Princess Alexandra, Current Events 2: May 2005 - April 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Se og Hør has an editorial today after Ekstrabladet revealed this weekend that Alexandra took Martin Jørgensen to a cooking class already in October 2003 (they have a dated picture of them http://ekstrabladet.dk/VisArtikel.iasp?PageID=320683) and accusations of her trying to keep up the perfect image, let Joachim take the blame for the divorce when it was known, and therefore get a lot of sympathy and subsequently got her own money from the state and to keep the benefit of not paying tax on things bought in Denmark

Yes it’s Se og Hør and Ekstrabladet but here is the translation anyway
http://www.seoghoer.dk/default.aspx?Action=ViewArticle&ItemID=226&GroupID=53

That Princess Alexandra has fallen in Love with Martin Jørgensen she shall not have a bad word for, Nor that it lead to the divorce from Prince Joachim. She shall neither be blamed for actually living with her boyfriend and that she lets him play with her sons and borrow her (tax-free) car. Denmark can now see that its not just an affair but a serious relationship

But all choices in life has its prize, that also goes when a tax-paid for princess choose to go for her 14 year younger soundman. Either you play the role of Her Highness and keep the illusion about the elevated royal status, or you take the consequences of you choices and build a life where you manage on your own.

So it should be, but it is like Alexandra has been a little too clever so that she can have the best of both worlds, both her young lover and the money from the state. It is hard to see the point with a woman that is out of the royal family, and that is resourceful enough to manage on her own should be a “social client” on first class at the tax payers expense

In the beginning the explanation was that Alexandra was the one that had been cheated on/been treated badly (den forsmåede part) in the divorce, and the money from the tax payers should be a patch on the woonds (plaster på såret) Seldom have we seen the politicians so soft in their knees. But now it has appeared that Alexandra is no saint, and that she has been double playing to get herself the best position when the divorce became public.

Alex could put an end to these speculations by marry because then she will loose many of her advantages or she could voluntarily refuse them. But she will not do so, for that the money is to good. The Question is if not someone should do it for her, the politicians for instance, Believe me they have the public behind them

I don't think they have the public behind them, as long as Alexandra is out doing duties, just as much as other members of the family (if not more.) If she had been at home, doing nothing, then, I suppose the public might've started to grumble.

Maybe she had a relationship with Martin since 2003, maybe not. Maybe Joachim had a relationship with someone else since 2001 (maybe not), and Alex is only playing the same game. Who knows anything? Only Alex and Joachim (and probably the RF). If Alex had been so evil, must be very strange of the Queen to make her Countess, after her divorce, and keep her as part of the family. Remember what Queen E did to Diana after the divorce? Cold shoulder, because Diana did say herself she had a relationship (possibly to punish Charles for cheating on her throughout the marriage), published a book etc. Queen Margrethe is no fool, and insisting on Alex being the one at fault suggests that Queen M and Joachim are so stupid, they continue to have a warm relationship with Alex after discovering she has had an affair??

The truth is that there are Danes (e.g.Ekstra Bladet people) who are racist and didn´t like someone from HK becoming part of the RF. They´ve tried to witch-hunt and unfortunately, Alex´s choice of beau really walks straight into the landmine. If there´s any fault Alex is guilty of, then it´s her choice of boyfriend, and making it public so soon after her divorce, and letting Martin drive her car. That is foolish behaviour.

norwegianne said:
I don't think they have the public behind them, as long as Alexandra is out doing duties, just as much as other members of the family (if not more.) If she had been at home, doing nothing, then, I suppose the public might've started to grumble.
I am very agree with you:) .

Even if she had an affair while she was still married, actions speak louder than words.
The Queen has kept Alexandra as part of the RF, and given her the title of Countess in her own right.

No-one in the family has ever said a bad word about her.
And, about the money, the royals get paid to represent their country, to promote Danish products and services - the very things that Alexandra is doing.
Why should she have her money and priviledges taken from her, regardless of the circumstances of her divorce?:confused:

Xandra said:
Maybe she had a relationship with Martin since 2003, maybe not. Maybe Joachim had a relationship with someone else since 2001 (maybe not), and Alex is only playing the same game. Who knows anything? Only Alex and Joachim (and probably the RF). If Alex had been so evil, must be very strange of the Queen to make her Countess, after her divorce, and keep her as part of the family. Remember what Queen E did to Diana after the divorce? Cold shoulder, because Diana did say herself she had a relationship (possibly to punish Charles for cheating on her throughout the marriage), published a book etc. Queen Margrethe is no fool, and insisting on Alex being the one at fault suggests that Queen M and Joachim are so stupid, they continue to have a warm relationship with Alex after discovering she has had an affair??

The truth is that there are Danes (e.g.Ekstra Bladet people) who are racist and didn´t like someone from HK becoming part of the RF. They´ve tried to witch-hunt and unfortunately, Alex´s choice of beau really walks straight into the landmine. If there´s any fault Alex is guilty of, then it´s her choice of boyfriend, and making it public so soon after her divorce, and letting Martin drive her car. That is foolish behaviour.
It is possible that Queen Margrethe didn’t not know anything about Alexandra being unfaithful until now. Maybe even Joachim didn’t know about until now either. If the Queen knew about it, it is possible that she has accepted it and maybe even to some extends forgiven Alexandra also in consideration of her two grandsons. Life goes on and better get the best out of the circumstances especially for the RF’s who has the public eye on them. But we don’t and can’t know and it is also possible that Alexandra wasn’t unfaithful at all. One thing more. There has NOT been any stories whatsoever about Joachim being unfaithful. There have only been stories(spring/summer 2004) about Joachim being a little drunk and little flirtatious a few times, but nothing more.

Your allegations about racism and that Ekstra Bladet didn’t like someone from HK becoming part of the RF is totally ridiculous. That has never been an issue in Denmark or in Ekstra Bladet. Even though Ekstra Bladet can be a very low tabloid they have often written good articles about Alexandra.

I don't read any Danish, but I don't think that there has ever been any racist talk in Denmark about Alexandra, I think many seen her as a great addition to the family because of her veing of mixed race.

Either way, unfaithful or not, she works hard for her country and deserves her money from the state as much as any other member of the RF.

Layla1971 said:
I don't read any Danish, but I don't think that there has ever been any racist talk in Denmark about Alexandra, I think many seen her as a great addition to the family because of her veing of mixed race.

Either way, unfaithful or not, she works hard for her country and deserves her money from the state as much as any other member of the RF.

I can remember up to ther wedding ther was a groupe callede DSNAP (they
are a Nazigroupe her in denmark ( i hate them :mad: :mad: :mad:)
They was not happy aboute the wedding and the made som wery harsh
comments about Princess Alexandra and her family/relatives somthing about
who they looks and other stuppid remarks about them.
When ther is a gruope of Danes i personaly think that they are lowelife and
have no rigthe to say things aboute a person they don´t know and never
have talkt with.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

H.M. Margrethe said:
I can remember up to ther wedding ther was a groupe callede DSNAP (they
are a Nazigroupe her in denmark ( i hate them :mad: :mad: :mad:)
They was not happy aboute the wedding and the made som wery harsh
comments about Princess Alexandra and her family/relatives somthing about
who they looks and other stuppid remarks about them.
When ther is a gruope of Danes i personaly think that they are lowelife and
have no rigthe to say things aboute a person they don´t know and never
have talkt with.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

That's horrible!:mad: But, it doesn't represent the country and that's what matters!

Layla1971 said:
That's horrible!:mad: But, it doesn't represent the country and that's what matters!

Sadly enough they think that they are the voice of Denmark and they have no respekt of democracy.
In my oppinion they have been brainwashed by ther leader and i think that it
is sad.

H.M. Margrethe said:
Sadly enough they think that they are the voice of Denmark and they have no respekt of democracy.
In my oppinion they have been brainwashed by ther leader and i think that it
is sad.

Do they have many followers? If they do it must have been intimidating for Alexandra.

Layla1971 said:
Do they have many followers? If they do it must have been intimidating for Alexandra.

I really don´t know because it´s a bit huch huch her in denmark.
We don´t like to talk about the groupe.

When I wrote about some racist Danes, I was thinking about that DSNAP group and some tabloid (I apologise for remembering it as Ekstra Bladet. Obviously it´s another one) which had an article not so long ago calling Alex "Oriental slut" or something similar. I read it on one of the posts here. They´re definitely not representative of Danes, but the unfortunate thing is that they are Danes, so I just referred to them as such. Every country has racists, and all of us normal intelligent people hate them. But they do exist, though thankfully there are not so many.
I´m aware (and admire them) that the majority of Danes are wonderfully open-minded and friendly people. I apologise if I offended anyone, but it was not my intention. I meant that small group of mad people who are racist and who were making nasty remarks about Alex. Sooooooorrrry .

I agree with Xandra and Layla1971.

Whether or not she got out of the marriage with Joachim because she was the cheating party and preferred her younger lover, who cares.

Because the fact is that this girl is as good a representative and ambassador for Denmark as well as a slew of worthy causes as I've seen. She not only does a very decent job, she works long days--and many of them--and long hours. She is arguably one of the hardest working royals in Western Europe at the moment. I certainly get the impression that in terms of putting in the man hours, she can give many a cushy Euro crown princess a run for their money! (including her clotheshorse ex-sister-in-law)

In short, I believe that at the end of the day, she gets that nice allowance from the Danish people because she has proven she is a true asset for the country. They are lucky to have her. I hope they realize it.

celebrating her 10th wedding anniversary alone this year again...sigh.......

bigheadshirmp said:
celebrating her 10th wedding anniversary alone this year again...sigh.......

Maybe she's happy about that! Especially with a new boyfriend to keep her distracted, and I don't mean that in the way you think!:D ;)

I think she looks much happier now than she did when she was married. Maybe that's just me though!:) ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Larzen said:
Se og Hør has an editorial today after Ekstrabladet revealed this weekend that Alexandra took Martin Jørgensen to a cooking class already in October 2003 (they have a dated picture of them http://ekstrabladet.dk/VisArtikel.iasp?PageID=320683) and accusations of her trying to keep up the perfect image, let Joachim take the blame for the divorce when it was known, and therefore get a lot of sympathy and subsequently got her own money from the state and to keep the benefit of not paying tax on things bought in Denmark

Yes it’s Se og Hør and Ekstrabladet but here is the translation anyway
http://www.seoghoer.dk/default.aspx?Action=ViewArticle&ItemID=226&GroupID=53

Its probably just a backlash for the papers blaming Joachim right after the divorce. I thought that was stupid and premature. People did not know what led to the marriage breakup and they still don't know now. They're just trying to find reasons.

The article seems to imply that Alexandra could have spoken up when Joachim was getting blamed. But I don't know whether the DRF or Joachim would have wanted her to do that anyway. If she had said something, it could have backfired.

Joachim and Alexandra did the best thing they could; nothing. They said or did nothing to show problems. there will always be rumours but no one will ever know. the best and most gracious way to handle it.

28/11 05H.H. Prinsesse Alexandra deltager i erhvervsfremstød i Kina til den 7. december.

i think she's going to China from nov. 28 to dec 7

wow...

bigheadshirmp said:
28/11 05H.H. Prinsesse Alexandra deltager i erhvervsfremstød i Kina til den 7. december.

i think she's going to China from nov. 28 to dec 7

wow...wow... she's really really busy toward the end of the year, huh? first, Sri Langka, then Russia, now South Africa, next is China.
she's a treasure for denmark, and i'm glad she's taking more and more role, seems like danish ambassador to the world. ;)

Agree very much with Prince Jonnhy25. There´s no point commenting on tabloid nonsense. It never ends, anyway.
what I find really hilarious is how we´re supposed to believe there was an affair by looking at a totally public GROUP photo, (official too, I suppose, since Alex´s lady in waiting was there) of a cookery class. Hallo?

Thanks for all these wonderful pictures, Princess Alexandra looks just marvelous! I'm so impressed by her, she really exuberates inner happiness, and she looks fantastic all the time. She's really doing a great job representing her country and her areas of interest.

why cant all princess be like Alexander , she really does look like she
cares about people she meets

I don't keep up that closely with Princess Alexandra, but she looks great post-divorce. Much happier! Can somebody tell me her arrangement with custody of the two little princes? Who gets more time with them? Alexandra I'm guessing...
She does seem to truly care about people and works hard for the UN and a number of other charities and organizations.
Another question, (sorry!) will Alexandra ever receive another tiara? Or is it the Diamond Drop Tiara and that's it. I wish she would get a new one. The one she has now is pretty but it's overused since it's the only one she has.

soCal girl said:
I don't keep up that closely with Princess Alexandra, but she looks great post-divorce. Much happier! Can somebody tell me her arrangement with custody of the two little princes? Who gets more time with them? Alexandra I'm guessing...
She does seem to truly care about people and works hard for the UN and a number of other charities and organizations.
Another question, (sorry!) will Alexandra ever receive another tiara? Or is it the Diamond Drop Tiara and that's it. I wish she would get a new one. The one she has now is pretty but it's overused since it's the only one she has.

Both Prince Nikolai & Prince Felix live with Princess Alexandra at a new home in Svanemollevej in Copenhagen. (i hope i'm spelling it right)
but, every now and then (i suppose when Alexandra is abroad), they would spend time and live in Schackenborg Manor, just outside Copenhagen.

i really hope Alex will get a new tiara... but it's very unlikely... :(

Yeah...I am thinking she is not getting a new one. Unless she purchases it herself, or its a gift. But who would purchase one for her.

Zonk1189 said:
Yeah...I am thinking she is not getting a new one. Unless she purchases it herself, or its a gift. But who would purchase one for her.

yeah, she can probably purchase it on her own. but, since most tiara has history or a family heirloom, it would be weird for her to wear in public since it has no significant meaning except for looking beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom