Mary' parents and Alex' parents) are the favour of the Royal family specially the Queen'. It is still possible that Alex and Mary had asking for that (just my speculation) but without queen permission I don't think they will get it. We know that DRF has some nice gesture (specially the queen) toward their in-laws.

When the first time Alexandra being royal family she also got many criticize once she got racial criticized. In my opinion, after what she has done to
Denmark less people criticize her for anything... Hope, that will happen to Mary after she proves to people that she is also "a valuable gem" for Denmark.
  #124  
Old 08-15-2005, 08:22 AM
Harmony's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Tropical city somewhere near, Singapore
Posts: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by galuhcandrakirana
:p after we know the fact that now Mary's parents move in to her daughter new land and got a good flat which normally never given to foreigner professor of institution where Mr Donaldson works now (some has said it is likely because of his position as RF in-laws and I think it is possible anyway)....

Professor John D.Donaldson will be a guest lecturer for 3 spring terms at Copenhagen university, first half of 2006, 2007, 2008. He is not staying there for good. The University concerned applied for apartments for their foreign lecturers. Whether his daughter married into DRF or not, Profesor John Donaldson like any other foreign lecturers is entitled to apply for apartment to stay.:)
  #125  
Old 08-15-2005, 08:59 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by galuhcandrakirana
At this forum, once I had read that somebody criticized Alexandra' parents being move and live in Denmark (specially got own place inside schackenborg property)...and prize Mary's parents being stay away from their daughter new homeland.....(sorry I still don't find the post anymore may be the person regret what she/he has said and erased it :p after we know the fact that now Mary's parents move in to her daughter new land and got a good flat which normally never given to foreigner professor of institution where Mr Donaldson works now (some has said it is likely because of his position as RF in-laws and I think it is possible anyway)....

I think all what they get (Mary' parents and Alex' parents) are the favour of the Royal family specially the Queen'. It is still possible that Alex and Mary had asking for that (just my speculation) but without queen permission I don't think they will get it. We know that DRF has some nice gesture (specially the queen) toward their in-laws.

When the first time Alexandra being royal family she also got many criticize once she got racial criticized. In my opinion, after what she has done to
Denmark less people criticize her for anything... Hope, that will happen to Mary after she proves to people that she is also "a valuable gem" for Denmark.
Just a couple of points:
(i) I dont think that Alex's parent's residence nor Mary's dad's residence is a gesture from the queen (in Mary's dad's case - the apartment was available to foreign visiting professors. He satisfied the criteria and the bank who owned the apartment picked him).

(ii) The comment about the flat not being "normally ... given to foreigner professor of institution where Mr Donaldson works now" is totally incorrect. The flat is specifically made available by the owners (a bank) to visiting professors from Dr Donaldson's university (and perhaps other universities too, but certainly also to Dr Donaldson's university). So just take the opposite of the original comment.

(ii) I don't think people in Denmark criticise Mary - she is already a valuable member of the Danish royal family.
  #126  
Old 08-15-2005, 10:34 AM
iowabelle's Avatar
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Des Moines, United States
Posts: 2,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by julial
I do not understand why Alex`s parents feel inclined to keep staying at their ex-son-in-law`s estate. Isn`t it a bit weird? A bit too much, IMO. I suppose Alex has put up a lot but her parents continuing to live inside of the Joachim`s estate is a bit low-can they not afford thier own place? Or are they out of cash?
It was my impression Mr. Manley has plenty of money.

It's not any weirder than Mark Phillips living on Princess Anne's estate, Gatcombe. They probably have a little house or an apartment tucked away, and they don't have to associate much unless they want to.
  #127  
Old 08-15-2005, 02:56 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: san francisco, United States
Posts: 1,283
FYI, Hello magazine's also picked up on the new boyfriend story.

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...cessalexandra/
  #128  
Old 08-15-2005, 03:07 PM
Isabel's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The, United States
Posts: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle
It was my impression Mr. Manley has plenty of money.

It's not any weirder than Mark Phillips living on Princess Anne's estate, Gatcombe. They probably have a little house or an apartment tucked away, and they don't have to associate much unless they want to.
That has also been my impression as well. It has always been said that Mr. Manley was a very successful businessman back in Hong Kong. He's not multi-millionaire, but I would suspect from has been said over the years that he and his wife enjoy a comfortable retirement.

I don't think that the Manley's continuing to live on the grounds at Shackenborg is that strange. Alexandra and Joachim seem to have had a very civil divorce. At least it appears that way. From reports and the dates that have been mentioned it is clear that the two had decided to separate even around the time of Fred and Mary's wedding. Yet, they seemed very pleasant and at ease with each other even laughing and chatting as they have done throughout their marriage.

I certainly wouldn't have predicted a divorce from those pictures. With that in mind, I guess that it's not hard to see Alex and Joachim getting along well and it's not hard to understand why neither Joachim nor the Manley's would still feel strange about living on the grounds at Schackenborg. If their daughter is able to take the divorce so well, then why shouldn't they? It wasn't even their marriage. And, clearly since the owner of the estate doesn't mind, then why should we?
__________________
"Always do what you are afraid to do."
- R.W. Emerson
  #129  
Old 08-15-2005, 07:48 PM
ap3's Avatar
ap3 ap3 is offline
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 315
Actually, I think it reflects well on Joachim. He's been accused of drunkeness and running around with other women. If that was true, if he was so much at fault in the breakup of the marriage, Alex's parents wouldn't stay with him, I think.
  #130  
Old 08-15-2005, 08:13 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabel
That has also been my impression as well. It has always been said that Mr. Manley was a very successful businessman back in Hong Kong. He's not multi-millionaire, but I would suspect from has been said over the years that he and his wife enjoy a comfortable retirement.

I don't think that the Manley's continuing to live on the grounds at Shackenborg is that strange. Alexandra and Joachim seem to have had a very civil divorce. At least it appears that way. From reports and the dates that have been mentioned it is clear that the two had decided to separate even around the time of Fred and Mary's wedding. Yet, they seemed very pleasant and at ease with each other even laughing and chatting as they have done throughout their marriage.

I certainly wouldn't have predicted a divorce from those pictures. With that in mind, I guess that it's not hard to see Alex and Joachim getting along well and it's not hard to understand why neither Joachim nor the Manley's would still feel strange about living on the grounds at Schackenborg. If their daughter is able to take the divorce so well, then why shouldn't they? It wasn't even their marriage. And, clearly since the owner of the estate doesn't mind, then why should we?
and maybe the princess wants to be close to her own parents:)
  #131  
Old 08-15-2005, 10:09 PM
Harmony's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Tropical city somewhere near, Singapore
Posts: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by ap3
Actually, I think it reflects well on Joachim. He's been accused of drunkeness and running around with other women. If that was true, if he was so much at fault in the breakup of the marriage, Alex's parents wouldn't stay with him, I think.
Not making excuses for him, there are many reasons for man to seek alcohol and women for comfort. He appeared to be in the presence of women but was never caught to be unfaithful. Ever wonder why this sudden behaviour? :p
At one time he was also considered by some to be a better choice for king.
Maybe picture is clearer now. Who is to be blame who knows? The DRF is handling well and with discretion. And for both Joachim and Alexandra the act must go on for the sake of their children- as one family whenever the children is around. Maybe at times goes by we will know more .:)
  #132  
Old 08-15-2005, 11:21 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Moreno Valley, United States
Posts: 32
it's good to know that alexandra is still princess of denmark and has the title "her highness." she deserves it for working so hard for the danish royal family. denmark deserves to have a princess like her: stunning, elegant, charismatic and hardworking. though not by birth, she is truly a princess.
  #133  
Old 08-15-2005, 11:26 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Posts: 6,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony
The DRF is handling well and with discretion. .
Yes, they are. Very much so.
__________________
WYAO
  #134  
Old 08-16-2005, 12:59 AM
hillary_nugent's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: , Australia
Posts: 3,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdas1201
May 12, 2005: Princess Alexandra, as protector of DR Radio Girl's Choir attended the first performance concert of "Little Mermaid," composed by Bent Sorensen, at the Royal Albert Hall in London. (Kindly translated by GrandDuchess)

www.rexfeatures.com

May I say that Alex looks truly gorgeous. She's glowing with happiness, no doubt in relation to her new boyfriend.
wooHOooOoo no more overly thick shoulder-padded suits she looks stunning! i love the dress!!! ^__^ but what was the choir wearing? haha
__________________
I came. I saw. I posted.
  #135  
Old 08-16-2005, 01:05 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Posts: 6,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillary_nugent
but what was the choir wearing? haha
I have seen that type of thing on children´s choirs before. Must be some form of generic "Choirwear".
__________________
WYAO
  #136  
Old 08-16-2005, 01:12 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: san francisco, United States
Posts: 1,283
wow that woman has <never> looked better, which I would say is hard to believe. I admire her so much: she has more dignity in her bones than most people could ever wish for.

I have to say Joachim is doing his best as well, and taking the high road also. I bet you all that the marriage broke down probably simply as a result of evolving interests of both individuals into different directions. He is, I read here on the forum, a farmer. She does, as far as I can tell, not really have too many interests in that realm: she doesn't strike me particularly as an outdoors-type girl a la Camilla or someone like that. She seems very sophisticated but in an urbane type way. And that probably didn't stroke with Joachim's country life interests, i.e. getting down into trenches digging mud.

Anyway, all I'm saying is I like them both. If only they were still together <and> the crown-princely couple...ah wishful thinking...
  #137  
Old 08-17-2005, 12:21 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 767
Caption: 3rd Picture
THE HOUSE OF THE FATHER OF THE PROBABLE NEW BOYFRIEND OF PRINCESS ALEXANDRA OF DńNEMARK, MARTIN JORGENSEN, IN ITALY

from picturedesk
Attached Images
      
  #138  
Old 08-17-2005, 12:23 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 767
i also found these pics from picturedesk...a few years ago when they were in thailand....u can actually see how Martin Jorgensen looks like.....kinda cute~!

PRINCESS ALEXANDRA OF DENMARK WITH HER PROBABLY NEW BOYFRIEND MARTIN JORGENSEN (FAR LEFT WITH MICRO AND BACKPACK) IN CHIANG MAI IN THAILAND, FEBRUARY 2003
Attached Images
     
  #139  
Old 08-17-2005, 07:11 AM
Larzen's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 2,819
From Face to face.
She looks very happy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	00727059.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	120.9 KB
ID:	181354   Click image for larger version

Name:	00727060.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	127.9 KB
ID:	181355   Click image for larger version

Name:	00727061.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	144.4 KB
ID:	181356   Click image for larger version

Name:	00727062.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	136.0 KB
ID:	181357  

Click image for larger version

Name:	00727063.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	181358   Click image for larger version

Name:	00727065.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	124.1 KB
ID:	181359   Click image for larger version

Name:	00727066.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	181360   Click image for larger version

Name:	00727067.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	129.6 KB
ID:	181361  

Click image for larger version

Name:	00727069.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	130.5 KB
ID:	181362   Click image for larger version

Name:	00727070.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	122.2 KB
ID:	181363  
  #140  
Old 08-17-2005, 07:49 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 549
Ohh... this looks too waaay too eighties for me. I like the teal coloured dress much better.

She's looking sexy though! Reminds me of Diana after her divorce.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anne, Princess Royal Current Events 5: April 2008-December 2013 Elspeth Current Events Archive 1006 01-01-2014 01:52 PM
Princess Caroline Current Events Part 2: October 2010 - December 2013 Zonk Current Events Archive 534 01-01-2014 04:44 AM
Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 9: March 2008 - September 2010 GlitteringTiaras Current Events Archive 482 09-27-2010 04:53 PM
Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 4: May 2005 - May 2006 Mandy Current Events Archive 402 05-11-2006 04:18 PM
Princess Alexandra, Current Events 1: November 2002 - May 2005 kelly9480 Current Events Archive 559 05-18-2005 12:03 AM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion poll grahamm grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdulah ii king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament photo picture of the week politics prince bernhard prince charles princess beatrice outfit princess ingrid alexandra princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden swedish royal family summer portraits the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:00 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises