The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 02:45 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by april
i dont think she is asian . yeah she looks a little like asian but still she isnt asian
Princess Alexandra's Mom is Austrian, her Dad is Chinese, she was born in Hong Kong. Last I checked, Hong Kong is in South East Asia... I think she's Asian :) Or to be more precise, she's Eurasian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by galuhcandrakirana
I think its a normal situation that when she agrees to keep working for those charity organisations (of course which belong to Denmark) then the country has to pay her. A princess or not when somebody work for someone they deserve to have payment. Alexandra has proofed that she is capable in doing her job then I am not very surprise if they want her to continue her job as a profesional (doesn't matter she remaries or not). About paying money for life time I don't know the real reason behind the decision (any Danish here can help explain more?), may be paying for life time means including pay her retire salary just like the other retire worker get. About what Joachim pay to her, I think she just gets what pre nuptial agreement had said:) .
I would love to see Princess Alexandra in the public eye and remarried. But look at the otherside of the coin. Prince Joachim will one day remarry and if and when that happens, would his wife take over where Alexandra left off? Will she, the future Princess Joachim, take over Alexandra's patronages as an official member of the Danish Royal Family? Something to think about.

Old 09-16-2005, 03:02 PM
Moderator Emeritus
Royal Blogger

that's a good question, but I don't think so

Old 09-16-2005, 03:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

More pics of Alexandra at Caroline Flemming's 30th Birthday Party Masked Ball.

www.rexfeatures.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	549283a.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	198323   Click image for larger version

Name:	549283B.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	198324  
Old 09-16-2005, 04:23 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisele
I would love to see Princess Alexandra in the public eye and remarried. But look at the otherside of the coin. Prince Joachim will one day remarry and if and when that happens, would his wife take over where Alexandra left off? Will she, the future Princess Joachim, take over Alexandra's patronages as an official member of the Danish Royal Family? Something to think about.
Highly unlikely. She will have to make her own way and decide what her interests are and how she can help the people of Denmark. Any future wife of Joachim will have to create her own role for herself. Alexandra is no longer married to Joachim but has not left Denmark or her responsibilities there. She clearly plans to remain there and there is no reason for her to pass on the responsibilities of her patronages.
Old 09-17-2005, 03:29 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisele
Princess Alexandra's Mom is Austrian, her Dad is Chinese, she was born in Hong Kong. Last I checked, Hong Kong is in South East Asia... I think she's Asian :) Or to be more precise, she's Eurasian.
Her dad half Chinese half British, source: http://www.princessalexandradk.com/MANLEY.htm
"Alexandra's parents are from what background :Richard Manley he is half British and half Chinese .He moved from Shanghai, China to Hong Kong with his family back in 1948. Christa Maria Nigel Manley is from Austria".

Hongkong is part of East Asia, not in South east asia:).
http://www.info.gov.hk/info/hkbrief/eng/ahk.htm

Hong Kong is ideally positioned at the centre of rapidly developing East Asia”.
Old 09-17-2005, 09:54 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Her dad half Chinese half British, source: http://www.princessalexandradk.com/MANLEY.htm
"Alexandra's parents are from what background :Richard Manley he is half British and half Chinese .He moved from Shanghai, China to Hong Kong with his family back in 1948. Christa Maria Nigel Manley is from Austria".

Hongkong is part of China.
Old 09-19-2005, 06:49 AM
Courtier

It is really nice and cool to see pictures of royals attending special events such as costume parties, masked balls or masquerade events. I think it is a rare opportunity to look at them wearing these kind of attires because they usually wear attires in contrast to these costumes.
Besides, Princess Alex looks chic and gorgeous in that black attire with that mask thing.

Princess Alex is really close to Henrietta Zobel. They usually shop or hang out together. I have seen pictures to them.
Never let go of anyone that you could not go a day without thinking about. There just might be a very good reason why they're always on your mind. Sometimes, it's the brain that knows too well what the heart tries so hard to deny
~ ~ Anonymous ~ ~
Old 09-20-2005, 03:05 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulette
Princess Alex is really close to Henrietta Zobel. They usually shop or hang out together. I have seen pictures to them.
Would you post the pictures please, it will be interesting pictures:)
Old 09-20-2005, 09:02 AM
Heir Apparent

20 SEPTEMBER 2005

Denmark's Princess Alexandra has shown off two very different sides to her character after wearing radically contrasting outfits on the same day

CompleteStory

When night fell, however, she emerged with a glamorous new look for a masquerade bash
Photo: © Rex

The Danish princess began her day looking prim and proper in a lime green suit
Photo: © Rex
Old 09-20-2005, 01:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

She looks great in that black suit.
Old 09-21-2005, 08:25 AM
Royal Highness

Agreed. She looks great in both outfits, but the masquerade look is just fabulous! The gown is actually understated, the mask gave the outfit the omph factor.
Old 09-21-2005, 11:52 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by april
no . her dad is 1/2 chinese ,so she just 1/4 chinese
The royals portal (german site)says that: "She is the eldest of three daughters of Richard Nigel Manley, son of a Briton and a Chinese woman, and Christa Maria Nowotny, an Austrian with Polish ancestry."

From a genealogy forum I found the following info in swedish:
"Prinsessan Alexandra Christina av Danmark, född 30 jun 1964 i Hong Kong. Äldst av tre systrar. Gift 18 nov 1995 med Prins Joakim Holger Waldemar Christian av Danmark.

Far: Richard Nigel Manley, född i Schanghai av en asiatisk mor och engelsk far. Familjen Manley kan spåras åtminstone till mitten av 1500-talet i Cheshire, England (anfadern Henry Manley?).

Mor: Christa Maria Nowotny, född i Österrike. Manager i firman German Communications i Hong Kong. Nowotny har ett heraldiskt vapen (från när vet jag inte), och är förgrenad runt om i världen. Ett antal framstående forskare i Europa heter Nowotny (framgår av sökning på Google)."

So, in other words, she is 1/4 chinese, 1/4 british and from her mother's side she is austrian/polish.
Old 09-21-2005, 12:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

wow. her dad is only half chinese? i didnt know that. so that means the little princes are only 1/8.

well whatever Alexandra's dna is...it worked out very well for her.
Old 09-21-2005, 02:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think we have had enough talk on Princess Alexandra's ancestry. Please remember this is a Current Events thread. If you are interested in her ancestry, open up another thread.
Old 09-23-2005, 02:24 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:

I stand corrected. Sorry about that but I was reading something about the Sultanate of Sulu - which is in SE Asia - and had that on the brain when I was writing my previous post. Thanks for pointing it out :)

Speaking of which - is there a forum for the Sultanate of Sulu? I know it's not the forum for it but thought I'd ask anyway. Thanks for your patience :)
Old 09-25-2005, 12:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Alexandrias arms and figure are to die for. She looks so stunning and hot at the masquered ball. She probably feels young and rejuvianted now that she has a Ashton Kutcher of her own.
Old 09-25-2005, 05:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

20 September 2005: Princess Alexandra, as protector, attended “The World’s Biggest Children’s Choir” at Århus Stadium. (Translated by GrandDuchess)

www.isifa.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	is_1725155.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	200109   Click image for larger version

Name:	is_1725157.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	200111   Click image for larger version

Name:	is_1725159.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	200112  
Attached Images

Old 09-27-2005, 03:11 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdas1201
20 September 2005: Princess Alexandra, as protector, attended “The World’s Biggest Children’s Choir” at Århus Stadium. (Translated by GrandDuchess)www.isifa.com
I think Alexandra is the protector of girl's choir and Mary is the protector of children's choir (I am not that sure about this, please correct me if i am wrong). May be she is there due to Mary's condition . Thanks for the picture Alex looks lovely as usual:) .
Old 09-27-2005, 03:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigheadshirmp
http://www.bt.dk/royalt/artikel:aid=...fid=100300238/

new article from BT.....can someone translate or summarize?
After the divorce, the postcards with Alexandra and Joachim together on them, became sort of an collectors item... And now they're nearly impossible to get a hold of, as official portraits with the two of them are unlikely to be produced, says the company making the cards.

Unfortunate for some Chinese tourists in Copenhagen: the only one they "knew" in the Danish royal family before arriving, was Princess Alexandra.
Old 09-27-2005, 07:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Alexandra is looking spectacular these days, everything about her seems alot more confident and glamourous.

Closed Thread