Princess Alexandra, Current Events 2: May 2005 - April 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor Jochaim, look waht he lost. A major treasure IMO! He's probably crying a river now...

alexandra very often wears the same style oufit for her public duties.

suit in a heavy fabric with square-ish shape and short skirt. high heels. short brimmed square topped hat.

i guess it makes mixing and matching easy.

Yes, pollyemma, I agree. She wears the same clothes a lot, and even when she is wearing something new, it looks the same because it is in the same heavy style that you describe, and the colors are usually dark and sober. The hats repeat the heavy look. Especially the hat that has the leather loops on it.

Yet her formal clothes tend to be overly bright and bouffant.

But she is still my favorite. Her princess-ness shines through.

lashinka2002 said:
Poor Jochaim, look waht he lost. A major treasure IMO! He's probably crying a river now...

Nah he's probably releived, to some extent, but at the same time sad that it had come to this. Same with Alex too. I for one don't think Joachim "lost" Alex - they just grew apart from each other.

I wish both of them the best of luck.

Jasl said:
Nah he's probably releived, to some extent, but at the same time sad that it had come to this. Same with Alex too. I for one don't think Joachim "lost" Alex - they just grew apart from each other.

I wish both of them the best of luck.

Here Here Jasl. Perfectly said.

"MII"

Probably another attempt by Ekstra Bladet to increase sales. I don´t read Danish, but there was a German tabloid which had headlines like Princess Madeleine pregnant with Princess William´s baby (yes, really!) They are behaving better now after the Swedish RF took legal action. So I´m not surprised that something nasty has to be written about Alex sooner or later, since she now no longer has the protection of the RF.
Some tabloid also wrote once about poor Hendrik being a paedophile or something. You can´t believe the extent they would go to.
The Queen wouldn´t be so nice to Alex if she has been at fault, come on, Ekstra Bladet! Get real.

Xandra said:
The Queen wouldn´t be so nice to Alex if she has been at fault, come on, Ekstra Bladet! Get real.

Agreed! The whole royal family has been, publicly, kind to and supportive of Alexandra. Even if she is the mother of two of the Queen's grandchildren, that wouldn't mean the they would have to be nice and supportive towards her in public if she had done such things.
IMO, just another story to boost sales.

fromEU said:
Today Ekstra Bladet has something like "Alex was adulterous for years - Alex scammed Joachim and Denmark" on the front page. I just looked quickly, so I don’t know how Ekstra Bladet supports it. They say they have a photo. We possible hear about it soon.
I found a picture of the fron page
I have been on the website and seen a tiny version of the group photo that is apparently 'prove' that they were having an affair. It was taken after a cooking class and there are a bunch of people in the same photo. It really makes no sense to me. I am not saying that she did not have an affair - can anyone prove it either way??? I just think if they were having a couple's outing/date then I don't think Alex would have been stupid enough to have a photo taken voluntarily, giving a chance for people to speculate. She had everything to lose...her title, her children....it really makes no sense to me how this photo is any 'prove'. All it tells me is that Alex and Martin were hanging out/were friends as far back as 2003.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just went to the website, but I don't speak Danish. Where on the site is the photo?

melissajames said:
I have been on the website and seen a tiny version of the group photo that is apparently 'prove' that they were having an affair. It was taken after a cooking class and there are a bunch of people in the same photo. It really makes no sense to me. I am not saying that she did not have an affair - can anyone prove it either way??? I just think if they were having a couple's outing/date then I don't think Alex would have been stupid enough to have a photo taken voluntarily, giving a chance for people to speculate. She had everything to lose...her title, her children....it really makes no sense to me how this photo is any 'prove'. All it tells me is that Alex and Martin were hanging out/were friends as far back as 2003.
I agree. It seems to me that Ekstrabladet has currently squeezed everything they can out of the newborn prince for the moment, and with his parents out of the spotlight, now has to turn to other sources, and never having gotten to the bottom of the divorce, it now stands in order to be dissected once more. Ekstrabladet is fairly similar to The Sun & other trashy magazines.

Cookery class is not somewhere I imagine people going for a secret lover's tryst, especially if it is a fairly open cookery class.

Martin's father have been producing documentaries about the royal family; it couldn't have been in that connection that Martin was there?

Here are pictures of Princess Alexandra (looking incredibly wonderful!) taking part in the Days of Denmark in Murmansk, Russia. From Polfoto.

Attachments

• ch146071_guest.jpg
    ch146071_guest.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 203
  • ch146072_guest.jpg
    ch146072_guest.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 217
  • ch146073_guest.jpg
    ch146073_guest.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 228
  • ch146074_guest.jpg
    ch146074_guest.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 204
  • ch146070_guest.jpg
    ch146070_guest.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 855
GrandDuchess said:
Here are pictures of Princess Alexandra (looking incredibly wonderful!) taking part in the Days of Denmark in Murmansk, Russia. From Polfoto.

You're right she looks really great!:D When were these pics taken?:confused:

rosalyn said:
Does she take her beau with her when she goes out of the country?

I've never heard that she does, maybe secretly, but then the media would eventually find out!

I think this would be considered business only.

Layla1971 said:
You're right she looks really great!:D When were these pics taken?:confused:
13 November according to Polfoto, so yesterday Sunday.

Several more pics

www.colourpress.com

She is glowing, litterally glowing. Wow!!! I just love looking at her. BTW, that looks to be a new dress.

Attachments

• 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 527
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 193
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 233
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 217
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 204
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 223
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 184
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 429
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 472
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 221
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 618
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 1,487
Is this an event where she accompany the danish radio girls choir?
she always looks great in these events. remember in London back on august? she looks fantastic.

the princess is due to leave the country again next week to visit south africa. is this correct?
i'm glad she's taking lots & lots of official events and hope to see her more & more...

yes....she's leaving for south africa next week........

she's just GLOWing!!!!!!!!! looking gorgerous!!!!
Joachim is missing out...hahaha

Her glowing comes from her inner.. I think she glows no matter what dress or make up she has, clothes and make up just make her less or more glow. She is a smart, caring person and beautiful who has (almost) never appeared without her happy smile. Glowing is with her no matter what she wears:).

more & more of princess alexandra in russia (from colourpress) :

Attachments

• COLOUR10389082.jpg
    COLOUR10389082.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 166
  • COLOUR10389083.jpg
    COLOUR10389083.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 198
  • COLOUR10389088.jpg
    COLOUR10389088.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 179
  • COLOUR10389094.jpg
    COLOUR10389094.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 216
  • COLOUR10389096.jpg
    COLOUR10389096.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 158
  • COLOUR10389097.jpg
    COLOUR10389097.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 185
  • COLOUR10389103.jpg
    COLOUR10389103.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 188
  • COLOUR10389105.jpg
    COLOUR10389105.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 183
  • COLOUR10389108.jpg
    COLOUR10389108.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 196
  • COLOUR10389080.jpg
    COLOUR10389080.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Thanks so much pdas and purple_platinum for the Colourpress pictures - Princess Alexandra looks so fantastic - absolutely fab!!! She's just glowing and glittering the whole her, she must be really happy!

these are great photos! thanks Purple Platinum!

though, does anyone think that on a few of the Russia photos she looks kinda tired?

pollyemma said:
these are great photos! thanks Purple Platinum!

though, does anyone think that on a few of the Russia photos she looks kinda tired?

your welcome pollyemma & GrandDuchess :) :)
i just love to see her out & about...

she probably looks kinda tired because of the flight & probably colour of her cloth add to that effect too...
anyway.. i hope to see more of her & hopefully in next week trip, there'll be lots of journalists so we can see lots of photos... :) ;)

I like the cut of the brown suit, with the lace on the sleeves. But I don't like the color. Or how tightly her hair is pulled back.

In what capacity did she travel to Russia?

aw, alex is glowing. she really is looking beautiful.
it's a pity she was wearing fur though :( just hope she doesn't use it anymore.

why did she go to russia? is she on state visit or is it one of those trips as unicef/other ong godwill ambassador?

carlota said:
aw, alex is glowing. she really is looking beautiful.
it's a pity she was wearing fur though :( just hope she doesn't use it anymore.

why did she go to russia? is she on state visit or is it one of those trips as unicef/other ong godwill ambassador?

the official agenda mentioned :12/11 05H.H. Prinsesse Alexandra overværer som protektor Radiopigekorets koncert i Murmansk, Rusland, kl. 16.00.

i believe she was there as a protector of danish radio girls choir, who was there for a concert

Alexandra is the protector of DR's (Danish Radio/Television) Girl Choir, and thus travels with them from time to time when they have big appearences - such as the visit to London earlier this year, and this visit to Murmansk. It's really promoting Denmark and its art.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom