Princess Alexandra, Current Events 1: November 2002 - May 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
timtonruben359 said:
There have been nasty rumours all over the place concerning both Alexandra and Joachim. Ranging from a drink problem, and cheating with young women on Joachim's part. Then there's stories that Alexandra had affairs, or Joachim was jealous of her popularity.

There is even a really nasty rumour going around the Fredrick and Alexandra had an affair ... which is just mean!!!!!

We don't know what happened, and yes we would like to know, but that's none of our business and the last thing we need is another Diana and Charles scandal.
regarding the rumour arond Frederick and Alxandra....i read it on a hong kong magazine....they refered to some magazines from Denmark saying that Princess Alxandra should have marry to CP Frederick and become Queen Alexandra in the future because Frederick seems to act more mature and won't get drunk and flirt with girls or something like that....

they also said that Princess Alexandra is very mean to people sometimes....(i totally don't believe that!!!!!!!)

samitude said:
She looks very pretty in these pictures; some of the nicest I have seen of her. Has she removed her wedding ring?
Wow I haven't been here in a long time. Just found out what happened yesterday. Anyway, I don't think she has. If you look closely at the pictures, Princess Alexandra is still wearing a ring on ring finger of her left hand.

That is just one of the most horrible things I have heard about the princess. I don't think that it is true.

She and her lady-in-waiting are good friends and I know she would never steal her husband.

Can we please not post things that don't come from credible sources? Stay in line with the topic which is real news about the princess.

This is ridiculous. I cannot belive that Alex has such low moral standards that she would have a relatioship with her the husband of her lady-in-waiting while she herself is married to Joachim. This is out of control. I really wish that some people could be more reasonable and objective and not go around quoting everything that they read in a "magazine" or read on some other site. At this point, I can only consider such rants to be nothing more than idle gossip.

Gossip magazines have survived from the 20-80 rule. 20% of what they report is true or will be validated and the other 80% false or an exaggeration of the truth. This is, of course, my own opinion. Hopefully what is being spread around about Princess Alexandra and Prince Joachim are not in the 20% category...:)

Princess Alexandra visitied a center for guide dogs in Fredericia, Denmark
transpx.gif

Attachments

• COLOUR10045079.jpg
    COLOUR10045079.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 283
  • COLOUR10045081.jpg
    COLOUR10045081.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 342
  • COLOUR10045082.jpg
    COLOUR10045082.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 264
megknight said:
Princess Alexandra visitied a center for guide dogs in Fredericia, Denmark
transpx.gif
Thanks for the pictures. Alexandra looks lovely.

GrandDuchess said:
From Colourpress:

Princess Alexandras new home

Princess Alexandras new home is a 1 mio. Euro-palais in one of the dilpomatic quarters of Copenhagen, Svanemoellevej. The acquisition of the villa was already made on may, 13 - the day before the royal wedding - and the final papers were signed by Princess Alexandra on june 30, her 40 year birthday anniversary - more than two and a half months before the separation was announced on september 22.
Thanks for the photos, I wish next time we can find pictures about its interrior or its garden... I think one million Euro is not an expensive price of house for a princess, I mean here in France we can find many of normal big house (not chateau) more than one million € even its located at outside of expensive city such as Paris.

According to people at the Scandinavian Royals MB, the addres is Svanemøllevej 12 in Østerbro in Copenhagen, about 4 km from Amalienborg and 3,5 km from Prince Nikolai's school. It cost 7 million DK, which is about 914 000 Euros. I saw at some website that it's 269 square metres.

Last edited by a moderator:
The villa is beautiful. The outside looks lovely, sans the all the bushes...

Princess Alexandra's New Home

I just saw Alexandra's house on Colourpress and in this thread. It's really very nice. However, I was shocked to learn about the acquisition of the house and the dates. I'm an innocent - I had no idea that Princess Alexandra and Prince Joachim had been in the process of divorcing much longer than I had originally thought (I thought it just occured when it was announced).

Regardless of the reasons why they're divorcing or who did what to whom, it's very sad because there are young children involved who might not understand why mommy and daddy don't live together anymore. I hope that everyone will work together to make their adjustment easier and less traumatic :(

What I find odd is that they managed to keep it a secret from the press for so long. I mean, the house. But as it was purchased around Mary and Frederik's wedding, it must have been the ideal time to house-shop. Especially to get ones mind off other things.

norwegianne said:
What I find odd is that they managed to keep it a secret from the press for so long. I mean, the house. But as it was purchased around Mary and Frederik's wedding, it must have been the ideal time to house-shop. Especially to get ones mind off other things.
Yeah, that is odd. All during the events preceeding and up to the wedding, there not one shred of evidence that something was going on. Strange as it may seem, I have to commend the royal family for carrying on and keeping up appearances. Not one of them gave away what was going on between Alexandra and Joachim, including Alexandra and Joachim! They seemed close and happy.

I think because everyone was sooo focused on F&M the couple managed to slip under the radar.

Interesting that proximity to Amalienborg and Nikolai's school is mentioned but what about Schakenborg where Joachim will remain?

What are the logistics financially for the home?

Will the Queen cover the expenses of the home herself or will Alexandra be expected to out of her own allowance now that she is getting one herself?

I guess it would make sense in some ways if the Queen covered expenses for the home financially seeing as how Nikolai and Felix are in line to the throne. I think the British Queen made similar arrangements with Diana and Fergie when they divorced too?

why did she not move there in the first place, instead of going via Amalienborg Palace, now the boys have to move yet again STRANGE i think

krone1 said:
why did she not move there in the first place, instead of going via Amalienborg Palace, now the boys have to move yet again STRANGE i think
Because the house is in need of repair and it will take a few months to renovate the home.

from hellomagazine.com

ALEXANDRA'S FIRST APPEARANCE SINCE DIVORCED ANNOUNCED

Denmark's royal leading ladies have been showing their arty side this week. Princess Alexandra stepped out on Wednesday to open an exhibition at the NB Gallery in Roskilde, while her sister-in-law Princess Mary did the honours at another show in Copenhagen.

Alexandra, who was her usual elegant self in a grey floral-print suit complemented by a cream hat, was making her first official appearance since the announcement that she and Prince Joachim are to divorce. A large crowd of well-wishers were there to greet the royal visitor, who seemed to be in good spirits throughout the event.

The Hong Kong-born princess' appearance comes hot on the heels of the news she is moving out of Amalienborg Palace. Royal officials have confirmed newspaper reports that she has bought a 270-square metre villa for £665,000. The 40-year-old will live in the former embassy in the Danish capital with her sons Nikolai and Felix.

Mary, meanwhile, received an equally warm welcome when she opened a new exhibit by the famous French photographer Yann Arthus-Bertrand. Wearing a sharply-cut black suit with a mauve hat, Prince Frederik's pretty wife was given a guided tour of the show by the snapper himself.

Hi
Im sorry, so Alex got a new house and her own money, Im sick of paying tax to keep these royals running around, yeah i really am. If the prince get a new wife then i have to pay for her too. No other dysfunctional familie get benefits im these propertions. Fair play if the worked hard for their money but they don't, all they do is go to openings and cut a string. I HAVE HAD ENOUGH

Alexandra news about apanage she will receive.
Alexandra will receive about 1.73 million kroner (233,000 euros, 288,000 dollars) a year, which will be tax-free unless she remarries, a statement from Prime Minister Anders Fogh Rasmussen's office said.Prince Joachim's civil list will as a result be reduced from 2.56 million kroner to 1.83 million kroner a year

http://asia.news.yahoo.com/041001/afp/041001114402people.html

Last edited by a moderator:
krone1 said:
Hi
Im sorry, so Alex got a new house and her own money, Im sick of paying tax to keep these royals running around, yeah i really am. If the prince get a new wife then i have to pay for her too. No other dysfunctional familie get benefits im these propertions. Fair play if the worked hard for their money but they don't, all they do is go to openings and cut a string. I HAVE HAD ENOUGH
Alexandra has worked hard and diligently for nine years for Denmark with Joachim. I think it is only fair that she receives recognition and compensation for her efforts. I also think she is entitled to a settlement like anyone else going through divorce proceedings. The government allowance serves the purpose.

I believe that since she is pursuing her many royal duties, she is earning her allowance.

Hello. I am new hear, but I totally love the imporvements on this site.
As far as the divorce, when I watched the F&M wedding, I got a weird feeling when I saw Alexandra walk down the aisle to sit. She looked kind of lonely. But I dismissed my feelings cuz I totally thought, like everyone else in the world, that her marriage was unbreakable. But I think that divorce is so wrong cuz Alexandra is a wonderful royal and I think that Joachim is making a big mistake in letting her go. But I appreciate the decorum that the royal family has presented. It was totally not like Diana & Charles where you could see their disdain for each other. Well I wish the best for Alexandra. But what will life be like for her afterwards? I wonder what will she be doing career-wise?

Welcome to TRL Reina!

And thanks for the lovely pictures of Princess Alexandra, Paulette! I'm glad to see that she supports the fight against breast cancer - especially now that it's October!

The messages about who's paid for her house seems not to be very clear yet. Some articles says that Queen Margrethe paid for it via the company that was set up to buy her a house - but according to their pre-nup agreement - it says that Prince Joachim are to provide her with a home in case of divorce. Maybe someone can shed some light on this?

The sum of her apanage seems appropriate too. I hope she and the boys will like their new home once they move in!

Here is the official statement from Denmark on the dimes and nickles Alexandra will receive post-divorce.

(In English, courtesy of the Scandinavian Royals MB): The Danish Government will soon propose a bill that gives Princess Alexandra an appanage of 1,735,000 Kroner (approx. $ 290,000) each year for the rest of her life, also if she re-marries - but in that case she'll no longer enjoy tax exemption.
At the same time Prince Joachim's appanage will be cut from 2,567,000 to 1,832,000 Kroner.

And if you can read Danish, the complete details: http://www.stm.dk/Index/dokumenter.asp?o=3&n=0&d=2159&s=1

They forgot to mention that her apanage will follow the inflation, so *that's* not the exact amount she'll be getting, but that's what the amount is in today's money. If that made any sense.

Polfoto 01-10-2004 Prinsesse Alexandra hilser på en lille pige, da hun i dag åbnede - som protektor - SICEF (Scandinavian International Career and Education Fair) 2004 i Øksnehallen i København. SICEF er en messe, der søger at hjælpe de, som gerne vil i gang med karrieren, og de, som gerne vil videre i deres karriereforløb. (Kim Nielsen/Polfoto)

Attachments

• ch122578_guest.jpg
    ch122578_guest.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 456
  • ch122579_guest.jpg
    ch122579_guest.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 500
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom