Princess Alexandra, Current Events 2: May 2005 - April 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
julial said:
I do not understand why Alex`s parents feel inclined to keep staying at their ex-son-in-law`s estate. Isn`t it a bit weird? A bit too much, IMO. I suppose Alex has put up a lot but her parents continuing to live inside of the Joachim`s estate is a bit low-can they not afford thier own place? Or are they out of cash?

Imagine if Princess Mary's parents decided to do that...Gosh, think of all the uproar it would cause! Some people on this board would start accusing them of living off of the royal family. But, no one would dare say that about Princess Alexandra's parents.

I remember a while back some people were criticising Princess Mary for dating a much younger man before she met Prince Frederik. But, no one seems to mind the fact that Princess Alexandra is dating a man nearly half her age.

Can't you see the double standard when it comes to Princess Mary and Princess Alexandra?

Last edited:
Yes, i can definately see the double standards! It seems ok for Alex but if Mary does it then its the end of the world as we know it and she is already tried and convicted.

With Mary, its as if some people think they are the judge jury and executioner. I knwo im exagerrating just a tad but its true nonetheless.

At this forum, once I had read that somebody criticized Alexandra' parents being move and live in Denmark (specially got own place inside schackenborg property)...and prize Mary's parents being stay away from their daughter new homeland.....(sorry I still don't find the post anymore may be the person regret what she/he has said and erased it :p after we know the fact that now Mary's parents move in to her daughter new land and got a good flat which normally never given to foreigner professor of institution where Mr Donaldson works now (some has said it is likely because of his position as RF in-laws and I think it is possible anyway)....

I think all what they get (Mary' parents and Alex' parents) are the favour of the Royal family specially the Queen'. It is still possible that Alex and Mary had asking for that (just my speculation) but without queen permission I don't think they will get it. We know that DRF has some nice gesture (specially the queen) toward their in-laws.

When the first time Alexandra being royal family she also got many criticize once she got racial criticized. In my opinion, after what she has done to
Denmark less people criticize her for anything... Hope, that will happen to Mary after she proves to people that she is also "a valuable gem" for Denmark.

galuhcandrakirana said:
:p after we know the fact that now Mary's parents move in to her daughter new land and got a good flat which normally never given to foreigner professor of institution where Mr Donaldson works now (some has said it is likely because of his position as RF in-laws and I think it is possible anyway)....

Professor John D.Donaldson will be a guest lecturer for 3 spring terms at Copenhagen university, first half of 2006, 2007, 2008. He is not staying there for good. The University concerned applied for apartments for their foreign lecturers. Whether his daughter married into DRF or not, Profesor John Donaldson like any other foreign lecturers is entitled to apply for apartment to stay.:)

Last edited:
galuhcandrakirana said:
At this forum, once I had read that somebody criticized Alexandra' parents being move and live in Denmark (specially got own place inside schackenborg property)...and prize Mary's parents being stay away from their daughter new homeland.....(sorry I still don't find the post anymore may be the person regret what she/he has said and erased it :p after we know the fact that now Mary's parents move in to her daughter new land and got a good flat which normally never given to foreigner professor of institution where Mr Donaldson works now (some has said it is likely because of his position as RF in-laws and I think it is possible anyway)....

I think all what they get (Mary' parents and Alex' parents) are the favour of the Royal family specially the Queen'. It is still possible that Alex and Mary had asking for that (just my speculation) but without queen permission I don't think they will get it. We know that DRF has some nice gesture (specially the queen) toward their in-laws.

When the first time Alexandra being royal family she also got many criticize once she got racial criticized. In my opinion, after what she has done to
Denmark less people criticize her for anything... Hope, that will happen to Mary after she proves to people that she is also "a valuable gem" for Denmark.

Just a couple of points:
(i) I dont think that Alex's parent's residence nor Mary's dad's residence is a gesture from the queen (in Mary's dad's case - the apartment was available to foreign visiting professors. He satisfied the criteria and the bank who owned the apartment picked him).

(ii) The comment about the flat not being "normally ... given to foreigner professor of institution where Mr Donaldson works now" is totally incorrect. The flat is specifically made available by the owners (a bank) to visiting professors from Dr Donaldson's university (and perhaps other universities too, but certainly also to Dr Donaldson's university). So just take the opposite of the original comment.

(ii) I don't think people in Denmark criticise Mary - she is already a valuable member of the Danish royal family.

Last edited:
julial said:
I do not understand why Alex`s parents feel inclined to keep staying at their ex-son-in-law`s estate. Isn`t it a bit weird? A bit too much, IMO. I suppose Alex has put up a lot but her parents continuing to live inside of the Joachim`s estate is a bit low-can they not afford thier own place? Or are they out of cash?

It was my impression Mr. Manley has plenty of money.

It's not any weirder than Mark Phillips living on Princess Anne's estate, Gatcombe. They probably have a little house or an apartment tucked away, and they don't have to associate much unless they want to.

iowabelle said:
It was my impression Mr. Manley has plenty of money.

It's not any weirder than Mark Phillips living on Princess Anne's estate, Gatcombe. They probably have a little house or an apartment tucked away, and they don't have to associate much unless they want to.

That has also been my impression as well. It has always been said that Mr. Manley was a very successful businessman back in Hong Kong. He's not multi-millionaire, but I would suspect from has been said over the years that he and his wife enjoy a comfortable retirement.

I don't think that the Manley's continuing to live on the grounds at Shackenborg is that strange. Alexandra and Joachim seem to have had a very civil divorce. At least it appears that way. From reports and the dates that have been mentioned it is clear that the two had decided to separate even around the time of Fred and Mary's wedding. Yet, they seemed very pleasant and at ease with each other even laughing and chatting as they have done throughout their marriage.

I certainly wouldn't have predicted a divorce from those pictures. With that in mind, I guess that it's not hard to see Alex and Joachim getting along well and it's not hard to understand why neither Joachim nor the Manley's would still feel strange about living on the grounds at Schackenborg. If their daughter is able to take the divorce so well, then why shouldn't they? It wasn't even their marriage. And, clearly since the owner of the estate doesn't mind, then why should we?

Actually, I think it reflects well on Joachim. He's been accused of drunkeness and running around with other women. If that was true, if he was so much at fault in the breakup of the marriage, Alex's parents wouldn't stay with him, I think.

Isabel said:
That has also been my impression as well. It has always been said that Mr. Manley was a very successful businessman back in Hong Kong. He's not multi-millionaire, but I would suspect from has been said over the years that he and his wife enjoy a comfortable retirement.

I don't think that the Manley's continuing to live on the grounds at Shackenborg is that strange. Alexandra and Joachim seem to have had a very civil divorce. At least it appears that way. From reports and the dates that have been mentioned it is clear that the two had decided to separate even around the time of Fred and Mary's wedding. Yet, they seemed very pleasant and at ease with each other even laughing and chatting as they have done throughout their marriage.

I certainly wouldn't have predicted a divorce from those pictures. With that in mind, I guess that it's not hard to see Alex and Joachim getting along well and it's not hard to understand why neither Joachim nor the Manley's would still feel strange about living on the grounds at Schackenborg. If their daughter is able to take the divorce so well, then why shouldn't they? It wasn't even their marriage. And, clearly since the owner of the estate doesn't mind, then why should we?

and maybe the princess wants to be close to her own parents:)

ap3 said:
Actually, I think it reflects well on Joachim. He's been accused of drunkeness and running around with other women. If that was true, if he was so much at fault in the breakup of the marriage, Alex's parents wouldn't stay with him, I think.

Not making excuses for him, there are many reasons for man to seek alcohol and women for comfort. He appeared to be in the presence of women but was never caught to be unfaithful. Ever wonder why this sudden behaviour? :p
At one time he was also considered by some to be a better choice for king.
Maybe picture is clearer now. Who is to be blame who knows? The DRF is handling well and with discretion. And for both Joachim and Alexandra the act must go on for the sake of their children- as one family whenever the children is around. Maybe at times goes by we will know more .:)

it's good to know that alexandra is still princess of denmark and has the title "her highness." she deserves it for working so hard for the danish royal family. denmark deserves to have a princess like her: stunning, elegant, charismatic and hardworking. though not by birth, she is truly a princess.

Harmony said:
The DRF is handling well and with discretion. .

Yes, they are. Very much so.

pdas1201 said:
May 12, 2005: Princess Alexandra, as protector of DR Radio Girl's Choir attended the first performance concert of "Little Mermaid," composed by Bent Sorensen, at the Royal Albert Hall in London. (Kindly translated by GrandDuchess)

www.rexfeatures.com

May I say that Alex looks truly gorgeous. She's glowing with happiness, no doubt in relation to her new boyfriend.
wooHOooOoo no more overly thick shoulder-padded suits :D she looks stunning! i love the dress!!! ^__^ but what was the choir wearing? :confused: haha

hillary_nugent said:
but what was the choir wearing? :confused: haha

I have seen that type of thing on children´s choirs before. Must be some form of generic "Choirwear".

wow that woman has <never> looked better, which I would say is hard to believe. I admire her so much: she has more dignity in her bones than most people could ever wish for.

I have to say Joachim is doing his best as well, and taking the high road also. I bet you all that the marriage broke down probably simply as a result of evolving interests of both individuals into different directions. He is, I read here on the forum, a farmer. She does, as far as I can tell, not really have too many interests in that realm: she doesn't strike me particularly as an outdoors-type girl a la Camilla or someone like that. She seems very sophisticated but in an urbane type way. And that probably didn't stroke with Joachim's country life interests, i.e. getting down into trenches digging mud.

Anyway, all I'm saying is I like them both. If only they were still together <and> the crown-princely couple...ah wishful thinking...;)

Caption: 3rd Picture
THE HOUSE OF THE FATHER OF THE PROBABLE NEW BOYFRIEND OF PRINCESS ALEXANDRA OF DńNEMARK, MARTIN JORGENSEN, IN ITALY

from picturedesk

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 481
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 257
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 452
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 368
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 297
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 387
i also found these pics from picturedesk...a few years ago when they were in thailand....u can actually see how Martin Jorgensen looks like.....kinda cute~!:D

PRINCESS ALEXANDRA OF DENMARK WITH HER PROBABLY NEW BOYFRIEND MARTIN JORGENSEN (FAR LEFT WITH MICRO AND BACKPACK) IN CHIANG MAI IN THAILAND, FEBRUARY 2003

Attachments

• 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 397
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 524
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 342
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 395
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 383
From Face to face.
She looks very happy

Attachments

• 00727059.jpg
    00727059.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 191
  • 00727060.jpg
    00727060.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 185
  • 00727061.jpg
    00727061.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 239
  • 00727062.jpg
    00727062.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 212
  • 00727063.jpg
    00727063.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 210
  • 00727065.jpg
    00727065.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 184
  • 00727066.jpg
    00727066.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 172
  • 00727067.jpg
    00727067.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 192
  • 00727069.jpg
    00727069.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 162
  • 00727070.jpg
    00727070.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 185
Ohh... this looks too waaay too eighties for me. I like the teal coloured dress much better.

She's looking sexy though! Reminds me of Diana after her divorce.

Let's trash Alexandra (sick: sick:)

I have to report on a serie of attacks by the Danish popular press (Extra Bladet amoung others) on Alexandra.
The link I provide is in Spanish (sorry) but it basically says that the Danish press as been recently selling another version of the Alex-Joachim breackup. Basically, Alex is a nymphomaniac with a taste for young men, her relationship with her new BF is 2 years old and Joachim has been drinking to forget his wife's infedilities!
The article is full of racists cliché ('The Ardent Chinese', 'The oriental with high sexual stamina') and quite disgusting.
I just though it should be reported.
Now that she's no longer a full member of the DRF, I guess Alex will have to cope with more attacks on the kind :( .

Link in Spanish: http://www.abc.es/abc/pg050817/actualidad/gente/200508/17/alexandra_dinamarca_divorcio_infidelidades.asp

Idriel said:

Here you have the translation:

Very bad press for Alexandra of Denmark

CARMEN VILLAR MIR
STOCKHOLM.

After average world suffered with the sweet princess Alexandra, whom it had to divorce of prince Joaquin of Denmark, incapable to support to more time its alcoholism, is now that the youngest child of Reina Daisy II —que received the nickname of "Prins Pinsam" (the prince deplorable)— she was in fact the victim.
Before the general stupor, one makes sure now that Joaquin drowned his alcohol pains and that drank to forget the continuous acts of infidelity its "loving wife", the flights of this one, and the total disinterestedness that the hongkongniana by the marital bed felt. The Scandinavian press without exception, that does not save qualifying contemptuous and hirientes on "Alex" ("the ardent Chinese ", "an Eastern one with sex desire"), gave yesterday to details on the adulteries of the princess and their taste by the young boys. Under title "Sandheden skall frem" (something as well as "That prevails the truth"), the newspaper" Ekstra Bladet "explained that its pair, Martin Jorgensen, fifteen years younger than the princess, are not a newness since has been the lover of this one for two years.
The daily mentioned one also emphasized the chivalry of Joaquin when public doing its separation the 16 of September, assuming the paper of the guilty part to safeguard the maternal figure.
Other metropolitan newspapers, like the "Expressen", speak of a desacreditación campaign towards Alexandra, "yesterday santa and today golfa", with object to improve the battered figure of prince Joaquin.

Hmmm. You never saw Sarah Ferguson referred to as an over-sexed white woman.

The cover says that Martin became a father at 16 and that he has a daughter called Emilie that is 11
Alex`s Lovers former girlfriends speak out
Se og hør has spoken to several of Martins ex girlfriends
He is very charming says Sussanne that dated Martin in the first moths of the year. We celebrated new years together, I had invited Martin and a couple of his friends, we were togethere for two months where we went out and had a good time

Another girl, Louise had a fling with Martin some moths ago, at that time he was in love with the Princess but Alex was not ready to commit.(.and some remarks that he was good in bed which I wont translate further...)
Alexandra happy in london.
It was a wonderfully beautiful and in love Princess that was in London to hear the Radio choir sing in Royal Albert Hall.

Beautiful as always but she did not say much when she arrived except that she was looking forward to the evening. That you can interpret anyway you want to. Atleast she has a lot to be happy about theese days. According to Se og Hørs sources the Princess was in London the whole of Friday but if she went shopping or walked han in hand with her lover is not known. When Se og Hør asked her if she loves him, she turned her head
The last article from BB is only summary of his CV and his family and the work he and Alexandra has done together.

Last edited:
hi everyone!

i just read an article i wasn't used to reading... for once, it blamed on alexandra the divorce with joachim saying it was her who caused joachim to start drinking and going to discotheques because she starting dating another person. it also said how the danish people called her now not so nice things now. it also mentioned that this maybe just a rumour to improve joachim's popularity after the divorce.

does anyone from denmark know if this is true or just a rumour? i didn't think of alexandra like that...

Princess Alexandra, Countess of Frederiksborg,as protector, attended the Swedish Villa Fund’s 10th jubilee arrangement in the Bernstoff Park, Bernstoff Castle, in Gentofte. (Translated by GrandDuchess)

www.facetoface.de; hosted by www.imageshack.us

She is starting to look very glamorous and wearing cuts that I don't think she would ever worn if she were still married to Joachim.

Last edited:
for me, the princess has an unusual but certainly refreshing taste in clothes -- but I really like this black & white outfit she's wearing.:)

it looks very nice on her:p

it's nice to see she wears her styles so nicely:)

pdas1201 said:
Princess Alexandra, Countess of Frederiksborg,as protector, attended the Swedish Villa Fund’s 10th jubilee arrangement in the Bernstoff Park, Bernstoff Castle, in Gentofte. (Translated by GrandDuchess)

www.facetoface.de

She is starting to look very glamorous and wearing cuts that I don't think she would ever worn if she were still married to Joachim.

Great photos. Nice outfit and I like the volume of her hair. It´s nice. She looks great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom